Uber

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Uber

Post by ASUHATER! »

great taxi app right?

apparently cab drivers in europe really hate it. this seems like great pub for uber though. cab drivers in london (probably the biggest and most professional cab network in the world) went on strike because of uber's...well existence. they don't like it. uber says it's the best marketing they've ever had since they get all the business now.

http://screenrobot.com/taxi-drivers-bri ... -row-uber/
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Re: Uber

Post by Chicat »

American cab drivers don't like it either.

They're pushing Chicago to regulate Uber the same way they do cab companies but the city has held off so far.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
wooha

Post by wooha »

Uber is a life saver in San Francisco. I love it. Screw taxis… They're more expensive and less convenient 95% of the time.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

wooha wrote:Uber is a life saver in San Francisco. I love it. Screw taxis… They're more expensive and less convenient 95% of the time.
although the last time i was in phoenix, sd86 and i and a friend used uber...driver was some girl that had no idea where anything was (we were trying to go from the biltmore to some dive bar in east scottsdale) and we were drunk and not paying attention (we were at i-10 and ray road before we noticed) and it ended up being a $120 ride when it should've been $40. if we hadn't said anything the girl would've driven to tucson thinking she was in scottsdale.

wooha

Post by wooha »

ASUHATER! wrote:
wooha wrote:Uber is a life saver in San Francisco. I love it. Screw taxis… They're more expensive and less convenient 95% of the time.
although the last time i was in phoenix, sd86 and i and a friend used uber...driver was some girl that had no idea where anything was (we were trying to go from the biltmore to some dive bar in east scottsdale) and we were drunk and not paying attention (we were at i-10 and ray road before we noticed) and it ended up being a $120 ride when it should've been $40. if we hadn't said anything the girl would've driven to tucson thinking she was in scottsdale.
Yeah you do have to be wary of uberX drivers not really knowing where they're going. Some of them have flat out asked for an address to plug it into their GPS or asked for verbal directions along the way. The black cars are usually pretty solid though - at least they are in SF.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I love it. I can go nearly anywhere I want near my place in SD for a $7 uber rider (downtown excluding). I have used Lyft as well, just as convenient, but seemed a little more expensive.

Definitely do not take the Uber SUV unless you are splitting the cost or not going that far. Racked up an $75 ride going 10 miles.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

TucsonClip wrote:I love it. I can go nearly anywhere I want near my place in SD for a $7 uber rider (downtown excluding). I have used Lyft as well, just as convenient, but seemed a little more expensive.

Definitely do not take the Uber SUV unless you are splitting the cost or not going that far. Racked up an $75 ride going 10 miles.
yea my little adventure was in an suv...i had no idea there was a difference. just thought whoever was available came.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Went to drinks last night with a client who told me that last weekend he and his girlfriend used UberX to go 5 blocks because it was piss-down raining and when they got to his house the driver demanded cash. When they refused (because with Uber the payments are automatic?) the driver punched him three times and then kicked him in the leg a few more times for good measure.

So then everyone was swapping UberX horror stories of people not knowing where they were going, sketchy drivers, and one girl who was molested by her driver. Fun times...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Bruins02

Post by Bruins02 »

The drivers are individually identified, tracked via gps, have to pass background checks, and can be fired immediately if a severe customer complaint happens. Also any driver who's rating drops below a 4 star rating goes before a review to see if they'll be fired
Chicat

Post by Chicat »