TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

FreeSpiritCat

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

That was brilliant JMJ. We do have ALL the bargaining power. ALL! We have the ability to do anything we want. That post will bring MAO to his knees. If he doesn't capitulate his site is done. Wow! I can't believe the speed this is happening.

Surrender or die!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Catintheheat wrote:That was brilliant JMJ. We do have ALL the bargaining power. ALL! We have the ability to do anything we want. That post will bring MAO to his knees. If he doesn't capitulate his site is done. Wow! I can't believe the speed this is happening.

Surrender or die!
yeah but at this point none of us should care if he capitulates and gives into all of our demands...it just doesn't matter since we have this site now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Put JMJ's post on TOS's tombstone.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:That was brilliant JMJ. We do have ALL the bargaining power. ALL! We have the ability to do anything we want. That post will bring MAO to his knees. If he doesn't capitulate his site is done. Wow! I can't believe the speed this is happening.

Surrender or die!
yeah but at this point none of us should care if he capitulates and gives into all of our demands...it just doesn't matter since we have this site now.
I highly doubt MAO will budge anyway. What makes JMJ's ultimatum even more brilliant is it's a PR move too. It's a beacon for anyone left to abandon ship. We will have everyone except for a few crazies, who we don't want anyway.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

"3000" people 'online' yet this place is busier heh.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

TOS.

heh.

Not ARIZONA good.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

well...we better all stay committed to this site and I hope no one ever goes back to TOS. I was banned from TOS so I want this to be my home now!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If there was ever a time to get rid of Scum, this is the time...everyone, swim back to the ship...the rouse worked!!!
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Olsondogg wrote:If there was ever a time to get rid of Scum, this is the time...everyone, swim back to the ship...the rouse worked!!!
Gawd, that took forever!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Katzenfreund wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Kind of creepy that my Private Messages got turned off. Makes you wonder if somebody's reading them.
MAO keeps turning off my invisible browsing mode. I'd say, the best way for a successful reconciliation is to act like a petty little bitch.
It's hilarious that over the course of three weeks MAO went from absentee slumlord to the old coot who lives downstairs from you, going through your mail, and knocking a broom handle against the ceiling, screaming "keep it down up there!" every time you get up from the couch to use the bathroom.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

If MAO could sent up a Deer Blind in TOS's garage to hole up in with a rifle and wait for the "exiles" who come by to lurk; he'd leave that purse on the sidewalk with a trail of money indoors.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:If there was ever a time to get rid of Scum, this is the time...everyone, swim back to the ship...the rouse worked!!!
I fucking knew it!!! :lol:
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

The point of the post is we offer free labor, free money, free resources, free vision.

If he opts not, then he was never gonna do shit.

It sucks.

But this place is damn near as good already in 8 days.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Katzenfreund wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Kind of creepy that my Private Messages got turned off. Makes you wonder if somebody's reading them.
MAO keeps turning off my invisible browsing mode. I'd say, the best way for a successful reconciliation is to act like a petty little bitch.
It's hilarious that over the course of three weeks MAO went from absentee slumlord to the old coot who lives downstairs from you, going through your mail, and knocking a broom handle against the ceiling, screaming "keep it down up there!" every time you get up from the couch to use the bathroom.
As well as locking the tenants out that screamed "yo, rent is free over here too"...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Well, I posted over there for the first time in a week, but only about why I wasn't interested in returning. That's basically the only thing happening there too. Discussing how bad it is.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Since his we want you back post, nothing.

Well, maybe not nothing. In 24 hours they've increased by 3500 "active members".

You know, the invisible, silent types of posters that don't rock the sinking ship.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There's probably a few people in this world, maybe three max, who are watching us and waiting for us to hit some kind of technical glitch, perhaps a maxing out of our server space, and to laugh at our sinking ship and our hubristic attempt to find our own nation. Those three people should know that we know about that moment, and it's part of the plan. It's a part of migration. Ships sink, but when the issue is digital data rather than an ocean, it isn't fatal.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

JMarkJohns wrote:Since his we want you back post, nothing.

Well, maybe not nothing. In 24 hours they've increased by 3500 "active members".

You know, the invisible, silent types of posters that don't rock the sinking ship.

The user names of their fake new members have an awfully similar formatting convention to the spammer accounts seen here over the weekend. :shock:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Thought crossed my mind. Look at the email addresses as well.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:Since his we want you back post, nothing.

The user names of their fake new members have an awfully similar formatting convention to the spammer accounts seen here over the weekend. :shock:
So there have been more than 1 spammer accounts attempted to be set up here?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chi deleted one with a similar name style. Within 24 hours there were 4/5 new account registrations with similar styles/emails.
3dmk

Post by 3dmk »

Alieberman wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:My aim is to have transparency. I don't think you can ask for money without it.
I agree.

And I don't know jack shit about the message board industry, but $4000 / year sounds a bit steep for what we want it to do... doesn't it?
These numbers include support for redundancy and supporting scale when under heavy load. I have worked on AWS stacks that cost 5 and 6 figures each month. This is actually on the low side compared to many other hosting solutions available.

Example: 2 dedicated servers which locks you down to a specific capacity without scale and limited options for redundancy can set you back approx. 500/m or 6k/y. This could be a fixed cost and it leaves you with little room to reduce costs.

AWS using the same level of services allows you to roll down to a cost below 200/m in low times, 350/m under heavier load, and even more if major events occur that you may not prepared for otherwise. It takes more experience to dynamically scale based on load, but the cost reductions are great.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Why is it so goddamn difficult to cancel premium over there? I'm starting to think it might be easier to just cancel the credit card they auto bill to.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

legallykenny wrote:Why is it so goddamn difficult to cancel premium over there? I'm starting to think it might be easier to just cancel the credit card they auto bill to.
What about complaining to your credit card that Rivals won't cancel the service? Wouldn't the credit card treat the subscription like a bad product and stop charging you while they investigate, with their investigation doing all the hard work for you and getting the subscription cancelled?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Here's a quick rundown of how I cancelled GoAZCats Premium:

"Thank you for calling Rivals customer service, how may I help you?"
"I'd like to cancel my premium membership to GoAZCats. My username is C-H-I-C-A-T."
"Ok sir, let me take a look. It looks as though you've got our yearly membership and with all of the great coverage we have coming up..."
"Cancel"
"Yes sir, with all of the great coverage..."
"Cancel"
"Yes, well as I was saying,..."
"Cancel"
"You see..."
"CANCEL"
"Sir..."
"CANCEL! CANCEL IT! I DON'T WANT IT! IT SUCKS! CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP NOW!"
"Ok sir, let me take care of that for you."
"Now was that so hard?"
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ANGCatFan

Post by ANGCatFan »

It is not hard, just specific. The only way to cancel is calling the rivals/yahoo number listed at the site during their weekday business hours. (1-866-274-8257) (M-F, 8 am - 8 pm CST). Once you have dialed 1-866-2-RIVALS, press option "3" for billing inquiries. Cancellation requests cannot be processed through email.

Be specific in return. Tell them you are canceling because of the mis-management of GOAZCATS.com. The most important thing about the call is that you impact MAO's bottom-line while letting his bosses know his site is failing.

Make the call.

UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I cancelled by not updating my credit card with them after it expired.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
jollything

Post by jollything »

That call to cancel was brutal.

I want to cancel premium
may i ask why
lack of coverage, lack of board activity
what if i offered you a free month
no, just cancel
two months
Cancel
three months?
No, I want to cancel now
we can do 6 months
Would you cancel the damn thing already I dont want it anymore
yes sir
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

UAdevil wrote:I cancelled by not updating my credit card with them after it expired.
This is how I did mine - though it's been well over a year ago.

These conversations are cracking me up though.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

how do you even find out what credit card you have on file with them? there is literally no where on their website where you can see details of your account or subscription
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

jollything wrote:
I want to cancel premium
may i ask why
no, just cancel
two months
Cancel
three months?
No, I want to cancel now
we can do 6 months
yes sir
Well there's one poet on this site on his way to a Nobel Prize for Literature.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Someone needs to start posting at TOS, Percy is getting lonely
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Alieberman wrote:Someone needs to start posting at TOS, Percy is getting lonely
Where are his 4 friends to help him post?
jollything

Post by jollything »

Longhorned wrote:
jollything wrote:
I want to cancel premium
may i ask why
no, just cancel
two months
Cancel
three months?
No, I want to cancel now
we can do 6 months
yes sir
Well there's one poet on this site on his way to a Nobel Prize for Literature.
Thanks?
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Percy and 4Life.....no posts for 2 days, post within an hour of each other.

Now I'm not saying they are the same person, my hypothesis is that they are just BFF's and their menstrual cycles are synced up. ;)
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Like 10,000 accounts were just deactivated!

Weird. Maybe they were just spam bots?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Viva la Revolucion!!!!

The only thing this cartoon is missing is Percy in the back, still bent over, saying "You'll be back for your whippings come football season!"
mytwocents

Here's Some BS...WTF

Post by mytwocents »

So the other day I went over to TOS and created a new username. After 2 days it was still not "approved" to be able to post. The next day the username was deleted all together.

So thinking that perhaps whoever is running shit over there is as anal as I am when it comes to logging stats etc, and that maybe somehow figured out that the same user 'mytwocents' was attempting to sign up for another 'sock' account either by the use of cookies or IP tracking:

I connected through one of my legitimate (i.e. not a random anon proxy that I know are sometimes blacklisted) VPNs that I use for work (and since I work in cybersec I know they're secure and safe and not listed anywhere) in another city, I used a browser I never use, and used obviously a fresh email addy and a totally different user name. Again for 2 days the account sat. Again I was able to log in but not "approved" to post. I then sent a PM to TOS admin from the PMs asking totally nicely how long it would be until I was able to post. I just go back earlier today and once again, the account has been scraped.

Since I am CLEARLY not a bot I find it infuriating that I can't register and more, that the admin is playing games. You know I didn't/don't totally know the back story with Storey and UA and in reality, had I not been alerted to the fact that there was an exile and simply went today to go browse the forums, unless I looked, I would have maybe just thought things were slow etc. And up until this point I've of course been with you guys because you guys are what brings/brought me to TOS, but I never really thought or wished ill will to TOS. Until this point.

It is now painfully obvious to me that TOS, while it certainly made for a great community meeting place for us Cat fans, was built by a sketchy guy who had to PROMISE he wouldn't be part of it else the UA was going to raise hell and then not only lied, but is CLEARLY the one making ALL the 'BIG' decisions to this day. This is only made more obvious when I hear about paying members who have tried to cancel memberships and had to email Josh sep, at which point he took care of it almost immediately.

I hope that the good people who report to and are paid to write for TOS are able to go find a LEGIT person to work for and not a POS like Jim Storey. He's so scummy the scumdevils should hire him as their board admin...he'd do wonders for them and they'd love every minute of it.

Go fuck yourself Storey.
Longhorned

Re: Here's Some BS...WTF

Post by Longhorned »

Somebody is doing something. Me and others have had our PMs disabled.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

and sd86 was banned...the worst crime of all. we need a statue in his honor here at the site...even though he still lives...or something..
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I've heard that many people weren't able to get approved. I don't think there's really been any new real registered users in months. (Except Bert)
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bert and 4life are the only activity there.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Well my account got approved here in less than a day, at goaz it still hasn't been activated.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Love the moniker!

Welcome!

I have two buddies who desperately wanted to talk hoops during the season. Neither were activated, probably deleted it would seem, all of which further under scores two of my main points for helping start this forum:

1. Admin doesn't give a shit at TOS
2. TOS is a sinking ship. Might as well nickname it Detroit.
teemackdee

Post by teemackdee »

I had to register probably 4 times at TOS because the account kept getting deleted. I finally read about sending an email to the admin about activation and about 1 day later it was approved. It was indeed quite frustrating and now I see it was indicative of the host's attitude toward the entire site.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

A TOS question:

Does MAO work for rivals? Do the writers at TOS work for MAO or rivals?

Just curious how that all works over there.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Let me get this straight. MAO's recent communications have resulted in a significant decline in premium subscriptions. So even if what he says about the worthlessness of the free boards is true, the effect of his statements has been to hurt the paid subscriptions, which he says is the source of his business.
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

Fidel y Mao

Longhorned y MAO

Mao presidente de GoAZCats, le envío, en aquel
entonces, una carta a Longhorned:
"Mao ama a Longhorned. En "TOS", el que no ama a longhorned no es Wildcat".
Longhorned respondió la misiva:
"Longhorned ama a Mao. En el "CoOp site", el que no ama a Mao no es Wildcat".