TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by CalStateTempe »

You allude to it, but what is the likely order of events that need to take place to have this running by the start of football season?

Sounds like we have lot of activity, just wondering if there is a rough mental flow chart of milestones to reach objectives.

When you all figure out operations costs and funding let us know. I doubt seed money will be a barrier to progress.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Step 1: take care of small things
Step 2: take care of big things

:)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Anything I can do to help, I'll do. I'll even put the snarkiness/sarcasm aside...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:Anything I can do to help, I'll do. I'll even put the snarkiness/sarcasm aside...
Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down.

Baby steps.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I mean to add "I'll try"...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Step 1: Mods/Admins, Name, maybe layout like NYcat suggested?
Step 2: Hosting domain, Migration, paypal, transparency.

Cool. Love what everyone is bringing to the table. I'm just here to eat the free chips and contribute where I can. Freeloading style.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Step 1: Mods/Admins, Name, maybe layout like NYcat suggested?

Cool. Love what everyone is bringing to the table. I'm just here to eat the free chips and contribute where I can. Freeloading style.
that's the way. i know jack shit about internet stuff and computers so i'm just going to give pats on the back and freeload away. ( i am fully willing to make a $$ donation if needed later though)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So, I glanced back at goazcats, and the only thing is adding RichardCranium to the list and the fact that the list is now spruced up with full descriptions of the psychological ailments y'all are suffering from. That is it for the whole site. Damn.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

RC is still upset that people didn't give a chance for them to fix their "promise" at the old site...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

CalStateTempe wrote:Step 1: Mods/Admins, Name, maybe layout like NYcat suggested?

That seems reasonable.

Maybe:

Step 1: Mods/Admin, Features Discussion (soon)
Step 2: Domain Name, Layout options/change (end June)
Step 3: Platform, Hosting, Funding/Transparency (end July)

Dates subject to change. I'd expect a few delays. But nothing that should be too bad.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:So, I glanced back at goazcats, and the only thing is adding RichardCranium to the list and the fact that the list is now spruced up with full descriptions of the psychological ailments y'all are suffering from. That is it for the whole site. Damn.
Actually there was a big revision to the manifesto. A lot of time was spent on it. I can sum up all that text in 2 words. "Go Away" 4Life wants us to get lost with his slanderous text, which I think is funny and not to be taken seriously, even though he undoubtedly is serious. That's what makes it even funnier.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:So, I glanced back at goazcats, and the only thing is adding RichardCranium to the list and the fact that the list is now spruced up with full descriptions of the psychological ailments y'all are suffering from. That is it for the whole site. Damn.
That's awesome. Waiting for mine!!!
4Life wrote:Finally, a thread to trump Millers recruiting just took a huge hit. Can't wait to bump this in a few years.

Bravo.

I suggest - as ghostwhitehorse implies - let's dance so we can remember the time when cyber-bullies and phonies tried to spew utter garbage all over the GOAZCAT community. Is it a coincidence he chose a song about communes and drug abuse and arabic musical notes in the background? The world may never know because he never has any guts to say. But it's a point that he choose that music in particular knowing full well I'm Jewish and proud of it - during a serious discussion. The difference between jokers and real posters is that real posters know when things are serious. It's no coincidence that Batman's greatest enemy is someone who never takes anything seriously. Hence, "why so serious?" is Joker's motto. These guys are jokers. With jokers, and their victims like Elliot Rodgers, capturing the media spotlight, I ask you as fellow Cat fans, Do we really want GOAZCAT forum to turn into the next PUAHATE or muscle building forums? Think about that and what that means for the University. Think about the media circus that would highlight every post here showing how bigots like Bruins01 and NorCalCat have 5000+ posts of schizophrenic babble on the UofA forums. Think about the legal issues for the admin might have to deal with. Families suing in civil courts, etc.

These are real life consequences. Sorry, been there, done that too many times to watch it happen again. This group of people had been bullying so long, uncontrolled, they were unashamed with their own abuse of bullying others. So full of themselves, they ultimately became a gang of preschoolers peddling their tricycles down the streets of GOAZCATS, shouting "Look at me, I'm so cool, come join us." A group of internet thugs, full of bigoted, anti-intellectual, anti-religious, back-patting, cyber bullies, so vacuous and self confidence they would never stop. They would waged a non stop unceasing war against anyone who didn't give them what they wanted - why think the admin no differnet? It's always been about them in this whole meltdown - they were the ones that vowed never to return, yet return constantly. But hey, all they want is complete and utter control of the forums. Why should the admin support that? What value is there in that?

To have a recruit, say Ivan Rabb, not come here because he's see's the cyber bullies ganging up and intimidating every other Cat fan with a brain? If anything, that's a major negative. Do we not hold ourselves as UofA fans and alum alike, to a higher standard? Or do we have no standards, like the CO-OP and the Burger King Kid's club? My humor may be snarky at times - I confess readily - but it's derived from going to school at the University of Arizona, having a family and children, and the entirety of education, science, intellectual discussion, and debate I've had in multiple professional roles in the real world for many years. I never bully and try to tread the limits of good taste. I'm no prude, and enjoy a good time as well. I've also made my share of mistakes and overstatements I wish I could take back. Somethings in life you just can't unsay or unsee or undo. Mistakes happen. Life is a endless education - in which we are always learning. I always try to make amends if I make these lapses in judgement. Sometimes I wish I had chosen to become a doctor instead of an architect sometimes, because at least doctor's get to bury their mistakes. Hopefully my doctor friends will forgive me in this small humor.

This group has been particularly nasty to religious people, it's not just fun and games. It's down right calling them all forms of names, from dumb to insane, trolling every post they make all day long - because they have nothing else to do. So if anyone were to be reading 80,000+ posts of bigotry and lack of intellectual thought - What is he to think? Why is no one speaking out? Why is the conversation so vapid? It may seem petty to JMJ, but how would we all feel if we lost some prized recruit over something such as a message board?

Is that so selfish for me to say? If it is, is does not hurt me to say it.

But no. Not this group. This group is completely out of touch with reality. Look at their posts, such as "Is there an App for that?" Really? What year is it, 2008? As if the Admin has no clue about the Apple television commercial. What year is it in their little minds? But that is something that is common with this group. They are completely out of touch with the changing world around them.

It's 2014. The Internet has consequences in the Real World. It's no longer just fun and jokes, I'm afraid, the game of cups has ended. Imagine if I was not to stand up for Percy? How much longer would this continue. What if they bullied someone not as resilient as him? These guys have trolled him, and I'm sure other posters, for years. Anyone who disagrees with them, they troll out of GOAZCATS. More than just bullying, this is hardcore intimidation and poster suppression. Look at how they responded to me and Percy in this thread? Do you really think they can't even comprehend that we are two separate posters? If we are all actors, they must wonder to themselves, surely Percy must be one too. These comedians have no clue about anything, using every tactic available to appear intelligent, including pretending to be Jewish, while at the same time spewing anti-religious bile. Some of them clearly have no idea who they are pretending to be or who they are talking to. They think everyone must be just another joker like them.

In that, they share in common many things with idiots who have come before them. Never back down! Never surrender! Never give in! Never be wrong. That has worked of course so well in the past. In that light, JMJ may literally be the internet equivalent of Colonel Custer mixed with an adolescent child who just broke his G.I. Joe. Child please. I haven't seen an meltdown so epic since the last Blizzard expansion pack.

Their biggest and most dangerous kick is to say that people who believe in Religion are "Dumb, Stupid, or not for this modern society."

Don't let them do it. It's not true. Religion and Science are as inseparable as E=MC^2. Does it not say that possibly the greatest scientist of all time was also not also one of the most revered philosophers?

This type of lack of understanding came to a head at the COOP. Oh, I remember how proud I felt resisting Carl Rove's tactics in the 2000 campaign. I voted straight Democrat as a result of the hate and twisting of words. But to see it coming from the other side? Does it not say everything when they resort to calling people names such as terrorist? May as well call you an non-patriot while you are at it. When you disagree - they circle the wagons. When you call them out for their bs, they lie and attack you instead. When you question them - they call you mentally ill. In this, I'm sure Hillary would understand.

That type of insensitively and lack of understanding of the World came to a head the COOP. These pseudo-intellectuals tried to tell me, a Jew who might offend!, when to use the word Nazi and when not too. Really? They said, "You know who were Nazi's, Nazi's." This sick rationalization is not unintentional - probably as a result of countless sitcoms and grotesque movies running through their minds like sugar plumbs and lollipops. They want to "educate" everyone when to use the word and when not too based upon their 1980's language of movie and television quotes. To call it mind control is kind. These posters bitterly defended Nazism against all reason - denying with bitter venom - that the Nazi's became what amounts to a secular religion intent on destroying "organized" Religion and outside thought. They do not create threads such as "Organized Religion" without reason or purpose. I don't level these charges lightly, considering half my Epstein, Benviste, and Rivkin families were herded onto cattle cars and burned to death in factories by similar megalomaniacs. My great uncle, who I love dearly, who teaches history of the Holocaust in South Florida/Boca Raton, still bears the tattoos the Nazi's gave him. His brother, my grandfather, was already in America, a pilot and engineer for the US Navy during World War II. My family has an certain love of boats, having grown up in New York City, so it has always been natural for those, like my only brother, to attend Annapolis. My brother went there on scholarship as a recommendation from the Governor of Connecticut, thanks to my father, who, had taught Politics and Economics at the University of Connecticut, and later became an assistant to the mayor for the City of New Britain, Connecticut, and as a conservative, help start a city based recycling program. My family has had a long and deep history of love for both this Country, our faith, athletics, compassion for this world, and compassion for others. There is no shame in saying it.

But the cruelty of these people knows no bounds. They sit and wait for people to post like a bunch of spawn campers in Minecraft or Counterstrike. These are the guys, when you knock on the door at 3 am because the music is causing earthquakes and power-outages, and they say, "why so serious?" Their ability to rationalize anything, even life and death, is similar to every madman ever. These guys live in a fantasy they constructed of their own minds. Built themselves up to the point where there is no going back, well, outside complete control. They have built a house of ideocracy so enormous, that it collapsed under it's own weight. Imagine leveling a character for years to it's max at a real institution of knowledge and thought, such as the University of Arizona? Gods in their own minds.

I often wonder how come I only have 400 or so posts as I write this. I'm just a "junior" member after 10 years. Then I remember, I have a life, I have things to do. These guys live and breath these forums as if it's their lives. Much in common with hardcore gamers, they never know when to stop. If these guys were playing video games, they would be level 50+ in a day. Maybe they need an App to stop them from posting when they are too drunk or stupid, after all, there are apps to stop you from drunk texting. These guy's clearly live in a fantasy land of yesteryear constructed out of popular culture to which they take no breath away from. They submerge themselves into this dumbassery, only hoping to drag everyone under with them. Is it not telling that many of their "Super Mod's ended up choosing pictures from "The Revenge of the Nerds." 1984 calls and says, hello. I don't even remember it coming out, I always thought it was cheap way to make money.

Why is that still funny to them now, in 2014?
1) it's bigotry
2) we accept it as true

Does not the movie stereotype University of Arizona students into "eccentric nerds and drunk jocks?" That this is a bigoted view of the University of Arizona is no excuse. This is much like excusing the Redskins in their equally bigoted name. The difference is that the Redskins are a professional sports team - they pay their players to play. Outside of scholarships, we are not offered that same luxury. But isn't it telling, as you look at the COOP, that these Avatars form a flip book of sorts of Ogre drinking himself to death. That's telling. Is that the image of the University of Arizona we want to present to the World? Can't test that in a laboratory, but do we really want that experiment committed upon our future students and student athletes?

In many ways, Cloud Coo Coo land is a perfect description, because it shows you just how fickle and improbable it is - including it's residents. In this, they try to get you to enter their realm and be one of their little Unikitties too. Maybe with enough time, I'm sure Lewis Black would note, as improbable as it may seem, maybe you will become cool too... Don't do it. Don't join Valhalla with them. When they say there will be no rules, there always will be rules. Don't kid yourself bud. Rules they make up in their own gangster paradise. Why else come back to the forum and say you could become one of the "Supermods" too?

Nothing is off limits to these fools, except bursting their own bubbles. They don't really care how much damage they do, because it's all some big joke. Everything is terrible which offends them - but not you. They are always right - you are always wrong. They know everything - you know nothing. What makes them happy is always what's "cool." What makes them sad and frowny face, must be destroyed!!!!! No questions, no disagreement, no frowny faces, no new threads, no silly hats, no Candy Canes, no Santa Claus, no Hanukkah, no Kwanzaa, no trolls, no "organized" Religion, no science, no intelligent thought, no changing the subject, no violence, no break ins, no rape, no murder, no Communists, no Nazi's, no shame, and most importantly, no rules. The only thing consistent - is that they are completely inconsistent. Who do these guys really think they are? Do they really believe they are the Gods of Valhalla riding forth upon GOAZCAT to smite injustice? Who made them Princess Unikitty laying down the laws of right or wrong? Is that not the exact same thing they so vehemently claim to hate?

That it never ends for these fools speaks to their inability to grasp even basic concepts. Mental ingenuity is an ongoing issue with this group. They have the mental acrobatics of preschoolers, no offense to preschools and preschoolers everywhere. It doesn't matter who created the thread or why, but I take exception to the thread calling Miller's return to elite blood blue status, the Reconquista. Their inability to grasp the levels of detail of such a tragic event has not stopped them before. Once again, this shows they have no sensitivity for the countless Muslim lives lost during this event, among other victims. What is this forums obsession with blood blood anyway? Maybe once the Reconquista is complete and they have gained their blue blood, the Spanish Inquisition can begin? Perhaps they should instead get a job working to brand GM's latest new vehicle : Denial.

This type of idiocracy, bigotry, racism, baiting, and bullying behavior needs to end. It has no place here on these forums for the University of Arizona.

Standing up to bigotry is not bigotry. So in that, I applaud the Admin. Call it for what it is - stupid.

Internet bullies love using the anonymity of the internet. That is there best weapon. So here are some of the following names of bigots, racists, poseurs, and other nutcases that can't help themselves.

Chicat - Self admitted Nazi, Main Instigator
Bruins01 Self admitted Nazi, Likely Mentally Unstable
NorCalCat - Poseur, Anti-Religious Bigot, Likely Mentally Unstable
NYCat - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
AZgreg - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
Daryl Zero - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
Wyo-Cat - Anti-Religious Bigot
pokinmik - Anti-Religious Bigot
RichardCranium - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Intellectual
ghostwhitehorse - Anti-Semite, possible serious drug and alcohol abuse
Alieberman
LegallyKenny
ArzCatz3
JMJ
Junior
Killervibe
SanwhichGuy
Olsondogg
- Poseur, Phony
Catgrad97 - Poseur, Hates Tucson

"Why so serious?"
"It's just the interwebz, lolz." - Chicat

Well guys, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy the rest of the interwebz.

The rest of us? We have at least this small corner of the internet. We are perfectly content with the way things worked out.

But now these bigots and jokers want to troll the forums they claim to not need? Why should we put up with that? Enough is enough. I say end their accounts permanently. To say that video games don't teach us much about the World would be incorrect. They can actually teach us a great deal about ourselves, as well as society, Life, Death - and Justice. Much like a World of Warcraft GM, I would recommend these fools enjoy permadeath.

Delete their accounts completely. Identify their IP addresses so they don't create new socks. Remove them from the World of GOAZCATS forever. I would also recommend moving all the old bs to a sub forum for ancient history. Leaving opening threads around, that they created, is like living a wax museum, around with a bunch of signs that say - That way. Outside this thread, I'd leave nothing of them behind. Sometimes it's better to start off fresh anyway.

As for the board, it never changed. In fact, it's already cleaner now without half the garbage. Notice how these internet wanna-be's tried to trick everyone into thinking "the lights are out" and "no one is here." Clearly, these guys want everyone else to believe it. They just want to pull the wool over your eyes when anyone with a brain an clearly look below and see there may be more users online than ever - during the off season. Reality is never their friend, so I'm sure that just grinds their gears.

Me? I'm perfectly happy with how things worked out. What happens, happens. We have a chance for a real change now. I'm hopeful this can be a new beginning. I welcome real discussions and debate for a change. Maybe we will see other posters return who have long since held their tongue because they felt bullied too. If they felt that way, I encourage them to speak up. However, I know that these bullies continue to try to intimidate others who disagree, so I know that they need to be completely removed first.

What happens next? That's clearly in your hands. We have power of a precedent as a board to use it as leverage. If any of these fools read a lick of history, they would have known that too. But that's not really what it was about - they just wanted the whole Enchilada to themselves. What happens to these fools? Well, as any student of History will tell you, often history repeats in ironic ways. Everyone will either get tired of bullying, or be forced out of "the Forum for GOAZCATS", er ... The Co-op.

Why that changed?

*magic*

Because that's all these Jokers know. Magic. That's what Tricksters and Clowns do - Tricks and misdirection. Slight of hand. That's all they are. *Magic*

And who believes in that?

The reason we have Universities of learning and science is to dispel Magic. These guys are the ones living in a theater of the ancient past. So don't let the bigots and cyber-bullies win. Don't give into their warped mind games. Stand up and speak your mind. Don't be afraid to be yourself.

Isn't it great? Isn't it not great for the discussion to be free of such drivel that used to infect this site? Isn't it great to not have to be bullied for what you say or believe? Isn't it almost ... selfish? Counter to "common" belief, caring for yourself is not a sin in the Old Testament. In this way, Jokers try to make you feel ashamed of yourself for who you are, what you think, your understanding of the world, and most importantly - compassion for other people. After all, is not the best illusion, one that tries to render all you know about even life and death itself, to be false? And that's the first thing a real 5 Star Nazi needs you to do first, and foremost.

So, Remember the Titans. http://youtu.be/fqmlffA9U9s

And Remember you are what and who you are. Never let the bullies take that away from you.

So dance, and remember that at the end of the day, their song ends.

Now that's been said, I'm going to go dance and tell my boys how much I love them. For me, that's winning. Thank God.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

That guy is officially crazy as a rat in a tin shit house.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Catintheheat wrote:
Actually there was a big revision to the manifesto. A lot of time was spent on it. I can sum up all that text in 2 words. "Go Away" 4Life wants us to get lost with his slanderous text, which I think is funny and not to be taken seriously, even though he undoubtedly is serious. That's what makes it even funnier.
Honestly, I don't know how you can keep that straight. It's just a wall of bizarro to me.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm depressed. I realized that after reading that, I'm never gonna get those 2 minutes back...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dang i'm still not on it :(

phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Further proof that the admin at TOS doesn't give a rat's ass about the free boards...he's done nothing to stop 4life and his crazy train diatribe that is doing nothing but driving people AWAY from the site.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

phenom5 wrote:Further proof that the admin at TOS doesn't give a rat's ass about the free boards...he's done nothing to stop 4life and his crazy train diatribe that is doing nothing but driving people AWAY from the site.
and i posted my final posts there hours ago (i did basically the same thing that got sd86 banned, directly promoting this site) and i'm still not banned. somehow sd86 is still the only casualty of MAO.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

tucsonpaint (AKA Brooks' dad) was asking what happened.

We need to get him over here too.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm a religious bigot and anti Semite.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UAEebs86 wrote:tucsonpaint (AKA Brooks' dad) was asking what happened.

yeah that would be weird for some people. some people really only post from august/september until march/april then rarely come on in the offseason, probably don't even login for a week or two at a time. you login and it's a ghost town with only a few crazy hobos wandering the streets muttering to themselves left.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Just noticed Tucsonpaint is on the member list.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAEebs86 wrote:Just noticed Tucsonpaint is on the member list.
I just checked. Another group activated...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

cpt and mr bug just joined in the last hour as well.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:cpt and mr bug just joined in the last hour as well.
Somewhere in America, Beachcat just came.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

azgreg wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how I'm a religious bigot and anti Semite.
That's why I said the manifesto was slanderous. If he would just stop acting obsessed about others and just post, we'd soon move on. Instead he's torturing me with laughter because of his non-stop diatribe. I can't help but be transfixed wondering what's going to come out of his deranged mind. Half the time he makes no sense. He's at the level of Jessie in this manner. Just enough to be entertaining.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER! wrote:

yeah that would be weird for some people. some people really only post from august/september until march/april then rarely come on in the offseason, probably don't even login for a week or two at a time. you login and it's a ghost town with only a few crazy hobos wandering the streets muttering to themselves left.
So you're saying TOS is Downtown Vegas? :)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Catintheheat wrote:
azgreg wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how I'm a religious bigot and anti Semite.
That's why I said the manifesto was slanderous. If he would just stop acting obsessed about others and just post, we'd soon move on. Instead he's torturing me with laughter because of his non-stop diatribe. I can't help but be transfixed wondering what's going to come out of his deranged mind. Half the time he makes no sense. He's at the level of Jessie in this manner. Just enough to be entertaining.
He really dislikes Chicat...or at least thinks he's a Nazi.

Although, I am Ace Ventura...Percy Detective
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

yes haha.

people in tucson will get this one..anyone left on TOS is basically bag man on campbell.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

So you're saying Machina loves TOS now?
-JB
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I just read that rant in sections. My add/ alzheimers prevents me from digesting the whole text in one reading. There is a nugget of valid point in his entire otherwise certifiable rant, which is people on Internet message boards often engage in holier-than-thou ism. The deconstruction and reconstruction of individual phrases and even words in a single post are not uncommon. I offered up a nugget of info I had heard from the closest damn thing to the only source that mattered on Nick deciding to go pro and got called a child, a sock, etc. But that's just part of the deal on message boards, and our more laid back Arizona boards are considerably friendlier than the boards of fan bases east and southward. I wish people were less snark and full of their online persona than is common on most message boards, but the level of attack on goazcats was about a 3 on the obligatory scale of 11.

If my peanut gallery advice means anything to the good people who hope to grow this board, I would just offer one item: be careful not to become a class system/clique that pats itself on the back too much for this rather impressive move. I have just caught it in bits and pieces...a "no one important isn't here" comment or similar sentiments. You guys actually did it and showed the community is bigger than the URL (that is a great takeaway from all of this) and made a new home on the strength of the collective. Each new member feeling their way around has the potential to be the 2017 salim'sheadband (my personal favorite poster) .

I don't mean any undue criticism with my post. I am really floored at just how strong this whole thing has been. Just one thought from an interested participant/observer
Last edited by EVCat on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

^^^^I like that post.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Great post EV, thanks for contributing your observations.

I share your perspective.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Evcat, can we just stick with an ordinary caste system, where ASU fans are untouchables?

I've always thought the talk about people who are important was about getting contributors to the old site over, not that new posters wouldn't be welcomed. Actively growing the site would be great, it's just hard at this point. We have some new people joining, have mostly seen them on the FB board.

I'm no one important, but I'd figure all ideas to expand membership would be welcomed.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Definitely agree.

There's always an inferential hierarchy based upon popularity, but for the leaders this first year, it should be about track-record, dedication, ability to manage fairly, vision.

When elect mods/admins, not just what they have done good but what they haven't done in the name of popularity should be considered.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Great post Ev - would give you rep if we had rep in this shithole
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Umm...I believe you mean echo chamer shithole.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

we'll all go back when football season starts etc.. etc..

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It was just about a failed upgrade and hurt feelings...poor communication. Thats all.

Dear Leader MAO is always right. Here let me lay my flowers.

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

phenom5 wrote:Umm...I believe you mean echo chamer shithole.
I think you mean chamBer, fucko! We gotta step this shit up!

Hey! I hope 4Life doesn't see this post, lest I be labeled a grammar (wait for it...) nazi!
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

Alieberman wrote:Great post Ev - would give you rep if we had rep in this shithole
Here is some fakey-fake rep you can cash in later.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

JMarkJohns wrote:

Hey! I hope 4Life doesn't see this post, lest I be labeled a grammar (wait for it...) nazi!
:o :shock: :lol:
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Olsondogg wrote:He really dislikes Chicat...or at least thinks he's a Nazi.
The dude said much worse about me here, calling me a Nazi and comparing me to Elliot Rodger.

Considering about half my family tree was killed in concentration camps and i have a close family friend who moved out of the Alpha Phi house in December, a few months before Rodger tried to force himself into it the night of his rampage, I find those accusations considerably disgusting.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

phenom5 wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:

:o :shock: :lol:
All in good fun. ;)
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Of course. I don't take this stuff serious. I'm such a joker.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gosh, so I'm a self-admitted Nazi? I'll have to check my posts because I could have sworn I signed up for Jainism.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Gosh, so I'm a self-admitted Nazi? I'll have to check my posts because I could have sworn I signed up for Jainism.
That was it!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

GOAZCATS.com A few notes regarding the boards
As it has been said numerous times we messed up and understand why people are upset and why people want to leave. However, for those people who want to leave, then leave and move on. There is no reason to come to this forum promoting other sites, advocating that people here should leave, PM'ing other users and telling them to leave, etc.

Not that we want people to leave, but if you're moving on to another site then just do it and be done with it. Of course we are going to ban people who blatantly spam our users for another site (whether its UA related, video games, porn, or whatever), we have never allowed others to spam the boards in promotion of another site. This should not be a surprise to people.

We certainly want long time posters and well respected UA fans like AZCAT49, Chicat, Merkin, NYCats, Gladiator, NorCalCat, Catgrad97 and many others to stay, but if they want to move on then that's their decision and hopefully people can go to the site they prefer and leave it at that.

One thing that needs to be pointed out: we did not try and upgrade the site in order to drive people away with some master plan to kill the site and get everyone to premium. If that was the plan we could have just done that and not upgraded the server, paid for the latest vBulletin software, and then taken the effort to restore the forums. We could have just closed the boards and moved to premium. We tried, it was a technical disaster, it is a lot more complicated then people realize, and vBulletin support did not help much.

If anything, it should show that we do in fact care about these forums. It would be a lot easier to just shut down the forums and move the platform to Rivals.com message boards and have free boards there, but we do want to keep these forums online and do want people to be here and participate in the community.

For those who think the free boards being slower is hurting subs and we are reeling because people have left and begging for people to come back - that goes against everything we have said in the past and are being criticized for (that the free boards users are not subscribers and do not convert to subscribers pretty much no matter what we do to advocate premium like $99 in gear for a subscription, content, videos, etc.). The reason we want people to be here and be a part of the community here is because we care about its history and what it has meant to so many UA fans.

Bottom line, we understand users are upset because we have not given enough control or power to those on the board, lack of communication, and a drive for premium. As has been stated before, first and foremost we are a business and as a result we need to generate revenue. Our only real and practical way to do that is through subscriptions, therefore we focus our efforts on subscriptions - that's the model whether you think it's good or bad. We have tried to be honest and up front about this, but if the users on the board want to know if these boards are still a "priority" or important to us, the answer is yes. Otherwise we could have just closed them. We still will put a lot of effort in trying to make this forum better both technically and community setup.

There will be those who say too little, too late and that is fine, but as many would probably agree, the whole point of UA fan forums is to have a UA based fan community. So if it's here or another forum, no problem. We can't win with either way with many of you; we say we don't care about having you stay here and move on if you want and people say we don't care. We say we care and want people here and people say we are desperate, feeling the heat and are begging for users.

Really more of the point is: a. we screwed up. b if you want to stay or give GOAZCATS.com another chance we will do all we can to make the community better c. if you want to leave and no longer want to be a part of this site, cool... just move on then.

We will never give full control of this site to other people, but we are willing and open to making some changes. If you like it, then let's hear what you want. If you don't, no worries.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So Percy points him to his manifesto. :lol:

And silvestrefelem, the poster who wanted to pay for the upgrade over there, posts this:

So who exactly is gone? I'm sure everyone will come back when the season starts. I have been trolling this site for a while, and people are not very active around this time.

I beat Chiefzona and others are getting ready for the world cup.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-JB