Controversial words in literature

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Katzenfreund

Controversial words in literature

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
JMarkJohns

Re: Controversial words in literature

Post by JMarkJohns »

I'm pretty sure I love that this has been brought here. Thank you.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

That was some next level trolling. I don't see him here. No way to get away with this shit at a site that's actually admin'd.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

A classic rep message left me by Percy on the old site:
Olson Court wrote:I am messaging everyone who is suggesting in the slightest that I hacked the site, this is an official cease and desist request. Accusing someone of a crime, and hacking is a crime, without evidence AND when in FACT that person is innocent, is LIBEL.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote: Hopefully the four loonies never find their way over here.
Before the GoAZCats Great Leap Nowhere I thought 4Life was a Percy incarnation. Nothing has convinced me otherwise since we've moved over here.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I've had the same thoughts, deductively confirmed to me today in the following:

I make post in "Admin" thread.
4Life responds, flipping script that our coup is now a living threat.
I mistakenly think he suggested we threatened to leave, respond.
4Life rips me for misreading.
I admit mistake, concede his point, making my own.
4Life rips me for stating the obvious of my mistake, ignoring my point.
I respond critically of 4Life's pettiness.
4Life never responds over next several hours.
I respond to Bert in "Yessss!" Thread.
Bert responds despite no activity earlier when 4Life was in "Admin" thread.
CatGrad97 responds to Bert
Bert makes outlandish claim of initial posts here discussing banning people (which I made early Wednesday)
I respond to Bert correcting him.
Bert mocks me for correcting everybody all day.

I might be mistaken, but this forum wasn't initially viewable to guests, and my discussion of checks and balances of power was so early Wednesday, I think it was before "going" public and could only be seen by the few dozen members at that point, which included 4Life.

Factor in following me with mocking posts in a chiding nature today at TOS and the bordering on unhinged obsession with Hitler, Nazi, Anti-Semite conspiracy and I'm pretty convinced 4Life was Percy's first handle at TOS, conveniently resurrected from hibernation to become a posting fiend at a time when Bert was known to be Percy and this transition required better anonymity.

You can't hide crazy.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I actually believe Bert's protesting of us, this site, and embrace if a known dying site is misdirection to hide in his at least one unknown user title here.

Watch as 4Life slowly stops posting and a NEW member emerges.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Holy sh*t...

Nailed it. Excellent hypothesis.

Threads were not available for guests to look at until about 3-4pm EST Wed. I know, I was following the discussion in lieu of writing a manuscript.

4Life came back on TOS sometime in the last month. Is there any threads that we know of where they both posted at the same time?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:4Life came back on TOS sometime in the last month. Is there any threads that we know of where they both posted at the same time?
Bert & 4Life started posting right around the same time (a month or so after the shit went down described earlier in this thread). I knew Bert was Percy right away (the sudden name change and posting styles were dead giveaways). I would get Bert and 4Life mixed up because their avatars were so similar, but then I noticed similarities in their posting styles. Now the Zionist stuff has me nearly convinced.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Someone needs to bring Percy's urine therapy thread over.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

4Life averaged like 8 posts a year from 2004 until late 2013, when, surprise surprise, he started posting at a 25/30 per month clip simultaneous to Bert emerging after OC was shunned.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

JMarkJohns wrote:I actually believe Bert's protesting of us, this site, and embrace if a known dying site is misdirection to hide in his at least one unknown user title here.

Watch as 4Life slowly stops posting and a NEW member emerges.
agree completely. it's a smoke screen to cover his exit to his transition to multiple personalities here.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Katzenfreund wrote:Percy PM'd me about two years ago, asking for a way to get into Photoshop. I remember recommending PS Essentials, Adobe's consumer version of the software, and a few free tutorials to him. About a month ago 4Life suddenly shows up in TOS' Photoshop thread and later starts posting his own stuff. I even gave him positive rep once for playing with my Aaron Gordon template. Damn...

It sure is complicated to keep up with all the socks of Percy's little personality disorder community. What about confining him and his ilk to their own thread, as I've proposed above? Possible names: "Sock Flock", "The Other Guys" or simply "Funny Farm".
Yeah, Percy asked me about photography several times as well.

I like:

"The Box" as a temp cool off forum
"Looney Bin" as a holding cell for crazies
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've been trying not to notice the post-Olson Court Percy identities since I finally accepted that there's no getting rid of the problem. But now that we're operating a new machine from the inside, is there a way we can better monitor the source and try to control it that way? It would be funny if it weren't so disturbing. I've asked for cards on the table, but I'm also hesitant to come to terms with what's behind these strange motivations.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

There is a Miller Time here... an old Percy name... same guy?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Pretty impossible, aside from IP address.

Admin might be able to trace IP duplicates.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

JMarkJohns wrote:Pretty impossible, aside from IP address.

Admin might be able to trace IP duplicates.
If you use a proxy banning an IP address won't matter, And I believe Percy already does this.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Katzenfreund wrote: "Funny Farm".
Decent hostel...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hold the phone, I have an idea that's so ingenious, you'll fall upwards.

This is our board, right? So why don't we make a rule that bans any poster for being Percy-like. That gets rid of the complexity of confirming whether it is or isn't him. So even if it weren't him (though of course it is him), we really wouldn't want anybody like him in any case.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

shot doctor and ... ugh, Azlax was good at this game.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

If that's a motion that's seconded and thirded, we'll put it to a majority vote.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

JMarkJohns wrote:If that's a motion that's seconded and thirded, we'll put it to a majority vote.
Maybe once the observation is made, the matter could go to a special judge, some kind of trusted old mod whom we vote into place. The judge then looks at the posting pattern and issues a judgment of guilty or not guilty of being Percy-like. Doesn't need to be justified. You just know it when you see it. The potential for abuse is actually very limited, because you can't just level the judgment on recognized poster. Everybody knows that EOCT isn't Percy, for example.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Every Percy incarnation has at some point or another shit all over himself and been drummed out of the community. I expect that pattern to continue.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Just my two cents. There is/was so much baiting on TOS and now this one. Someone posts something outrageous and voila, we have a 10 page thread. I never understood the chronic and constant attempts to argue with these trolls and now the hind-sight attempt to ban. Just quit feeding the troll.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

My 2 cents- The "Find Percy" game is a lot of fun and helps to bring this community together
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Daryl Zero wrote:Just my two cents. There is/was so much baiting on TOS and now this one. Someone posts something outrageous and voila, we have a 10 page thread. I never understood the chronic and constant attempts to argue with these trolls and now the hind-sight attempt to ban. Just quit feeding the troll.
you know the internet doesn't work like that by now right? be serious
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Daryl Zero wrote:Just my two cents. There is/was so much baiting on TOS and now this one. Someone posts something outrageous and voila, we have a 10 page thread. I never understood the chronic and constant attempts to argue with these trolls and now the hind-sight attempt to ban. Just quit feeding the troll.
you know the internet doesn't work like that by now right? be serious
I don't know. How does the internet work now? Somebody lies to or insults others, and everybody lights their hair on fire?
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

You guys make a strong case for 4life equaling Percy, but I don't remember any of his former personalities/handles being so moronically right-wing-ish. I could easily be wrong? He would always talk out of his ass of course and say the most random things but this 4life character is bottom of the barrel, can't even spell or punctuate correctly or even make sense half the time. I wouldn't put anything past him though that's for sure. This could easily just be a new personality and like I said you guys have some intriguing evidence.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:My 2 cents- The "Find Percy" game is a lot of fun and helps to bring this community together
Katzenfreund wrote: Having said that, I think AL has a point: The "Where's Percy" game is kinda fun and brings out the Sherlock Holmes in some of us. A possible alternative to putting the loons straight up into message board confinement could be a clearly visible warning tag underneath their avatar. For example "PERCY #1...#4...#39" underneath all of his identified socks, so people know who they're actually dealing with. This is not meant to bully certain members but to discourage extreme trolling.
In my seeing the Percy thing as disturbing rather than fun, I'm clearly affected by his recent drivel in the senseless gun rants, which everyone here, including our NRA supporters, equally found just weird. And it touches a raw nerve in me personally. But stepping away from that, I agree that Percy socks make for fun sport. I'd only suggest that we start back at PERCY #1 for our new site, because we may have lost count with the previous Percy socks.