The Random Thoughts Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Chicat »

I’m thinking of becoming a heroin addict.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:I’m thinking of becoming a heroin addict.

Make sure your dealer practices good social distancing.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:I’m thinking of becoming a heroin addict.

Make sure your dealer practices good social distancing.
Are you volunteering?

I’d prefer to get it in the mail. Or thrown at me from a distance...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I went on a walk this morning for the first time, and I was like, "Holy shit! I'm in Arizona. It's fucking beautiful here."

There was sunshine and mountains and citrus trees and cactuses and lizards and birds.

I had honestly forgotten I was in a place.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

There's a 3 hour trail just behind our house. This is our daily therapy lifeline. We're irritated and grumpy when we start and we're damn near normal upon return. Normal is beginning to become underrated.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
cpt

Post by cpt »

What fast food restaurant makes you have to take a dump the fastest after eating it? For me it’s Chipotle. I sometimes have to take a dump if I just walk by that place and smell it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

cpt wrote:What fast food restaurant makes you have to take a dump the fastest after eating it? For me it’s Chipotle. I sometimes have to take a dump if I just walk by that place and smell it.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
cpt

Post by cpt »

UAEebs86 wrote:
cpt wrote:What fast food restaurant makes you have to take a dump the fastest after eating it? For me it’s Chipotle. I sometimes have to take a dump if I just walk by that place and smell it.

That's awesome. I sometimes forget how great South Park is.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Never had this happen to me and I eat a lot of fast food. Maybe that’s why? But damn, the second I walk into a bookstore I instantaneously have to take a massive dump. I think maybe it started from squatting down to browse the bottom shelf. But now it’s a conditioned behavior. Just the smell of newly printed books is enough to send me on a furious search for the nearest restroom.
George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
Never had this happen to me and I eat a lot of fast food. Maybe that’s why? But damn, the second I walk into a bookstore I instantaneously have to take a massive dump. I think maybe it started from squatting down to browse the bottom shelf. But now it’s a conditioned behavior. Just the smell of newly printed books is enough to send me on a furious search for the nearest restroom.

I got news for you, if it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books.

They're selling coffee, bran muffins... you're surrounded by reading material... It's entrapment!

Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

George Costanza is the sock no one knew we desperately needed at this moment in time.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lmfao no kidding.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

as someone who no longer has a gallbladder all fast food makes me regret it within 20 minutes
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Steak & Shake, which I’m guessing is just a midwest thing?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Steak & Shake, which I’m guessing is just a midwest thing?
Since so many people in Arizona are from Chicago, they talk about it all the time like it's the most amazing culinary experience of their lives.

What's up with table service in a fast food restaurant?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Never been in a Steak and Shake. Am I missing anything?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:Never been in a Steak and Shake. Am I missing anything?
I think it's somewhere between Jack-in-the-Box and Burger King, but with a high school waitress who takes your order at your table, and a much worse aesthetic.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote:
I think it's somewhere between Jack-in-the-Box and Burger King, but with a high school waitress who takes your order at your table, and a much worse aesthetic.
I pictured a Johnny Rockets with steaks instead of burgers.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The runs.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
I pictured a Johnny Rockets with steaks instead of burgers.
The steaks are the burgers, and Johnny Rockets is better by so many magnitudes, scientists get confused because they know Johnny Rockets isn't very good, either.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
OMFG! I had to read your post to my wife because she has to deal with this happening to me every damn time. It's almost instantaneous and relentless. I thought I was the only one. Sob! I'm not alone!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:
OMFG! I had to read your post to my wife because she has to deal with this happening to me every damn time. It's almost instantaneous and relentless. I thought I was the only one. Sob! I'm not alone!
Oh, no, no, no. Let's get this straight. I'm in the club, and I know many others that are, too. The problem is: e-books don't work. It has to be actual books. And your own bookshelves lose the magic over time. We need bookstores. So during the pandemic, we need to get ourselves to the drugstore and stock up on milk of magnesia.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Now that's how you take a damn nap.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Let the day drinking begin!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:Let the day drinking begin!
I’m 8 hours ahead of you.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

the toy that revealed the face of dr. claw is an abomination
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

During this current lockdown economic shitstorm I'm going to adopt the Republican mindset and ignore data. I'm not going to weigh myself and I'm not going to check on my stock portfolio.

Mission Accomplished!

~ Wilhoit's Law
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Can you ever really add too many sun-dried tomatoes to your salad?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:Can you ever really add too many sun-dried tomatoes to your salad?
Yes. One is too many.

I hate sun-dried tomatoes. The skins are tough and the whole thing is tasteless.

Gimme FRESH tomatoes, properly ripened, in a salad if you please.

And you know those tomatoes that have been bread for thick tough skins so they can be shipped but are tasteless and have no nutritional value what-so-ever? I say avoid them like the plague.

Grow your own if you have to (cherry tomatoes are especially easy to grow massive quantities of), but we have to send a message that we are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it any more!
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

RichardCranium wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:Can you ever really add too many sun-dried tomatoes to your salad?
Yes. One is too many.

I hate sun-dried tomatoes. The skins are tough and the whole thing is tasteless.

Gimme FRESH tomatoes, properly ripened, in a salad if you please.
Are we talking about the same food? :?:

And nothing wrong with having sun-dried AND juicy fresh tomatoes in the same salad. No need for anti-miscegenation laws in the salad bowl.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sun dried tomatoes are flavorless? What about raisins?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Notes to self:

1. Don't get on the scale.
2. Don't check portfolio prices.
3. Don't go back to slash and burn comment posting on The Hill. Going full libtard on the morons may be fun but it's not good for ones health.

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Longhorned wrote:Sun dried tomatoes are flavorless? What about raisins?
You got me there. What about raisins?

Last time I checked raisins are made out of grapes (also currants) and sun dried tomatoes are made out of, um..., oh yeah..., tomatoes!
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Adjusted my miles driven per year on my car insurance and saved $35/month. Highly recommend, especially for those working from home.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

In the moment of Covid-19 hoarding olive oil is waaaay more important than toilet paper. America has its priorities up its ass.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:In the moment of Covid-19 hoarding olive oil is waaaay more important than toilet paper. America has its priorities up its ass.
Apologies to all: I have three 1-liter bottles. I didn't mean to hoard. I just kept forgetting I already bought a bottle.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have an about 2 liter bottle of the Kirkland organic olive oil. It's pretty amazing for the price.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:In the moment of Covid-19 hoarding olive oil is waaaay more important than toilet paper. America has its priorities up its ass.
Apologies to all: I have three 1-liter bottles. I didn't mean to hoard. I just kept forgetting I already bought a bottle.
You're going to hell, and it's all because you spurn the values that make America great. I applaud your depravity.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

scumdevils86 wrote:I have an about 2 liter bottle of the Kirkland organic olive oil. It's pretty amazing for the price.
You're no better, probably even worse. You're one of my few heroes.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

My new favorite olive oil is the Whole Foods all-California one.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

There’s been a run in garlic.

I guess people are now worried about vampires.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Thankfully I stocked up on bacon last Saturday.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Also it’s pretty impressive how much weight one can put on after three days of wine and good food.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Merkin wrote:Thankfully I stocked up on bacon last Saturday.

Probably a discussion for the other board, but isn’t this guy implying that “these people throttling the economy” are at fault for the closing of this plant? Which was closed because of Covid-19 cases?!
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:

Probably a discussion for the other board, but isn’t this guy implying that “these people throttling the economy” are at fault for the closing of this plant? Which was closed because of Covid-19 cases?!
Yes, it’s interesting.

Perhaps they’re implying that, having all been infected, they would’ve all kept working (?) and died one by one on the line(?).

At which time I assume the plant closes. Or you have one of the toughest career days ever looking for new employees. “Yes you’ll die on the job. But who really cares what might happen some weeks from now when you’re old and grey???”
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

SCCats wrote:
ByJoveByJingle wrote:

Yes, it’s interesting.

Perhaps they’re implying that, having all been infected, they would’ve all kept working (?) and died one by one on the line(?).

At which time I assume the plant closes. Or you have one of the toughest career days ever looking for new employees. “Yes you’ll die on the job. But who really cares what might happen some weeks from now when you’re old and grey???”
If this was Westworld, the all-knowing computer "Rehoboam" would have everybody blissfully ignorant of their limitations and pre-destined outcomes... COVID just got here too soon!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Don't all true preppers love bacon? Something must be worshiped while waiting out the holocaust.

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ve taken up the baritone ukulele. Got it yesterday and I already know two songs.

I feel like a master of the universe.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:I’ve taken up the baritone ukulele. Got it yesterday and I already know two songs.

I feel like a master of the universe.
Hotel California and Shake It Off?