TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bert says that he won't register in this forum, but then informs 4life that there is already a ban poll being discussed.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Bert says that he won't register in this forum, but then informs 4life that there is already a ban poll being discussed.
You can see the boards as a guest
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Alieberman wrote:Uh no... Hey NorCalCat... you just got added to the list.

F' Yeah!!
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Btw, just want to point out.

If all I have done is stopped them from bullying Percy, that is enough.
Too much funny. There aren't enough meds for Percy.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

catgrad97 wrote:
Full speed ahead for this site. Network affiliation, here we come!
Joking, or is being a premium site affiliate a goal for this board?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Okay, I just went over and saw NorCal's discussion with the Percies. The Percies are quite the laughing maniacs today. And ALieberman is right: both should be mods now.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

EVCat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
not at all right now. they don't care about the free boards over there, so we will become the premier free board for arizona sports talk in short order.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ASUHATER! wrote:
EVCat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
not at all right now. they don't care about the free boards over there, so we will become the premier free board for arizona sports talk in short order.
Let's not start sucking each other's...well, you know.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

hey i have confidence in us! now that goazcats is dead...the this site is probably already the 2nd most visited arizona free board. (i don't count pgu since it shouldn't be affiliated with the university at all)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Regarding TOS Admin's recent message to us: He still hasn't identified himself, so I'm going to stop asking.

The fact is that the starting point for us is Arizona Athletics. Arizona Athletics wants no association with a certain someone. We have every reason to believe that that certain someone is the man hiding behind the curtain. So why on earth would we associate with his operation?

This whole idea that the problem is supposedly the upgrade and the failure to communicate about the upgrade is itself a smokescreen for a much bigger problem. Support for TOS conflicts with support for Arizona Athletics.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

There's nothing wrong with the board getting on Bleacher Report or some indie network down the line IMHO. To me, that would signal we've truly arrived--not sold out as some others might presume. Would also be the quickest way towards university affiliation and press pass-level access.

If we think we're OK permanently as another AFO, great, but I'm just trying to push this site's success for the long term.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Just to have to last edit:

I call it Mr. BatShitNuckinFuts' Opus
4Life wrote:Finally, a thread to trump Millers recruiting just took a huge hit. Can't wait to bump this in a few years.

Bravo.

I suggest - as ghostwhitehorse implies - let's dance so we can remember the time when Cyberbullies tried to spew utter garbage all over the GOAZCAT community. Is it a coincidence he chose a song about communes and drug abuse and arabic musical notes in the background? The world may never know. But it's a point that he choose that music knowing full well I'm jewish and proud of it during a serious discussion. The difference between jokers and real posters is that real posters know when things are serious. It's no coincidence that Batman's greatest enemy is someone who never takes anything seriously. Hence, why so serious? is Joker's motto. These guys are jokers. And with jokers, and their victims like Elliot Rodgers doing real damage in society, do we want GOAZCAT to turn into the next PUAHATE or muscle building forums? Think about it. Think about the legal issues for the admin might have to deal with. Families suing in civil courts, etc. Why? Because the forum has turned into complete bigoted, anti-religious, anti-intellectual, non-sense, back-patting, cyber bullying machine lead by people who in their own mind where legends? Why should the admin support that? What value is there in that?

To have a recruit, say Ivan Rabb, not come here because he's see's the cyber bullies intimidating every other Cat fan with a brain? If anything, that's a major negative. Do we not hold ourselves as UofA fans and alumi alike, to a higher standard? Or do we have no standards, like the CO-OP. My humor may be snarky at times - but it's derived from real science and answers.

This group has been particularly nasty to religious people, calling them all forms of names, from dumb to insane. So if anyone were to be reading 80,000+ posts of bigotry and lack of intellectual thought - What is he to think? Why is no one speaking out? Why is the conversation so dumb? It may seem petty to JMJ, but how would we all feel if we lost some prized recruit over something such as a message board?

Is that so selfish to say? If it is, it does not hurt me to say it.

The internet has real consequences in the real world. It takes no more than 5 seconds on Google to see the amount of attacks alone due to bullying on Facebook. Real people are suffering in playgrounds across this country, as well as being murdered, raped, assaulted, and plenty of other cruel things that never go reported. They don't see that violence happening at all. That is why they are so glib in doing what they do. So glib in choosing a name "co-op" which derives from Communism despite the fact that hundreds, thousands of innocent people right now are dying in Communist countries. The insensitivity is horrifically similar to just about every deranged madman ever.

But no. No no amount of telling them them to stfu and sit down helps. That is a common theme running from this group of Jokers. This isn't 2008. They completely avoid the changing world around them. Look at dumb posts like "do you have an app for that?" To literally quote the Apple television ad. What time or universe are these guys living in? It's no surprise that they have a truly warped sense of reality. Do they truly believe they are the Gods of Valhalla riding forth upon GOAZCATS in some crusade to right injustice? How did they get to be on Cloud Coo-Coo land telling everyone else what is right and wrong like Princess Unikitty? Is that not the same thing that they claim to so vehemently hate?

There is no arguing with stupid. Look at how they can't even read 3 sentences. What do you say to try to talk to people who have the mental acrobatics of preschoolers - no offense to preschools everywhere. And then when caught, can't apologize. Nothing to see here! That is there attitude. Never apologize, never admit defeat, never back down. They are never wrong. In that, they share much in common with many idiots that have come before them. JMJ may literally be the internet equivalent of Colonel Custer combined with an adolescent child who just broke his G.I.Joe. Please. I haven't seen a meltdown so epic since the last Blizzard expansion pack.

But, this is more than idiocy. This is purposeful hatred. Oh, how I felt pride knowing I would never fall for Carl Rove and the tactics he pioneered in the 2000 election. I voted for Gore and straight democrat in that election based much on the hatred I saw from Rove - but to see it come from the other side? Rovian tactics are very much the same tactics this group uses. They aren't here to debate or talk real sports at all - that's just a corollary. They have all the answers - you have none. You question them- they question your mental health. Hillary would understand. In this manner, they get their jollies off making fun of everything hoping you will pay attention to these obviously starved individuals. Anything you say that doesn't fit into their world view, hurting their delicate sensibilities. ruins their day. Everything is funny to them but what hurts them, nothing else is off limits. Only good thoughts, not bad thoughts. No hate, no outside thought, no frowny faces, no science, no religion, no guns, no intellectual conversation, no changing the subject, no bigots, no psychopaths, no Nazis, no rules and most importantly, no consistency. The only thing consistent - is that they are inconsistent. The fact that these guys have been to totally, and utterly destroyed by the Lego Movie, like many other great art works of the past have done for humanity - shows you this is the last gasp. Perhaps they should instead be advertising for GM's newest SUV : Denial.

Their biggest, most dangerous kick is to say "You are stupid or crazy or living in the past" because you believe in God.

Anyone who calls people dumb or crazy or implying that religion is for people not currently living in modern society, is a bigot. As someone who works in technology and is also religious - this has become an increasing terrible stereotype that they try to portray. It's not true. Science is born out of religion. They are as inseparable as E= MC^2 and the law of probabilities. Does it not say much that the greatest scientist of our time was not also one of the greatest philosophers? Einstein. That lack of history and understanding came to a head at the COOP. They spew regurgitated history straight out of the Nazi play book. I don't use that word lightly considering half my Epstein familiy was burned to death by similar megalomaniacs.

But that is what this crew does. They wanted to point out to me in their 1980's language of movie quotes how "knowledgeable" they are about when to use the word and when not to - to a Jew who it might offend! They told me "You know who were Nazi's, Nazi's." This rationalization is not unintentional - of which I'm sure their twisted minds have been able to endure countless times. They live and breath those crazy thoughts as if they were real and no one else likes them for who they are. I often wonder how in 10 years I have less than 400 posts here? Because then I remember I have a life. If these guys played games like they post, they'd be lvl 70 in a day. So what else are these guys doing with their time? Now I know. These guys revel in stereotypes they must watch non-stop, everyday. and then bring their hate here, on this forum for the University of Arizona. This would explain the entire hissy fit over losing their "reputation." Imagine having a character deleted after years of time invested?

How does this all relate to us - here - at GOAZCATS?

Is it no wonder most of their "supermods" choose Avatars from the movie "Revenge of the Nerds?" Really? 1988 calls and says Hello. In 1997, when I first stepped on campus, Revenge of the Nerds was lame. That's 10 years and no one cared. 15 years later and these guys still think it's funny? Why?

1) Because it's bigotry
2) because we accept it as true

Is not Revenge of the Nerds not stereotyping people into "Nerds and Jocks?" That it's a stereotype against the University of Arizona itself is not an excuse. The fact that as you read their posts and you see multiple posts have Ogre as their Avatar, it ends up looking like an old flip book cartoon of Ogre drinking himself to death. That's telling. Is that what we want young recruits to see coming to this University? Let alone the sports teams. This is much like saying that the Washington Redskin acceptance of a racial stereotype is ok because people take pride in it. The difference is that the Redskins pay players to play for them - we don't pay people to attend the UofA outside scholarships. If they didn't have that money, who would still play for the "Redskins." So why should student athletes want to play for a group of people who stereotype themselves as a bunch of eccentric nerds and drunk jocks? Can't test that in a laboratory, but I certainly don't want the implications of that experiment to be on our future students and student-athletes.

Standing up to bigotry is not bigotry. So for that, I applaud this board's admin. Enough was enough. Call it what it is - Standing up to stupid isn't stupid.

So start the list,
Chicat
NYCat
AZgreg
ghostwhitehorse
Daryl Zero
Pokinmik
JMJ
Wyo-Cat
Bruins01
ALiebermann
NorcalCat

If you want to name names, I say name em and dance so people can remember. Internet bullies love the anonymity of the internet.

"it's just the interwebz, lolz," - Chicat

Well guys, you have nearly the whole thing - enjoy it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Some of us, including myself, are perfectly happy with how things have been resolved. The bullies are gone now. They have the whole interwebz to bully now. Maybe they go back to the trash heap from which this stuff belongs, the World of Warcraft forums. We should learn much from WOW - to say video games are devoid of thought or understanding is completely untrue. They teach us much about life and death - and justice. I would suggest, like a WOW GM, any member on this list should enjoy permadeath.

What happens next - is clearly in our own hands. These jokers? Any student of History will tell you. History repeats itself often in the most ironic ways. They will get tired of bullying everyone in Cloud Coo Coo land once known as "the Forum for GOAZCATS Exiles" ... er, the CO-OP.

Why that changed,

*magic*

Because that's all these Jokers know how to do. That's what Jokers did at one time. Tricks of misdirection and guile. That's who they are. *Magic*

And who believes in magic?

The reason we have Science and Universities of study in the first place, was to dispel magic. So don't let magic and jokers win. Stand up against the cyber bullies and bigots. Isn't it great to feel pride in yourself again on these forums? Isn't it not great to be able to take pride in who you are and how you feel? It's feels good... almost selfish. Which, contrary to "popular" belief isn't a sin in the Old Testament at all. Jokers try to convince you otherwise - making you feel shame in your own interests, curiosities, beliefs, knowledge, and most importantly - compassion for other human beings. After all, is not the best illusion one which makes you think someone is dead only to reappear? A subtle attempt to trick you into rendering everything you know to be false about even life and death? And that's what real 5 star Nazi's need you to do first, and foremost.

So show them you don't care about them or their hate - Dance and rejoice in who you are.

Now that's been said - I'm going to go dance with my children and tell them how much I love them. Because at the end of the day - that's winning to me. Thank God.

:dirk::robevans::herbnit::erickbud:

This is how my people do it -

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/_IuIGai8AMY?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/_IuIGai8AMY?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That is some Premium Crazy right there. Someone needs to put that guy behind a paywall.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

It's truly an astonishing accomplishment of rambling incoherent metaphor.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I won't visit GoAZCats to become active for some time. I really don't have a personal vendetta against them, although I know some of you do. And I don't take it personal who posts there. I thought 4Life's tirade today was entertaining. I think he was just having fun dissecting us as we were him. I actually thought it was funny and not to be taken seriously. I don't have a problem with Percy either. I think he does a good enough job embarrassing himself at times, but I've never seen any malice. I still wonder who he is though because his screen name was changed, something admin would ignore for most members.

This is also the first time I saw admin actually participate in a discussion. I guess that is a small start. Still I don't know who admin is. When Jim Storey first too over he required all staff to use their names. it's why I think it is Jim Storey because he can't expose himself publicly.

The reason I will stay here is that, let's face it, I'm a geek. I always like to be a part of the latest technology to hit the block. TOS is not going to move in that direction, and prefers to stay stagnant. Until they catch up with the times I see no reason to return. It really has nothing to do with who posts there, or even premium. They just don't meet my wants as a customer right now, and here looks very promising. I like innovation and look forward to being a part of the process even if it is in a limited capacity. I am glad 3dmk is here. He seems even keeled, holds no grudges, and genuinely wants what is best for UA fans. He isn't caught up in any forum wars.

It will be interesting to see who goes back to TOS and who stays here. Nor am I going to say I would never go back there again. I don't like using words that are absolutes. Nevertheless I have no desire to go back to TOS at this time. I'm happy here.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What does that tell you when everyone is crazy and delusional except for you and your socks?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I can't even begin to believe that Percy in whichever incarnation truly means any of what has been said at that site the last few days. But 4Life spent almost 6 hours on that opus. There's some legit crazy there. Earnest, obsessive crazy.

I have no issues with anyone. I've posted at enemy forums my entire life. It truly cracks me up.

I don't even care that Percy holds numerous handles.

But the whole "everyone is a nazi" schtick is technically the same bullying tactic he takes against, and he has by far been the most aggressive, hostile of anyone involved. If that happens here, we have to deal with it, be it a Crazy House forum or banning.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Image
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I vote Crazy House. That manifesto today is epic.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

catgrad97 wrote:There's nothing wrong with the board getting on Bleacher Report or some indie network down the line IMHO. To me, that would signal we've truly arrived--not sold out as some others might presume. Would also be the quickest way towards university affiliation and press pass-level access.

If we think we're OK permanently as another AFO, great, but I'm just trying to push this site's success for the long term.
Fair enough. I just view the major affiliates at rivals and scout with a jaundiced eye. One of the reasons I felt ok at goazcats was the free board seemed to have a life of its own away from the "premium" nonsense. Turns out I was wrong in a big way with that sentiment. I'll never be a regular member of this community...I have my own home...so it isn't my place to really speak on this. I am, however, excited about the potential for a basketball heavy independent board. SBNation articles are one thing. Scout/Rivals etc and premium subscriptions cause the whole thing to go full circle, albeit with better leadership.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Image
Mocking my picture with your fancy gif? You are definitely in my manifesto, buddy.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

WeakSauce is complaining that TOS is "terrible."

We finally agree on something.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Okay, I always see the best in people and tend to not see the bad. This is good or bad, but downright bizarre. When you can't even comprehend what someone is saying you know things are bad. Wow!
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

JMJ's characterization of 4Life's rant captures the "everyone is a Nazi shtick perfectly" And good grief, 4life's done a lot of homework to capture and name a group of "enemy" posters which happens to include posters who prize objectivity, intellectuality, fun and above all, honesty!

Brrrrrrr. Creepy. What do you bet this bully feels with Goazcats he's found his personal platform to use as a sales tool since the site is empty and vulnerable.

Please "4Life", add me to your enemy list of friends whom I greatly respect.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EOCT wrote:
Please "4Life", add me to your enemy list of friends whom I greatly respect.
Yeah, what did you and I do to get left of the list?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Wow, what a rant. Couldn't read it all..why so long winded is beyond me. (but then most things are beyond me these days) Hell, I need a beer
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:
LegallyKenny wrote:Percy doing the lords work here to definitively kill off this board apparently.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote::lol:
LegallyKenny wrote:Percy doing the lords work here to definitively kill off this board apparently.
Just came here to post this too. I won't ever post there again but it is sure fun to visit the Percy show there.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Hey Merk, is that really your pix. Kind of scary..ha
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

The only posts in the past couple days are basically from 4life, Voltron, HSP, Bert, and Bug. The old site is dead in the water.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat wrote:Hey Merk, is that really your pix. Kind of scary..ha
If I was a tweaker 25 years ago that picture would probably be spot on.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

pokinmik wrote:The only posts in the past couple days are basically from 4life, Voltron, HSP, Bert, and Bug. The old site is dead in the water.

So four people? :)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

I peeked over there this morning and it's a ghost town.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
pokinmik wrote:The only posts in the past couple days are basically from 4life, Voltron, HSP, Bert, and Bug. The old site is dead in the water.

So four people? :)
Since Percy is 4 people then 11? :confused:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Wow! They're doing great over there. Almost 3000 users on line. Seems to be just a bunch of lurkers though as non of them are posting. :D
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

UAGreg wrote:I peeked over there this morning and it's a ghost town.
Isn't this the truth. Besides Percy I don't see anyone posting.

Bug is still there for some reason too.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sorry to be dense, but is VoltronX a widely recognized Percy sock?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Nah, VoltonX is a good poster, great insights. I wouldn't characterize him as percy.

I pm'd him, and I think he signed up, but he didn't like something about the discussion around moderation. But I couldn't figure out what since the board was only 6hr old at that time.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I'm going to move this thread to General Discussion.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote::lol:
Every messiah needs a Pilate.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Figure some of you will enjoy this. I got this PM back in the day, when I joined over at GoAZCats:.

Percy...aka Olson Court at the time wrote:I have been here for about 6 ye4ars now and I started out exactly like you did on another name, sort of the cotrrarian poster point of view like you do and the snobs on this board to his day wont let go and still use every chance they can to hijack every thread I post in and make it all about me much like they are doing with you.

My point is that once you show that youre not gonna play by their good old boy old guard rules you can forget about any of them ever being friendly, they will carrytheir graudge against you for ten or 20 years easily, thats just how ****ing shallow and idiotic most of them are.

Anyway just wanted to say that I enjoy your posts and its cool to have another member of the dickhea club here, there are only a few of us but we certinaly are the center of their attention!!

Yea I enjoy it myself, but its very hard to get banned, they have to do a POLL and vote for omeone to be banned and I was def the most hated on this forum when chicat nominated me to be banned and even those who dot like me wouldnt vote for it, in the end even though they are dickheads they usually vote in favor of free speech, I have been nomiated in a ban poll four tiimes now, even started one MYSELF just to prove that they couldnt get the votes to ban me, its pretty hard to get banned here but I hope you stick around it sucks when everyone alays agrees with eachother and we always need someoen to bck the trends.

Yea maybe we can work together and start a ban poll for you, it lasts for 72 hours and i think you have to get at least 65% in favor of banning for the ban to take place, it doesnt happen often and now since Gershon left we really dont have any admins running this place, the mods like rey and chi do not have ban power only admins do. Generally most of the posters do not vote in favor of ban polls, I will give them credit for that it really is extremely difficult to get banned here, but its always fun to start a ban poll and leave it public so that you can see who voted against you LOL.

Chi is the BIGGEST ass on this forum, he always acts like somene pissed in his cheerioes, then have have officer craig, buddie lee and peurco etc whoa rre also major *******s, rey to his credit is a pretty fair guy IMO but Taylor is by far one of the worst posters here, he is just completely a ****in jerk and adds nothing to any discussion in particular.

As for socks, yea the think I am Jesse's sock in fact, meaning that its a made up name that I post on besides this one to play games, they assue you are a regular poster who just made up the olsondogg name to **** with them, hence a sock

They are jst dumb, I dont have any soicks, I post on this name and this name only but I have often consiered making a sock just to **** wih them back.

Jesse is a sock, for sure, thats an old time regular poster ****ing with everyone, pretty sure of it.

Take care bud and go cats for sure!

GO CATS

percy
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's always nice to hear that you're loved...

Which kind of cements the notion that 4Life is Percy. There's no reason for me to be #1 on 4Life's people to kill list unless the issue goes much further back than my interactions with him here. Because I never, not once, interacted with 4Life on TOS.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:It's always nice to hear that you're loved...

Which kind of cements the notion that 4Life is Percy. There's no reason for me to be #1 on 4Life's people to kill list unless the issue goes much further back than my interactions with him here. Because I never, not once, interacted with 4Life on TOS.
You should feel honored. I am not on the list, yet. Neither is 97Cats who Percy seemed to have a beef with too, from 12/10/11:
OlsonCourt wrote:doesnt it piss you off, 97 this 97 that, he thinks he is the big man on camus and i have heard hi say more than onc if anyone doesnt do or say what he asks he will jump the oher forum andnot come here anymore then everyone starts cruying without their leader.
He is wrong more than he is right, I watch cosely, you have even scoped his ass on storis and predictions more tan anyone else LOL
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

olsondogg, did Percy later express disappointment that somebody like you can disagree all the time and still be usual member of the community? And that the problem is not, in fact, being a contrarian, but rather something else? I always suspected that if somebody like Alieberman drank his own pee, we'd have only liked him more. The problem was never one particular comment or incident or an isolated quality.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:It's always nice to hear that you're loved...

You should feel honored. I am not on the list, yet. Neither is 97Cats who Percy seemed to have a beef with too, from 12/10/11:
OlsonCourt wrote:doesnt it piss you off, 97 this 97 that, he thinks he is the big man on camus and i have heard hi say more than onc if anyone doesnt do or say what he asks he will jump the oher forum andnot come here anymore then everyone starts cruying without their leader.
He is wrong more than he is right, I watch cosely, you have even scoped his ass on storis and predictions more tan anyone else LOL
The big man on Camus is a pretty deep statement when you really stop and think about it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:olsondogg, did Percy later express disappointment that somebody like you can disagree all the time and still be usual member of the community? And that the problem is not, in fact, being a contrarian, but rather something else? I always suspected that if somebody like Alieberman drank his own pee, we'd have only liked him more. The problem was never one particular comment or incident or an isolated quality.
No, he didn't really reach out to me after the 97Cats comment. When I came on the board, I pretty much bashed every single post I read, just to be a dick. I had no intention of posting as frequently as I did, nor visiting as much as I eventually did...I joined just to argue initially.

I think that's why Percy reached out to me. He started by asking how old I was, and trying to get to know me personally...
OlsonCourt wrote:How old are you anyway are you living in tucson did you go to arizona?

I am 40, went to West Point to play basketball for Army after first attending Arizona my freshman year and joining ROTC, I walked on to the Arizona hoops team but wasnt good enough, since I was in the ROTC Lute and Oneill who was an assistant here at the time, told me I should send some tapes to West Point and see if I could get a spot on the team there, with their help that is exactly what happened and I played for years at Army, best time of my life but then I had to serve in the Army after which sucked, ended up in Panama during the Noriega manhunt, lost many a good friend in that fiasco.

Came back to Tucson and went to Arizona for grad school, this was about the time Pastner was playing there and when we won it all in 97, stayed there working on Masters degree for a year then decided on law school, finished that up and working as attorney now here in town.
I think he was trying to appear normal, and then when I started to post more "non-dickish" things he went on longer and longer rants to "recruit" me to his "team".

I found it entertaining.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:olsondogg, did Percy later express disappointment that somebody like you can disagree all the time and still be usual member of the community? And that the problem is not, in fact, being a contrarian, but rather something else? I always suspected that if somebody like Alieberman drank his own pee, we'd have only liked him more. The problem was never one particular comment or incident or an isolated quality.
For the record, I've never ever in my life specifically told anyone that I don't drink my own urine.

And Percy- I actually had a nice back and forth with him on PM, where I actually reached out to him with some advise on how to "get the board back" or at least how to not let every thread turn into a Percy Bashing. It seemed to actually be working as he started getting off some people's radar, but then the 4 Horsemen of Percy played out and he had completely lost me as an ally as a felt totally stupid for trying to friend him.
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Theory: 4Life=TrueKatzFan without the smiley faces.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I have a few Machina gems too...when he called me a "bedouche" and told me to leave him alone, and then a month later he thanked me and told me I was "good in his book".

I could post those, but I am afraid of Machina...