Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Venting Thread

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:50 pm After paying off my car back in December, the Georgia based financer was supposed to release the title to me, now the sole owner. But in two months of follow up calls to their Georgia offices they finally admitted the title was lost.

It isn’t so easy to simply replace by reprinting; the title document must be reissued through state bureaucracy. To top it off nobody is sure which of four states holds the title – Arizona, where the vehicle was bought; Georgia, where the vehicle was financed, Virginia, where the vehicle was at one point registered, and California, where the vehicle is now registered.

The California DMV was no help. So I went to one of those overpriced private DMVs where they couldn’t trace my title to any of those four states. The next option they offered (which the California DMV had no clue of) was to apply for a new title by declaring a lost title through obtaining an "Auto Title Bond" which after so many months/years automatically converts to a standard California title as long as the three other states don’t impose a claim during the duration of the Auto Title Bond.
That sounds like a torture labyrinth. Honestly, I think I would go postal in someone's office. The initial reaction is to blame government for not being able to resolve the issue, but the culprit is the douche private company that fucked it up to begin with. Good luck to you.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Who do I have to fuck in order to get out of the south?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:21 am Who do I have to fuck in order to get out of the south?
The usual answer while in the South to the question “Who do I have to fuck?” is “a close relative” but that just usually leads to you staying there forever.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My wife murders steaks. She marinates them then cooks them in the broiler.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:56 am My wife murders steaks. She marinates them then cooks them in the broiler.
Not to be total sexist cro-magnon asshole, but why do you let her cook beef?

My wife is a phenomenal cook, but I do the steaks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:14 pm
azgreg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:56 am My wife murders steaks. She marinates them then cooks them in the broiler.
Not to be total sexist cro-magnon asshole, but why do you let her cook beef?

My wife is a phenomenal cook, but I do the steaks.
In my 37 years of marriage, I don't recall my wife ever cooking steaks. Since retirement, I pretty much cook all the meats. She used to horribly overcook pork.

Only steak I would ever marinade is sirloin, and just the low end stuff.

However, I do have to say that the worst thing anyone could do to a steak is put A1 on it.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Routine preventative colonoscopy. Insurance is like "yeah, fully covered!" Well, now I've received bills totaling $3300. Grrr. At least I found out my guts are good to go for the moment.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:09 pm Routine preventative colonoscopy. Insurance is like "yeah, fully covered!" Well, now I've received bills totaling $3300. Grrr. At least I found out my guts are good to go for the moment.
The last 2 of mine I had to fight the insurance company to get anasthesia paid for. Figure that one out.

After my 2nd one, I had to file a 2nd appeal since it was turned down twice, the 2nd time by a MD.

But all good now.

And next one will be on Medicare with my current insurance as supplemental.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAdevil wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:09 pm Routine preventative colonoscopy. Insurance is like "yeah, fully covered!" Well, now I've received bills totaling $3300. Grrr. At least I found out my guts are good to go for the moment.
Did the doctor send you a Facebook friend request afterwards?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Speaking of colonoscopy- Anyone done that shit in a box thing?

I need to get one and wondered if that was an option.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Alieberman wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:05 pm Speaking of colonoscopy- Anyone done that shit in a box thing?

My brother-in-law did one, and it showed something, so he had to go have a colonoscopy anyways that showed he was fine.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:05 pm Speaking of colonoscopy- Anyone done that shit in a box thing?

I had a friend at work that did, and so far no issues.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

I had a colonoscopy a few years ago. Worst part was the preparation, drinking that stuff and shitting it out for a few days beforehand.

The drugs they gave me before the procedure made the whole thing almost worth it. When they were done, I asked them for another shot for the road. Refused.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I grasp that there are labor and materials shortages. But small businesses are not thereby exempt from simple anticipation. If you have to reschedule you reschedule with the affected customer at the soonest possible moment so the customer can adjust to and reschedule all the consequent elements of his fucking life!!!

Three site visits, one of which was caused by bringing the wrong equipment, punctuated by two reschedules. Dudes arrive and don't know what the service order is. Then, on a revisit, they don't know what the full bill is because they can't connect with the home office by phone. Of course DINOSAURS THAT WE ARE! we have spoken with the office staff (in between Dudes' visits) and know the proper final billing amount. without our check WRITTEN ON A STONE TABLET Dudes could not have processed our payment ..... further protracting the time-suck of doing simple business.

Thank fucking fate that we are retired. I don't know how a working family could accomplish these things. It would take 10 days.

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I should tell you about my odyssey with replacing my irrigation system last fall but I might stroke out in the process.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I drive to work one day this week and of course I get a flat tire. Lug wrench Ford provides doesn't fit lugs. So I get to sit at Discount Tire until they open. FML

-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

A friend just texted me that her neighbor has complained that her dog barks all day. She didn’t want to get an electric shock collar. So she got a citronella collar that sprays a blast of citronella mist into the breathing space of the dog.

Curious how it worked, my friend took it outside and barked, and nothing happened. She barked some more. Nothing happened. So, she put the collar on, barked, and the thing worked. Now she’s coughing, and the thing keeps spraying citronella mist which in turn keeps her coughing.

She apparently is wheezing on the grass from this until the thing runs out of spray.

I’m pissed because the neighbor got to see this spectacle spectacle and not me!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully captured for Youtube posterity!
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

So, it’s apparently a meme. It was a copy and paste story. She sent me the FB link she got it from.

Damn. It sounds so much like her. Good natured, trusting, always doing innocent shit that escalates.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I am getting old...and I can't stop it.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

We need to get blackout curtains for 2 bedrooms. Our master is a pretty good sized window. We asked our realtor who to use. Budget blinds comes out and gives us a quote for $3100. Wtf? Includes rods and curtains. So we're still looking around
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Blackout curtains for 4 bedrooms (6 windows) was like $500 for us. Shop around online. You’re getting robbed.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Yeah, my dining and living room windows are northwest facing and get direct Sun at the hottest part of the day. I got my blackout curtains online with rustic modern double rods and sheer curtains for around $300 for the two windows. Definitely work for light and heat reducing. $200 for large window, $100 for normal size window.

Check on line.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lol we put up blackout curtains in 2 bedrooms with the rods for like $150 tops.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In the 2020's, the public figure that most defines our times is Phil Collins. Same with the 2010's, 2000's, 1990's, and 1980's.

Thank you in advance to anyone who knows of a grocery store, dentist office, or hardware store I can enter without hearing a 1980's Phil Collins song pummeling forth through the sound system.

It's like, some time around 1986, the entire world said, "This is it. Let us venture forth no more. Oceans rise. Empires fall. But this will be the the soundtrack of all of our lives forever."
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Collins had a great first solo album, "No Jacket Required" when he was still in the Genesis mentality. Since then I haven't liked a single Phil Collins solo song after "In the Air Tonight" although Genesis still made some good music for a couple more years.

Now Collins is all Muzak (elevator music) if that is still such a thing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Merkin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:42 pm Collins had a great first solo album, "No Jacket Required" when he was still in the Genesis mentality. Since then I haven't liked a single Phil Collins solo song after "In the Air Tonight" although Genesis still made some good music for a couple more years.

Muzak was a thing advertised on late night TV for companies to purchase for the elevators, offices, and stores. Then Phil Collins superseded Muzak. All by himself.

Didn't South Park feature a "Mount Phil Collins"?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:55 am In the 2020's, the public figure that most defines our times is Phil Collins. Same with the 2010's, 2000's, 1990's, and 1980's.

Thank you in advance to anyone who knows of a grocery store, dentist office, or hardware store I can enter without hearing a 1980's Phil Collins song pummeling forth through the sound system.

It's like, some time around 1986, the entire world said, "This is it. Let us venture forth no more. Oceans rise. Empires fall. But this will be the the soundtrack of all of our lives forever."
*cue the drum solo lead-in
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

~ Wilhoit's Law
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

84Cat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:25 am We need to get blackout curtains for 2 bedrooms. Our master is a pretty good sized window. We asked our realtor who to use. Budget blinds comes out and gives us a quote for $3100. Wtf? Includes rods and curtains. So we're still looking around
IKEA.

Your local big box hardware store.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Longhorned wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:55 am In the 2020's, the public figure that most defines our times is Phil Collins. Same with the 2010's, 2000's, 1990's, and 1980's.

My dentist asks what music i want. I've turned him into a John Prine fan, and he's seriously getting into both Art Blakey and Theolonias Monk.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Osborn

Post by Osborn »

Merkin wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:42 pm Collins had a great first solo album, "No Jacket Required" when he was still in the Genesis mentality. Since then I haven't liked a single Phil Collins solo song after "In the Air Tonight" although Genesis still made some good music for a couple more years.

In the Air Tonight on Miami Vice catapulted Collins into instant icon status with a cameo on the show and a movie, Buster, that as far as I know, nobody saw. Collins was the pop-rock soundtrack of the 80s. So many of his songs bring back memories of high school and college, friends, and of course, girls. I can't hear In the Air without thinking razor stubble and baggy pastel pants and shirts. Collins was huge in the 80's and his timing, talent, and personality were perfect for MTV - so many entertaining Collins music videos.
GlobalCat

Post by GlobalCat »

Chicat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:43 am Blackout curtains for 4 bedrooms (6 windows) was like $500 for us. Shop around online. You’re getting robbed.
JMarkJohns wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:31 am Yeah, my dining and living room windows are northwest facing and get direct Sun at the hottest part of the day. I got my blackout curtains online with rustic modern double rods and sheer curtains for around $300 for the two windows. Definitely work for light and heat reducing. $200 for large window, $100 for normal size window.

Check on line.

Curious whom ya'll went with... we did the quote from the Costco partners. They wanted $13K for drapes and hardware for just one wall of windows.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ll ask the wife.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yes, ask the wife. In my house, the wife just couldn't stand that there was a bathroom with a shower and no bathtub. And why not re-do the whole bathroom while we're at it? That project is now $20 K in the hole so far. Oh yeah, it looks great. Looks great.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It was Rose Home Fashion on Amazon where we got our blackout curtains and apparently they were even cheaper than I thought.

By the way, I’m not sure how I lived before we got them. Getting up with the sun in the summer is ridiculous.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea I never had blackout curtains until about 4 years ago when my wife started working night shift. It was a revelation.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

But why don't we have those black-out rollers like they've always had in Europe? The ones built into the wall that completely vanish into the wall above, and when you shut them, they blot out all light completely. If the window faces west in the afternoon, you're in absolute darkness like you're at the bottom of the ocean.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I don't even know where to start....

The wife of a good friend has been dealing with some mystery illness for years now. Doctor's have not been able to successfully diagnose the issue... other than it had something to do with her liver. She has been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of years.

She was admitted into the hospital again a week ago... and then suddenly completely deteriorated. Her liver has basically stopped functioning and is too ill to be put on the transplant list. She is going into hospice care today.

Our friend group is just devastated. We are all in our late 40's and have never had to deal with something like this to someone so close in our age bracket.

I'm feeling so numb and helpless.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

That's horrible Ari. So sorry for you, your wife, and friends.

Sounds like some malpractice. My cousin's wife had something similar happen and it ended up being colon cancer - took several doctors to get it right, luckily caught in time with some chemo. No one is a better advocate for your health than yourself. I've had stuff misdiagnosed and had to keep going to different doctors to get it right. Sounds like she never found that one doctor. That sucks.
-JB
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I think you are right. Her family is kind of worthless and my friend... who is a great loving person who would do anything he could for his wife.... is unfortunately not an aggressive advocate... it's not in his nature.

And now it's too late....
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

GlobalCat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:48 pm
Chicat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:43 am Blackout curtains for 4 bedrooms (6 windows) was like $500 for us. Shop around online. You’re getting robbed.
JMarkJohns wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:31 am Yeah, my dining and living room windows are northwest facing and get direct Sun at the hottest part of the day. I got my blackout curtains online with rustic modern double rods and sheer curtains for around $300 for the two windows. Definitely work for light and heat reducing. $200 for large window, $100 for normal size window.

Check on line.

Curious whom ya'll went with... we did the quote from the Costco partners. They wanted $13K for drapes and hardware for just one wall of windows.
Amazon no longer has the curtains I ordered, but I just ordered a product that DWCN makes and it is well reviewed and works great in my sisters place on her main western facing window.

The curtains are like $40-100 a panel depending on length, and I got double rods from Lowes. Don’t remember their exact pricing, but probably $35-50 for small windows and $75-80 for large window double rods.

Again, I did three front windows, one large two small, plus 2 small bedrooms for under $500. This was in 2018, but they work. I had the AC dude test the windows with curtains open and windows with curtains closed and it’s a 7-10* difference and the blackout nature works really well. If you can do single rod, the blackout works even better (what I did in the bedrooms.

The bedrooms needed more blackout than heat block since they are Eastern facing windows.

But the front windows room were like $300
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:58 am That's horrible Ari. So sorry for you, your wife, and friends.

Sounds like some malpractice. My cousin's wife had something similar happen and it ended up being colon cancer - took several doctors to get it right, luckily caught in time with some chemo. No one is a better advocate for your health than yourself. I've had stuff misdiagnosed and had to keep going to different doctors to get it right. Sounds like she never found that one doctor. That sucks.
I have been quite disappointed in medical care in Tucson which is surprising having a major medical center there. I have a friend who has an undiagnosed illness, and has to go to Phoenix for diagnosis and any possible treatment.

My mom was fighting UTIs for years, and all the doctors kept doing is putting her on antibiotics. It wasn't until she went to the ER and waited 8 hours they found she had uterine cancer, and by then it was too late.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:35 am I don't even know where to start....

The wife of a good friend has been dealing with some mystery illness for years now. Doctor's have not been able to successfully diagnose the issue... other than it had something to do with her liver. She has been in and out of the hospital for the last couple of years.

She was admitted into the hospital again a week ago... and then suddenly completely deteriorated. Her liver has basically stopped functioning and is too ill to be put on the transplant list. She is going into hospice care today.

Our friend group is just devastated. We are all in our late 40's and have never had to deal with something like this to someone so close in our age bracket.

I'm feeling so numb and helpless.

I am terribly sorry. This sounds like what happened to Crystal, a good friend from work. She was fine and then last summer her liver basically stopped functioning and she passed a few months later.

I don’t understand any of it. And I’m sorry it’s impacting your family and friends.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm so sorry, A.

My devastating fried loss has been Hannah Upp. Anybody who hasn't read about her or seen her on TV can google her. This week is the five year anniversary of the last time we all spent time with her. We're all getting together this week in Philadelphia for the first time, and celebrating her the same place we were all together. It's going be a heavy week.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone.

She was moved into hospice care yesterday.

And she just passed today.

I'm heartbroken
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry for your loss buddy. :(
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm sorry, A.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Against the backdrop of Ari's tragedy and the shooting in Uvalde I'm really struggling with a challenge common to men of my age. Outside of it we are all of us an enduring and changing component of our nation's ethos writ across the reckoning of time and demography, but at every moment we are turned back into that brutal personal actuation of change. Ari, I hurt for you. Uvalde, I grieve for you. America, I want to tell you to go fuck yourself because you asked for this. To the parents of America: I think you are our sole remaining heroes. The stewardship of government flows from the stewardship of parenting, and so much of that natural authority is unnatural to me. As I struggle as a childless parent through the asymmetric devotion to ageing parents I hope to honor those whose basis of honor exceeds mine. Both I and my sole sibling are childless by choice, and we make no apology. But now, as parents of our parents, the reins we hold are those raw in the hands of Uvalde and Ari's dear friends. This is the hard part.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My mother just came in town for a visit. She was in my house for literally ten minutes before she called me fat and demanded to know why I refuse to lose weight.

Fucking old people…