Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Venting Thread

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've looked at them. My house is supposedly about 40 feet inside this "urban Creek" which is complete BS. People in my same complex 50 feet away aren't required to have any insurance at all. My house is though even though we're at the same elevation and basically the same place. I've lived here over 12 years and I've never seen anything remotely close to a flood threatening my house even during tropical storm downpours. My house foundation itself is also elevated about 4 or 5 feet above street level too.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Can somebody tell my wife that quality liquor doesn't come in a fucking plastic bottle!!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Can somebody tell my wife that quality liquor doesn't come in a fucking plastic bottle!!
My giant plastic bottle of Evan Williams bourbon begs to differ ...... and wants to whip your ass in the alley out back.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've had some decent alcohol from plastic. Don't judge a book by its cover!
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Don't harsh my vent fellas.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

+

+

=

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

"You can't beat the taste of alcohol and plastic."--Arthur C. Clarke

TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks, USA Soccer.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

TucsonClip wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thanks, USA Soccer.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

When wives get too much time on their hands...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

what's the new project?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The preschool has an online directory and apperently we are the 1 or 2 families whose parents are listed as "guardians". Everyone else is listed as mother/father, father/father, etc etc

So she's all in a tizzy about this.

Like I get how it looks, but 1) it's likely a clerical error, 2) we are new to the school and so hardly anyone knows who we are and 3) like anyone really cares...hell I didn't even know we had a online directory and if I happened to notice it on another family, (if it even registered) i wouldn't give it two thoughts and just would move on with my life.

Fortunately as of this post better heads have prevailed and she's come to the realization that it's likely and error so all it's good.

I love her but man, sometimes the uppity Marin county upbringing can rear its ugly head.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Being sick fucking sucks.

Bronchitis, Pre-Pneumonia...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I hate how gd loud the toilet paper dispenser is in my workplace. And it's bathroom location to the work area:

Like everyone knows when anyone drops a deuce.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:I hate how gd loud the toilet paper dispenser is in my workplace. And it's location to the work area:

Oh yeah. there's a couple locations at work for me that everyone knows that you are in there. it is completely impossible to avoid it.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:I hate how gd loud the toilet paper dispenser is in my workplace. And it's location to the work area:

Oh yeah. there's a couple locations at work for me that everyone knows that you are in there. it is completely impossible to avoid it.
Ours are right behind reception off in an isolated alcove. I always feel like the cute little receptionist is aware of how long I've been in there . . .

Entered the bathroom with a co-worker (ASU grad) the other day and he kept chatting with me about football as he headed to a urinal and I entered a stall. He finally shut up when I ripped the first big one . . .
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol beardown, that tends to be my sop when talking with asu alum.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

Ours are right behind reception off in an isolated alcove. I always feel like the cute little receptionist is aware of how long I've been in there . . .

Entered the bathroom with a co-worker (ASU grad) the other day and he kept chatting with me about football as he headed to a urinal and I entered a stall. He finally shut up when I ripped the first big one . . .
I’m in a big downtown office that takes up the whole floor of a building that occupies a full city block. Our bathroom has 12 stalls, and the other day I’m in there... blissfully... alone.

Someone then came in and took the stall right next to me and proceeded to DESTROY the entire bathroom with the wettest, sloppiest diarrhea explosion I’ve ever heard. It was like I was dropped into a literal world of shit.

WHO TAKES THE STALL NEXT TO SOMEONE IN AN EMPTY ENORMOUS OFFICE BATHROOM???
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:WHO TAKES THE STALL NEXT TO SOMEONE IN AN EMPTY ENORMOUS OFFICE BATHROOM???
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Ever used bathroom at a train station at 4 AM and two dudes line up on either side of your urinal?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

This is why I hate people.

This is also why I avoid reading the news whenever possible.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/2-year-old-den ... /487008155" target="_blank

What the mother fucking fuck is wrong with people? I don't give 1 fucking care if this kid's father violated his parole again, he has a damn kidney that his son needs, and he's willing and able and wanting to give it to his son. How the mother fucking fuck can people be so fucking heartless that they want to punish (perhaps even kill) this little boy just because his father can't get his life straight?

Fuck you emory hospital. I hope any fucking person involved in deciding this kid couldn't get his dad's kidney 3 weeks ago rots in whatever version of hell their religion says exists.

I fucking hate people.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:WHO TAKES THE STALL NEXT TO SOMEONE IN AN EMPTY ENORMOUS OFFICE BATHROOM???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

After more than 4.5 years of abuse from the friendly Canadian alcoholic GF I finally left her ass last Sunday! She made a big scene during the Wazzou game, carried it over to Sunday with her breakfast beers and told me to leave. I packed a bag and did so. I also made the decision never to go back. I've been living in a hotel all week. I move into my new place tomorrow with nothing more than the bag I left with. And I couldn't be happier.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Beardown, sorry to hear the recent change and kudos for what seems like a good decision.

Be sure to go get your cats stuff....your man cave sounded pretty awesome!
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Beardown, sorry to hear the recent change and kudos for what seems like a good decision.

Be sure to go get your cats stuff....your man cave sounded pretty awesome!
Thanks buddy. I have a few hats, a t shirt and a jacket for the game tomorrow, which I'll be watching at a bar. Thank God for an ESPN game! I have a lot of good stuff in that house, but it's just stuff. I'm getting my life back. My daughter's reaction when I told her today: "FUCK YEAH! I'm so proud of you Dad!" I'm gonna go with that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Awesome!

Sounds like you have a special relationship with your daughter. Thanks for giving this dad with a few young ones something to shoot for.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:After more than 4.5 years of abuse from the friendly Canadian alcoholic GF I finally left her ass last Sunday! She made a big scene during the Wazzou game, carried it over to Sunday with her breakfast beers and told me to leave. I packed a bag and did so. I also made the decision never to go back. I've been living in a hotel all week. I move into my new place tomorrow with nothing more than the bag I left with. And I couldn't be happier.
Damn dude. Happy that you’re out, but sad you were in.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Glad you're out of it man. Sometimes it takes a long time to pull the trigger and get out
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:After more than 4.5 years of abuse from the friendly Canadian alcoholic GF I finally left her ass last Sunday! She made a big scene during the Wazzou game, carried it over to Sunday with her breakfast beers and told me to leave. I packed a bag and did so. I also made the decision never to go back. I've been living in a hotel all week. I move into my new place tomorrow with nothing more than the bag I left with. And I couldn't be happier.
Damn dude. Happy that you’re out, but sad you were in.
Thanks Chi. It happens. Repeated patterns of behavior over and over and over again. Blaming everyone else for the hardships of life and zero willingness to look inward and be accountable for yourself. Too many demons and now I'm one of them. Bear Down.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

scumdevils86 wrote:Glad you're out of it man. Sometimes it takes a long time to pull the trigger and get out
It really does. I tried for a long time, but I finally had to blow it up. Hopefully this is rock bottom for her and she'll get some help. Appreciate it 86.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Re-upping on mayo. This is what I don't get. When 1 in 5 people don't like it, why is it automatically smeared on bread, as if it wouldn't be a sandwich without it? And on a BBQ sandwich, like that's normal and to be expected?

https://www.popsci.com/mayonnaise-disgust" target="_blank

Down with "surprise mayo." Up with total menu transparency!
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:Re-upping on mayo. This is what I don't get. When 1 in 5 people don't like it, why is it automatically smeared on bread, as if it wouldn't be a sandwich without it?

Disgust also tends to align strongly with our revulsion about bodily fluids.

Forgot which poster said it, but that was his revulsion to it.

For me, since I am not a catsup/ketchup user, I use mayo to provide moisture to the sandwich without overpowering it's flavor. Otherwise sandos get much to dry for me. I like mustard, but putting to much on to lubricate the sandwich makes the whole sandwich taste like mustard on bread. Note I generally only use whole grain breads which tend to be a little more dry than Wonder Bread.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I had no idea that the dislike for mayo was that far reaching. When I was a kid we used sandwich spread which I thought was just mayo with relish. Turns out it's much more than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Sandwich_Spread" target="_blank
Heinz Sandwich Spread is a blend of salad cream and relish popular in the Netherlands and Britain. It is classified by the manufacturer as a sauce or relish. The relish ingredients comprise carrots, celery, gherkins, red peppers and mustard in a finely diced spreadable form. In this respect it is similar to spreadable piccalilli, but milder in flavor. The salad cream base results in a more tart flavor than similar mayonnaise-based sandwich spreads found in the United States.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Just found out my amazing boss of the last 5 years is being taken away and put somewhere else due to a massive top to bottom corporate reorganization. My whole team is massively grateful to her for her work with us and it's terribly depressing to think of having anyone else as a manager.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Thoughts and Mayo.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

What about Durkee Famous Sauce? Not exactly mayo, but pretty dang good.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

gumby wrote:Re-upping on mayo. This is what I don't get. When 1 in 5 people don't like it, why is it automatically smeared on bread, as if it wouldn't be a sandwich without it? And on a BBQ sandwich, like that's normal and to be expected?

Down with "surprise mayo." Up with total menu transparency!
Someone serving mayo on a BBQ sandwich...I’ve seen people cut for less. That’s an outrage.

Most people do BBQ wrong anyway - too much sauce, not enough smoke, but mayo?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Mayo is essential to so many things.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

wyo-cat wrote: Most people do BBQ wrong anyway - too much sauce, not enough smoke, but mayo?
One of my pet peeves is people who put bbq sauce on tri-tip, but even more so A1 on any cut of meat.

Do you really need to add any sauce to a steak or any cut of meat?

Only exceptions, would be something really gamey like venison.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Only thing I use A1 on is for really cheap cuts of beef. Sometimes Albertsons/Safeway will sell little thin cut steaks for buy one get 3 free etc and those are hard to cook to medium rare since they are so thin. So a tiny bit of A1 makes it better. Never on a real steak though.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

To answer Gumby's question, it most certainly is not a sandwich without mayo.

I mix A1 with really good horseradish for a nice little steak dipping slurry. Not every bite.
Sid

Post by Sid »

scumdevils86 wrote:Only thing I use A1 on is for really cheap cuts of beef. Sometimes Albertsons/Safeway will sell little thin cut steaks for buy one get 3 free etc and those are hard to cook to medium rare since they are so thin. So a tiny bit of A1 makes it better. Never on a real steak though.
The wife buys those on occasion. Drizzle a good olive oil on steaks & season those little guys to your liking let rest on counter for 1 hour to get to room temperature. Cast iron is best, but regular frying pan works just fine. Heat that sombitch on high and then add steaks when the pan is smoking hot. I prefer rare so I’m cooking those for just about 2 minutes a side. Remove steaks from pan, turn down heat to medium and let the steaks rest for at least 10 minutes. Deglaze pan with a generous amount of butter incorporating all the seasonings stuck to pan to create the butter sauce. Plate each steak and drizzle your homemade butter sauce directly over steaks. Take A-1 out and dispose in trash can.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks sid! I'm gonna try this next time.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Sid wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:Only thing I use A1 on is for really cheap cuts of beef. Sometimes Albertsons/Safeway will sell little thin cut steaks for buy one get 3 free etc and those are hard to cook to medium rare since they are so thin. So a tiny bit of A1 makes it better. Never on a real steak though.
The wife buys those on occasion. Drizzle a good olive oil on steaks & season those little guys to your liking let rest on counter for 1 hour to get to room temperature. Cast iron is best, but regular frying pan works just fine. Heat that sombitch on high and then add steaks when the pan is smoking hot. I prefer rare so I’m cooking those for just about 2 minutes a side. Remove steaks from pan, turn down heat to medium and let the steaks rest for at least 10 minutes. Deglaze pan with a generous amount of butter incorporating all the seasonings stuck to pan to create the butter sauce. Plate each steak and drizzle your homemade butter sauce directly over steaks. Take A-1 out and dispose in trash can.
good point. thanks! sometimes if i'm not as lazy i'll do the pan seared route and make a wine/butter/herb sauce.
Sid

Post by Sid »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Sid wrote:
good point. thanks! sometimes if i'm not as lazy i'll do the pan seared route and make a wine/butter/herb sauce.
Love it! The fresh herbs takes it to an entirely different level. Garlic for those that like garlic is awesome too. I just tried to keep it quick & simple. The butter is the key and this is such a easy sauce to make! I bet it will even make a leather belt taste delicious.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

You guys need to get on board with the Kenji Lopez-Alt method and reverse sear your steaks.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/03/how- ... steak.html
Formerly McLurvin
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

TheBlackLodge wrote:You guys need to get on board with the Kenji Lopez-Alt method and reverse sear your steaks.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2017/03/how- ... steak.html
that's how i cook good steaks. not the half inch thick cheapo ones for buy one get 3 free haha.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

1, my parents and sister are visiting and taught my 3yo to say..."Arizona state is great!"

Fuck them.

2. I've come to the realization I can cook better then the slop I get at most run of the mill restaurants, chain and non chain, and it's getting to the point where i can't justify eating out at most places due to the price of entrees, appetizers or "small plates", and beverage costs, because the whole of it is largely slop on a plate.