Las Vegas Shows

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

baycat93

Las Vegas Shows

Post by baycat93 »

Did not see a separate thread for shows and did not see any discussion in the food thread.

Any recommendations?

Am leaning towards "O".

Thanks in advance
azcat49

Re: Las Vegas Shows

Post by azcat49 »

Not a big Cirque style fan but I hear O is fantastic. I like the musical shows and I have to tell you the Michael Jackson show at the Rio was outstanding. The guy performing Michael was spot on and the sets were great.

Loved the Austrailan MoTown review at the Venetian and I thought the Bee Gee's was great other then it was in a dump at the Excalibur.

The best show I have seen in Vegas recently was at Ceasars and it is called Absinthe. Hilarious and had some great acts. The guy downtown at the Nugg was very good as well. Singer and comedian. Great venue as well.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

azcat49 wrote:Not a big Cirque style fan but I hear O is fantastic. I like the musical shows and I have to tell you the Michael Jackson show at the Rio was outstanding. The guy performing Michael was spot on and the sets were great.

Loved the Austrailan MoTown review at the Venetian and I thought the Bee Gee's was great other then it was in a dump at the Excalibur.

The best show I have seen in Vegas recently was at Ceasars and it is called Absinthe. Hilarious and had some great acts. The guy downtown at the Nugg was very good as well. Singer and comedian. Great venue as well.

thanks 49. The absinthe does look interesting. Appreciate the input. Bear Down.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

My favorites in order:

* Absinthe - (and it's not close) I will say as a caveat though - it's a very progressive, liberal show. Lots of foul/politically incorrect language & drug references...but it's absolutely amazing if you're cool with a hard R rated show.
* tie between O & LOVE - both are Cirque shows, and fairly universally considered the two best Cirque shows. Love obviously is the Beatles themed one & O is the over the top, water themed one. Quite different but both very good.
* Blue Man Group - again, my tastes are towards the eccentric. This show has literally zero spoken dialogue of any kind. It's all music & crazy things to look at & interesting things to think about. But I love it very much.
* Jersey Boys - classic show, great music, fun story, great way to spend your hour & a half or whatever.
* Penn & Teller - I've seen this show 3 times & it's always a little different & always fun. I dig the guys a little more than the magic show aspect of it though...
* Michael Jackson Cirque show - didn't think I'd like this going in & enjoyed it a lot.
* KA & Zumanity - two other Cirque shows that are good but unless you're interested in the sex themed show (Zumanity) the above three Cirque choices are much better.

Quite a handful I haven't seen obviously...and then,

The show's I've seen that I'd skip if I were you:

* Carrot Top (you've seen one joke, you've seen them all)
* Believe - the Chris Angel/magic themed Cirque show - it's awful
* Tournament of Kings - if you are taking kids this shtick is ok I guess...but I mean...it's a Cornish game hen & 7-up & jousting.
* Donnie & Marie - look - my mom listened to this stuff all the time as I was growing up so I thought I'd like it. I didn't.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:My favorites in order:

* Absinthe - (and it's not close) I will say as a caveat though - it's a very progressive, liberal show. Lots of foul/politically incorrect language & drug references...but it's absolutely amazing if you're cool with a hard R rated show.
* tie between O & LOVE - both are Cirque shows, and fairly universally considered the two best Cirque shows. Love obviously is the Beatles themed one & O is the over the top, water themed one. Quite different but both very good.
* Blue Man Group - again, my tastes are towards the eccentric. This show has literally zero spoken dialogue of any kind. It's all music & crazy things to look at & interesting things to think about. But I love it very much.
* Jersey Boys - classic show, great music, fun story, great way to spend your hour & a half or whatever.
* Penn & Teller - I've seen this show 3 times & it's always a little different & always fun. I dig the guys a little more than the magic show aspect of it though...
* Michael Jackson Cirque show - didn't think I'd like this going in & enjoyed it a lot.
* KA & Zumanity - two other Cirque shows that are good but unless you're interested in the sex themed show (Zumanity) the above three Cirque choices are much better.

Quite a handful I haven't seen obviously...and then,

The show's I've seen that I'd skip if I were you:

* Carrot Top (you've seen one joke, you've seen them all)
* Believe - the Chris Angel/magic themed Cirque show - it's awful
* Tournament of Kings - if you are taking kids this shtick is ok I guess...but I mean...it's a Cornish game hen & 7-up & jousting.
* Donnie & Marie - look - my mom listened to this stuff all the time as I was growing up so I thought I'd like it. I didn't.
BDV.. muchas gracias. I owe you a beer at the Pac12 Tournament.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

How about La Reve at Wynn? Mike Rowe just did a segment on it, really interesting
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Jefe wrote:How about La Reve at Wynn? Mike Rowe just did a segment on it, really interesting
I haven't seen it but from what I'm told it's like "O jr". Lots of water & acrobats without technically being a Cirque show.