Gender of Doctor

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Gender of Doctor

Post by gumby »

I need a new primary care physician. So I inquire with my clinic. They ask, "Do you want a man or a woman?" I'm like, huh? They explain that with some of the more personal exams, some men don't want a female doc.

The only regular personal exam I could think of involves a glove and ... well, why is it better if a dude probes me there?

Does this matter to you? Are there other factors, like freedom to swap sexist jokes or something? My primaries have always been men, but it's not like that was a factor. Should it be?
Right where I want to be.
ASUHATER!

Re: Gender of Doctor

Post by ASUHATER! »

Doctor trips are always awkward. Would be awkward for a man or woman to professionally snap on a glove and ask you to bend over and cough. Might as well be a random doctor since it's always awkward
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm cool with a woman. Probably prefer it...my skin doctor is a woman. I do find my exchanges funny though...

On my first visit a few years ago I was asked to strip down to my boxers, she commented on my "cute boxers".

I kinda thought that's inappropriate...my wife said to relax, and then I asked her if her male doctor said "hey, cute panties" if she'd be offended. She saw my point.
Last edited by Olsondogg on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I was with a male pcp for a long time. then he retired. now I've been with a female pcp for a long time (and she's going to retire in the next couple of years)

never felt any difference in the care, nor the comfort level, I got from either one.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I always wondered what would happen if there was a quite attractive female doctor who checked me for a hernia, which is part of the physical process.

But no surprise, in such a case nothing happened, so I did not embarrass myself.

Generally speaking, I really like my PCP who is male. We share a lot of the same interests and sit and talk for some time.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Merkin wrote:I always wondered what would happen if there was a quite attractive female doctor who checked me for a hernia, which is part of the physical process.

But no surprise, in such a case nothing happened, so I did not embarrass myself.

Generally speaking, I really like my PCP who is male. We share a lot of the same interests and sit and talk for some time.
I'm actually having hernia surgey Thursday, docs a lady. :oops:

Actually, in the last 2 weeks with this issue and multiple docs / exams, and so many people playing around with my nether regions, I'm over it. Don't care anymore. Fix me up, don't care what brand of equipment their rockin' downstairs.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've thought about this (as I haven't had a PCP much less a physical at all in about 6 years) and I think it really wouldn't matter to me.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:I always wondered what would happen if there was a quite attractive female doctor who checked me for a hernia, which is part of the physical process.

I thought this was illegal nowadays. Better not exceed 15 minutes!
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Allowed to check my prostate whenever she wants.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Good question, gumby. There's no point in having a preference because I've twice had non-sexy probings that the male doctor used as "teaching moments" for eagerly observant, young female interns holding a clipboard. One of them was attractive enough to be a runway model. With drawers dropped, I had to answer the male doctor's question, "Do you have anal sex?" I really, really should have asked her out at that moment.

I was also once in line at the pharmacy in Italy, where it's like going to the doctor because you describe your symptoms and they administer the medication in the manner of a prescription. At the counter, there was a 60-something man, and the most stunningly beautiful 30-year-old goddess you've ever seen in a white nylon jacket. I pleaded to heaven, "Please let it be him!" and hoped that heaven didn't have a sense of humor. Thank heavens, my turn arrived and the older man said to me, "Next?"

"Yes," I whispered over the counter. "I need a medication for indigestion and gas."

"Gas, too?!" he exclaimed, grasping at his own belly with both hands for emphasis. Then he turned to the beautiful pharmacist and pronounced, "He's having problems with gas! Since he also has indigestion, he probably has a foam in his intestines that's producing and accumulating gas faster than he can fart it out!"
77HoyaCat4Ever

Post by 77HoyaCat4Ever »

I would be open to a transgender provider
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

UAdevil wrote:

I'm actually having hernia surgey Thursday, docs a lady. :oops:

Actually, in the last 2 weeks with this issue and multiple docs / exams, and so many people playing around with my nether regions, I'm over it. Don't care anymore. Fix me up, don't care what brand of equipment their rockin' downstairs.
My PCP is a woman and I too had double hernia surgery a year ago by a lady doc. I also had a female nurse shave my balls for my vasectomy. I have no problems with the ladies taking care of my balls
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I have a female PCP and she's kind of hot. Which is why I chose her.

But the real hottie is the practitioner at our local CVS Minute Clinic. I hope and pray for my kids to get ear infections so I can take them in...

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Damn Chi - that woman could make a guy a hypochondriac!

My male doc likes to joke that if I come in for my physical/prostrate exam more than once a year, he'll have to stop seeing me as a patient.

Once when I was living in Florida on temporary duty, I went for a checkup at a local office that I had never been to before and just took whatever doctor they assigned me.
It was a woman name Dr. Wiener.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

My mom's OBGYN from back in the day was named Dr. Seymann. no joke.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

I prefer female doctors, but I've had a very good male doctor and my current female in Phoenix I don't like (going back to my female doctor in Tucson).
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

My grandfather knew a surgeon back in the late 50s whose name was Dr. Butcher. His career was preordaned. My cousins who live near Redlands CA have a local obgyn clinic appropriately named the Beaver Clinic. Google that one. I assure you it's legit. Lol. Been.meaning to get a photo of their sign for years.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

All you people go to the doctor a lot. I haven't had a pcp in 10+ years and haven't had a physical in probably 15 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I'm 38 and had not been to a doctor for any reason since 2000...until 2 weeks ago when I awoke at 2am with severe pain and a swollen nut. Lol. Had to hit the ER for the first time ever. Turned out I had an inguinal hernia. Surgery Thurs...not looking forward to it.

On the plus side, it's going to reach my insurance deductible, so this may well be the 'year of the dr visit". Take care of all the little nagging "pre old man ailments". :-)
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

At this point in my life it doesn't matter. I'm a decade or so away from diapers.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.