the University and ABOR

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Sage&Silver

the University and ABOR

Post by Sage&Silver »

Last week ABOR set new enrollment demands for the three universities. UofA will add 22k more students
UA would increase 52 percent to 64,250

I haven't heard of UofA growing the rural satellites so all this growth presumably would take place on the main campus. For reference, ASU enrolls 60k at the Tempe campus, and that is currently the largest enrollment in the country.

NAU and ASU will grow 27 and 37 percent respectively.

I don't see any reason to think UofA would receive a 52% boost in qualified applicants.
ASUHATER!

Re: the University and ABOR

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jesus. They want us to become asu south. They really want asu to have over 100k students and 75-80k at their main campus alone.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Good grief that's a major student body increase. Those towers built on Park got ahead of the game; they benefit from the influx big time.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Adding 50% to the student body in 10 years is crazy. They've already added like 5 dorms and 5 new academic buildings plus the new Union/bookstore and a couple garages in the last 15 years and that was only with the enrollment going up about 8000 from 2000-2015. Adding twelve thousand more students than that in five less years would basically mean dozens of new buildings being made at the U of A. The University would probably take over everything south of Adams and north of 8th or 9th street between Campbell and Euclid. The campus would grow in size by probably 40%

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

is there some kind of vast population of qualified students who want to go to AZ schools but can't get in because they are at capacity?

Didn't think so.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Seriously. With the current acceptance rates we could probably add like 5000 students if we just started accepting pretty much everyone

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Lowering entry requirements isn't a likely part of the plan. Online courses will be, but so will international marketing, including hiring Chinese rappers and stuff like that to bring in students. All about increasing tuition dollars