$2.61

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bruins01

Re: $2.61

Post by Bruins01 »

ASUHATER! wrote:No idea why it's so expensive there. In everywhere else in LA it's $2.50-2.80
The gas stations around me (West LA/Sawtelle/Brentwood) are $3.00-3.40, unfortunately.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bruins01 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:No idea why it's so expensive there. In everywhere else in LA it's $2.50-2.80
The gas stations around me (West LA/Sawtelle/Brentwood) are $3.00-3.40, unfortunately.
Just looked at the gas price map in LA and nothing is above like 2.80. You just happen to only drive by the most expensive stations in the county.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Bruins01 wrote:

Bruins just lives in the high rent district and is wealthy and all these years we thought he was a champion of the little guy :D ;)
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Bruins has always made it well known he is loaded and likes to rub it in everyone's face.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

$1.65 at Sam's today in Tucson.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I paid $1.49 yesterday at the QT on Kolb.
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Schlumberger Ltd. (NYSE: SLB) on Jan. 21 disclosed it had cut 10,000 jobs in the fourth quarter of 2015.
The oil field services giant disclosed in early December that it planned more mass job cuts before the end of the year. However, specific numbers were not available at the time.

Schlumberger recorded a $530 million charge during the fourth quarter associated with the workforce reduction and the expansion of the company’s incentivized leave of absence program. The company also recorded more than $1.6 billion in asset impairments and restructuring charges, nearly half of which was attributed to underutilized pressure pumping and other equipment in North America, as well as certain lower-tier drilling rigs.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morn ... 1453475100" target="_blank
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Bruins has always made it well known he is loaded and likes to rub it in everyone's face.
What? When?? You must be confusing me with LK or something.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bruins01 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Bruins has always made it well known he is loaded and likes to rub it in everyone's face.
I'm often loaded, but don't brag about it either.

the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Forget $2 gas. Gas is getting close to the $1 mark in some parts of the country.

There are at least eight states where some stations are now selling gas for less than $1.25 a gallon, according to GasBuddy.com. The cheapest gas at the moment is at a 7-Eleven in Oklahoma City, which is selling a gallon of regular for $1.11. In fact, more than a dozen other stations in that city have gas for $1.14 or less. Extremely cheap gas can also be found in Texas, Missouri, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois Michigan and Kansas.

Nationwide, the average price of a gallon of regular is down to $1.74, the cheapest it's been since early January 2009.

A huge supply of gas is flooding the market, which is driving down wholesale gas prices. A gallon of regular gas was going for just 69 cents on the wholesale market in Oklahoma on Monday morning, according to Tom Kloza, chief analyst for the Oil Price Information Service. Most other regions have wholesale prices below $1.

Gas probably won't go below $1 a gallon, Kloza said, but cheap gas has become fairly common.

"About one station in four nationwide is at $1.50 a gallon or less," he said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/natio ... ome-places" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not if Obama gets his way with a $10 barrel oil tax.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /79838620/" target="_blank
Salty

Post by Salty »

Merkin wrote:Not if Obama gets his way with a $10 barrel oil tax.

It's about damn time the gas tax was increased or an oil tax is levied.

It's the right thing to do. And now is a great time.

Fuckin' Repubs in Congress, short sighted as usual, will kill this instead of allowing this country to successfully improve our infrastructure and transportation quality.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

With current prices a $10 a barrel tax won't be that bad.

Salty

Post by Salty »

ASUHATER! wrote:With current prices a $10 a barrel tax won't be that bad.
It would have a tremendous impact on the quality of everyone's transportation and infrastructure.

It's good for everyone.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Crude sinks below $27 despite decline in US stockpiles

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/ ... msnmoney11" target="_blank
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:
I'm often loaded, but don't brag about it either.

Is that Azlax04, after the boom when bust?

Or is this?

http://frabz.com/ra7" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Salty wrote:
Merkin wrote:Not if Obama gets his way with a $10 barrel oil tax.

It's about damn time the gas tax was increased or an oil tax is levied.

It's the right thing to do. And now is a great time.

Fuckin' Repubs in Congress, short sighted as usual, will kill this instead of allowing this country to successfully improve our infrastructure and transportation quality.
Hell just froze over.
Right where I want to be.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Zero chance Obama gets his $10/barrel gas tax. Zero chance!

Recently, though, there have been signs that the Saudis’ strategy might be working after all. On Monday, Chesapeake Energy, once the highest flier of the U.S. oil boom, had to deny publicly that it was preparing to file for bankruptcy; some 60 oil companies have already done so, and the research firm IHS estimates that as many as 150 companies could follow suit. On Wednesday, The Wall Street Journal reported that private-equity giant KKR & Co. was backing away from risky bets on oil companies. Industry leaders are starting to sound desperate: The New York Times quoted the head of a Texas oil group as telling his members that “today our goal is to survive.”
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/sau ... -industry/" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not sure how effective this will be with Iran coming online.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/busin ... share&_r=0" target="_blank

MOSCOW — In a sign of tentative cooperation among major oil producers, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela announced a plan on Tuesday to freeze output at current levels, a move intended to help bolster energy prices.

The plan, albeit hardly concrete, reflects the troubled state of the oil industry.

With prices having recently slipped to new lows, major oil producers, particularly in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, are trying to calm the markets with talk of a deal. But the proposal gives countries a potential out, a big reason oil prices gave up their initial gains on Tuesday.

While speculation focused for months on production cuts, the talk now centers on holding production steady. Even that would be helpful in a market where countries have been steadily ramping up production to record levels.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

$1.21 at the AM/PM on Campbell & Irvington today. Filled up for just over 15 bucks.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote:Not sure how effective this will be with Iran coming online.

MOSCOW — In a sign of tentative cooperation among major oil producers, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela announced a plan on Tuesday to freeze output at current levels, a move intended to help bolster energy prices.
It's actually pretty funny. All those guys agreed that they will only pump at the massive amount they're currently pumping and basically tried to pressure Iran to agree to keep pumping at the level Iran's currently pumping, which is basically zero due to sanctions.

Iran laughed.

It's all basically a PR stunt to try and hurt/isolate Iran while getting a couple dollar pop they can sell into.

Sell any pop on an "agreement to cut production" and you'll make some cash.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

SCCats wrote:
Merkin wrote:Not sure how effective this will be with Iran coming online.

It's actually pretty funny. All those guys agreed that they will only pump at the massive amount they're currently pumping and basically tried to pressure Iran to agree to keep pumping at the level Iran's currently pumping, which is basically zero due to sanctions.

Iran laughed.

It's all basically a PR stunt to try and hurt/isolate Iran while getting a couple dollar pop they can sell into.

Sell any pop on an "agreement to cut production" and you'll make some cash.
And you got a great example of how hard it is to get things done between the countries that matter in the current environment with the Saudi Oil Minister's comments today.

Saudi oil minister Naimi: Oil production cuts won't happen
Saudi oil minister Ali Ibrahim Naimi said Tuesday producers will hopefully meet in March to negotiate an output freeze, but production cuts will not happen...

"It is not like cutting production. That is not going to happen because not many countries are going to deliver even if they say they will cut production — they will not deliver. So there is no sense in wasting our time seeking production cuts," he added.

There is now less trust than normal among the world's oil exporters, he said.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/23/al-naimi ... es-us.html" target="_blank

Stunner
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

A recent video by Bloomberg looks past the current crash in oil prices around the world that was brought on by an excess supply of some 2 million barrels per day thanks to new capacities coming online

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/jwHN6QQWv2g[/youtube]
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I just filled up my tank from empty and cost me under $20. The price at Costco for $1.29/gallon. I haven't seen prices like that since the mid 80s.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Catintheheat wrote:I just filled up my tank from empty and cost me under $20. The price at Costco for $1.29/gallon. I haven't seen prices like that since the mid 80s.
I remember it being like ~$.85-1.10 in the East valley growing up in the mid to late 90s even until like 2001-2002.

I distinctly remember filling up the car right after I got my learners permit immediately after 9/11 and filling up the 17 gallon tank for like 15 bucks.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Using Fry's points the other day I filled up for $9.60. .79 a gallon.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

U.S. shale's message for OPEC: above $40, we are coming back

If this is even remotely true and from stuff I've read there's a reasonable enough chance that it is generally true, then oil is just over. Saudi Arabia, Russia...some of these big states are just fucked.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - For leading U.S. shale oil producers, $40 is the new $70.

Less than a year ago major shale firms were saying they needed oil above $60 a barrel to produce more; now some say they will settle for far less in deciding whether to crank up output after the worst oil price crash in a generation.

Their latest comments highlight the industry's remarkable resilience, but also serve as a warning to rivals and traders: a retreat in U.S. oil production that would help ease global oversupply and let prices recover may prove shorter than some may have expected.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-shales- ... nance.html" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Used my Fry's fuel points the other morning.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Paid $1.13 at AM/PM at Valencia and Tucson Blvd. today.
-JB
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

azgreg wrote:Used my Fry's fuel points the other morning.

I filled up for $0.51 last weekend. 80 cent discount.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

There goes the Costco membership Little Sally Middle America got with her tax cut. Which sucks because that’s where she got cheap gas. And her prescriptions filled...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks a lot Obama!
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:There goes the Costco membership Little Sally Middle America got with her tax cut. Which sucks because that’s where she got cheap gas. And her prescriptions filled...
I've actually planned our summer road trip to Disney World around a Costco-to-Costco daisy chain.

The I-10 route is actually pretty well-populated...with the exception of that infamous 547-mile stretch from El Paso to San Antonio. No Costco west of there until you get to the one at Thornydale/Orange Grove roads, either.

We drive a Chevy Traverse with a 350-mile capacity at about 32 mpg. Filling up at Fort Stockton's gonna hurt.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Arco is tier one gas and about the same price as Costco, so I generally look for them also.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:Arco is tier one gas and about the same price as Costco, so I generally look for them also.
Same problem, only worse, as Arco is a Western chain. One El Paso location, then nothing at all east of Odessa, TX.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

catgrad97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:There goes the Costco membership Little Sally Middle America got with her tax cut. Which sucks because that’s where she got cheap gas. And her prescriptions filled...
I've actually planned our summer road trip to Disney World around a Costco-to-Costco daisy chain.

The I-10 route is actually pretty well-populated...with the exception of that infamous 547-mile stretch from El Paso to San Antonio. No Costco west of there until you get to the one at Thornydale/Orange Grove roads, either.

We drive a Chevy Traverse with a 350-mile capacity at about 32 mpg. Filling up at Fort Stockton's gonna hurt.
There's the Costco right by i-10 and Kino

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Merkin wrote:Arco is tier one gas and about the same price as Costco, so I generally look for them also.
The Arco price is usually a lie. They charge like $.45 to use a debit card and that usually negates the cheaper price.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:
The Arco price is usually a lie. They charge like $.45 to use a debit card and that usually negates the cheaper price.
Definitely more competition in Tucson than the Central Coast, but you save at least 10 cents a gallon over the major chains, so the 35 cent charge is made up in the first 4 gallons. My truck holds 25 gallons, and my wife's Trailblazer 17.

Not sure if these other smaller chains use Tier 1 gas or not. ConservFuel charges a different price for using a debit or credit card, 7 or 8 cents a gallon.

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:

There's the Costco right by i-10 and Kino
Funny. I went to that Costco a couple of times when I used to teach south of 22nd Ave. and Columbus. But it didn't initially show up on the locator, so I passed it right over. Probably use it next month.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Here the Arco is only like 5-7 cents cheaper. So in my car I have to get a full tank for it to be any cheaper. Either that or I pay for gas with cash, but what is this, 1957? Who carries cash anymore?

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER! wrote:Here the Arco is only like 5-7 cents cheaper. So in my car I have to get a full tank for it to be any cheaper. Either that or I pay for gas with cash, but what is this, 1957? Who carries cash anymore?

Can't even remember the last time I paid cash for gas. I live in an area with a large immigrant population, and many of those come with a distrust of banking institutions, and for the most part many of them pay cash.

Get in line to pay cash, pay cash, get in line again to get change. No thanks!

Don't think you can even pay cash at Costco can you? At least at the one where I live. No booth, just attendants directing vehicles to open spots.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

No, it's Costco Visa or your own Visa debit only.

Up until recently, the snack bars inside only took cash too. Costco had to finally allow Visa debit after the switchover from AMEX.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:x
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Prices have gone up 70 cents in Tucson in the last 5 weeks or so. $2.69 is ridiculous. Was at $1.99 for a while.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Didn't even realize this was going on in Libya.

cats101

Post by cats101 »

Merkin wrote::x
This is funny because I filled up my tank for the first time in California before the rise and when I went to the gas station today, I had to question my memory. I said "man, I do t remember gas being $4/gallon when I filled up last time". Others agreed when I talked to them. Crazy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

84Cat wrote:Oil is trading at 2009 levels this week at around $38/barrel. Prices will stay low through 2016. The oil countries are not happy.
Thanks Obama!