Scout Free Boards

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Scout Free Boards

Post by Alieberman »

I don't post over there but I know some of you do. Is there any talk over there about this site?

If not already, someone needs to start a thread over there telling those folks about this site.
CalStateTempe

Re: Scout Free Boards

Post by CalStateTempe »

nope.

CITH mentioned something this AM, but no one has put out an invitation.

They are discussion reconfiguring their board and Scheer is offering a 2 for 1 sign-up deal.

I nominate someone with street cred to make the thread, so it doesn't seem like outright poaching.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

yeah there are probably a good 5-10 of our good posters that have gone there and should come help here, plus anyone there that wants to contribute here, but we don't want to seem like we're poaching or directly competing with scout (heck lots of us probably want to get scout premium)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe wrote:nope.

CITH mentioned something this AM, but no one has put out an invitation.

They are discussion reconfiguring their board and Scheer is offering a 2 for 1 sign-up deal.

I nominate someone with street cred to make the thread, so it doesn't seem like outright poaching.
Yeah I didn't mean to do it in a poaching way, just info for them. I actually have this vision of this site working well with other sites like Scout, etc and invite them here to be part of our community where they can pimp the pay stuff at their sites, here. I don't see us as competitors.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

We definitely could PM a few select posters on scout, but I don't think we should promote. It's in bad taste. GOAZCATS is different since we were trying to transplant the community, but I'd rather use FB and GOAZCATS to generate folks.

Just my two cents.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Agreed JMJ.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

So, apologies in advance, but I had to delete a direct link to this site.

Atop the free board Jason, admin of Wildcat Authority, welcomed the refugees, and a few threads down there's a link to here, a competing site for members, hits which affect advertising revenue, saying come join.

No forum allows that.

As mod of both forums, I can't say I can allow it there, nor should we press for members that way.

Sorry.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If those free boards there were anything like what we just came from, wouldn't we have already been there before?

I don't see one single reason to join a free board there. It's a ghost town. I am not privy to the paid site, as I've never understood why I'd want a pay site...but I can say that the free boards there blow hard.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I just went over there to lurk and saw a lot of familiar names.

It felt weird and was strangely upsetting to me
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

The pay boards have good info/ content from Josh/ Jason/ Evan/ Jon/ etc. Almost as good as Rivals w/ Josh at the helm. I love the potential of these boards though as a free board home to the displaced goaz community.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

I am a premium member there and never even look at their lower boards other than to see they don't even have separate boards for media/discussion/politics.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Daryl I just watched the finale of Silicon Valley last night... That quote was hilarious!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I wonder if we need some kind of short mission statement, because I don't think this site is competing against anybody. This is a non-profit, co-op site by the community, for the community. We support our professional friends like Scheer and Gershon, and we subscribe to their premium sites, free boards, etc. Because our individual friends, university, and each other are our priority, this site here will be a constant, and in all of our interests. Should a site get sold, or some hostile new admin take over, or a better opportunity come along, this is the site that transcends those changes, and is a basis for promoting the best interests of Gershon, Scheer, or whoever else has been a part of this. Hell, I'd want them to have free advertising here.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Longhorned wrote:I wonder if we need some kind of short mission statement, because I don't think this site is competing against anybody. This is a non-profit, co-op site by the community, for the community. We support our professional friends like Scheer and Gershon, and we subscribe to their premium sites, free boards, etc. Because our individual friends, university, and each other are our priority, this site here will be a constant, and in all of our interests. Should a site get sold, or some hostile new admin take over, or a better opportunity come along, this is the site that transcends those changes, and is a basis for promoting the best interests of Gershon, Scheer, or whoever else has been a part of this. Hell, I'd want them to have free advertising here.
That's kind of the way I think. Not just Jason or Josh, but Brad Allis too, or Javier Morales, AZ Daily Star, Daily Wildcat, or anyone else who has the forsight to take advantage of opportunites (and doesn't plagiarize). I'm not sure how something like that would take shape, maybe start a thread with links to those who are reputable and ask (politely). Then they can link articles or specials for their sites. The world of social media is changing rapidly. Our community is totally based on virtual social interaction. For someone who has vision we could be used as means to help with success. It's not for someone who relies on a business model that may have worked over 10 years ago, but not today.

We have a potential to be a trend setter again. We already have a lot of members and the possibilities are only limited by the limit of ideas and imagination.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

I can always post on Phog.net about this site. :)
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

We should be "The Crimson Permanent Assurance."
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Catintheheat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I wonder if we need some kind of short mission statement, because I don't think this site is competing against anybody. This is a non-profit, co-op site by the community, for the community. We support our professional friends like Scheer and Gershon, and we subscribe to their premium sites, free boards, etc. Because our individual friends, university, and each other are our priority, this site here will be a constant, and in all of our interests. Should a site get sold, or some hostile new admin take over, or a better opportunity come along, this is the site that transcends those changes, and is a basis for promoting the best interests of Gershon, Scheer, or whoever else has been a part of this. Hell, I'd want them to have free advertising here.
That's kind of the way I think. Not just Jason or Josh, but Brad Allis too, or Javier Morales, AZ Daily Star, Daily Wildcat, or anyone else who has the forsight to take advantage of opportunites (and doesn't plagiarize). I'm not sure how something like that would take shape, maybe start a thread with links to those who are reputable and ask (politely). Then they can link articles or specials for their sites. The world of social media is changing rapidly. Our community is totally based on virtual social interaction. For someone who has vision we could be used as means to help with success. It's not for someone who relies on a business model that may have worked over 10 years ago, but not today.

We have a potential to be a trend setter again. We already have a lot of members and the possibilities are only limited by the limit of ideas and imagination.
I completely agree.

Our board here is obvious loyal to the U of A, and to all people and entities that are loyal to the U of A. We're not competing against other people or entities that are loyal to the U of A.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I have been checking around the scout boards and I was kind of shocked how little is posted there. It's kind of a ghost town.

Is that normal?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It's all about premium.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

It's also the off season.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Before the fantastically bitchin' and awesome CO-OP came along, I was lurking over there thinking that the free boards were not where I wanted to call home. It seemed like garbage to me.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:It's all about premium.
There's no discussion in the premium thread either though
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:It's also the off season.
In season isn't that much more active. Maybe that will change with the GoAZCats Great Leap Nowhere but as LH said, it's all about Premium there and there's not much discussion there either.

The most active board for a decade+ was GoAZCats Free. Now that remains to be seen.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:It's all about premium.
There's no discussion in the premium thread either though
That's what the free boards at Goazcats were for. And now here, triumphantly.

The premium boards at Scout are to have that direct line to the coaching staff via Scheer, the scouting services of Gershon, and the insider knowledge of 97Cats (not employed by Scout). There's substantial discussion about basketball and football during the season, and this is a dead period for recruiting.

But flat-out discussion about things other than sports? Would be a distraction for the subscribers and the staff.

And we're not talking much basketball here in the dead period, either.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Which is impressive for this new republic, er site.

We are going through a dead period. We will lose some interest. Nevertheless this is the perfect time to capitalize on this opportunity to get a better site in gear for the start of FB season and roll out for Cats fans new and old alike.

I think its been impressive the amount of discussion going on with all our favorite topics that past few days. Equally impressive is the thought being put into making this happen.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Just went over to the Scout free boards, and they seem improved with the recent contributions from GOAZCATS deserters.

One of the reasons I rarely go over there is so many threads, especially in the football forum, turn into ASU vs. UofA pissing matches.

Does TillmanTunnel still post over there?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:Just went over to the Scout free boards, and they seem improved with the recent contributions from GOAZCATS deserters.

One of the reasons I rarely go over there is so many threads, especially in the football forum, turn into ASU vs. UofA pissing matches.

Does TillmanTunnel still post over there?
They finally banned a number of ASSu trolls over there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Well done man! Hurrah!

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Josh needs to give credit to Ace because of all the information he stole from PGU. ;)