Midtown Tucson Murder

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Midtown Tucson Murder

Post by UAdevil »

https://tucson.com/news/local/crime-and ... e-trending

Tucson police seek white car in midtown shooting death of UA graduate

No motive yet. Just looks like a guy taking an afternoon walk in his neighborhood got shot and killed in broad daylight. This is 4 blocks from us and we walk in the area every other night. They're looking for a white sedan with sun roof. I swear I've seen it in our hood lately. Seemingly random killings like this freak me out.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Re: Midtown Tucson Murder

Post by Alieberman »

I used to to live right around there many years ago.

Scary shit
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

WTF? This is crazy.

That’s not some bad ghetto neighborhood.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah that's a mostly student house neighborhood like a half mile from campus
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

About 10 minutes after my post I saw a car drive up 1st Ave by my house going north toward Grant Rd that matched the description exactly. I tried to get a better look but the car hauled ass away when they saw me checking them out. I called 88-crime. They found the car after a short chase at Grant/Park. I hope they got the culprit. Don't know if my tip helped, but it looked suspicious
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:58 pm About 10 minutes after my post I saw a car drive up 1st Ave by my house going north toward Grant Rd that matched the description exactly. I tried to get a better look but the car hauled ass away when they saw me checking them out. I called 88-crime. They found the car after a short chase at Grant/Park. I hope they got the culprit. Don't know if my tip helped, but it looked suspicious
Nice job!

The car chase was the car you saw? That's nerve wrecking that it was still in the same neighborhood
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Pretty sure it was the car. They got them 10 minutes later up the street in front on the Grant/Park CVS.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

https://www.kold.com/2021/05/03/tucson- ... e-midtown/

UPDATE: Police believe they found suspect vehicle in deadly midtown shooting
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Good looking out Ron!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Wow, a real life McDuff in our mists.

Way to take a bite out of crime!
George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

UAdevil wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:24 pm Pretty sure it was the car. They got them 10 minutes later up the street in front on the Grant/Park CVS.
Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

j/k well done!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This is thread is top 2 crazy, along with scumdevils typing madly into the internets as a cop shot a guy in the head outside his hotel window.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) - Authorities have arrested a man and three juveniles after stopping a vehicle connected to a May 1 homicide in Tucson.

The TPD said Diaz-Casales, 18, and the minors were arrested Thursday, May 6 after a short vehicle and foot chase.

They were in a white four-door car that was wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of David Scott Anderson five days earlier.

A resident tipped officers off about the location of the vehicle, the TPD said in a news release. Officers caught up with the vehicle near Speedway and Wilson Avenue and tried to pull it over.

The TPD said Diaz-Casales was the driver and refused to stop.

8-)
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Awesome Ron. Not all heroes wear capes.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:59 am TUCSON, Ariz. (KOLD News 13) -

A resident tipped officers off about the location of the vehicle, the TPD said in a news release.
"TPD would not identify this heroic resident, instead referred to him as UADEVIL"

Seriously... this is amazing Ron.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

But seriously, good job and I'm glad they caught em!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The heroism, the timing, the human element.... Amazing work UAdevil!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

UAdevil helped catch the bad guys, and thank god the UA President and AD didn’t get involved.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

https://www.kold.com/2021/05/03/tucson- ... e-midtown/

UPDATE: Teen charged in connection with fatal shooting of David Scott Anderson
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Congratulations UAdevil! You rightly should take a great deal of satisfaction from this outcome. Way to Bear Down.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I'm just glad he's off the fucking street in an area we walk daily. Scary stuff.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAdevil wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 pm I'm just glad he's off the fucking street in an area we walk daily. Scary stuff.
Plus you have a sweet little cocktail party story that will have panties dropping all over the room.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I have question about the Tucson PD, or maybe police practices generally. Let me know if this story sounds normal or weird.

I'm driving behind a motorcycle, and a car pulls into the intersection and collides with the motorcycle. Before my wife can dial 911 - miracle of miracles! - a police car turns into the intersection because it just happened to be immediately behind the car that collided with the motorcycle. Suddenly, there's a uniformed officer standing in the intersection over the body of the motorcyclist. And there's a plainclothes man directing traffic, in familiar communication with the uniformed officer while he does so.

I don't know whether both of these dudes came out of the squad car, or whether the plainclothes guy came out of the car that collided with the motorcycle. There was definitely someone still in the driver's seat in the car that crashed.

I go to turn into the parking lot at the intersection to offer a witness account, and the plainclothes guy signals me not to and aggressively directs me to turn right past the body in the road and drive away.

So I call the police on the phone to offer me and my wife's eyewitness account, and they direct me to a voicemail. An officer from TUPD calls me back today and asks me if I have a report number. I said no, we were directed away from the scene of the accident when it was clear that we were witnesses. So the officer on the phone says that, without a report number, there's no way to connect my verbal account with any particular accident. I said it was the only motorcycle crash at 22nd and Swan at 6 pm on June 5. She said there's no record of any such accident if I don't have a record number, and thank you for calling, but this inquiry is now resolved and closed. Goodbye.

The fuck? When did TUPD become so powerless, incurious, and information-poor?

Is it paranoid of me to suddenly wonder if the car that hit the motorcyclist was with the police car immediately behind him? And that maybe there could be a police connection with the vehicle that's at risk of fault?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Sounds like a police cover up to me
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Longhorned wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:23 pm I have question about the Tucson PD, or maybe police practices generally. Let me know if this story sounds normal or weird.

I'm driving behind a motorcycle, and a car pulls into the intersection and collides with the motorcycle. Before my wife can dial 911 - miracle of miracles! - a police car turns into the intersection because it just happened to be immediately behind the car that collided with the motorcycle. Suddenly, there's a uniformed officer standing in the intersection over the body of the motorcyclist. And there's a plainclothes man directing traffic, in familiar communication with the uniformed officer while he does so.

I don't know whether both of these dudes came out of the squad car, or whether the plainclothes guy came out of the car that collided with the motorcycle. There was definitely someone still in the driver's seat in the car that crashed.

I go to turn into the parking lot at the intersection to offer a witness account, and the plainclothes guy signals me not to and aggressively directs me to turn right past the body in the road and drive away.

So I call the police on the phone to offer me and my wife's eyewitness account, and they direct me to a voicemail. An officer from TUPD calls me back today and asks me if I have a report number. I said no, we were directed away from the scene of the accident when it was clear that we were witnesses. So the officer on the phone says that, without a report number, there's no way to connect my verbal account with any particular accident. I said it was the only motorcycle crash at 22nd and Swan at 6 pm on June 5. She said there's no record of any such accident if I don't have a record number, and thank you for calling, but this inquiry is now resolved and closed. Goodbye.

Is it paranoid of me to suddenly wonder if the car that hit the motorcyclist was with the police car immediately behind him? And that maybe there could be a police connection with the vehicle that's at risk of fault?
IMNSHO, I think this account warrants a letter to the editor of local media!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

My roommate from nau moved to LA Reserve back in the 90s. He worked for the DEA. His house was burglarized while he was on vacation and he told me the police totally screwed up the investigation. He couldn't believe how bad they screwed it up. On the other hand, I have been burglarized twice and we caught the dumbasses both times.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

pc in NM wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:03 am
Longhorned wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:23 pm I have question about the Tucson PD, or maybe police practices generally. Let me know if this story sounds normal or weird.

IMNSHO, I think this account warrants a letter to the editor of local media!
But the weird thing is that the accident isn't reported in the local media, either. Normally it is by the next day, with the names of those people involved. If I had the names, that would make it harder for TUPD to be unable to look up the accident in question. What's Up Tucson tweeted it with a photo of the wreckage (thanks UAEebs86 - I found it), but otherwise it doesn't exist. If there continues to be no media report.... Thank goodness my wife and Twitter can confirm I didn't hallucinate the whole gruesome experience.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Doing a Google search for: tucson motorcycle accident 2021

Turns up a crazy number of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tucson+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

That is definitely strange. Witnesses make all the difference since police only show up if there's an injury or vehicles blocking traffic. They no longer allow parties to exchange info and rarely investigate and cite anyone. Police Reports take over a month to show up online and that's if there were no fatalities. Getting a report # is basically worthless for the next 30 days. Demand you get a plate #, name or insurance info before they leave the scene.

Social media has been more helpful lately. I am still waiting on a report from May 5 for our client who is lucky to be alive. We still have no clue who hit him. I found a video of the accident on Citizen so at least we know what type of truck we are looking for. If there is no name or plate # on the police report we have no one to go after. He was not at fault and we paid out $18K for his truck and his wrist is broken and finger tip was cut off. More bills coming.

Word of advice if you are ever in an accident, immediately take a photo of their license plate and get witness contact info. Then worry about getting their insurance info, drivers license, contact info, etc. I've had 2 hit and runs since last Weds. One client was trapped under downed power lines and couldn't pursue the car that took off.

You would also be shocked at how insurance companies are determining fault these days. They completely ignore recorded statements and will side with their client unless there is a 3rd party witness. They are also splitting fault into percentages now. Im not talking 50/50 and each party fixes their own damage. They have somehow come up with 65/35 and 70/30 fault on some accidents where its clear it should be 100/0. Its unbelievable how claims depts are operating these days, anything to save a buck and deny coverage.