Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

My ear buds gave up on me this morning. Now I have to finish the workday listening to nothing. Fuck! #firstworldproblems
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've given up listening to music at work anymore. Someone is always popping in to my mega cube or yelling over to me every 3 minutes.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Only the good die young.

One thing I always wonder, why do bad things happen to good people?

My mean old drunk grandfather outlived my saintly grandmother by probably 20 years.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Merkin wrote:Only the good die young.

One thing I always wonder, why do bad things happen to good people?

My mean old drunk grandfather outlived my saintly grandmother by probably 20 years.
Seems like dictators also have the longevity of Methuselah.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

There was a study in JAMA I read ten years ago linking personality traits to longevity.

Assholes live longer.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Office politics have begun to affect the office.

Usually I’m head of the curve on these things and am able to stay out and above the fray, but there has been a change in leadership several rings above me that is filtering downhill.

I don’t like it, don’t like it one bit.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Office politics have begun to affect the office.

Usually I’m head of the curve on these things and am able to stay out and above the fray, but there has been a change in leadership several rings above me that is filtering downhill.

I don’t like it, don’t like it one bit.
Yellow Card warning!! Everyone shelter in place!!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:There was a study in JAMA I read ten years ago linking personality traits to longevity.

Assholes live longer.
In that case I'll live to 200.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

$220 for you to spend 20 minutes replacing a part on my ac?

fucking seriously?

sure take my money asshole, since I called around and they all want to bend me over just as bad.

I mean hell, I didn't need to pay my electric bill on time this month anyhow right?

fuck life.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PieceOfMeat wrote:$220 for you to spend 20 minutes replacing a part on my ac?

fucking seriously?

sure take my money asshole, since I called around and they all want to bend me over just as bad.

I mean hell, I didn't need to pay my electric bill on time this month anyhow right?

fuck life.
How much did you tip him? It cost me $300 to replace a belt on my AC and I tipped him $20 on top of that, thanks to what I learned in the tipping thread about having to do that.

Also, I lost another $40 of tips for furniture deliveries because Copenhagen screwed up my furniture purchase, which required multiple deliveries instead of just one.

I wish I could go back in time to before I knew I'm supposed to tip these guys for services and goods I'm already paying huge sums on.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Must be ac death season. Electronic control module went out on mine yesterday. $1300 part that has to be shipped from Vegas. Won’t be here until Monday. Better yet, the ac just went out of 5 year warranty in May and the 10 year warranty the previous owner purchased doesn’t transfer with sale of the house. How is that even fucking legal? Meanwhile, 84F in the house and the cats have tapped out.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

No evaporative cooler? That's all I'm running now, and my house is 68-70 degrees always in this current weather.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

No . . . just have a single package unit on the roof. I guess now I can see the value of having one as a backup. Honestly it’s not too bad—today was a bit warm but I think it’s cooling off over the weekend. If it happened a month ago it would have been tough.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The octogenarian neighbors and their 50yo son just just moved back in have purchased a rooster.

I’m gonna have to purchase an outdoor alleycat. The hungrier the better.

Anyone know where I can get a ferret?
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Alright, I just tried to tip my AC repair guy because of you turkeys in this thread. He wouldn’t accept it. Awkwardness ensued. Thanks a lot—with friends like you, who needs enemies? :lol:

On the bright side I have ice cold air just in time for winter.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Alright, I just tried to tip my AC repair guy because of you turkeys in this thread. He wouldn’t accept it. Awkwardness ensued. Thanks a lot—with friends like you, who needs enemies? :lol:

On the bright side I have ice cold air just in time for winter.
And an extra $20 in your wallet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

To the person at work who stole my tamales out of the fridge, I hope you die in a fire.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Tamale theft is an impeachable offense
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Next set of tamales need to be laced with meth and castor oil.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

And filled with Alpo.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:The octogenarian neighbors and their 50yo son just just moved back in have purchased a rooster.

I’m gonna have to purchase an outdoor alleycat. The hungrier the better.

Roosters are illegal in most municipalities in CA, even where I live out in Santa Barbara county.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

God bless you Merkin. Thank you for this excellent piece of information.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Edit:

Legal in sac county, not city, as of 2016.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:Edit:

Legal in sac county, not city, as of 2016.
That really sucks. But it does look like you need God's Quarter Acre though to have them. But I doubt they are on a small lot.

https://animalcare.saccounty.net/Animal ... ounty.aspx" target="_blank

Can I keep chickens or roosters on my residential zoned property for personal use or consumption?

Generally speaking, chickens/roosters 1, ducks, and geese can be kept on your residential property if your lot size is a minimum 10,000 square feet 2 in area. However, depending on your specific zone designation and property size, restrictions do apply.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

For the apple phone users. . .
Fairly sure you are going to use all your words.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Who the fuck puts cheese on a blt?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Who the fuck puts cheese on a blt?
Nazis
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Cream cheese can be good on toasted blt bread
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Cream cheese can be good on toasted blt bread
Maybe, but I'm in a bowling alley so......
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Parents of kids playing sports, you suck.

I have no idea how college coaches can deal with these idiots, cause at the elementary level it's draining.

Coaching my son's basketball team for the 3rd year now. Went through a 3 hour draft on Tuesday night choosing our team, only to find out that a parent of one of the kids we drafted whined to the commissioner that her son didn't get on the team he wanted with his friends, so they are not going to play unless he gets on that team.

The kid is good at basketball too, apparently. But that kid is fucked for his future if he lets his parents keep him in that bubble he's growing up in.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:Parents of kids playing sports, you suck.

I have no idea how college coaches can deal with these idiots, cause at the elementary level it's draining.

Coaching my son's basketball team for the 3rd year now. Went through a 3 hour draft on Tuesday night choosing our team, only to find out that a parent of one of the kids we drafted whined to the commissioner that her son didn't get on the team he wanted with his friends, so they are not going to play unless he gets on that team.

The kid is good at basketball too, apparently. But that kid is fucked for his future if he lets his parents keep him in that bubble he's growing up in.
You lost me at "a 3 hour draft for elementary school kids"

WTF?!!!! A draft?

Did the kids get a special draft jersey and shake the commish's hand as they walked across the stage?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:

WTF?!!!! A draft?

Did the kids get a special draft jersey and shake the commish's hand as they walked across the stage?
It keeps the hyper competitive parents from putting together super teams by having all the parents claim their kids are lifelong friends.

That happened in our soccer league a couple years ago. The super teams won every game 8-0 (or worse) and the other kids had such a shit season most wanted to quit the league.

Now we have a draft and the league winner went 7-3. Much more competitive and kids that were not good or new were able to improve being around kids with better skills and more experience.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah I coach U6 soccer and the parents suck even at that level.

So do the drunk townie coaches on other teams that see these games as their life’s goal to dominate at all costs.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:

WTF?!!!! A draft?

Yeah so it's a league here in central Phoenix that consists of 24 teams of 7-8 players per team. Each kid had a tryout last Saturday that they got to get weighed, measured...do a timed sprint, and then were rated on their ability to do a layup, a shot and their dribbling skills against their peers.

That data was then entered into a database and a spredsheet with the rankings of all players were presented and a "fantasy football-style" draft was conducted.

It's totally crazy but there was pizza and beer so I was alright.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:
Alieberman wrote:

WTF?!!!! A draft?

Yeah so it's a league here in central Phoenix that consists of 24 teams of 7-8 players per team. Each kid had a tryout last Saturday that they got to get weighed, measured...do a timed sprint, and then were rated on their ability to do a layup, a shot and their dribbling skills against their peers.

That data was then entered into a database and a spredsheet with the rankings of all players were presented and a "fantasy football-style" draft was conducted.

It's totally crazy but there was pizza and beer so I was alright.
That is nuts.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coldest day of the winter season so far. 17 degrees with wind chills hovering around 0. Snowing like a bastard. Kids have a 2 hour delay.

My fucking furnace shit the bed sometime overnight.

Motherfucker...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Justin wrapping up his kids this morning.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:

Pretty much!

Heat is fixed and kids are at the bus stop. Gonna Irish up this coffee and take the rest of the day off.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
Heat is fixed and kids are at the bus stop. Gonna Irish up this coffee and take the rest of the day off.
now thats good parenting
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

My hot water heater is not working. I still took a shower, but now I can't find my penis.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

ASUCatFan wrote:My hot water heater is not working. I still took a shower, but now I can't find my penis.
You probably won't need it for a while - don't worry!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Okay, I just found out about the connotations of O.K., k, kk, and K.

I just find it hard to give a fuck. K?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My in-laws always bring something to Thanksgiving that wasn’t on the menu and was never discussed and expect us to put it out even though it’s weird old people food that no one likes.

One year it was sardines. Stunk up the whole table and never got touched.

Can’t wait to see what it is this year. Probably some kind of corn mold.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote:My in-laws always bring something to Thanksgiving that wasn’t on the menu and was never discussed and expect us to put it out even though it’s weird old people food that no one likes.

They also show up early. A full hour & a half today. And they want to have a conversation while we cook.

They brought an extra salad. Ten people, two huge salads. Sigh....
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Chicat wrote:My in-laws always bring something to Thanksgiving that wasn’t on the menu and was never discussed and expect us to put it out even though it’s weird old people food that no one likes.

My mother drove up from phx for 4 days with my sister and decided to bring me ALL her old framed childhood photos of my “for my kids to see what I looked like as a kid”. She stated she was cleaning out things, didn’t have the heart to throw them away, and wanted to save me the trouble of having to do it when she died (real quote!)

I said a I have no place to store it and a bit of communication would be nice and why again don’t you want photos of me when I was a kid?

She also was insistent yesterday about going to Williams Sonoma to buy Christmas gifts to which I said I would go, but wanted to get the lights and the tree up while the sun and good weather were out and would take her after I was done. At 530 when I said let’s go after dinner, she made a big huff saying she’s been “ready “ all day and now didn’t want to inconvenience me with leaving so late.

My mother, bless her heart, is fucking crazy. And shit like this is par for the course and why I haven’t looked back since I had the chance to go to Arizona for college. I guess I’m thankful for the playbook on what not to do/how to act (play the victim, never really say/ask what you mean and expect others to know your thoughts/intentions)

That aside, it was an enjoyable four days with no other unexpected drama and her coming to visit my family saves me from having to take the trek to Arizona for about a year.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol. Oh and my wife just informed me that when she went to say goodbye to my mother last night she informed my wife that my mother in-law looked “stressed” and my father in law looked as if he was “declining”

My wife is a champ and handled it well. Good thing for all that I wasn’t around when she said that.

Whatever, I served my penance.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Parents are bonkers.

My mother-in-law insisted on coming over yesterday even though we were leaving for dinner. She wanted to drop off the Target coupons she “borrowed” and pick up some leftovers.

She called four times.

We told her we were leaving.

She came anyway just as we were walking out the door and had just one thing to tell us...

The result was the four of us leaving a half hour later than we wanted to because she would not shut the fuck up and getting to the restaurant just in time to be at the tail end of the dinner rush so we had to wait forty five minutes while extremely hangry. By the time the food came we all wanted to kill each other.

I feel bad because the man she wanted to grow old with turned into a crazy Trumpistani rage monster and all she wants is to be away from him but you can’t fuck with my life because you’re lonely.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think we have all been here.
The grandpa would be me.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:

My mother drove up from phx for 4 days with my sister and decided to bring me ALL her old framed childhood photos of my “for my kids to see what I looked like as a kid”. She stated she was cleaning out things, didn’t have the heart to throw them away, and wanted to save me the trouble of having to do it when she died (real quote!)

I said a I have no place to store it and a bit of communication would be nice and why again don’t you want photos of me when I was a kid?

She also was insistent yesterday about going to Williams Sonoma to buy Christmas gifts to which I said I would go, but wanted to get the lights and the tree up while the sun and good weather were out and would take her after I was done. At 530 when I said let’s go after dinner, she made a big huff saying she’s been “ready “ all day and now didn’t want to inconvenience me with leaving so late.

My mother, bless her heart, is fucking crazy. And shit like this is par for the course and why I haven’t looked back since I had the chance to go to Arizona for college. I guess I’m thankful for the playbook on what not to do/how to act (play the victim, never really say/ask what you mean and expect others to know your thoughts/intentions)

That aside, it was an enjoyable four days with no other unexpected drama and her coming to visit my family saves me from having to take the trek to Arizona for about a year.
She sounds a lot like my mother.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Thank fucking god this part of the fucking holidays is over! Why can't we have some veg?? We've had nothin' but maggoty meats for three stinkin' days!!!

Look's like KALE is back on the menu boys!!

~ Wilhoit's Law