Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EVCat

Re: Venting Thread

Post by EVCat »

catgrad97 wrote:We just got a Black Bear Diner six months ago in Cottonwood to replace the f*cking terrible Sizzler.

I've been there three times since, and it's even f*cking worse. Frozen, reheated meat, clueless service and 2 hours spent at the restaurant for even a regular meal.

Hard to go out for breakfast around my town.
Cottonwood...

Clarkdale. Hmmm...

(that moment you wonder if you know someone through other someones...)

Did you live there, go to school, then return there?

As for breakfast...if you find a place that makes really good gravy for B&G, you have found your breakfast nirvana. Hippie towns always have the best breakfast...as long as they can maintain their weird vibe. Sadly, Flagstaff is fading in this respect...
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

oddly the best place i've found for cheap, simple and good breakfast is some little hole in the wall diner in Apache Junction by where my dad lives. they make their own sausage and gravy and biscuits from scratch and most everything on the menu is simple and delicious. and relatively cheap.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:oddly the best place i've found for cheap, simple and good breakfast is some little hole in the wall diner in Apache Junction by where my dad lives. they make their own sausage and gravy and biscuits from scratch and most everything on the menu is simple and delicious. and relatively cheap.
that!

Where?

Chandler Airpark's "Hanger Café" is also quality breakfast.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

EVCat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:oddly the best place i've found for cheap, simple and good breakfast is some little hole in the wall diner in Apache Junction by where my dad lives. they make their own sausage and gravy and biscuits from scratch and most everything on the menu is simple and delicious. and relatively cheap.
that!

Where?

its called the hoosier cafe or something similar? i think it is on tomahawk and apache trail.
some of the reviews are medicore but i can see where that would happen. they have a small staff and during snowbird season i bet it is crammed. i loved all the food i had there though.
Last edited by scumdevils86 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Hanger cafe is the tits.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:
EVCat wrote:
that!

Where?

its called the hoosier cafe or something similar? i think it is on tomahawk and apache trail.
some of the reviews are medicore but i can see where that would happen. they have a small staff and during snowbird season i bet it is crammed. i loved all the food i had there though.
I love the Hoosier Café. There is one on Warner and near Arizona, close to where I used to live (moved south into Snotsville Chandler). We used to hit that location all the time.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Hanger cafe is the tits.
Yes. Just time your approach or you might get bumped...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Just want to say "fuck off" to that dude who always comes to my table when eating with someone, saying "hey, I overheard your conversation and..."

I literally never respond. I just stare at that dude until he walks away.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Just want to say "fuck off" to that dude who always comes to my table when eating with someone, saying "hey, I overheard your conversation and..."

Experienced this the other day sitting at a bar. Me and my friend are talking college basketball. All of a sudden out of nowhere this guy two seats down interjects with a long diatribe about how the ACC is the best conference by far even though we weren’t talking about conferences at all.

My stare must have been hard enough to melt glass because when he finally realized I was not enjoying him barging into the convo for no other reason than the fact that HE was lonely and bored, he kind of trailed off and mumbled “well, uh, that’s just one guy’s opinion.”

Neither me or my friend said a word to him. Just picked right back up as if he hadn’t said a goddamn word. The bartender was cracking up. He must see that shit all the damn time.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Just want to say "fuck off" to that dude who always comes to my table when eating with someone, saying "hey, I overheard your conversation and..."

Experienced this the other day sitting at a bar. Me and my friend are talking college basketball. All of a sudden out of nowhere this guy two seats down interjects with a long diatribe about how the ACC is the best conference by far even though we weren’t talking about conferences at all.

My stare must have been hard enough to melt glass because when he finally realized I was not enjoying him barging into the convo for no other reason than the fact that HE was lonely and bored, he kind of trailed off and mumbled “well, uh, that’s just one guy’s opinion.”

Neither me or my friend said a word to him. Just picked right back up as if he hadn’t said a goddamn word. The bartender was cracking up. He must see that shit all the damn time.
I mean sports bars I can understand, not that I condone, but there is sports, beer/alcohol, fans are crazy etc.

But a lunch? WTF...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Overzealous credit card fraud protection.

I get it and it’s appreciate it, but not at the moment. And over stubhub, for which I have used the same card on a ton of times.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

I mean sports bars I can understand, not that I condone, but there is sports, beer/alcohol, fans are crazy etc.

But a lunch? WTF...
Lunch at a table is a for sure weird moment.

At a bar, I’d wait until someone can’t remember something or has a key fact wrong before providing some useful info and then apologizing for eavesdropping. But just jumping in with your opinion that’s straight out of 2011 should be grounds for getting thrown out of even the sportiest of sports bars.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Overzealous credit card fraud protection.

I get it and it’s appreciate it, but not at the moment. And over stubhub, for which I have used the same card on a ton of times.
Working with fraud a lot at my financial institution I get this comment all the time. For one, there is a ton of fraud I've seen in recent years with stubhub, a tonnnn. Also...at least at my institution we have 0 control over what is flagged for fraud or not. Visa basically has a bunch of computerized algorithms that take into account the merchant, distance from where you live, type of transaction, amount of transaction, frequency of the transaction etc etc and then instantly determine whether something is "suspected fraud" and they immediately block the transaction. Typically then if you do not contact the institution immediately or if the visa fraud people don't immediately call you for verification (and even if they do and you don't answer your phone) they will block your card for all future use.

It is annoying but the amount of fraud I see daily is staggering and there's really no other way around it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

But a lunch? WTF...

At a bar, I’d wait until someone can’t remember something or has a key fact wrong before providing some useful info and then apologizing for eavesdropping. But just jumping in with your opinion that’s straight out of 2011 should be grounds for getting thrown out of even the sportiest of sports bars.
You see out here in AZ, I usually don't frequent bars until NCAA time. Then you get all the "experts" that haven't watched a game the entire season to that point. Sometimes I get the random dude wearing Arizona gear, and even he is an idiot.

I prefer to be left alone in solitude during game time. I've learned that much over the years. I also get it's a me problem and not them.

For example, a while back I watch a game with my sisters whom are also Arizona grads and they both said that they've never enjoyed watching something less than that, because it looked as if I was in physical pain most of the time and that I was going to have an brain hemorrhage.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:

Working with fraud a lot at my financial institution I get this comment all the time. For one, there is a ton of fraud I've seen in recent years with stubhub, a tonnnn. Also...at least at my institution we have 0 control over what is flagged for fraud or not. Visa basically has a bunch of computerized algorithms that take into account the merchant, distance from where you live, type of transaction, amount of transaction, frequency of the transaction etc etc and then instantly determine whether something is "suspected fraud" and they immediately block the transaction. Typically then if you do not contact the institution immediately or if the visa fraud people don't immediately call you for verification (and even if they do and you don't answer your phone) they will block your card for all future use.

It is annoying but the amount of fraud I see daily is staggering and there's really no other way around it.
I’m good with it but this shit better not happen when I try to book Yosemite campsites for the summer tomorrow and only have a brief window to complete the purchase before I’m SOL.

Like I said I get it, and it was just annoying so I wanted to vent.

I also vented to the retention department and got an two annual AA Admirals Club passed for the wife and I. (In fairness it was the forth call in 24hrs to the same bank over the same issue, as it was affecting some other purchases in addition to stubhub). Never happened to me before with this card and wasted a ton of time the past day trying to unlock my card for their overzealous protection. Not to mention time we’re to purchase the things in needed to purchase a few that were time sensitive. And they didn’t call me, I had to call them.

Scum probably hates me right now. Lol
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Nah I totally get it. It's definitely frustrating. But the people who commit the fraud are very creative and it's a struggle to keep up. With the convenience of plastic cards and online purchases comes the risk.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Chicat wrote:

But a lunch? WTF...

You see out here in AZ, I usually don't frequent bars until NCAA time. Then you get all the "experts" that haven't watched a game the entire season to that point. Sometimes I get the random dude wearing Arizona gear, and even he is an idiot.

I prefer to be left alone in solitude during game time. I've learned that much over the years. I also get it's a me problem and not them.

For example, a while back I watch a game with my sisters whom are also Arizona grads and they both said that they've never enjoyed watching something less than that, because it looked as if I was in physical pain most of the time and that I was going to have an brain hemorrhage.
I can’t go to a bar to watch a UA game. In fact, I’ve been at bars while our game was on and positioned myself so I could not see the TVs so I could watch in solitude later.

I can’t imagine that I used to actually make it a point to watch at the Chicago alumni bar. I don’t even know who I was back then...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

scumdevils86 wrote:

This.

And all 5 (yeah, 5) times I have gotten a call about it, it has been fraud. And I have never had to file a Reg E claim on a debit.

The system works pretty well. But in the world of cards/ATMs, 99.999% satisfaction is not good enough. I just...well, without too much detail, a regulatory test against a procedure I reviewed and re-wrote for risk compliance related to an incredibly simple ATM function had me nearly sleepless for a week.

And we developed the process ahead of schedule, ahead of need, and nailed it. But EVERYTHING is tight in that world. And in my world right now.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

CalStateTempe wrote: And they didn’t call me, I had to call them.
This is unacceptable
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

EVCat wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

This.

And all 5 (yeah, 5) times I have gotten a call about it, it has been fraud. And I have never had to file a Reg E claim on a debit.

The system works pretty well. But in the world of cards/ATMs, 99.999% satisfaction is not good enough. I just...well, without too much detail, a regulatory test against a procedure I reviewed and re-wrote for risk compliance related to an incredibly simple ATM function had me nearly sleepless for a week.

And we developed the process ahead of schedule, ahead of need, and nailed it. But EVERYTHING is tight in that world. And in my world right now.
cool stuff, you definitely dig deeper in this stuff than I do. good to know though.
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

My sister on law is totally guilt tripping my wife. The reason? I won't support her (sil) business. The business? Amway. Apparently I am against someone becoming a millionaire in 2-5 years and it's mostly because I didn't have the desire to do it myself
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm so fucking done with February, and especially this rodeo-break weekend. Bring on march already.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I hate everything right now.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Chicat wrote:I hate everything right now.
This is worse than 2005...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Everyone we sent an invitation to for my youngest daughters upcoming first birthday.

Like it’s going to be us, my dad, my two inlaws, and a friend from school and his kids. Really bummed at my wife’s side of the family who normally rallies for this things and two of our really good friends who “made plans with grandma” despite us telling them a few weeks ago. “But we didn’t get the invite yet and we didn’t know if it was still on”

Feel really shitty right now, like I/we failed our daughter. And yeah I know she’s one and it doesn’t really make that big of a difference in the long run; but it still doesn’t feel good.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

For any of the lawyers or landlords amongst us I have a question. It's been over 48 hours since I've had hot water at my place and my wife and I have had no luck getting a response from either the management company or the owner of the property via phone, text, or email. What exactly am I supposed to do now if I can't get ahold of anybody? The same thing happened almost exactly a year ago and we had no hot water for 8 days so this is getting really fucking old.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Everyone we sent an invitation to for my youngest daughters upcoming first birthday.

Like it’s going to be us, my dad, my two inlaws, and a friend from school and his kids. Really bummed at my wife’s side of the family who normally rallies for this things and two of our really good friends who “made plans with grandma” despite us telling them a few weeks ago. “But we didn’t get the invite yet and we didn’t know if it was still on”

Feel really shitty right now, like I/we failed our daughter. And yeah I know she’s one and it doesn’t really make that big of a difference in the long run; but it still doesn’t feel good.
Only way to go from here is up!

It sucks, but they’re the ones who are missing out, not your daughter.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Kids when they are sick are hell on earth. Thank heaven they are cute.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks Chi! My awesome creative wife ended up inviting some of my oldest daughters friends who we’ve become good friends with, so it will be all good.

True Odogg; do they get more whiny and slimey the older they get, when sick?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

CalStateTempe wrote:Thanks Chi! My awesome creative wife ended up inviting some of my oldest daughters friends who we’ve become good friends with, so it will be all good.

True Odogg; do they get more whiny and slimey the older they get, when sick?
I don't know. Does a paper cut on the left hand hurt more than the right?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

:lol:
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:Kids when they are sick are hell on earth. Thank heaven they are cute.
The bigger issue for me is always catching what they have. November to February consists of us passing whatever crap to each other non-stop.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:For any of the lawyers or landlords amongst us I have a question. It's been over 48 hours since I've had hot water at my place and my wife and I have had no luck getting a response from either the management company or the owner of the property via phone, text, or email. What exactly am I supposed to do now if I can't get ahold of anybody? The same thing happened almost exactly a year ago and we had no hot water for 8 days so this is getting really fucking old.
I'd give a read on the az landlord tenant act https://housing.az.gov/sites/default/fi ... n-2018.pdf" target="_blank
. Promptly notify the landlord in writing of any situation or occurrence that requires the
landlord to provide maintenance or make repairs or otherwise requires the landlord to take action
as prescribed in section 33-1324.
Sounds stupid, but I think you have to notify them in writing. not sure if emails count as "in writing". Also the statues on this are somewhat vague. giving a time frame but then stating that it doesnt apply in emergencies. Well, I'd say no hot water is fairly urgent, but is it an emergency? I dunno.

Also your lease might contain more specific details on such a scenario.

Having a shitty landlord is not fun, I've been there.

::::

seems like this section would pertain to your situation:
https://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.as ... ocType=ARS" target="_blank
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

thanks for the info...I did find that last section in your 2nd link earlier. I just don't know where to go next. Been 5 hours since my post and still no response from anyone. We technically haven't been under a lease in a long time. My wife moved into this property in July 2014 when we were still dating and her lease was up in June 2015. we haven't signed any other documents or lease since then so it has been month to month.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:thanks for the info...I did find that last section in your 2nd link earlier. I just don't know where to go next. Been 5 hours since my post and still no response from anyone. We technically haven't been under a lease in a long time. My wife moved into this property in July 2014 when we were still dating and her lease was up in June 2015. we haven't signed any other documents or lease since then so it has been month to month.
Well that situation can have its benefits as well.

Unfortunately it kind of sounds as if your landlord doesn't really give a shit about maintaining the place (your water before/now, your cooling went out as well if I'm remembering correctly in the past).

Hopefully they either respond quickly to you, or you find a better situation soon.

If I knew more about water heaters I'd offer to help you figure out the problem, but I'm clueless on them.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what's wrong with it, it's responding the same way it did last year. We really don't want to move because the location is very private and has space and is quiet for the middle of town...and we pay about 150 or 200 bucks under market for what we should for this property. But it still sucks that when shit breaks nothing is fixed in a timely manner. We've made 3 phone calls, sent 2 emails and several texts since Monday afternoon with 0 acknowledgement.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

finally got a call back. well my wife did...about 5 mins after i submitted a very strongly worded message through the management company's website with links to the above referenced arizona statutes. they're passing us off to some plumber who may or may not call me or my wife (who is working at the hospital all day with no real access to her phone until 6 pm).

I was not very pleasant over the phone to this lady who I ended up talking. Of course she stated that she never heard anything from us and said "oh this sounds like an emergency". No shit asswipe.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:finally got a call back. well my wife did...about 5 mins after i submitted a very strongly worded message through the management company's website with links to the above referenced arizona statutes. they're passing us off to some plumber who may or may not call me or my wife (who is working at the hospital all day with no real access to her phone until 6 pm).

I was not very pleasant over the phone to this lady who I ended up talking. Of course she stated that she never heard anything from us and said "oh this sounds like an emergency". No shit asswipe.
well I'm glad you at least got a call back on it. Hopefully the actual repair doesn't take too much longer.

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

We really don't want to move because the location is very private and has space and is quiet for the middle of town...and we pay about 150 or 200 bucks under market for what we should for this property.[/quote]

Ah gotcha.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

my wife just messaged me. there's a plumber there and he wants to replace the whole water heater. cool. not my money. but my wife uses fridays to do about 7-9 hours of clinical paperwork and homework for nursing school. and now she has to get that done while a bunch of plumbers are sawing away at the ceiling and banging shit around all day. she can't leave either because of our small dog.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Fucking piece of shit motion sensor paper towel dispenser . . .
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My cat peed on my wife yesterday.....twice.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

My daughter barfed on my work pants this am.

Curdled milk style.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Made the mistake of having Panda Express for lunch today. Can't. Stop. Farting.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Just once I’d like to come home and have the first thing to come out of my wife’s mouth NOT be a complaint.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:Just once I’d like to come home and have the first thing to come out of my wife’s mouth NOT be a complaint.
Dream on, dude. Wife and I will be celebrating 10 years of that unremitting daily joy in December.

Tonight, it was, "How come sometimes you can say completely normal things, and other times the words out of your mouth are so weird and strange?"

Feelin' the bliss, let me tell ya.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

2 year anniversary for me next month. We're both very bossy and stubborn people but somehow it works. We have our spats and verbal sparring matches here and there but we are almost never not on the same page. I hope I'm just lucky!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

catgrad97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Just once I’d like to come home and have the first thing to come out of my wife’s mouth NOT be a complaint.
Dream on, dude. Wife and I will be celebrating 10 years of that unremitting daily joy in December.

Tonight, it was, "How come sometimes you can say completely normal things, and other times the words out of your mouth are so weird and strange?"

Feelin' the bliss, let me tell ya.
being married sounds awful (except for sd86 and his wife since they're pretty awesome, I can attest as an outside observer).
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Being married is fine. It’s people that suck.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:Being married is fine. It’s people that suck.
:lol: they do suck.