Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Venting Thread

Post by Longhorned »

MountainCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
azgreg wrote:Walked into the restroom at work this morning and caught the janitor cleaning the sinks with a mop.
Why is this surprising, or some kind of problem?
When you find out, let us know how he cleans the toilets too....is it any different?
I always just assume that all parts of any public bathroom or hotel bathroom (as well as the drinking glasses washed therein) are cleaned with the toilet brush. And so I decide and act accordingly.

Other people, like my wife, operate under the assumption that it was cleaned as their mother would have done it.

But in the case of sink cleaned by a mop, why would it matter in any case? If they have movement-sensor, no-touch faucets, then it's irrelevant. If they're manual, then they're always tainted by everyone else's fecal-covered hands hands regardless.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:Both of my kids take hip-hop dance through a studio. This weekend is the annual recital. So far it’s been a total clusterfuck including a secret rehearsal no one bothered to inform us of. The owner of the studio is the world’s hugest bitch and just told me, “I’m not sure if this is your first recital but this is how it’s always been done.” This is our third year. I hope she gets a cold sore that eventually spreads all over her face.

MountainCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
azgreg wrote:Walked into the restroom at work this morning and caught the janitor cleaning the sinks with a mop.
Why is this surprising, or some kind of problem?
When you find out, let us know how he cleans the toilets too....is it any different?
Better than a spit shine no matter what.
WTF? "hip-hop dance through a studio" - you could save a lot of money, and they'd probably learn more authentic moves. if you dropped them off at a corner... LOL :roll:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:WTF? "hip-hop dance through a studio" - you could save a lot of money, and they'd probably learn more authentic moves. if you dropped them off at a corner... LOL :roll:
Yeah, I’m sure they’d learn some stuff, but I doubt it would be dance moves.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Fucking $3800 auto repair. Ubering to and from work. Feck.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

OK, so I just don't get it. I'm a dinosaur so somebody help me out. Slack just went public and is worth $20 bil. What the fuck does it do other than make for yet another way to dick around at work? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

UAdevil wrote:Fucking $3800 auto repair. Ubering to and from work. Feck.
Fuck man, I’m sorry I know this drill your going though all too well.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Another reason despite how much money I make I refuse to have a car that would ever require that much in repairs .
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

sometimes it’s your commuter car that goes kaput and your not in a position to purchase a new one.

Or you are an idiot like me and drive your Jetta sport wagon (dad mobile) over a shallow riverbed and the rocks and water fuck everything up and you need a front end replacement.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

just my last week.

The cosmos know what I am talking about.

Add in the last 18 months. But slam the last week into that 18 month ball of crazy medical issues, but also amazingly awesome family accomplishments....then jam the last week into it, and you have the stew for an absolute WHATTHEFUCK freakout.

If I survive to my trip to Oceanside in one week, I will have 7 or 14 beers in honor of this last week, the most fucked up week in quite a few years. And I worked in the mortgage banking (risk) business. So...fuck.

FUCK

(breath).

I will know a lot more about whether I am pulling myself up by the bootstraps or going full crazy tomorrow around this time. Reorgs are fun...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EVCat wrote:just my last week.

The cosmos know what I am talking about.

Add in the last 18 months. But slam the last week into that 18 month ball of crazy medical issues, but also amazingly awesome family accomplishments....then jam the last week into it, and you have the stew for an absolute WHATTHEFUCK freakout.

If I survive to my trip to Oceanside in one week, I will have 7 or 14 beers in honor of this last week, the most fucked up week in quite a few years. And I worked in the mortgage banking (risk) business. So...fuck.

FUCK

(breath).

I will know a lot more about whether I am pulling myself up by the bootstraps or going full crazy tomorrow around this time. Reorgs are fun...
On Thursday I slammed the the hatch back door on my 3 year-old's hand, and rushed her to the hospital.

Medical staff: What happened to her hand?!!

Me: Oh. That? I slammed the the hatch back door on it.

That was just one of my highlights last week.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Longhorned wrote: On Thursday I slammed the the hatch back door on my 3 year-old's hand, and rushed her to the hospital.

Fun stuff. I was once, many years ago (15?) tightening the car seat clip and my hand slipped and hit my 3 year old daughter in the face, cutting her. I was so apologetic.

We were in Target shortly thereafter, and some random woman in line started talking to her in the cart seat. Something about "do you have an owie", to which my daughter replied

"My daddy hurt me. But he said he was sorry and it would never happen again"

I just about passed out right there in line.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The AC went out in my car. Good thing I live in a city where you don't need AC.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EVCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote: On Thursday I slammed the the hatch back door on my 3 year-old's hand, and rushed her to the hospital.

Fun stuff. I was once, many years ago (15?) tightening the car seat clip and my hand slipped and hit my 3 year old daughter in the face, cutting her. I was so apologetic.

We were in Target shortly thereafter, and some random woman in line started talking to her in the cart seat. Something about "do you have an owie", to which my daughter replied

"My daddy hurt me. But he said he was sorry and it would never happen again"

I just about passed out right there in line.
One morning when I was 4, I jumped off a chair into an electric frying pan while my mom was scrambling eggs.

My mother bandaged up my burn wound and drove me to the TV studio, where I was part of a live show called Romper Room at the Phoenix PBS affiliate.

"What happened to your arm?" asked the show's hostess on live television.

"My mother burned me," I said.

"Oh!" she said. "Well, I'm sure she didn't mean to do that..."

"Yes she did!" I said.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Nice!

KAET...have answered the phones for pledge drives there a few times.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Coworkers

We often spend more time with them than our own family.

Why are they so fucking annoying?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Coworkers

Because you spend more time with them than your family and you have no influence on their behavior.

When your kid leaves a gigantic steaming turd in your toilet or sneezes without covering their mouth you can yell at them. Meanwhile, at work, the best you can hope for is to quietly spread a rumor about their piss-poor hygiene to another coworker.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Coworkers

Because you spend more time with them than your family and you have no influence on their behavior.

When your kid leaves a gigantic steaming turd in your toilet or sneezes without covering their mouth you can yell at them. Meanwhile, at work, the best you can hope for is to quietly spread a rumor about their piss-poor hygiene to another coworker.

Good point on the bathroom situation...

Couple of observations...why do kids hold turds that are equivalent in size to their entire torso?

Why do dudes wait to blow out heavy in the work shitter? I mean, god damn.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Family

We've shared more with them than anyone.

That must be why they are so fucking annoying.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Same shit, different year.
Chicat wrote:This whole “thank everyone who was ever in the military for their service” thing is bullshit.

There’s a guy in our neighborhood who terrorizes all of us around the 4th of July with his ridiculous and unasked for fireworks which he starts mid-way through June even though the law is that you can’t set them off until June 29th and only after sunset (he lights off bombs in the middle of the day).

Someone confronted him on our neighborhood Facebook page because their husband is a combat veteran and it triggers his PTSD.

He countered that he too is a combat veteran, and everyone comes out of the woodwork to thank him for his service. So I decided to do a little snooping....

Turns out that he enlisted in the Air Force after getting in trouble with the law after high school and the closest he got to combat was loading and unloading C-130s in Guam. Meanwhile, he’s using his service to make it seem like he was under fire and that anyone who doesn’t like his fireworks is some kind of unpatriotic asshole who doesn’t appreciate the way he celebrates the freedom he fought so hard to protect.

I’m not thanking this douche for his service. Fuck him. There are people in my neighborhood who were under fire and saw their buddies hurt and even killed and he hides behind some fucking Air Force medal for service during wartime so he can continue to torture them so his dick may get hard when the really big bangers go off? Nah...

If you were under fire while protecting this nation I’d like to thank you for your service. In fact, I’d like to buy you a drink. If you’re some rear echelon motherfucker who uses his time in the military to justify being an asshole, go fuck yourself.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Sing along, Amerika! Happy Birthday!

"Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could?
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul"

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My father-in-law will, from time to time, shit in the bathroom that is right by my kitchen.

This is a man who eats habanero salsa daily.

He could go upstairs and destroy any of those bathrooms. But instead he’d rather totally fuck up a small half bath that is right by where we eat dinner.

Every single time I yell at him to go upstairs. It hasn’t sunk in.

What an asshole.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Chicat wrote:My father-in-law will, from time to time, shit in the bathroom that is right by my kitchen.

He could go upstairs and destroy any of those bathrooms. But instead he’d rather totally fuck up a small half bath that is right by where we eat dinner.

What an asshole.
You could also blame the architect if it makes you feel any better. :P
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
Chicat wrote:My father-in-law will, from time to time, shit in the bathroom that is right by my kitchen.

What an asshole.
You could also blame the architect if it makes you feel any better. :P
I don’t. That bathroom is obviously for washing your hands and the occasional emergency piss after a long drive. Any idiot can see that.

I’d rip out the toilet and install a urinal but I’m seriously afraid he’d just shit in the sink.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Does anyone’s parents just book trips unannounced and then get all pissy when told you have already made plans for that weekend and it would have been nice to have this discussion to arrive at a mutual date before they booked the tickets?

And have had this discussion multiple time largely over 5-8years?

Cause that’s my parents.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Do old people become powder room shitters and unannounced arrivers as revenge for what the generation before did to them?

I imagine this goes back to the dawn of time. Davocles shows up one day out of the blue at his son Pericles’s villa and proceeds to hike up his toga and shit in the middle of the solarium instead of using the ditch out back and now here we are.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Must be nice having multiple toilets Mr Fancy over there. I have one toilet and it's 5 feet from the kitchen. Saving for a house takes forever. Ugh.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Must be nice having multiple toilets Mr Fancy over there. I have one toilet and it's 5 feet from the kitchen. Saving for a house takes forever. Ugh.
I work hard to have multiple bathrooms in far flung corners where no one has to smell your huevos rancheros farts. That’s why the disrespect is literally too hard to stomach.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Does anyone’s parents just book trips unannounced and then get all pissy when told you have already made plans for that weekend and it would have been nice to have this discussion to arrive at a mutual date before they booked the tickets?

And have had this discussion multiple time largely over 5-8years?

Cause that’s my parents.
My mom works for American and flies for free. She usually gives some kind of notice but she changes her plans like 12 times before every trip out here up to literally a couple hours before she gets here. I never truly know when she'll actually show up here or how long she will stay. It's all a surprise that I get maybe 3-4 hours warning on.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:Do old people become powder room shitters and unannounced arrivers as revenge for what the generation before did to them?

I imagine this goes back to the dawn of time. Davocles shows up one day out of the blue at his son Pericles’s villa and proceeds to hike up his toga and shit in the middle of the solarium instead of using the ditch out back and now here we are.
There’s probably something you’re doing that he’s getting revenge for...

... and your yelling at him is his reward.

― Kinky Friedman
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

pc in NM wrote:There’s probably something you’re doing that he’s getting revenge for...

Or he’s just too lazy to climb a flight of stairs.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
pc in NM wrote:There’s probably something you’re doing that he’s getting revenge for...

Does he at least do a courtesy flush?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Trying to book a campsite at any popular national park and nearly all state parks in California is really fucking annoying:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Ha, yeah right. At this point I’m just happy he doesn’t wipe himself with a hand towel.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Chicat wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Ha, yeah right. At this point I’m just happy he doesn’t wipe himself with a hand towel.
On a side note, I have to say your complaint is the most on-topic issue in the whole thread. :mrgreen:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Recreation.gov is a trash site with trash IT and less than worthless phone help.

How does the site go down in campsite bid day, when everyone knows that you to be up and online at 7 am pst sharp to bid for a spot at Yosemite?

And of course I had a light morning and refreshed incessantly for 105 minutes, until work called and I had to step away. 15 minutes later my dates are no longer available. Of course!

Fuck recreation.gov and fuck nature.

Imma gonna go buy a barrel of diesel and club something small and cute with it, and then dump it in a rivier...

So so angry annoyed at the moment.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Gentlemen, regarding parents, in-laws, and the blessed torment they bring you: until the attorneys get involved ...... you're just beginning shoot-around. Trust me: these are the good ol days. You can't stop what's comin'.

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

How does “I’m already packed and we have tons of space in the car” in the am become “how are we gonna fit all this shit, we’re gonna have to leave some shit behind” after coming back from a half day at work and intending to leave for camping at 1pst with a wife?!?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Uh, somethin' to do with the wife part?

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Uh, somethin' to do with the wife part?
That’s it right there.

On Thursday I packed me, the kids, and the dog for a weekend at the lake. Two mid-size suitcases and a backpack, with room left in all three for the wife’s stuff.

I come back from a quick run to CVS and all of a sudden there is an additional enormous suitcase, two beach bags, three grocery bags, and now we’re trying to figure out how we can fit the dog in the car even though we are only going to be away for three full days.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Chicat wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Uh, somethin' to do with the wife part?
That’s it right there.

On Thursday I packed me, the kids, and the dog for a weekend at the lake. Two mid-size suitcases and a backpack, with room left in all three for the wife’s stuff.

I come back from a quick run to CVS and all of a sudden there is an additional enormous suitcase, two beach bags, three grocery bags, and now we’re trying to figure out how we can fit the dog in the car even though we are only going to be away for three full days.
You need Sherpas....

― Kinky Friedman
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The graphics card went out in my PC.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:The graphics card went out in my PC.
Well now you have an excuse to go buy a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Well now you have an excuse to go buy a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
How about I just get six of them and start mining for Bitcoin?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Only a like $6k investment

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

That's a bummer. The new AMD 3700XT looks like a good deal...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:There was this wicked pothole over on Los Reales by the dump

Rather than fix it right away, they first spray painted yellow around it so you could see it better.

Then a day or two later, they put a cone in front of it.

A couple days later, it was fixed with so much asphalt it sticks up several inches and is now basically a speed bump.

Nice of them to add this:

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

My aunt, who dedicated her adult life to being a domestic violence victim advocate, a social worker for orphans, and who volunteered and advocated for dementia patients, died from a massive heart attack last night at 71. Her daughter, a 2x cancer survivor, had the privilege of calling the fucking prick jackass of a father, a man who verbally and emotionally abused and berated them, before abandoning my aunt and my cousin 25 years ago.

This world is fucked up

Have no idea how the assholes live so long.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry for your loss jmj
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

The good ones leave and the assholes stick around. Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

~ Wilhoit's Law