Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: Venting Thread

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ASUHATER! wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am
Carcassdragger wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am Put in desert landscaping man.
He does. Front yard is all rocks and back is dirt and rocks with just like 6 fruit trees. Big leak in the system is what the problem is
Quit covering for him. He's gotta sell the ark.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I didn’t have to water my lawn once this summer. That’s how wet it has been back East.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I turned off the automatic watering system. I also stopped watering any other stuff with the hose.

I got tired of the stupid midwestern dreams of previous owners. Had all the plants and trees I killed cut down and taken away yesterday.

I wish I could get rid of the two giant eucalyptus trees in my back yard. That would cost about 20K.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 am I didn’t have to water my lawn once this summer. That’s how wet it has been back East.
Because I have a sprinkler system I usually snicker at my neighbors dead lawns in August while mine is robustly verdant.

Not this year. Those fuckers had just as green a lawn as I did.

Fuck you Global Climate Change
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 am I didn’t have to water my lawn once this summer. That’s how wet it has been back East.
My daughter lives in coastal NC, and not one person there has a sprinkler system.

Pretty brown this year though, compared to last year.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Would take me an hour a day to do it at least and with my work schedule and kid that ain't happening. But yea, my whole yard is mostly dirt and rocks. I just have those half a dozen fruit trees, some cactus, succulents, and about half a dozen other random bushes and things (no idea what they are).
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Thought I was gonna lose my grass and just have weeds, stuff was super dry for over a month this summer.

Just had to mow the lawn this past weekend, usually it stops growing by now, we have only had two mornings of frost up here which is crazy, I got tomatoes out of my garden last week. Last year I put up a greenhouse in September to keep my 35 tomato plants alive, we canned 96 quarts of tomatoes last fall, some were from my parents garden but still. Glad we did it, I didn't put up squat this year, was a little preoccupied.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Got a text from my best buddy still working in the woods. A friend of ours who ran the silviculture shop in the Idaho City RD in the Boise NF just died of a heart attack. He was about 52. Best government man I ever knew. Taught me a ton. Total redneck. Big, big guy. Fuck me.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Sorry for your loss dove! Sucks for sure to lose a friend who is so young
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I hope he was out hunting and died in his boots instead of in a hospital room stuffed with tubes. He was the one Trumpistani I couldn't bear to cut out of my life.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sorry dc! That's terrible news.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry to hear DC.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Thanks, guys. But the hits just keep comin'. It looks like a trip to Missoula is in the cards. I shouldn't complain that my mother is having problems. She'll be 94 in Feb. and she's fallen again and broken ribs and vertebrae. We were worried there wouldn't be hospital space for her because the Covidiot anti-vaxxers have soaked up all the beds, but somehow the universe freed up a bed. This will be the version of taking the keys from my father that I had to do a while ago. My brother, who is one of my personal heroes, carries a lot of water for our parents, but when it comes to this bit, he just doesn't have the emotional audacity. Sometimes the measure of love is calibrated in ugliness endured. This is gonna suck.

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Damnit man. I'm sorry to hear that.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

A good friend of mine who I worked with for 7 years died of breast cancer this week. She fought it as bravely as anyone I have ever seen but when it came around a 2nd time, she had nothing left to fight it. It was really a fucking gut punch to find out she had died. In the last 18 months, I've lost 2 neighbors & 1 friend to cancer. They all were integral parts of my life over the past 30 years. As they say, life is for the living
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Well, here we are again and we lost another person to cancer. Some of you may know of him as Adia has been wearing a shirt that says #linostrong. My wife worked with Lino's mom. They have been fighting this disease for about 12 years and now they have lost the battle. Lino was a sweet kid who's childhood was completely disrupted by cancer and now he is gone. Fuck this disease!
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

4 month old sleep regressions really, really suck.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Just spent a ton of time and travail cancelling my mother's credit card after a phone scammer caught her off guard. This is why I must drink during lunch.

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. The fraud I see on a daily basis is astounding.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Right as my kitchen sink was exploding gushing water everywhere, we got an email from my son’s teacher describing what a dick he was to a substitute today.

I want to plug the leaky pipe with my kid’s fucking head.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Now lost 2 friends to treatable conditions because they didn’t want to go to the Covid Hospitals to get tests and treatments, putting things off past the tipping point, both losing their lives to “complications” of their conditions, not the conditions themselves.

Both were 40/under.

Both since August 1.

Man, be safe, but get your medical tests and treatments.

Also, get the fucking Vaccine because the hospitals aren’t overrun with vaccinated folks.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:08 pm Just spent a ton of time and travail cancelling my mother's credit card after a phone scammer caught her off guard. This is why I must drink during lunch.
This shit pisses me off. What kind of low life scum preys on old folks?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:26 pm Now lost 2 friends to treatable conditions because they didn’t want to go to the Covid Hospitals to get tests and treatments, putting things off past the tipping point, both losing their lives to “complications” of their conditions, not the conditions themselves.

Both were 40/under.

Both since August 1.

Also, get the fucking Vaccine because the hospitals aren’t overrun with vaccinated folks.
That is incredibly sad. The undercover casualties of this awful disease.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:32 pm
JMarkJohns wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:26 pm Now lost 2 friends to treatable conditions because they didn’t want to go to the Covid Hospitals to get tests and treatments, putting things off past the tipping point, both losing their lives to “complications” of their conditions, not the conditions themselves.

Both were 40/under.

Both since August 1.

That is incredibly sad. The undercover casualties of this awful disease.
My most recent interaction was begging out of a mid-week trip to Anaheim to see him get an award after he begged me to come. Begged me. I took him to the airport a few weeks prior and he was like “and you’ll be there?! Promise. I’m gonna miss my flight if you don’t promise.”

I promised, but I never saw him again.

Fuck man
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

84Cat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:30 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:08 pm Just spent a ton of time and travail cancelling my mother's credit card after a phone scammer caught her off guard. This is why I must drink during lunch.
This shit pisses me off. What kind of low life scum preys on old folks?
The successful kind. Funny thing is that she is hip to all the other bullshit scams, but this POS did his groundwork and posed as a rep for Spectrum from whom she gets get internet and landline. She never suspected a thing. :evil:

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

They're always a step ahead
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm sure you've seen them all and have many cautionary tales. You should start a Scammers thread and help us keep our noses clean.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azgreg wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:31 pm
azgreg wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 pm Next Tuesday I begin the process for a tooth implant. Not looking forward to it.
Step one done. It was less than pleasant.
Step two was fucking horrible.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Having teeth has to be worth it, right?

Plus don’t they give you the good drugs?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:07 pm Having teeth has to be worth it, right?

Plus don’t they give you the good drugs?
I'm still waiting on that from the pharmacy.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

I think my sister got caught too. She said 'someone got access to her account'. I figure she gave 'em access by accident. On the other hand, she does answer all those seemingly innocent internet 'what does your birthday tell you about your toenails' phishing expeditions, so maybe they finally got enough info to guess all her details.

I haven't talked to her about it yet, but supposedly the bank is trying to figure it out for her.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Flu shot: was OK earlier; feel like shit now.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spent $52 getting my car washed.

Still found leaves and dirt in the back. Thanks for nothing fuckwads.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

$52 fucking bucks? That'll teach you to take 2 weeks off of work.

~ Wilhoit's Law
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I just go to the self serve car wash and spend maybe like $8 combined to use the washing area and vacuums.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

A couple weeks back my wife took my daughter's car to the drive thru car wash around the corner and some idiot rear ended her in the line to pay. Luckily no major damage.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I had transported mulch in the spring and a bunch of leaves to the compost site this fall (dealing with leaves is a Midwest thing) and we had numerous beach trips over the summer, so using the coin operated self-serve on our SUV wasn’t something that I thought would deal with the dirt/bark/sand/leaf mess.

Leave it to the professionals I thought…

Next time I’ll just wait for the following summer and let the high school cheer team wash it. Then when they do a half-ass job at least I’ll have the memory of the process to bring me joy.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

An Error Has Occurred Please Try Again Later

Why do I even fucking bother?

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have been getting that shit all weekend from Lowe's. As a long time computer programmer, failures in technology really irk me. If this happened to one of my apps, they would be on the horn to me to get it fixed now.

Sorry, we're having trouble signing you up. Please try again.

Still not going to frickin' Trump loving Home Depot though.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I really need to vent, not to explain, so don't judge me yet because I'll recover later. But right now I want to throw my father off a bridge and face-first into a wood chipper.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My 12-year-old just got suspended from school for the week because he asked a classmate who identifies as a lesbian questions about being a lesbian.

The principal told my wife that if he didn’t suspend him and the story got out, it could mean his job.

I just picked up my son and basically told the principal that I think he’s a coward. That 12-year-old boys have questions about sex and that if someone is going to be public about their sexuality that they would get asked questions. He doesn’t care. He said there was a “power dynamic” involved.

So my kid is home now, crying his eyes out, suspended for four days because he had some questions about sex.

This is such fucking bullshit.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 am My 12-year-old just got suspended from school for the week because he asked a classmate who identifies as a lesbian questions about being a lesbian.

The principal told my wife that if he didn’t suspend him and the story got out, it could mean his job.

I just picked up my son and basically told the principal that I think he’s a coward. That 12-year-old boys have questions about sex and that if someone is going to be public about their sexuality that they would get asked questions. He doesn’t care. He said there was a “power dynamic” involved.

So my kid is home now, crying his eyes out, suspended for four days because he had some questions about sex.

This almost exactly happened to my nephew last year. It’s a tough situation. Thankfully in our case the principal had a spine, but some nosy kid who overheard an innocent discussion of some bi-curiosity between a boy (my nephew) and a girl, made it a thing, told his parents and they freaked out and told other parents.

It’s important to let tweens ask questions and not shut them down, or the next time, they won’t ask and will go to the Internet and get more than they ever bargained for.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:06 am
Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 am My 12-year-old just got suspended from school for the week because he asked a classmate who identifies as a lesbian questions about being a lesbian.

This almost exactly happened to my nephew last year. It’s a tough situation. Thankfully in our case the principal had a spine, but some nosy kid who overheard an innocent discussion of some bi-curiosity between a boy (my nephew) and a girl, made it a thing, told his parents and they freaked out and told other parents.

It’s important to let tweens ask questions and not shut them down, or the next time, they won’t ask and will go to the Internet and get more than they ever bargained for.
So my wife just talked to the mother of the other boy who was suspended in this incident and now I’m even more pissed.

Apparently this girl who was “attacked” by getting some questions asked of her has repeatedly gone to them (my son and his friend) and initiated sexual conversations. She has told them in graphic detail about her use of sex toys and talked about how she caught her brother masturbating to gay porn. According to them, she has talked about this right in front of their homeroom and music teachers.

Today she came into music class and announced that she “hates all straight people” and that’s how the conversation started. So she gets to basically say whatever she wants because she identifies as a lesbian but my kid and his friend are suspended for asking follow up questions.

I’d love to rip this principal a new asshole in public but my youngest will be going to his school next year. I’m not sure what to do at this point but I am fucking SEETHING right now. I’m ready to tear off his head for making my kid feel like a horrible person for asking questions on a topic he didn’t even initiate.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:38 pm

So my wife just talked to the mother of the other boy who was suspended in this incident and now I’m even more pissed.

Apparently this girl who was “attacked” by getting some questions asked of her has repeatedly gone to them (my son and his friend) and initiated sexual conversations. She has told them in graphic detail about her use of sex toys and talked about how she caught her brother masturbating to gay porn. According to them, she has talked about this right in front of their homeroom and music teachers.

Today she came into music class and announced that she “hates all straight people” and that’s how the conversation started. So she gets to basically say whatever she wants because she identifies as a lesbian but my kid and his friend are suspended for asking follow up questions.

I’d love to rip this principal a new asshole in public but my youngest will be going to his school next year. I’m not sure what to do at this point but I am fucking SEETHING right now. I’m ready to tear off his head for making my kid feel like a horrible person for asking questions on a topic he didn’t even initiate.
That is utter bullshit and I hate hearing that our school system is more concerned about protecting their "woke appearance" more than the actual kids themselves. Unfortunately, your son appears to be just collateral damage.

I know it won't help but I do know Dr. Miguel Cardona and the next time I see him I'm going to mention your little story.

Just tell your son what I still tell my son to this day - "Life is not fair and you can get smacked around even though you may have done nothing wrong. Just learn from it and move on, but don't let it consume you otherwise you will become a bitter old shit like your Dad".

:lol:
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:38 pm

Jesu! That’s nothing like what I initially thought! She seems like she’s the young product of a tween having questions, unable to ask, so she turns to the Internet and is doused in extreme and lit on fire.

I’m really sorry for this. It’s so damn difficult being rational these days.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I certainly don’t blame the girl. Especially since where we live is so socially, religiously, and sexually repressive (for example, they made teachers remove rainbow flags from their classrooms so now gay kids don’t know what teachers they can confide in).

I think you’re right JMark that she probably has tons of questions and nowhere to go to find answers. So here we are.

When I spoke to the principal I told him “I get it, you don’t want a ‘Me Too’ issue” and he flat out lied and tried to pretend he didn’t know what that was. So I told him to Google it and he said, “I don’t think I will.”

What a cowardly piece of shit.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

So, I’m at my friends funeral weekend, and the parents have conducted an autopsy and had some independent specialists check up on how their 40-yo son wound up dead from causes that seemed preventable.

It had long been believed infection killed Beau from a perforated bowel from an untreated worsening of his colitis. He had gone in and asked for help early November, then Monday of Thanksgiving week, then lastly, again, on Friday after Thanksgiving.

The cause of death was determined to be a perforated bowel and ensuing infection. However, it was caused by Stage IV sarcoma which ate away at his colon and stomach from the outside.

Apparently this type of Sarcoma is almost impossible to find via scan because it spreads surrounding existing interior elements, which camouflages it.

That said, the specialists said the Sarcoma was so advanced that it likely existed in his system for well over a year.

Had his white blood cell count been tested at any time during that year, the Sarcoma would have been found prior to the perforation. It would have been a dog fight to beat the Sarcoma, but, again, it was infection that killed Beau.

Ultimately the family seems at peace that a one in a million cancer took their son instead of neglect. But Beau was a former competitive weight lifter and personal trainer who went to the Dr 2x a year for checkups and went to the hospital multiple times for the weirdness he was feeling in November.

I still feel theirs strong evidence of Beau getting left behind because the medical professionals didn’t prioritize his non-Covid distress or do some simple tests early in November to help rule out a few things.

Even had the infection been set in early in November, it was so early they probably could keep him alive enough for a chance at fighting the cancer.

As it was, when he was admitted on Black Friday, the infection was in 60% of his body and his kidneys are barely hanging on. Within 3 days in the hospital Beau had coded before being brought back to life, but was unresponsive the remainder of the time until he did 2 weeks later.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

That is a sobering story. You would like to think that if you seek medical care that you’ll get something more than a pat on the shoulder and a prescription for antacid just because the staff is so overworked that they don’t have the time or energy to really investigate what’s going on.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope you and his family and his friends can find comfort in your memories and each other.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It really is bad out there due to how overworked, short staffed, and abused healthcare workers have been every day for year now. Things are happening like this that shouldn't be because of anti vaxxers and the greed of hospital executives.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

His sister read my Facebook tribute to him in her eulogy and it hurt more than anything.

He truly was one of the best people I knew. Genuinely kind. I remember talking with him at the beginning of the pandemic when he worried his event sponsorships and marketing commissions would dry up because he feared he wasn’t ruthless enough to survive.

His numbers grew during the pandemic because at a time when the world was full of fakes, his clients saw his sincerity and stuck things through. Several came to the funeral yesterday, including 2 Fortune 500 CEOs.