Re: TOS Discussion

Post by cats101 »

Percy talking to himself. It's pretty sad
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

cats101 wrote:Percy talking to himself. It's pretty rad
fixed
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I'm not schizophrenic and neither am I. - Percy
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

cats101 wrote:Percy talking to himself. It's pretty sad
I was over there last night and he was trying to drum up some conversation in the NBA forum and he was getting no replys except for his sock, and then they were agreeing and complimenting eachothers responses. It was.... well... weird.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

KOQSTRONG wrote:
cats101 wrote:Percy talking to himself. It's pretty sad
I was over there last night and he was trying to drum up some conversation in the NBA forum and he was getting no replys except for his sock, and then they were agreeing and complimenting eachothers responses. It was.... well... weird.
I just read it. Pretty hilarious they can post directly to each other without quoting any more. The back and forth is almost as if the one knew what the other was thinking!
Ih8assu

Post by Ih8assu »

Had to go back to copy my signature. What a ghost town over there!
"A year ago, the best perimeter player came to McKale, we gave him some milk and cookies, rubbed his belly & made sure he had wide open shots. If he missed, we'd even pass it back to him and see if he could break scoring records." S. Miller
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

Lol somebody's sock was in full on troll mode over there a few hours ago haha.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

What's that other site we used to go to?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:What's that other site we used to go to?
www.coachshaybinion.com?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

That's it, thanks.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

At TOS, we used to call Scout TOS.

Now that TOS is TOS, what do we call Scout?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote:At TOS, we used to call Scout TOS.

tTOS.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

ntTOS
KOQSTRONG

Post by KOQSTRONG »

POS??
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

KOQSTRONG wrote:

POS??
No that's PGU
-JB
prh

Post by prh »

Since there's no MAO here, can't we just call it Scout?
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

prh wrote:

Since there's no MAO here, can't we just call it Scout?
Good point.
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Let's just call it Percy's Place

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

[QUOTE=HaCats;2309084]God, the free Scout board just absolutely sucks. Sure wish everyone would pull the panties out and just get back over here. Point made...now let by gone's be by gone's (or however the hell that is spelled). I miss this site, was my Cats football daily fix....[/QUOTE]

I posted this in response to HaCats whining at TOS, and it was deleted (no link was provided):

Never going to happen. Come to the new site.

-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

The half a dozen diehards (tucsonpaint, silvestrefelem, UAEebs86, CatsbyAz, DallasCat, Percy) are still convinced the site will be up and running full strength by August/September like no one ever left.

Even though there have been 3 threads created total in the last week plus.

:roll:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=133903
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

scumdevils86 wrote:The half a dozen diehards (tucsonpaint, silvestrefelem, UAEebs86, CatsbyAz, DallasCat, Percy) are still convinced the site will be up and running full strength by August/September like no one ever left.

Any reason why the reasonable people don't want to come here?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:The half a dozen diehards (tucsonpaint, silvestrefelem, UAEebs86, CatsbyAz, DallasCat, Percy) are still convinced the site will be up and running full strength by August/September like no one ever left.

You'll be there.

Oh, wait! :D
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I think they are Rivals premium. I imagine TucsonPaint has his probably comped.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Guessing you haven't read any of my posts over there.
They are all saying how dead the site is and that it's never coming back. Been sending PMs to all the diehards.
I was actually surprised they didn't delete any of my posts or DMs.

But thanks for lumping me in with them. I think Tombstone is getting to you. Read my post right above yours in this thread.
-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

UAEebs86 wrote:

Guessing you haven't read any of my posts over there.
They are all saying how dead the site is and that it's never coming back. Been sending PMs to all the diehards.
I was actually surprised they didn't delete any of my posts or DMs.

But thanks for lumping me in with them. I think Tombstone is getting to you. Read my post right above yours in this thread.
sorry man. It definitely is...I'm a zombie down here. One more week...
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Feels like fear of change.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Katz' sig over at the TOS:

TP's response to the sig:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showpost.php? ... count=2939
tucsonpaint wrote:"

Who are you Jim? Obviously you are not proud of you comment as it is impossible to copy and paste it. Why don't you come right out and say you made a mistake? Do you live in Tucson? Did you attend the U of A/play football there? Did you know Josh Gershon? Do you think you are providing a service to the AZ football community, or are you like a woman of the night, feigning interest just to make a buck?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

From UA Direct on TOS:
Why this site will regain the crown.
Replaced all 3 computers here 2 weeks ago.

13 days, still can't log in to the co-op, no matter what I try. Been blocked from PGU for 2 years - never even let me register. Won't even send me an email to explain why.

so the 4 of us can just have some fun??
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

I was worried that TOS collapsing would cause a rift in the time-space continuum and launch me back to the days when I didn't frequent an AZ basketball message board, but after seeing Winger sign on here a few days ago (he's yet to post), I feel like life can get back to normal.

I've said it before and so have others but if this site is to survive into the future it needs to focus on drawing in new members, which means generating or at least providing content that prospective new members can find. It can be an aggregate or authored by local posters, but it has to be linked to the site somehow.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

thenewazcats wrote:I was worried that TOS collapsing would cause a rift in the time-space continuum and launch me back to the days when I didn't frequent an AZ basketball message board, but after seeing Winger sign on here a few days ago (he's yet to post), I feel like life can get back to normal.

I've said it before and so have others but if this site is to survive into the future it needs to focus on drawing in new members, which means generating or at least providing content that prospective new members can find. It can be an aggregate or authored by local posters, but it has to be linked to the site somehow.
why? 90% of the activity and posting that happened over there is already here. sure i'd love to get more posters eventually, but almost all of the people that actually contributed over there are here now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Why is UADirect having so much trouble logging in here?

No one else seems to be having problems. Many have commented how much easier it is to get an account here than TOS.
-JB
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

ASUHATER! wrote:
thenewazcats wrote:I was worried that TOS collapsing would cause a rift in the time-space continuum and launch me back to the days when I didn't frequent an AZ basketball message board, but after seeing Winger sign on here a few days ago (he's yet to post), I feel like life can get back to normal.

why? 90% of the activity and posting that happened over there is already here. sure i'd love to get more posters eventually, but almost all of the people that actually contributed over there are here now.
EVCat said it pretty well:
EVCat wrote:I just read that rant in sections. My add/ alzheimers prevents me from digesting the whole text in one reading. There is a nugget of valid point in his entire otherwise certifiable rant, which is people on Internet message boards often engage in holier-than-thou ism. The deconstruction and reconstruction of individual phrases and even words in a single post are not uncommon. I offered up a nugget of info I had heard from the closest damn thing to the only source that mattered on Nick deciding to go pro and got called a child, a sock, etc. But that's just part of the deal on message boards, and our more laid back Arizona boards are considerably friendlier than the boards of fan bases east and southward. I wish people were less snark and full of their online persona than is common on most message boards, but the level of attack on goazcats was about a 3 on the obligatory scale of 11.

If my peanut gallery advice means anything to the good people who hope to grow this board, I would just offer one item: be careful not to become a class system/clique that pats itself on the back too much for this rather impressive move. I have just caught it in bits and pieces...a "no one important isn't here" comment or similar sentiments. You guys actually did it and showed the community is bigger than the URL (that is a great takeaway from all of this) and made a new home on the strength of the collective. Each new member feeling their way around has the potential to be the 2017 salim'sheadband (my personal favorite poster) .

I don't mean any undue criticism with my post. I am really floored at just how strong this whole thing has been. Just one thought from an interested participant/observer
I've done a migration before, very similar to this one. After a couple years, the new forum grew stale. We lacked new perspectives and personalities. We lacked rival fans stopping by to say ridiculous things. If you want to survive as a small group of friends and ride into the sunset together, you can do that, but the group will get smaller each and every year. People will take time off in the offseason and won't return the next year. People like 97, Winger, SHB and others who provide information or well thought out content, will move to a platform where their work or words will be seen and heard -- as they should -- and then this site will lose more followers. TOS may be run by a dickhead with poor people skills but it was a place that people on the internet could find. If this site can't be found by potential new users or rival fans, it will slowly become irrelevant. That's just my humble opinion based on my own experience. I could be wrong. But I mean why even worry about forming a website title/url brand if there's no point in growing the user base?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Agree thenewazcats.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

thenewazcats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

EVCat wrote:I just read that rant in sections. My add/ alzheimers prevents me from digesting the whole text in one reading. There is a nugget of valid point in his entire otherwise certifiable rant, which is people on Internet message boards often engage in holier-than-thou ism. The deconstruction and reconstruction of individual phrases and even words in a single post are not uncommon. I offered up a nugget of info I had heard from the closest damn thing to the only source that mattered on Nick deciding to go pro and got called a child, a sock, etc. But that's just part of the deal on message boards, and our more laid back Arizona boards are considerably friendlier than the boards of fan bases east and southward. I wish people were less snark and full of their online persona than is common on most message boards, but the level of attack on goazcats was about a 3 on the obligatory scale of 11.

If my peanut gallery advice means anything to the good people who hope to grow this board, I would just offer one item: be careful not to become a class system/clique that pats itself on the back too much for this rather impressive move. I have just caught it in bits and pieces...a "no one important isn't here" comment or similar sentiments. You guys actually did it and showed the community is bigger than the URL (that is a great takeaway from all of this) and made a new home on the strength of the collective. Each new member feeling their way around has the potential to be the 2017 salim'sheadband (my personal favorite poster) .

I don't mean any undue criticism with my post. I am really floored at just how strong this whole thing has been. Just one thought from an interested participant/observer
I've done a migration before, very similar to this one. After a couple years, the new forum grew stale. We lacked new perspectives and personalities. We lacked rival fans stopping by to say ridiculous things. If you want to survive as a small group of friends and ride into the sunset together, you can do that, but the group will get smaller each and every year. People will take time off in the offseason and won't return the next year. People like 97, Winger, SHB and others who provide information or well thought out content, will move to a platform where their work or words will be seen and heard -- as they should -- and then this site will lose more followers. TOS may be run by a dickhead with poor people skills but it was a place that people on the internet could find. If this site can't be found by potential new users or rival fans, it will slowly become irrelevant. That's just my humble opinion based on my own experience. I could be wrong. But I mean why even worry about forming a website title/url brand if there's no point in growing the user base?
Good thing that's changing in a matter of weeks with the new name
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ua direct was always a whiny bitch about registering and logging in. he had issues or a family member had issues constantly at TOS and he has issues here non stop...I think he just isn't good at da compooters.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

ASUHATER! wrote: Good thing that's changing in a matter of weeks with the new name
Having a name is great. Chi mentioned something about an information aggregate in the past. I know you can set up Google alerts to go to a feed rather than email, and that could be posted on the site. Not sure how it would be maintained or by who, but it would at least provide something like the aggregate you find on ESPN or CBS team pages. Original content is tough because this site wants to be free and while there are posters here capable of creating worthy content, everyone has a job and you can't expect people to do good work for free. I'm not saying this should become a full-blown AZ sports website or that the focus should ever drift away from being forum and posting-centric, but there are a lot of smart minds here, and maybe it's worth asking people to think about ways to keep growing the user base in the future. I'm merely offering suggestions, and more or less thinking out loud.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

As usual, newazcats is spot on. Any 'community of interest' needs new members constantly in order to not wither and die. You don't need a lot of them, but the fresh viewpoints and perspectives are critical. Else you just end up with a bunch of old coots rehashing the same old arguments over and over again. Right, ODogg? ;)
Zero

Post by Zero »

A Twitter handle with the new name would not be a bad thing IMO. Every website just retweets other peoples tweets about basketball. Could help generate some new members who follow Arizona Basketball. Of course nothing premium because that is not right but when a recruit commits or after a win retweeting something ay Jay Bilas tweets could be pretty cool with the new name associated with it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Zero wrote:A Twitter handle with the new name would not be a bad thing IMO. Every website just retweets other peoples tweets about basketball. Could help generate some new members who follow Arizona Basketball. Of course nothing premium because that is not right but when a recruit commits or after a win retweeting something ay Jay Bilas tweets could be pretty cool with the new name associated with it.
@BearDownWildcats is too long.

@BearDownCats is already taken.
-JB
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

thenewazcats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I agree with this.
Zero

Post by Zero »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Zero wrote:A Twitter handle with the new name would not be a bad thing IMO. Every website just retweets other peoples tweets about basketball. Could help generate some new members who follow Arizona Basketball. Of course nothing premium because that is not right but when a recruit commits or after a win retweeting something ay Jay Bilas tweets could be pretty cool with the new name associated with it.
@BearDownWildcats is too long.

@BearDownCats is already taken.

Ahhh, ok. Thanks.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

@BDWildcats
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It's so bad at TOS that Percy and 4Life have even given up posting there.
Zero

Post by Zero »

CalStateTempe wrote:@BDWildcats
Could work to help the growth, who knows.
UofACat23

Post by UofACat23 »

Merkin wrote:Katz' sig over at the TOS:

The interesting thing about that quote is the fact that the site started as an independent free message board... they joined Rivals well after the community had been firmly established.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UofACat23 wrote:
Merkin wrote:Katz' sig over at the TOS:

The interesting thing about that quote is the fact that the site started as an independent free message board... they joined Rivals well after the community had been firmly established.

That's right, UASports.net used to be the Rivals site.

First post ever over there:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showpost.php?p=1&postcount=1

Dosia

Post by Dosia »

What was the timeline for this site update? We gonna have phpbb3, or is it being changed?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just went over to the Wastelands for the first time in a couple of weeks to see if anyone is still there. Looks like it's Silvestrefelem, Bert, and Suqma Diq . . . and that's about it.

I think the last poster to register over there was an actual tumbleweed...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?