Colonoscopy

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Alieberman

Colonoscopy

Post by Alieberman »

I just had my 1st 1 done today.

Figured I make a PSA for our board.

It is now recommended for men to get them starting at age 45.

They are a piece of cake. The worst part.... BY FAR... is the prep drink you have to take the day before to clear you out.

That's not fun and it's kinda gross... but it's worth it.

Get it done!!!!
azgreg

Re: Colonoscopy

Post by azgreg »

Did you get a Facebook friend request from your doctor yet?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Endorse. Same with your prostrate check guys! (and ladies your mammograms).
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

azgreg wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:14 pm Did you get a Facebook friend request from your doctor yet?
We are going out for drinks later
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:25 pm
azgreg wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:14 pm Did you get a Facebook friend request from your doctor yet?
We are going out for drinks later
Nice. I hope he/she washes their hands first.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

You youngsters have it so easy. When I had my first one when I hit 50 I had to start the prep Friday night. Now it's just the day before.

Also now you can just send in your stool sample for those who don't want something invasive.

Worst part was fighting the insurance to pay for anesthesia the last 2 times I had it done.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

After a soft breakfast this morning nothing but fluids. The magic begins tonight at 5PM. 7:30AM Monday tipoff in Tucson. To Merkin's point: I called and asked about anesthesia. It's not technically anesthesia with gas and such, just an injection. They'll find a way to have lied about it.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:14 pm After a soft breakfast this morning nothing but fluids. The magic begins tonight at 5PM. 7:30AM Monday tipoff in Tucson. To Merkin's point: I called and asked about anesthesia. It's not technically anesthesia with gas and such, just an injection. They'll find a way to have lied about it.
You sppear to be conscious throught, and can communicate with those in the room…

… the drugs affect your memory, so you don’t recall hardly any of it.

However, everyone in the room remembers everything you say… :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:58 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:14 pm After a soft breakfast this morning nothing but fluids. The magic begins tonight at 5PM. 7:30AM Monday tipoff in Tucson. To Merkin's point: I called and asked about anesthesia. It's not technically anesthesia with gas and such, just an injection. They'll find a way to have lied about it.
You sppear to be conscious throught, and can communicate with those in the room…

However, everyone in the room remembers everything you say… :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Then I'm in deep shit. Yet another use for duct tape.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

pc in NM wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:58 pm

Coming out of it, it was the best high I've ever had. I asked them for another shot for the road before leaving and of course was refused . I dont remember anything about the procedure. Uh oh.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Half way through the wretched prep ....... and you fuckers are NOT HELPING!

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The day after mine my doctor sent me a Facebook friend request. Was that wrong?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:23 pm The day after mine my doctor sent me a Facebook friend request. Was that wrong?
(I'm reminded of a joke.) He must have liked the dozen roses. They're a more thoughtful gift than polyps.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Siempre Verde

Post by Siempre Verde »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 pm Half way through the wretched prep ....... and you fuckers are NOT HELPING!
Carcassdragger is so right about the high. OMG, it was the best I’ve felt in ages! It makes the prep almost (almost) worth it. My tradition is post procedure pancakes. Sorry to mention food, but you’ll eat again and you’ll feel fabulous!!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Siempre Verde wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:24 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:11 pm Half way through the wretched prep ....... and you fuckers are NOT HELPING!
Carcassdragger is so right about the high. OMG, it was the best I’ve felt in ages! It makes the prep almost (almost) worth it. My tradition is post procedure pancakes. Sorry to mention food, but you’ll eat again and you’ll feel fabulous!!
Nearly through the second half and I'm dreaming of a bacon cheeseburger. As I recall, my first time had no good high associated with it. I was robbed!

~ Wilhoit's Law
waysouthcat

Post by waysouthcat »

I thought the prep tasted like orange flavored dish soap. Which considering its function, it probably is. I went full knockout anesthesia - don't want to remember anything about it.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

waysouthcat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:06 am
I thought the prep tasted like orange flavored dish soap. Which considering its function, it probably is. I went full knockout anesthesia - don't want to remember anything about it.
Since one can't remember, the logical question to the doc afterward: "Was it as good for me as it was for you??"
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

waysouthcat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:06 am
There was no orange flavor to mine... To me it tasted like I was chugging a gallon of whale jizz....
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I am way overdue for this so you guys are making me get off my ass.

Maybe that was a bad choice of words...
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

First time I had one, I had the flavored drink. Last time I had to pop some kind of pills but could drink anything I wanted. Multiple pills, like a lot, every few minutes for about 30 minutes or so I think it was. Since they found polyps the last time I’m now on the the 3 year plan.

Rather do this than what the alternative could be.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Turns out they used propofol and dammit there was no good buzz at all. In fact there was absolutely no cognitive artifact of the change in consciousness. They began the drip and then in seamless temporal continuity I awoke. I've been put under a shit load of times and this one was utterly without any remnant experiential evidence. And, yeah, Doc said we conversed during the procedure. Creepy as fuck.

Clean results. I highly recommend the facility and Dr. Anis Hanna (had tons of good reviews) at Tucson Gastroenterology on Swan just north of E. Fort Lowell. I thought the prep fluid tasted like diluted Alka-Seltzer.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:07 pm Turns out they used propofol and dammit there was no good buzz at all. In fact there was absolutely no cognitive artifact of the change in consciousness. They began the drip and then in seamless temporal continuity I awoke. I've been put under a shit load of times and this one was utterly without any remnant experiential evidence. And, yeah, Doc said we conversed during the procedure. Creepy as fuck.

Clean results. I highly recommend the facility and Dr. Anis Hanna (had tons of good reviews) at Tucson Gastroenterology on Swan just north of E. Fort Lowell. I thought the prep fluid tasted like diluted Alka-Seltzer.
You got gyped but considering the results, it's a good trade. Congrats man.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

May want to change your choice of verbs CD.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Yeah. I guess that's a slur? Sorry. Honestly didn't mean it as one.

Not sure it would actually qualify as a slur, but if so, sorry.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:04 am Yeah. I guess that's a slur? Sorry. Honestly didn't mean it as one.

I had a favorite philosophy prof who often responded to the common question (“You know what I mean?”) thusly: “I understand what you just said. If you meant what you said, then I understand what you meant.”

I used to say: “Dig yourself!”

Still do, in fact.

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:04 am Yeah. I guess that's a slur? Sorry. Honestly didn't mean it as one.

It means ripped you off like a Gypsy would, similar to an anti-Semitic slur . Hitler also tried to get rid of the Roma (Gypsies) too like he did the Jews.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Is gypsy a race, a nationality, or does it just refer to a specific culture?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:24 am Is gypsy a race, a nationality, or does it just refer to a specific culture?
https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... 0ethnicity.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:29 am
Carcassdragger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:24 am Is gypsy a race, a nationality, or does it just refer to a specific culture?
https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.ser ... 0ethnicity.
Ok thanks. It states that gypsy refers to people from a range of ethnicities. Therefore it seems that gypsy refers to a culture. While i abhor racism, I have no problem criticizing cultures- including my own. Politically incorrect? Maybe but jeez.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

We used the term freely in the woods to refer to unaffiliated loggers who had their own self-loader, who would glean through sites high-graded by the big outfits. Moonlight logging gyppos are a side hustling entrepreneur with the skookum to make bank off the crumbs left by the big dogs. Actually a term of respect in the woods.

Elsewhere I think it's derogatory, kinda like "fookin' pikeys" in Snatch: travelers, drifters, gypsy outcast scammers. It didn't mean anything off-color to me, but I'm a redneck, so .....

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Sorry for derailing with a non-sequitur, but I've become a devout follower of English Premier League Football (soccer here in the US) and the fans have a great term for a team that fucks up big time. Our loss to Princeton is a perfect example.

They call them Bottlers
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:11 am Sorry for derailing with a non-sequitur, but I've become a devout follower of English Premier League Football (soccer here in the US) and the fans have a great term for a team that fucks up big time. Our loss to Princeton is a perfect example.

They call them Bottlers
The secondary pages of the urban dictionary examples are hilarious!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... ler&page=4

~ Wilhoit's Law