Scout premium

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Scout premium

Post by Longhorned »

Lots of posters here and there, so it would be helpful to have a way of checking in on that site's status. As you probably know, that site has awesome content (Scheer, Gershon, 97cats, etc.) but its technical problems are so serious that it goes through extended periods when it isn't usable on any device. It's so bad that I swear it harms my browser.

What do you got for current status? I haven't gotten it load for nearly 3 hours.
UAEebs86

Re: Scout premium

Post by UAEebs86 »

It's dead Jim.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bones. Is there anything you can do?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

It would be nice if Scheer or someone else over there would tweet something regarding what's going on.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Loads fine for me.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:Loads fine for me.

Did they change the link?
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:Loads fine for me.

Did they change the link?
I'm so confused.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Prayers?

Seems to load fine but slow in Chrome, not so well in IE.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Good idea, Merkin.

Doesn't work on Firefox, loads on Chrome, but then the sign-in feature is down, so it's still useless.

The chances that everything required is functioning are slim. The people in charge of the technical side of that website should check out how functioning websites work.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Never mind, the forums aren't loading on Chrome anymore, either.

EDIT: Now I'm in 12:16 Tucson time.
Last edited by Longhorned on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero

Post by Zero »

So frustrating on firefox. Been crapping out for a week.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Screwed. Thats what I think every time I have to look at that ridiculous spinning symbol that looks like the fat end of a phelps head screw.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Don't worry about it. Everybody there is now posting on the free GOAZCats boards now.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Thank God Hotep is not.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

You guys are referring to the main page? I just go straight to the message boards.
Zero

Post by Zero »

I do as well. That was not loading but now it is. Jason tweeted me it is off and on.
gumby

Post by gumby »

UAEebs86 wrote:It would be nice if Scheer or someone else over there would tweet something regarding what's going on.
Someone should tweet to him: "What are we doing here, Scout?"
Right where I want to be.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

gumby wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:It would be nice if Scheer or someone else over there would tweet something regarding what's going on.
Someone should tweet to him: "What are we doing here, Scout?"

ALL THE CRASHES!
-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Maybe it's rabid.

Scout, get my rifle.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's down and has been down, hasn't it?
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Longhorned wrote:It's down and has been down, hasn't it?
No problems for me today...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Auercat siting in Woman's Basketball!

He sure made some enemies over at TOS.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Merkin wrote: He sure made some enemies over at TOS.
Bearing Down on Trying to Fuck Other Posters' Wives Being Poor Form!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

In Auer's defense, she was/is quite attractive!

I wonder if Mrs. Auer ever caught wind of his shenanigans? Doesn't take long for someone as careless as Auer to get caught.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

just joined over there, some people get a little happy with the create thread button? Hard to keep up with everything when theres 20 josh jackson threads and 13 ferguson threads and five threads about Cal
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

rgdeuce wrote:just joined over there, some people get a little happy with the create thread button? Hard to keep up with everything when theres 20 josh jackson threads and 13 ferguson threads and five threads about Cal
I don't know why, but on all premium boards, the average IQ is around 12. The eight or so posters who bring that average up to 12 are worth it, though, and that's not even counting the staff.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

rgdeuce wrote:just joined over there, some people get a little happy with the create thread button? Hard to keep up with everything when theres 20 josh jackson threads and 13 ferguson threads and five threads about Cal
welcome welcome -- I will do a new podcast in your honor.....plus, I owe LH one.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:
I don't know why, but on all premium boards, the average IQ is around 12. The eight or so posters who bring that average up to 12 are worth it, though, and that's not even counting the staff.
Its like premium on TOS was long ago.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Merkin wrote:In Auer's defense, she was/is quite attractive!

I wonder if Mrs. Auer ever caught wind of his shenanigans? Doesn't take long for someone as careless as Auer to get caught.
Funny how I was able to talk several times on the phone with Mrs. w-o-w, as a then-single man, without ever having made a pass or even having been perceived as made a pass.

Must've been the way I was brought up. Maybe I just respect moms too much to think with my d*ck.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:
welcome welcome -- I will do a new podcast in your honor.....plus, I owe LH one.
It's I who owe you one, 97. A taped lecture on hyper-refinements in ancient stone temples is on its way.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

97cats wrote:
Thank you. How does one access your podcasts?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:

I literally think about cancelling every day, except you have to call a phone number to do so and I never get around to it. I dunno, I have a hard time getting value from day to day with all of the garbage on there.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I literally think about cancelling every day, except you have to call a phone number to do so and I never get around to it. I dunno, I have a hard time getting value from day to day with all of the garbage on there.
I let my subscription expire. I keep thinking about re-upping because there are a few posters (on the football side) who are worth reading when they contribute. I probably will when Fall camp rolls around. But yeah, there is absolutely zero thread management over there. You have to check multiple redundant threads to keep up on the topic. Scheer starts half of them. It's like click bait.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

BearDown89 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

I let my subscription expire. I keep thinking about re-upping because there are a few posters (on the football side) who are worth reading when they contribute. I probably will when Fall camp rolls around. But yeah, there is absolutely zero thread management over there. You have to check multiple redundant threads to keep up on the topic. Scheer starts half of them. It's like click bait.
Scheer has to keep starting new ones whenever there's relevant information to share. That's because the existing threads unravel with so much nonsense that most readers stop opening them. When something useful appears, you need to know it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Ugh, unreadable currently.

Oh and let them know, there is no "news" about Josh Jackson.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Ugh, unreadable currently.

On the message boards I've begun just clicking on certain posters names and seeing what they post. Don't need to see all the stupid responses. You'd think $10 a month would buy some people a clue...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Ugh, unreadable currently.

On the message boards I've begun just clicking on certain posters names and seeing what they post. Don't need to see all the stupid responses. You'd think $10 a month would buy some people a clue...
I don't get it. I really don't...I mean on a free board I do...whomever can post whatever, nobody cares cause it's free crap anyway. But actually getting money sucked out of an account to post some shit like "hey when is this happening" or another thread on some stupid speculation because of an article or tweet that was already posted...man, that's some real stupidity.

Futhermore, I do see some guys from before that have something to say. But it always ends up spiraling down into some stupid argument about something in the past.

Sincerely,
Odogg
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

If anyone has a complaint about the BDW mega-threads, just let me know and I'll send you a temporary password to access my Scout account. The challenge to you is to find any kind of worthwhile info in that shit-show they call a message board.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I shit you not, there are NINE(!!!) Josh Jackson threads on the front page of the premium basketball forum.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:I shit you not, there are NINE(!!!) Josh Jackson threads on the front page of the premium basketball forum.
And half are threads that either repeat another's information or mocks the fact that there are so many JJ threads by adding another.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Yeah I know it'll never happen, but I wish the mods would just give a 24 hour ban for non insiders that make JJ related threads
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:I shit you not, there are NINE(!!!) Josh Jackson threads on the front page of the premium basketball forum.
That issue plagued the "old" free political discussion board there; it's a shame that the mods have allowed such undisciplined posting to become the norm on the paid boards....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I am a mod, and I'd love to merge, but the new application doesn't allow that as an option, and I would think excessive deletions and temp bans would be bad for business.

I understand all the disdain for excessive threads.

But it's not my livelihood.

I mostly edit for offending content, namely PGU promotions or threats.

I always let Jason figure out what is and isn't best for the board beyond that.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Last night somebody decided to start a new thread for the McDonald's game, even though there was already a game thread. That way, it could draw more attention to his observation about the game.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:Last night somebody decided to start a new thread for the McDonald's game, even though there was already a game thread. That way, it could draw more attention to his observation about the game.
I was just about to start a new thread to express my disgust at that.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bunch of goddamn JessieWildcats over there.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The key to Scout premium is just accepting that when Scheer or Gershon or Brian Snow or explain something in plain English, posters completely misunderstand or ignore them, and then proceed to make shit up, which becomes the new accepted truth shared by the community. Then Scheer or whoever has to try to put out the resulting fires, which is futile.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

It really is getting tiresome over there, terrible quality of posters. The Staff do a great job and provide great info, but the boards are insufferable.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I did some spring cleaning and put all but a few posters on ignore. I kept everyone on this board plus DCCat, Winger, SHB, and a few others. I'll see if that helps.