Pancreatic cancer

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EOCT

Re: Pancreatic cancer

Post by EOCT »

"Volunteering my services at my sons school, now that it's in session. That has to be a help when it comes to my frame of mind. BigSkyCatinMT"

Sky, you are the Man! "Giving" = the epitome of great living minute by minute. You and your ethics are inspiring.

Please keep us up with your adventures, huh Bro?
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

15 months ago, if someone would have told me I'd ever go 3 days in a row without repeated puking, I would have hoped that they were an angel or a prophet, and not an idiot. 8 days now, almost lost it once. Appetite back - actually regained 2 lbs - up to 187. After losing 13 minutes off my usual bicycle time, got 4 minutes back...hell, can actually ride again. Keeping busy with volunteer work till I can barely move. My bones ache, but I'm actually having more good days than bad now. I have faith that it will continue.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

That is really good news. I admire that you are active and live life instead of living in depression. That has to take a lot of courage.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Keep going, bro. Keep going.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Well done Mtz! Keep strong man!

Watching my mom go through chemo would make me think it sometimes does more harm than good. She had maybe one good hour out of 24, and just hung on until our family could get all together.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Great news, SKYCAT!

Howzit going at school? I bet your son is busting with pride to have his Pops working there!

What's your elevation in Mt? Hope you guys aren't in fire danger.

Does an "El Nino coming from the South America have any effect on you guys. The prediction here in Ca. is getting stronger all the time for a season of big dumps-----and forget the dustings.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

EOCT wrote:Great news, SKYCAT!

Howzit going at school? I bet your son is busting with pride to have his Pops working there!

What's your elevation in Mt? Hope you guys aren't in fire danger.

Does an "El Nino coming from the South America have any effect on you guys. The prediction here in Ca. is getting stronger all the time for a season of big dumps-----and forget the dustings.

Son kind of embarrassed, as wife is a teacher there. He never gets rid of us. Private school. Our group made an offer of $165,000 18 months ago with a listing of 1/2 Mil - it was accepted. With donations, paid it off in 4 months.

We're only sitting at about 3600 hundred feet at my place. Fire season absolutely sucked this year, but cold weather has turned it in our favor. Freezes every morning now.

El Nino? Far enough inland to not be effected. Still in the mountains, so no tornadoes either.

Hope it lasts, but in bits and chunks getting strength back. Had enough in me to help an 81 year old man with COPD tear down an outbuilding today. I did 60% of the work. I'm 52. Hard getting used to not being the machine I once was. I WILL get there again.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
ALASKACAT

Post by ALASKACAT »

https://go.thetruthaboutcancer.com/snea ... id=1587573" target="_blank​

I came across the above link which is a sneak preview on "The Truth about Cancer, A Global Quest". This is a free 9 day docu-series starting Oct 13th. My hope is that you or perhaps someone you know will sign up and view these approximately one hour episodes on a better way to approach or prevent cancer. One of the chapters talks to a pancreatic cancer survivor, I believe.

Anyway the information is out there for whomever wants to view it. There is a lot of important and helpful information out there that has been buried by nefarious business interests.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Got to feeling pretty good. Went out and tore down 2 outbuildings to make room for a new shop and shed. Sliced my stomach from hip to upper rib cage on a sheet of tin roofing. . Emergency room, infection, blood poisoning, lost 14 lbs. in 12 days, pants starting to fall off -16 days in, feeling pretty spunky. I know it's never over, but I feel pretty good, minus a separate setback. Taking my son on hikes and bike rides again. That's important to me...to be able to do that with him again.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

ALASKACAT wrote:https://go.thetruthaboutcancer.com/snea ... =1587573â€

I came across the above link which is a sneak preview on "The Truth about Cancer, A Global Quest". This is a free 9 day docu-series starting Oct 13th. My hope is that you or perhaps someone you know will sign up and view these approximately one hour episodes on a better way to approach or prevent cancer. One of the chapters talks to a pancreatic cancer survivor, I believe.

Anyway the information is out there for whomever wants to view it. There is a lot of important and helpful information out there that has been buried by nefarious business interests.
Jesus. mtzwami, this goes without saying, but please don't get sucked into bullshit like this.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Bruins01 wrote:

Jesus. mtzwami, this goes without saying, but please don't get sucked into bullshit like this.
Outside of a separate setback, I'm doing pretty damn good. Better than I have for the last 34 months. I'm even civil to people again!
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Bruins01 wrote:

DITTO!

This fellow Ty Bollinger is well known as a quack who promotes pseudoscience to unsuspecting cancer patients. He's been around for quite a while with books and video of "alternative cancer treatments".

One of many pieces of info about this guy:

http://hatepseudoscience.com/2014/03/07 ... eruntruth/" target="_blank
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Thanks, EOCT - my treatment is a little offbeat, which is why I won't discuss it - bad move if I did. Now fighting blood poisoning. I think I win that battle, but it takes so much longer at 52 than when I was 32. I believe that in the end, I get a victory over both...my goal is long term!
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Here's to your update in this thread at 82.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Big Sky, very sorry to hear you're wrestling with the blood infection.

And very happy to hear you're nevertheless feeling better and getting out with your son on the trails. Sounds so positive and I bet your man is getting experiences of his lifetime being with you that way. I really identify with you Sky. I've spent so many hours and days hiking and biking In Big Bear with my sons. A lot of our hikes and rides would include a "man to man" talk about stuff which didn't really fit easily in a house environment. Also times when one would invariably say(on bike) "Come on Poppers-----lets go to the right where we can get some air!". Good grief.

I bet you guys will be hiking in snow pretty soon. You ever try off-trail with new snow on the ground? Perfect time to chase the fun of getting way off-trail, but without much risk, huh?

We're counting on you Bro Big Sky!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Hope you're doing well bigsky...haven't been online in about 4 weeks.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Anybody hear from bigsky?
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Irish27 wrote:Anybody hear from bigsky?
It says he last visited about a month ago: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:03 am
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Anybody hear from bigsky?
It says he last visited about a month ago: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:03 am
With maple sap season in Montana, March Madness, and the immediate lull thereafter, I hope you're feeling well Mtzwami.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Anybody hear from BigSkyCatinMT lately?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He was in my mind recently too.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

This is the last I heard from him:

Sent: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 am
by Merkin

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:
BTW, Thanks for recognition in the game (that sucked) thread. I have some good days, some bad. None spectacular, none horrific. Just treading water, so to speak. Every breakthrough seems to lead to a set-back. Every set-back seems to lead to a break-through.

Can't remember his name, Dave something, and that info is lost at the TOS so I can't google him.

Sadly, it's probably the worst cancer you can get for survivability:

While pancreatic cancer survival rates have been improving from decade to decade, the disease is still considered largely incurable. Survival Rates.
According to the American Cancer Society, for all stages of pancreatic cancer combined, the one-year relative survival rate is 20%, and the five-year rate is 6%.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Anyone been in contact with BigSky? Hate to think the worst.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

As requested by MontanaCat from the Scout free board"

"Anyone that reads this and has an account on beardown, please copy and paste what follows in the 'pancreatic cancer' thread in General discussion forum.

"I am doing well. Better than I have in 8 years. Been living life to the fullest, and am spending QT with my son. 19.75 mile bike ride a couple days ago. Lost 52 lbs., but a very healthy 52 lb loss. I run, and do all sorts of things haven't done in years. I haven't logged on 'Beardown' because I have a new computer and haven't found the proper hoops to jump through to retrieve/reset my password. For Merkin, last person I private messaged. Yes, my name is David Allen and my proof is that I showed you my Dodge truck I had for sale." Please share and know that I am fine. just finding life again. - mtzw

skyzdelimit@yahoo.com" target="_blank

Last edited Today 2:16 AM by MontanaCat"
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fantastic news! Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Well, get that login crap solved, BigSky! Fantastic to get the update and hope you continue on your path to the good life.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Good news indeed.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Great news. I had a feeling.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Great news.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

By far the best news I've heard all day.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Fantastic. This absolutely made my weeks. Big ups big sky. Bear down.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'll be honest, when we didn't hear from MTZ I thought the cancer had won.

Never been more happy to be wrong.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote:I'll be honest, when we didn't hear from MTZ I thought the cancer had won.

Same here.

Note to MTZ, use Chrome, it saves your passwords!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Really relieved to hear. This board isn't the same without mtzwami, our Montana man. :)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:I'll be honest, when we didn't hear from MTZ I thought the cancer had won.

Those were my thoughts as well.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I assumed the worst as well. Both of my uncles that had pancreatic cancer were gone so suddenly that I am very pleasantly surprised. Keep on truckin there mtz.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Merkin wrote:

Same here.

Note to MTZ, use Chrome, it saves your passwords!
He could also use lastpass or any other password keeper.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I reset his password and emailed him a temp pw. Hopefully he finds his way back.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

This is wonderful news. ir warms my heart to read about a person who has overcome obstacles, and more that that same person has grown and lives a more fulfilling life. What an inspiration!
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Just great news!!

You're an inspiration, Mitz!
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

EOCT wrote:Just great news!!

You're an inspiration, Mitz!
I'm one hell of a sore inspiration. My 13 year old son who runs track and Cross Country is wearing this 53 year old training partner of his the hell out. Crawdad hunting, biking, running, mountain climbing, etc.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Thanks UADevil, and kaibabkat..
Last edited by BigSkyCatinMT on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Hey! Welcome back buddy! It's great to see you!
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

quote="Merkin"]This is the last I heard from him:

While pancreatic cancer survival rates have been improving from decade to decade, the disease is still considered largely incurable. Survival Rates.
According to the American Cancer Society, for all stages of pancreatic cancer combined, the one-year relative survival rate is 20%, and the five-year rate is 6%.
[/quote]

I had to take statistics while studying Engineering in college. I know what it's supposed to mean.

I just steadfastly refuse to be a statistic, as I refused to allow my wife to be a statistic in 1996 when she was expected to pass - before even the birth of my son.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Made my day Mtz!

BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Some things have changed. Some haven't.

1). I'm more sympathetic now after having gone through so much - and it isn't over. Still big trials ahead. But it looks good.

2.) Will not post as much as I used to, though still die-hard Cat fan. Will be in some of the official game threads - I started the first few.

3.) Still a Christian, still a Conservative. Just not as combative or vocal as I got when when I was so miserable.

4.) My dad passed while I was away, and family is more important to me than ever.

5.) I don't let little shiit bother like I had allowed to happen a few years ago.

6.) I am 3 lbs. over the weight I was at in 1994 when I got married...lost 52. Getting ornery again, but a good ornery.

7.) Thinking of teaching womens self-defense classes again. Was once ranked 8th in the world in Kyukushinkai.

8.) This doesn't change - let's get to some freaking Arizona bball!!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Thank for making me smile this morning, BigSky.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Puerco wrote:Thank for making me smile this morning, BigSky.
If I've learned anything lately it is this'

Young lovers always say "I want to make you happy" That is really not a power ANY of us have. You can't make the morbidly depressed happy. You can't reverse misery. None of us are empaths where we can magically take pain away.

We are endowed with 2 powers. If we choose so, we can make someones life a living hell.

Or;

What I have learned is that each day we can make someone smile, laugh, or just make their day a little better. And, if you can do it for your family on a daily basis, you are blessed. That IS a power we are ALL endowed with.

Got fired for the first time in my life a couple weeks ago. Spent too much time helping people in wheelchairs at Ace Hardware - home of the 'helpful hardware man.' Narrow aisles, and I would never change ANY thing I did, no matter the result.

Puerco, so glad I made you smile.

Pay it forward
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Special thanks to Chicat, and Scumdevils86 for support. Think I warred with you two more than anyone. Maybe Ruins01.

Not to leave anyone out, but we exchanged some pretty mean crap in the day. I always checked in at least once a week, logged in or not.

Was always gonna get back here, just a matter of when. Basketball season coming on was a good bet. Think Sean Elliot was my favorite player.