News of the weird

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

pokinmik

Re: News of the weird

Post by pokinmik »

Haha yea PoM you could've stopped reading if you wanted. Whether we like it or not stuff like that really happens. But yes we all share that sick feeling in the stomach while reading about the horror. Those people are pure evil.

"we're hunting clowns." haha, good find Greg.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'm with POM, actually. Is horrifying stuff weird? I suppose so, but it's not the first adjective I'd choose. Pink condoms on public statues? That's weird. :)

When I've come to this thread in the past, it's been with an expectation to laugh.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Mpreg Central runs website for male pregnancy enthusiasts

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 7116826816
PICTURES show the swollen belly and breasts of young mother who looks almost nine months pregnant — only this is no ordinary woman.

The body actually belongs to Tom, a 35-year-old man from Belgium who “loves dressing up pretending to be pregnant,” according to his profile online.

He’s created his own bump and fake breasts filled with water which he wears and posts pictures of to thousands of followers via his website, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channel. His chirpy updates contain plenty of “belly hugs” and notes on how he loves the feel pregnancy gives him.

And Tom, who claims to have been obsessed with the idea since childhood isn’t alone. He’s one of thousands of “mpreggers” from around the world, men who love the idea of being pregnant and all that it entails.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Naked Man Sleeps And Drinks Whiskey On New York Subway (NSFW)

http://www.ereporter.com.ng/index.php/m ... ubway-nsfw
A naked man wearing only sneakers was observed drinking whiskey and nodding off while riding the New York City subway Thursday night.

Peter Davis, a passenger who took a viral photograph of the birthday-suited rider at around 8:30 p.m., told The Huffington Post the man took "cat naps" between swigs of his bottle.

"A lot of people asked why I didn't call 911," Davis, group executive editor of the Daily Front Row fashion magazine, said to HuffPost. "The reason is that he would have just been arrested. And I'm not a snitch. And I've seen the NYPD handling people sleeping on benches and it isn't friendly."

Davis earlier told the New York Post the man rode the train for at least six stops in Manhattan. Some commuters steered clear of the man perhaps out of fear while others continued to stare at their smartphones, Davis said.

The Post later reported that a woman noted the resemblance between the man on the subway and a man who was photographed nude on a park bench recently -- also wearing similar sneakers. (Huffignton Post)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I'd argue that it's better suited for cockroaches than human beings.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

UAdevil wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:So this thread is now dead to me.

I click on it to read news of the weird.

Not stories of psychopathic nature so horrifying that I almost wished I didn't know this forum existed.

Keep that shit to places like gore websites, or at the very fucking least, put a link to the story, a small description warning as to what the link is, and allow people to decide if they want to click to it.

Sick to my stomach. That poor child.

Hmm...I'd argue that psychopathic behavior like this is indeed "weird".
I'd argue that it's better suited for cockroaches than human beings.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Some Slovenian (not Klaudija) shoots a unicorn.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... picks=true
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAdevil wrote:Image
Hot linking not allowed from that site. Reposted:

ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

The Onion (from the future): http://www.theonion.com/2056-06-22/

Heh.
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:The Onion (from the future): http://www.theonion.com/2056-06-22/

Heh.
Did you let the public distractions roll all the way through? :lol:
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Wow. These guys are awesome!

If we left, they wouldn't have nobody

When an assisted living home in California shut down last fall, many of its residents were left behind, with nowhere to go.

The staff at the Valley Springs Manor left when they stopped getting paid — except for cook Maurice Rowland and Miguel Alvarez, the janitor.

"There was about 16 residents left behind, and we had a conversation in the kitchen, 'What are we going to do?' " Rowland says.

"If we left, they wouldn't have nobody," the 34-year-old Alvarez says.

Their roles quickly transformed for the elderly residents, who needed round-the-clock care.

"I would only go home for one hour, take a shower, get dressed, then be there for 24-hour days," says Alvarez.

Rowland, 35, remembers passing out medications during those long days. He says he didn't want to leave the residents — some coping with dementia — to fend for themselves.

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/21/365433685 ... ave-nobody
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

And here's the followup:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci ... could-have

Castro Valley: Valley Springs Manor owner withdraws defense, could have license revoked
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lucky she isn't in prison.

Same with this guy:

Rowland, 35, remembers passing out medications during those long days.

although he should be rewarded, not arrested.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Merkin wrote:Lucky she isn't in prison.

Same with this guy:

Rowland, 35, remembers passing out medications during those long days.

although he should be rewarded, not arrested.
Amazing that criminal charges haven't been brought (if that is the case) against the owner.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Puerco

Emotional Support Pig Kicked off Plane

Post by Puerco »

How cruel and heartless could an airline get?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/30/trave ... ?hpt=hp_t3
(CNN) -- A woman was kicked off a US Airways flight after the pig she brought for "emotional support" became disruptive, an airline spokeswoman told CNN.

The passenger and her large pig were booted from the flight before it left Connecticut's Bradley International Airport on Wednesday, spokeswoman Laura Masvidal said.

"After the animal became disruptive, the passenger was asked to deplane," she said.

How disruptive? Fellow passengers told the Hartford Courant that the big brown pig stank up the cabin of the tiny DC-bound aircraft before defecating in the aisle.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Aren't all pets there in part for emotional support? So I guess that means someone can bring their 12-foot Burmese Python on a plane for emotional support, right? Sorry it ate your service pig...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Aren't all pets there in part for emotional support? So I guess that means someone can bring their 12-foot Burmese Python on a plane for emotional support, right? Sorry it ate your service pig...
As long as it doesn't shit in the isle I'm good.
ASUHATER!

Re: Emotional Support Pig Kicked off Plane

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:How cruel and heartless could an airline get?

(CNN) -- A woman was kicked off a US Airways flight after the pig she brought for "emotional support" became disruptive, an airline spokeswoman told CNN.

The passenger and her large pig were booted from the flight before it left Connecticut's Bradley International Airport on Wednesday, spokeswoman Laura Masvidal said.

"After the animal became disruptive, the passenger was asked to deplane," she said.

How disruptive? Fellow passengers told the Hartford Courant that the big brown pig stank up the cabin of the tiny DC-bound aircraft before defecating in the aisle.
good for us airways. A smelly "comfort" pig that poops everywhere isn't a necessary service animal and has no business on a plane.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Pigs can be house broken, unless it was just scared shitless on the jet.
UAEebs86

Re: Emotional Support Pig Kicked off Plane

Post by UAEebs86 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:How cruel and heartless could an airline get?

good for us airways. A smelly "comfort" pig that poops everywhere isn't a necessary service animal and has no business on a plane.
I don't know jack shit about the airline industry but I endorse this post. Enough with the animals on planes for "anxiety disorders."
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

For anxiety I thought that's what all the alcohol is for.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Phelps watched in amusement and horror as the pig began "dropping things" in the aisle while his owner stowed her belongings. When she tied him to the armrest and tried to clean up after him, he began to howl.
"She was talking to it like a person, saying it was being a jerk," he said. "I have no problems with babies, but this pig was letting out a howl."
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Maybe not weird, but............

Delaine Bassist Otto Schimmelpenninck Suffers Ruptured Testicle Onstage

http://loudwire.com/delain-otto-schimme ... e-onstage/
Delain bassist Otto Schimmelpenninck unfortunately suffered an injury that every man fears. During a show in Birmingham, England, the bassist ruptured a testicle after being hit in the beanbag by a streamer cannon.

Formed in 2002, Delain rose to prominence in the symphonic metal scene, releasing four full-length albums which have all received very positive reviews. The latest from the Nordic act is ‘The Human Contradiction,’ which was released earlier this year via Napalm Records.

As for Otto Schimmelpenninck’s injury, the bassist wrote all about the incident in very explicit detail. Hold your breath, guys:

After what can be described as one of the most unpleasant adventures I’ve ever had to endure, we’re back home again from the UK. As a lot of people are asking about my injuries and lots of friends know what happened already, I figured it would be best to share with you all. before all kinds of versions of this story start to circulate. Spoiler alert: you might want to read this another time if you were planning on having sex within the hour or so.

As some of you know, we use ‘streamer canons’, which shoot silver streamers into the audience, usually during The Gathering. We’ve been using this for ages without any problems at all, but in Birmingham things went wrong.

Since we were with 6 on stage instead of 5, there wasn’t really a standard position on stage. Normally, Charlotte would be stage center, Timo at the singing mic, I at the other side. Having Merel on stage with us meant everyone just had to pay attention at the moment the streamers would shoot. In my enthusiasm I did not pay attention, and happened to be VERY close when the streamer fired. It hit me from the back, in my genitals. Although pain was pretty bad right away, I was merely pissed off at myself for not paying attention. During the next song, pain got worse though, and I had the feeling I was bleeding. Pretty soon pain got to the point where I could barely stay conscious anymore, but for some reason I did manage to finish the show and even squeeze out some grunts!

After the show the damage was more obvious: my scrotum was the size of a big grapefruit and I was in a lot (yeah, really a lot) of pain. I was taken to the nearest hospital where after hours and hours of waiting, I was finally operated around 8:30 in the morning. It appeared here my left testicle had been ruptured as well as some arteries.

More than 500 ml of blood was removed from my scrotum and my testicle stitched up. I stayed in hospital for the rest of day and night, and was discharged on Friday afternoon. From there I took the plane to Glasgow where I was reunited with my girlfriend and the Delain family. Fortunately we had had a very comfortable nightliner and top-notch driver, so I could travel quite comfortably and get some rest until we got home.

I was very close to losing my left testicle, but chances are good it will be fine. It will take about 6 weeks until I can find out though, when I have an ultrasound scan. It will also be a while before I am without the very uncomfortable pain I am in now, but sadly, it’s just the way it is for now. I should be ok well in time for the european tour with Sabaton though.

Again, thank so much for all your get well wishes, support and kind messages, it means a lot to me!
Get well soon, Otto! You’re tougher than any of us could dream of being. Send your own well-wishes to Otto at his personal Facebook page.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Goodness gracious, Great Balls of Fire.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

RIP Otto.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I was taken to the nearest hospital where after hours and hours of waiting, I was finally operated around 8:30 in the morning.

So much for National Health!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Symphonic metal blows
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

woah
Vicksburg| A group of Mississippi hunters who shot and killed an alligator weighting 910 pounds (413 kilograms) on Sunday, were amazed when they discovered that the animal already bore injuries caused by musket ammunitions from the Civil War era. A total of 9 spherical projectiles was found, and the various tests and analysis realized on them have confirmed that they were indeed fired at the animal in the 19th Century.

Nine of the wounds on the animal are believed to have been caused by Enfield Pattern 1853 rifle-muskets. These old injuries were concentrated around the animals tail and hind legs, suggesting that the reptile could have possibly been used as a target for shooting practise by Confederate troops.

The huge animal also bore five other bullet wounds from three different calibers of hunting rifles, as well as many dents and scars, which shows that it survived many firearm injuries in the past. It did not however, survive the six .50-caliber bullets fired at him by the group of amateur hunters from Jackson, who were finally able to take it down.

- See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-hun ... ljg9u.dpuf
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

scumdevils86 wrote:woah
Vicksburg| A group of Mississippi hunters who shot and killed an alligator weighting 910 pounds (413 kilograms) on Sunday, were amazed when they discovered that the animal already bore injuries caused by musket ammunitions from the Civil War era. A total of 9 spherical projectiles was found, and the various tests and analysis realized on them have confirmed that they were indeed fired at the animal in the 19th Century.

Nine of the wounds on the animal are believed to have been caused by Enfield Pattern 1853 rifle-muskets. These old injuries were concentrated around the animals tail and hind legs, suggesting that the reptile could have possibly been used as a target for shooting practise by Confederate troops.

The huge animal also bore five other bullet wounds from three different calibers of hunting rifles, as well as many dents and scars, which shows that it survived many firearm injuries in the past. It did not however, survive the six .50-caliber bullets fired at him by the group of amateur hunters from Jackson, who were finally able to take it down.

- See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-hun ... ljg9u.dpuf

You do know that's a satire/parody site? http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/11 ... de-120114/
the real dill

Post by the real dill »

Nebraska player jumps out of car to take selfie with racoon, gets bitten, kills racoon with wrench

http://deadspin.com/nebraska-player-blu ... socialflow
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Woman Spends A Month Knitting From Her Vagina

http://sobadsogood.com/2014/11/30/woman ... f-my-womb/
Self-confessed 'craftivist' Casey Jenkins is causing quite a stir with her performance piece known as 'Casting Off My Womb'.

Not for the squeamish, it involves her placing an entire knitting ball of wool deep inside her vagina, using it to knit various garments over 28 days. She even continues to knit whilst going through menstruation...

“If you take a good, hard look at a vulva, you realize it's just a bit of a body. There's nothing that is shocking or scary, you know, nothing that is going to run out and eat you up
.”

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Wtf... That definitely fits within 'news of the weird' azgreg.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

dafuq?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm guessing she got tired of chasing the yarn ball across the room.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It's only performance art if you die onstage of toxic shock syndrome.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So did anyone give their kids the Dil-Doh for Christmas?
-JB
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

'ruined our christmas'? Really. lol. Get a grip. Stupid design for sure though. Sure to be a collector's item.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jennifer Turner must really nag her husband.

or if single, calls her son her "little man".
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Jennifer Turner must really nag her husband.

:lol:
so damn true.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jennifer Turner looks like she's dabbled with her share of man-playdoh in the past. Probably why the new toy is NOT okay.

Nice curls. But wouldn't buy her a bagel in the morning.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:

so damn true.
BTW...Whatever happened to the 35-40yo chicks thread? NorCalCat was all over that thread for good laughs.

Still chuckle about his comment about single chicks who work as admin assistants and rock out to Train or the e-cards that people post on Facebook. :lol:

That thread needs to be started up here if it hasn't been yet. But we need a good story first.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

so damn true.
BTW...Whatever happened to the 35-40yo chicks thread? NorCalCat was all over that thread for good laughs.

Still chuckle about his comment about single chicks who work as admin assistants and rock out to Train or the e-cards that people post on Facebook. :lol:

That thread needs to be started up here if it hasn't been yet. But we need a good story first.
that's exactly what your comment just made me think of. that thread was golden. as someone who is about to enter the victory lap of my 20s I am slowly seeing more and more the attitude of those chicks. my best friend is dabbling with a 30 year old chick who is divorced with a young child and holy cow...he sends me FB screen shots. she is going to be the model of a 35-40 yr old chick
UAEebs86

51 YEARS AFTER WRECK, 7-INCH CAR PART FOUND IN ARM

Post by UAEebs86 »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... TE=DEFAULT

CREVE COEUR, Mo. (AP) -- Fifty-one years ago, Arthur Lampitt of Granite City, Illinois, smashed his 1963 Thunderbird into a truck. This week during surgery in suburban St. Louis, a 7-inch turn signal lever from that T-Bird was removed from his left arm.

Dr. Timothy Lang removed the lever Wednesday during a 45-minute operation. Lampitt, now 75, is recovering at home.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch ( http://bit.ly/1EOtGa6 ) reports that the accident broke Lampitt's hip, drawing attention away from the arm, which healed.

A decade or so ago, his arm set off a metal detector at a courthouse. An X-ray showed a slender object the length of a pencil, but since it caused no pain or hardship, Lampitt was told to let it be.

He was moving concrete blocks a few weeks ago when the arm began to hurt for the first time.

"Everything was fine until it started to get bigger," Lampitt's wife, Betty, said. "The arm started bulging."

Lampitt decided to have surgery. He initially wasn't sure what was in the arm. He wondered if perhaps a medical instrument had been left during the emergency room visit in 1963.

He unearthed a collection of old photos of the mangled Thunderbird taken by a friend at the scene. He noticed the metal blinker lever was missing from the left side of the steering column. He figured that was it, and surgery at City Place Surgery Center in Creve Coeur, Missouri, confirmed it.

"Seven inches long," Lang told Betty.

"Oh, my God," Betty said.

Lang said a protective pocket grew around the lever.

"We see all kinds of foreign objects like nails or pellets, but usually not this large, usually not a turn signal from a 1963 T-Bird," Lang said. "Something this large often gets infected."

Lampitt wasn't sure what he'd do with the lever - maybe make a key chain out of it.

"We'll figure out something, I am sure," he said.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Was the turn signal from a '63 T-Bird one of the objects you had to remove in that board game Operation?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Maybe if you implant baseball cards they will be valuable once they are rediscovered and removed. Not exactly mint condition though.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Missing woman unwittingly joins search party looking for herself

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/28/mi ... or+herself
A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party.

The group was travelling through Iceland on a tour bus and stopped near the volcanic canyon in the southern highlands Saturday afternoon, reports the Icelandic news organization mbl.is.

One of the women on the bus left to change her clothes and freshen up. When she came back, her busmates didn't recognize her.

Soon, there was word of a missing passenger. The woman didn't recognize the description of herself, and joined in the search.

About 50 people searched the terrain by vehicles and on foot. The coast guard was even readying a helicopter to help.

But the search was called off at about 3 a.m., when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.