Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Whoa.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:Oh for crying out loud, how can I still not be on the list. Notice me, Percy!!!!!
Not sure how I made the list. Oh wait, I agreed with Chicat.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Daryl Zero wrote:Not sure how I made the list. Oh wait, I agreed with Chicat.
Your avatar pre-qualified you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azcat34 wrote:
Salty, this forum has been around for 48 hours. If it continues to have solid migration I am sure it will look much different before the first football game this fall.
That is 100% understandable. I have no disagreement with it at all.

My only problem is: why didn't you give the same slack to the conversion team over at TOS?

Yes they did an extremely poor job of it, they did the whole job completely bass-ackwards. But they also said that it was bare bones for the moment and would take some time to get it back to where they wanted it.

That statement was barely off the keyboard and folks were tearing strips off them for not getting it perfect immediately.

It is easy to criticize the attempted upgrade 'plan'. It is clear - 100% clear - that they let some amateur convinced them that it was an easy job, or they thought they could do it themselves (how hard could it be?). This resulted in an upside down project plan, if it is not gilding the lily to call it a plan. They never wanted to spend much money on the free board systems, so getting someone who knew what they were doing was out of the question. But maybe they were running on Windows XP and their hand was forced. I dunno and I don't care; they should have built the entire thing off-line and only attempted cut-over when it was ready, fine. I don't need to criticize them, they have actually criticized themselves.

More important to me is why do you think you deserve time to get it right when you wouldn't grant it to TOS conversion team?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you appear to be clueless on the matter.

Truth is I have begged admin for simple changes, more powers to voted in members if the board, simple feature upgrades, and been either shined on or rebuffed for two whole years.

Others have as well.

It's not about the upgrade. That debacle spurred us to do what we should have done prior, and create an alternate forum.

The issues aren't superficial like that. They stem from a foundation of abandonment of admin, ignoring of our outreach, deprioritizing the community, then strong-arming and holding hostage every free-boarder to pay for subscriptions if we wanted to see the free board stay alive.

This has built over months. Years even.

The admin had the perfect crew in place and ran them off, and in his envy, basically cut us all off from ever doing anything for that forum.

Read the thread. I know it's dense. But the admin was outright wrong in this, and is completely undeserving of our support.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Speaking for myself, I thought that MAO (Mystery Admin Overlord) had finally pulled the plug on TOS. He had threatened to do so because the free boards don't make him any money. The two week period of no communication from him and the garbage upgrade made me think he had finally made good on his threat to pull the plug.

TOS wasn't what made the community fun and engaging at TOS, it was the community itself. If we can keep the community of posters intact in a proactive manner before MAO finally does pull the plug on TOS, then all of this is worth it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

RichardCranium wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Salty, this forum has been around for 48 hours. If it continues to have solid migration I am sure it will look much different before the first football game this fall.
That is 100% understandable. I have no disagreement with it at all.

My only problem is: why didn't you give the same slack to the conversion team over at TOS?

Yes they did an extremely poor job of it, they did the whole job completely bass-ackwards. But they also said that it was bare bones for the moment and would take some time to get it back to where they wanted it.

That statement was barely off the keyboard and folks were tearing strips off them for not getting it perfect immediately.

It is easy to criticize the attempted upgrade 'plan'. It is clear - 100% clear - that they let some amateur convinced them that it was an easy job, or they thought they could do it themselves (how hard could it be?). This resulted in an upside down project plan, if it is not gilding the lily to call it a plan. They never wanted to spend much money on the free board systems, so getting someone who knew what they were doing was out of the question. But maybe they were running on Windows XP and their hand was forced. I dunno and I don't care; they should have built the entire thing off-line and only attempted cut-over when it was ready, fine. I don't need to criticize them, they have actually criticized themselves.

More important to me is why do you think you deserve time to get it right when you wouldn't grant it to TOS conversion team?
umm it's because the admin has for years now lied to users, belittled them, been condescending, tried to nearly extort premium subscriptions from them...and on and on and on. people have for a long time on that board offered their help with moderating, administration, donating funds for upgrades...but it all is ignored or mocked or dismissed by the admin..for them to later complain that we were freeloaders and to threaten to close the free boards. enough was enough.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just to echo everyone else's thoughts, the upgrade and subsequent lack of communication was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. And that wasn't even a quick decision. We went for days using broken boards before we started this up. From what we could tell from the total lack of response from MAO or Tracy or Matt, the boards were going to stay that way forever.

This experiment here has been the total opposite. Board founders have been in constant communication with members and have solicited feedback at every turn. And it's being built by us, for us. So of course there will be more leeway given here. There's no history of outright lies in the name of premium subscription profit, nor has there been any acrimony against "free-loaders". Some of us gave GoAZCats over a decade of patience, time, and monetary support and MAO threw that all away. So this notion that we jumped ship before giving them two days to correct what was wrong is ludicrous. Some of us have been waiting patiently for years only to be told we don't matter and to basically fuck right off.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PhatKat

Post by PhatKat »

Most of you are world-class whiners. However, I may have been wrong about the degree of conviction and the number of folks committed to leaving GoAz. Personally I don't give a sheit and only took the opposite perspective because it amused me to do so. You can't make fun of the lemmings if you are one.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

I guess Phatkat is gracing us with his presence. I know it pained you to save that new bookmark and learn a simple message board, we all went thru it.

You are clueless if you don't understand why people left. You sound like Storey, thinking the URL is more important than the people.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Wouldn't we be "whiners" if we stayed at TOS and didn't actually do anything about what we were complaining about?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Got this gem before Percy 1 told Percy 2 and I was outed as a joker and added to the list.
4Life wrote: Yes, everyone says my greatest attribute is my patience. I grew up on the beaches of Oceanside dealing with surfer jocks like these guys every damn day. It's nothing new to me. Plenty of waves, as they say. But, what does that say about these fools that they never take anything seriously? (the jokers) or the actual bigots? (Chicat/Bruins)
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I've never seen anyone trumpet "I'm a Jew" as much as that guy. Is he trying to justify his Nazi fascination?
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

PhatKat wrote:Most of you are world-class whiners. However, I may have been wrong about the degree of conviction and the number of folks committed to leaving GoAz. Personally I don't give a sheit and only took the opposite perspective because it amused me to do so. You can't make fun of the lemmings if you are one.
Sup killervibe.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Why is Percy only interested in outing the jokers? What about the smokers? The midnight tokers?

Maybe he sure doesn't want to hurt no one.

Or maybe, just maybe, he gets his lovin on the run.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Just caught up on 4life and Bert ranting over at TOS. Hilarious stuff. The Steve Buscemi from Billy Madison comparisons couldn't be more apt the way he is adding people to his 'list'.
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Dear GOAZCATS:

As a long time free-loading free-boarder, meaning I do not contribute substantively to the wealth of information exchanged on the free-boards, I write to thank you for supporting the free-boards for more than a decade.

The site's market-leading journalism, combined with the various knowledgeable characters who populate the free-boards, has helped to sate my appetite for UA basketball no matter where I am in the world. There is no better resource for fans of UA athletics.

Equally, I realize this is a business, albeit one that grew out of a passion for all things UA and Tucson. And even though the "customer is always right", I do not share the sense of entitlement expressed by many on these boards when there was an (unsuccessful) attempt to modernize the platform. Nevertheless, I share the community's loudly expressed passion for continued access to the free-boards (in their traditional glory) and am grateful that they have returned to the old form.

As UA basketball and football return to the pinnacle of success in the coming seasons, I trust that this site will continue to be an oasis of information in the desert.

Cheers,
AZMONO

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Why is Percy only interested in outing the jokers? What about the smokers? The midnight tokers?

I wish he would fly like an eagle into the sea.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The "Happy Birthday Jim Storey" thread that AZMONO last posted in (2003), is an interesting read.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Hey. I bought these socks for my 6yo stepdaughter. She loves them!

Image[/quote]
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

So Bert is Percy, and 4Life is WPG?

ArzCatz3 wrote:Don't forget your imaginary wife / family!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BearDown89 wrote:Hey. I bought these socks for my 6yo stepdaughter. She loves them!

You mean when you're not wearing them?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe wrote:The "Happy Birthday Jim Storey" thread that AZMONO last posted in (2003), is an interesting read.

Did Johnny Optimist ever make it over?

NewportCat wrote:Jim your the best and Happy Birthday. Jim is my inspiration for going out and just getting things done! The guy is just a Stud
Some things were always the same weren't they?

Jim Storey wrote:I can tell you first hand that I do not have three BMW's that's for sure. Hansen has a way of spinning things. But I will tell you that you are missing out on a lot of great info and other cool features by not subscribing. You should at least try out the 7 day free trial.

At any rate, thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

JS
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Why is Percy only interested in outing the jokers? What about the smokers? The midnight tokers?

Bigot
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Bigot
Don't make me wish PermaDeath on you joker!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I think we all need a little pompatus of love to share.

Very first post at TOS:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showpost.php?p=1&postcount=1
GOAZCATS.com wrote:Hey Wildcat Fans! Thanks for taking the time to check out our site and the message board. It is our hope that the GOAZCATS.com message board will become the Nation's premier FREE USAGE Wildcat message board. No monthly dues or subscription service... just the best place around for Wildcat conversation. This board is the most technically advanced message board available, and we hope you take advantage of its capabilities and post frequently! If you have any suggestions about the site or the board drop us a line so we can make the site the best it can be.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

azgreg wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:Hey. I bought these socks for my 6yo stepdaughter. She loves them!

You mean when you're not wearing them?
You should see the way those rainbow unicorn farts spread out over my massive calves.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I can imagine.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

PhatKat wrote:Most of you are world-class whiners. However, I may have been wrong about the degree of conviction and the number of folks committed to leaving GoAz. Personally I don't give a sheit and only took the opposite perspective because it amused me to do so. You can't make fun of the lemmings if you are one.
You don't know Jack shit about the message board industry...and how MAO was an idiot. You're the lemming if you want to stay at that corrupt echo chamber of a dead site.

FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Permadeath, multiple characters in Wow. 4Life sure has a lot of knowledge about video games to call others out on it. I would wager he played (plays) Wow for a long time. Where your mind is, there you are. In other words I wouldn't think of using Wow as an example.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Bigot
ODogg's globalcat impression.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
gumby

Post by gumby »

He is the pompatus of love. His next name will be Maurice.

Hey, if Vibe doesn't join, we'll miss all of the information about ... um ... uh ...
Right where I want to be.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:

He is the pompatus of love. His next name will be Maurice.

Hey, if Vibe doesn't join, we'll miss all of the information about ... um ... uh ...
You know who are Nazi sympathizers? Space cowboys.

The issue with goazcats for me was the bluntly stated attitude that free boards were irrelevant the the business plan of the website. Why would I stick at a site where the people who run it have zero investment in making it work? That attitude, not the upgrade, is the bigger deal.

Goazcats wants $, bless them on the paper chase. I would prefer to devote time where it would mean more than $.
OsideCat

Post by OsideCat »

Olsondogg wrote:Got this gem before Percy 1 told Percy 2 and I was outed as a joker and added to the list.
4Life wrote: Yes, everyone says my greatest attribute is my patience. I grew up on the beaches of Oceanside dealing with surfer jocks like these guys every damn day. It's nothing new to me. Plenty of waves, as they say. But, what does that say about these fools that they never take anything seriously? (the jokers) or the actual bigots? (Chicat/Bruins)
Really - couldn't he have made up a different hometown? Pretty sure he never surfed a day in his life and couldn't name one beach.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hitting the "New Posts" button at TOS is hilarious and downright sad all at the same time.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Chicat wrote:Hitting the "New Posts" button at TOS is hilarious and downright sad all at the same time.
At least the premium articles are far more noticeable and don't scroll off the page for most of the day. MAO should be happy.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Percy's a picker
4Life's a grinner
Bert's a lover
And I'm a sinner
But, I play my music in the sun
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm just glad I got to see a Steve Miller concert a few weeks ago.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

yeah..less than 10 posts it appears in the last 24 hours (not by the admin posting articles). maybe 20-25 posts in the last 2 days total. mostly by the same 4-5 people. it's weird that people like coop cap go and post info in a couple threads a day or so ago like anyone is there to read them.

FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

Percy posts a gem.
It is the off-season so things are always slow, perhaps not this slow since some of the hardcore posters have left but it will pick up again and grow once the seasons start up again. At last count there are about 15-20 people posting at their new echo chamber, it is a small group that has greatly over estimated their value and importance. This forum is pretty big with a lot of members, I am pretty sure it can withstand the loss of such a small group, even if those people were a core group of hardcore posters, others will come around to fill the void. What is most important is that we just keep on keeping on and dont give up on this place easily, since it is still the best format and has the best resources and information, it is worth staying and fighting for.
So there are only 15-20 posting here. Uh-huh! I :lol:
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

According to the members list there are over 100 members with more than 5 posts in the week, 53 of whom have double-digit posts, and over 30 who 25+ posts, and like 15-20 who have 50 or more.

But several of the 5-10 posters just joined.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

just made my final post over there. probably will get banned for what i posted (promoting this site), but i am done with that for good. logged out of my account and i am not going back again. let's just make this site as good as we all know we can with all of the already offered support and expertise by many people here.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:just made my final post over there. probably will get banned for what i posted (promoting this site), but i am done with that for good. logged out of my account and i am not going back again. let's just make this site as good as we all know we can with all of the already offered support and expertise by many people here.
You'll make his list now unless you wee already on it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:just made my final post over there. probably will get banned for what i posted (promoting this site), but i am done with that for good. logged out of my account and i am not going back again. let's just make this site as good as we all know we can with all of the already offered support and expertise by many people here.
You'll make his list now unless you wee already on it.
i don't believe i was, even though i probably had more reason to be than some other people. never had any personal or pm interaction at all though.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:i don't believe i was, even though i probably had more reason to be than some other people. never had any personal or pm interaction at all though.
Me neither, but I made the list anyways.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I don't have a lot of posts but I'm reading religiously. Here's one to get some of those members up over the minimum threshold post count.

I too will not return to TOS - not even to lurk. My new home is here (with premium at Scout for the AR & podcasts.)
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Bear Down Vegas wrote: My new home is here (with premium at Scout for the AR & podcasts.)
Yep, me too. I was premium Scout with TOS free boards, now I've replaced TOS with this super cool site.

Speaking of, any idea on when this place will move to a more UA name? Have a more UA look? Have some sort of rep function? Just curious, no rush. My offer still stands on lending a hand with the grunt work if any coding is needed.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

phenom5 wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote: My new home is here (with premium at Scout for the AR & podcasts.)
Yep, me too. I was premium Scout with TOS free boards, now I've replaced TOS with this super cool site.

Speaking of, any idea on when this place will move to a more UA name? Have a more UA look? Have some sort of rep function? Just curious, no rush. My offer still stands on lending a hand with the grunt work if any coding is needed.
i'd pm uadevil and jmark, but my guess is sometime in the next 1-4 weeks all that will be done or in motion.

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I need to change my name...or at least my location....and done....
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Look for some little things here in the next few weeks.

As for layout and domain, I know several members have and are working on aspects of this.

I'd like to think a user-friendlier board can be had at some point this summer and a likely domain/hosting/platform migration by Football Season.

But things could move faster or slower depending on funding or effort required.