Weight Loss

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ByJoveByJingle

Re: Weight Loss

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

I think it also depends on your age. I ran competitively as a youngin’ and have been running most of my life with some long and fatty interludes. I’m finding now in my late 40s that I get repetitive use injuries much more easily. Achilles troubles, knee troubles, etc. The last thing I’d want to do now is add weight to my runs (beyond the extra belly lard I’m already dragging around). What if you replaced one or two of your runs with some HIIT routines or mixed weight sessions? If you do a search for Fitness Blender on YouTube there is a man and woman who have great routines that kick your ass in 20-45 minute sessions.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Why doesn't everyone just swim?

And I don't just mean you runners, who enjoy hurting yourself with all that weight and impact.

I mean all you people standing around in the pool acting like I'm in your way when I have swim into the neighboring lane to try and get around you.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:What if you replaced one or two of your runs with some HIIT routines or mixed weight sessions?
This.
Longhorned wrote:Why doesn't everyone just swim?
Plus this.

Wind sprints. Pull your body through a fluid medium as fast as possible for a full lap. Repeat.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:Why doesn't everyone just swim?

And I don't just mean you runners, who enjoy hurting yourself with all that weight and impact.

I mean all you people standing around in the pool acting like I'm in your way when I have swim into the neighboring lane to try and get around you.
My workout is a 3 mile run plus 1/4 mile swim 3 times a week.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I joined the JCC, which has helped my exercise program now that it's cold again in Tucson and I can't just swim in an unheated pool.

But I've also lost 10 pounds since September 1 for a different reason: my long-held suspicion that the real way to lose weight isn't through dieting, but through a commitment to sheer gluttony. It takes some thoughtfulness that we don't always have time for, but if you commit to it, the pounds really come off. Basically, you have to allow yourself to eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and as often as you want. And then on top of that, you have to eat more yet: the purely healthy 100% food items, especially the fatty kind like avocados and beans and stuff like that.

What happens is you gain about 1-2 pounds, and then you basically turn into one of those skinny people you know, and the pounds start shedding as long you're exercising and front-loading on the 100% food items. I should publish it and make a lot of money, and include a video where I tear up a little and talk about how mean kids were to me back when I got suck in a ride at Encanto Park.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I started a ketogenic diet and have done fantastic. I'm 6'1" and went from 240 to 205 in a little over 2 months. Still want to lose around 20 more pounds. I stopped eating all sweets, grains, and starchy vegetables (rice, potatoes, and corn). I have eaten out once since the end of July. I cook or prepare everything, and most of my food comes from the Farmers Market. Everything I eat is as healthy as possible. If it is organic, grass fed, pasture raised, uncured, no nitrates, etc..., it is fair game.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I just can't bring myself to ever give up potatoes
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

ASUHATER! wrote:I just can't bring myself to ever give up potatoes
what about pizza?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:I just can't bring myself to ever give up potatoes
what about pizza?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh probably not. I mean you can still eat pizza and potatoes and lose weight and be healthy...just can't do it all the time.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:I joined the JCC, which has helped my exercise program now that it's cold again in Tucson and I can't just swim in an unheated pool.

But I've also lost 10 pounds since September 1 for a different reason: my long-held suspicion that the real way to lose weight isn't through dieting, but through a commitment to sheer gluttony. It takes some thoughtfulness that we don't always have time for, but if you commit to it, the pounds really come off. Basically, you have to allow yourself to eat whatever you want, as much as you want, and as often as you want. And then on top of that, you have to eat more yet: the purely healthy 100% food items, especially the fatty kind like avocados and beans and stuff like that.

What happens is you gain about 1-2 pounds, and then you basically turn into one of those skinny people you know, and the pounds start shedding as long you're exercising and front-loading on the 100% food items. I should publish it and make a lot of money, and include a video where I tear up a little and talk about how mean kids were to me back when I got suck in a ride at Encanto Park.
You should join the Racquet Club instead. They have a heated pool too but also have a bar/ restaurant. Join and I'll buy you some guac, chips and beer. The pounds will float away...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Catintheheat wrote:I started a ketogenic diet and have done fantastic. I'm 6'1" and went from 240 to 205 in a little over 2 months. Still want to lose around 20 more pounds. I stopped eating all sweets, grains, and starchy vegetables (rice, potatoes, and corn). I have eaten out once since the end of July. I cook or prepare everything, and most of my food comes from the Farmers Market. Everything I eat is as healthy as possible. If it is organic, grass fed, pasture raised, uncured, no nitrates, etc..., it is fair game.
I’m calling the police...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Chicat wrote:
Catintheheat wrote:I started a ketogenic diet and have done fantastic. I'm 6'1" and went from 240 to 205 in a little over 2 months. Still want to lose around 20 more pounds. I stopped eating all sweets, grains, and starchy vegetables (rice, potatoes, and corn). I have eaten out once since the end of July. I cook or prepare everything, and most of my food comes from the Farmers Market. Everything I eat is as healthy as possible. If it is organic, grass fed, pasture raised, uncured, no nitrates, etc..., it is fair game.
I’m calling the police...
haha. I have to hold back. I actually have to hold back. I was in the hospital a couple months ago and admitted into observation with diabetic ketoacidosis due to my horrible eating. Ate out almost every day. That changed everything. I am so passionate about my food that I have to hold back because I can annoy people to no end. Some days I only eat one meal a day (intermittent fasting). My blood sugar is back to normal and I no longer need to take medication for hypertension. I still have my vices like drinking. But I only drink a small amount of alcohol with little or no carbs. My favorite is Bombay Sapphire gin (2 ounces) with club soda (found one with carbonated water and Himalayan salt only). It has no carbs and is an imported London dry gin.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:I joined the JCC, which has helped my exercise program now that it's cold again in Tucson and I can't just swim in an unheated pool.

You should join the Racquet Club instead. They have a heated pool too but also have a bar/ restaurant. Join and I'll buy you some guac, chips and beer. The pounds will float away...
Believe me, I wanted to. I love the culture there. It's all about the poolside pitchers. And the outdated vibe, including that restaurant, and the way you bring your own lock. I love that place. But like everything else in my life, it came down to who was better equipped to watch my child while I try to do what I need to do.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks to gall stone/pancreatitis fun and my 5 day/4 night stay in St. Mary's Resort err Hospital, I am below 195 pounds for the first time in close to 30 years.

I don't recommend that diet but it was a nice byproduct.

Before all that I was doing some intermittent fasting recommended by my gastro doctor and had lost about 7 pounds. Down about 22 lbs. overall.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

In Dec I turned 49 and weighed in at 182. I then set myself a goal of getting to 170 by my 50th birthday.

Not doing anything crazy- just trying to eat smaller portions, cutting out most sweets and exercising daily -running at least 3 5Ks per week -sometimes a 10K on the weekend.

Just weighed in at 165- 4 months in.

Feeling pretty good
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:54 am In Dec I turned 49 and weighed in at 182. I then set myself a goal of getting to 170 by my 50th birthday.

Not doing anything crazy- just trying to eat smaller portions, cutting out most sweets and exercising daily -running at least 3 5Ks per week -sometimes a 10K on the weekend.

Just weighed in at 165- 4 months in.

Feeling pretty good
Well done, Ari. Since we've moved from Sedona and I've been back consistently at the club I've swapped out fat for muscle but only managed to drop 5 lbs. I blame it on red wine for both lunch and dinner and the fact that my wife is a great cook. No way it's my fault, right?.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:42 am I blame it on red wine for both lunch and dinner and the fact that my wife is a great cook. No way it's my fault, right?.
True story, I was drinking way too much red wine during the pandemic and retirement, so from May 1, 2022 to end of December 2022 I stopped drinking and went from 250 pounds to 203. Gained a few back since then, since me and red wine go very well together, but did cut back on quantity, and better quality, although I never did drink Peter Vella, more Bota Box. Now I just stick to bottles.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Suffered a blunt force trauma in March, by April I was almost septic and in the hospital for 4 days. While there the doctor laid it out for me, and if I don’t improve health, within 3-5 years I’ll have major issues.

So, I’m down 30 pounds, I walk 15 miles a week, and I’m I’ve radically embraced a fresh food diet emphasis, and focuses on low sodium and low sugar. No caffeine, no fast food, and red meat only 2x a month.

Also, don’t get ever ignore internal shit.

I didn’t almost die, but I almost almost died and my whole gut health was nuked to hell by 6 different mega charged antibiotics. Been crappy to deal with.

Have a good chunk to go, and hopefully within next two months I will be cleared to do more physical workouts. For now it’s walking and light upper body until my glandular tear in my pelvic region heals.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Well done JMJ! Can't even imagine what you went through, but that's really impressive.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Good to know if you're using this class of drugs

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

JMarkJohns wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:04 pm Suffered a blunt force trauma in March, by April I was almost septic and in the hospital for 4 days. While there the doctor laid it out for me, and if I don’t improve health, within 3-5 years I’ll have major issues.

So, I’m down 30 pounds, I walk 15 miles a week, and I’m I’ve radically embraced a fresh food diet emphasis, and focuses on low sodium and low sugar. No caffeine, no fast food, and red meat only 2x a month.

I didn’t almost die, but I almost almost died and my whole gut health was nuked to hell by 6 different mega charged antibiotics. Been crappy to deal with.

Have a good chunk to go, and hopefully within next two months I will be cleared to do more physical workouts. For now it’s walking and light upper body until my glandular tear in my pelvic region heals.
I’m down 70 pounds.

Gone from 3XB to XL, dropped 6 inches in my waist, my AIC is healthy, blood sugar healthy, only meds I take any longer is a staten for those stubborn triglycerides, but Doc thinks new lifestyle will get it in check on its own in time.

I’ve had two surgical Followups and all the issues from March appear to be resolved.

I’ve walked 400 miles since Easter.

I still have Steak, Pizza, Cake, Wine, Whiskey, Pasta… I’m just smarter with it all.

Moreover, I’ve become quite the little chef with a mantra of Color Is Flavor, using lots of fresh fruits and veggies and grains in meals. If I could post pics I’d show you.

Need to lose another 20 to reach my goal, and the other 30 to put me at 120 lost will have me at my early 20s weight!

Haven’t started weight lifting or exercising beyond walking. But health was priority and I’m attaining it.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:44 pm
JMarkJohns wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:04 pm Suffered a blunt force trauma in March, by April I was almost septic and in the hospital for 4 days. While there the doctor laid it out for me, and if I don’t improve health, within 3-5 years I’ll have major issues.

I’m down 70 pounds.

Gone from 3XB to XL, dropped 6 inches in my waist, my AIC is healthy, blood sugar healthy, only meds I take any longer is a staten for those stubborn triglycerides, but Doc thinks new lifestyle will get it in check on its own in time.

I’ve had two surgical Followups and all the issues from March appear to be resolved.

I still have Steak, Pizza, Cake, Wine, Whiskey, Pasta… I’m just smarter with it all.

Moreover, I’ve become quite the little chef with a mantra of Color Is Flavor, using lots of fresh fruits and veggies and grains in meals. If I could post pics I’d show you.

Need to lose another 20 to reach my goal, and the other 30 to put me at 120 lost will have me at my early 20s weight!

Haven’t started weight lifting or exercising beyond walking. But health was priority and I’m attaining it.
What a radical, transformational accomplishment! Truly inspiring.

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

JMarkJohns wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:44 pm

I’m down 70 pounds.

That's awesome JMJ.

I put back on most the weight I lost that I posted upthread after being in the hospital last summer. Back in January, my doctor read me the riot act about being pre-diabetic and that now was the time to change things (he is diabetic and on insulin).

Since then, I've taken almost all the weight back off, back under 200 lbs, by going low-carb at least 5 days a week and walking 10,000 steps a day. My glucose and all my other readings are back down where they are supposed to be.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I, to this point, haven’t subscribed to any denial diets. I still eat the food I enjoy, I just make it much smarter and healthier. Whole wheat pasta and low/no-sodium stocks, and using more authentic pasta sauces, creating my own ramen sauces to avoid the overly salty and sugary shelf items. Eating leaner cuts of steak. Minimizing cheese to the basics. Making sweets an event, not every day item. Substituting processed foods for from scratch, including buying organic honey as my sweetener and not having sugar in the house, and limiting any shelf purchase to 4g sugar or less.

The world is full of options.

Surprisingly because I’m ordering less drive thru and takeout/dining in, I’m actually saving money despite buying more expensive quality items.

I use Noom to track my meals, but don’t really subscribe to any of the psychology stuff. It’s more about being mindful of what you eat, how it’s cooked, when you eat, and what quantity.

I do multiple meatless days per week, mixed with intermittent fasting of 16-24 hours. And I carb cycle where my pasta, rice or potato days coincide with my heavy activity days. I limit myself to alcohol 3x a week. That can be one day with 3 glasses/shots, or, 3 days with 1.

But I’ve done multiple cocktail tastings, wine tastings even in this past month.

I know at some point I will probably need to scale back even more, but right now, my dietician says it’s one of the best “real” diets she’s seen, and my doctor agrees.

7-10 fruits and vegetables daily when I make food, or simple snacks from them on my light eating days. I use lots of raw nuts for protein on meatless days.

It’s been fun. And I find I really am not remotely tempted by a lot of my old life. Doesn’t mean I surround myself by it, but I can go days without a non-fruit/veggie/nut snack. I can go weeks without alcohol.

It’s pretty amazing how the body just stops crazing crap when you feed it flavorful healthy food.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Only in America is eating regular food items considered a diet.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:34 am Only in America is eating regular food items considered a diet.
.... and where poverty correlates to obesity.

~ Wilhoit's Law
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

In today's environment you have to say, "eat real food". 60% of calories in America come from processed food.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I have found low carb has gotten a lot easier with some of the options out there now.

There's some low carb cereals, breads, tortillas, and crackers now that are decent.

I use cauliflower rice when I eat Chinese food, cauliflower crust when I have a pizza craving, and cauliflower mashed potatoes with dinner entrees.

Alcohol I do low carb beers or hard liquor. No wine or sweet drinks.

I have cheat days on the weekends to keep myself sane.
-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:23 am I have found low carb has gotten a lot easier with some of the options out there now.

There's some low carb cereals, breads, tortillas, and crackers now that are decent.

I use cauliflower rice when I eat Chinese food, cauliflower crust when I have a pizza craving, and cauliflower mashed potatoes with dinner entrees.

Alcohol I do low carb beers or hard liquor. No wine or sweet drinks.

I have cheat days on the weekends to keep myself sane.
I have also utilized smart low-carb replacements, but also love a good baked potato with low sodium stock seared spinach, broccoli, onions, leaks, chives.

And I definitely love a veggie cauliflower pizza and every so often get the supreme with pepperoni and sausage and have a slice with a game or when people are over.

Overall, I feel I behave better when I supplement, rather than deny. Just be smart. Literally, right now, my A1C, Blood Sugar, and other labs couldn’t be better for my age. Literally, I have shocked expressions and looks from the medical professionals.

Grow and adapt, for sure, tho. Won’t always be that way, but like Greg and 84Cat said, the entire world eats normal food. It’s about quantities, and the quantity of the quantities when it is normal food. Avoid processed, avoid takeout/dine in by and large. And it’s been pretty easy.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:38 am
azgreg wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:34 am Only in America is eating regular food items considered a diet.
It’s an ease thing as much as cost, unfortunately. When you’re working multiple jobs, or long night hours, or have to return home to a house with lots of chores/upkeep, it is simply easier and hassle-free to grab the $30 meal pack from wherever than cook. It doesn’t even save money as much as time, which for some is money, or their sanity.

I stopped fast food, take out, delivery cold Turkey and quickly found I had $100-150 a week for real food. Half the time I eat like a king or I save a chunk of money that week. Fruits and veggies aren’t cheap, but it’s easy to feed a family on the same amount as drive thru and take out, if you have the hour+ to prep, cook, clean. Many, don’t. I’m fortunate.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

JMarkJohns wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:11 am
It’s an ease thing as much as cost, unfortunately. When you’re working multiple jobs, or long night hours, or have to return home to a house with lots of chores/upkeep, it is simply easier and hassle-free to grab the $30 meal pack from wherever than cook. It doesn’t even save money as much as time, which for some is money, or their sanity.

I stopped fast food, take out, delivery cold Turkey and quickly found I had $100-150 a week for real food. Half the time I eat like a king or I save a chunk of money that week. Fruits and veggies aren’t cheap, but it’s easy to feed a family on the same amount as drive thru and take out, if you have the hour+ to prep, cook, clean. Many, don’t. I’m fortunate.
So true. Whole foods, healthy foods, cost more per unit of nutrition than fast food, and then there's time and utilities in preparing. Wild seafood is expensive. Unprocessed food is expensive. If not for my wife I would have to cut a lot of my "fuck off" time in half for the sake of kitchen duty. People who live in food deserts are truly dis-advantaged, and it shows in their BMI and cardio vascular health. Then there's all the damn sodium. I consider the grocery bill part of healthcare now that I'm on Medicare. Whew!

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Yep. I once was one of those guys who thought food stamps should only be for produce type items. No steaks, sodas, etc.

I've changed. Just looking around where I live and where I work shows a huge difference in what's available to different people. We're upper middle class. I live walking distance from two nice Fry's and a Sprouts along with some nice restaurants close buy. Those of you who know Phoenix it's in the 39th Ave and Thunderbird area. I work at 7th St and Broadway in S Phoenix. The closest grocery store is at least two miles away. All that is in walking distance is fast food and small markets that only have processed food and subs. When you go out as far as the reservations it gets exponentially worse.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:56 am
JMarkJohns wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:11 am

So true. Whole foods, healthy foods, cost more per unit of nutrition than fast food, and then there's time and utilities in preparing. Wild seafood is expensive. Unprocessed food is expensive. If not for my wife I would have to cut a lot of my "fuck off" time in half for the sake of kitchen duty. People who live in food deserts are truly dis-advantaged, and it shows in their BMI and cardio vascular health. Then there's all the damn sodium. I consider the grocery bill part of healthcare now that I'm on Medicare. Whew!
People will say a $5 container of mixed melon and berries is too expensive but get a McD’s 2 for $5 without hesitating. Water is cheaper than any drink, even bottled water. 1 lb of lean ground pork is $4-5, split into 4 servings, mixed with brown rice, salsa, fresh avocado for all about $5 is a $3 plate. So part of the cost is mental. I do realize there’s grossly inexpensive crap like generic mac n cheese or ramen types of meals that are less, but typically the earned money is spent on faster foods and take out for the convenience, not necessarily the cost. Value meals are $8 a person.

Anyways, happy to be healthy and eating right. Thankful I have the money and the time to do it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

azgreg wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:00 pm
Yep. I once was one of those guys who thought food stamps should only be for produce type items. No steaks, sodas, etc.

I've changed. Just looking around where I live and where I work shows a huge difference in what's available to different people. We're upper middle class. I live walking distance from two nice Fry's and a Sprouts along with some nice restaurants close buy. Those of you who know Phoenix it's in the 39th Ave and Thunderbird area. I work at 7th St and Broadway in S Phoenix. The closest grocery store is at least two miles away. All that is in walking distance is fast food and small markets that only have processed food and subs. When you go out as far as the reservations it gets exponentially worse.
This is all true and the unfortunate extremes of the examples. Being in Flagstaff so long I saw a lot of the native health issues from systemic poverty and hyper processed diets.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Down 78 pounds, now. Picked up my activity last few weeks as the calf strain seems to be healed. Walked 30 miles last 10 days, with multiple 6-7 mile days, mostly 3-5 mile days, and a few rest days of little mileage but some stretching and light weights.

Also got my labs back.

My A1C is now 5.5. My lipid panel is ideal. Sodium, Glucose all ideal.

My Bilirubins are high. I think it is from my activity plus diet. My liver wasn’t bad in April, but the conversation was about changes to help protect it. All still, I’m going in for a Ultrasound on my Liver on the 9th. I don’t show or feel any symptoms, so, it may just be I’ve had a slightly damaged but now healing Liver. Which would make sense given my old diet vs new.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I should add I’m on very light Metformin. I basically take a 2-3 pills of a 14-pill weekly regimen and Docs are OK with it because my diet is doing the heavy lifting and the Metformin acts as a cherry on a sundae type dosage.

They did put me on Lipitor, and I’m taking that nightly, but I’m gonna ask to ease it down to 2-3x a week and see how the next labs go. Ideally, for me, any medicine taken is not routine, but like an as needed type thing.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Looking it up, Lipitor in small doses has a minor impact on plasma bilirubins, so, this may be part of it. One more reason to try and find balance in the staten vs diet with my mentality being diet 70% of lifting a with meds being 30% or less.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I wanted to add this, what amounts to a Ted's Talk, here. This is one of my favorite doctor's I follow. Have read his book. This is a conference and sums up my thoughts on nutrition. The other doctor I really like is Eric Westman (https://www.dukehealth.org/find-doctors ... man-md-mhs). I've read a lot of books on nutrition and try to keep an open mind. I love this talk on the diet appropriate for homo sapiens.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Down 20-ish lbs from a few months ago. About 15 more to go.

Been working out at a gym when I can the last couple weeks and doing push-ups and sit-ups every day. Went from 15 sit-ups and 11 push-ups on Day 1 to 42 sit-ups and 32 sit-ups today on Day 9. Just goes to show that my body was desperate for any kind of activity and willing to respond in a big way even after decades of sloth.

Now the challenge is keeping it up.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:32 am Down 20-ish lbs from a few months ago. About 15 more to go.
I just weighed under 200 lbs for the first time in a decade.

The emotion around that is indescribable. Both shame at where I was and pride at where I am.

Almost literally everything has changed for me. The energy I feel, the way people see me. It’s just incredible.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:31 pm The energy I feel, the way people see me. It’s just incredible.
I've lost 40 pounds twice over the last 15 years. Very true about the energy. But I just like eating and drinking too much.

Now: