Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: What's for lunch?

Post by azgreg »

Chicken salad sandwiches today.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Finally had a chick fil a for lunch today. Chicken sandwich. Big whoop. Also, had the special chick fil a sauce that was highly recommended by a friend. He likened it to some sort of crack sauce. Basically a pure sugar sauce with a faint honey mustard type flavor. Maybe I'm just not a chicken sandwich guy, but I don't see what the big deal was. Won't make any special effort to return.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Leftovers from the weekends brisket. Probably 8 meals left with this beast!

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

BearDown89 wrote:Finally had a chick fil a for lunch today. Chicken sandwich. Big whoop. Also, had the special chick fil a sauce that was highly recommended by a friend. He likened it to some sort of crack sauce. Basically a pure sugar sauce with a faint honey mustard type flavor. Maybe I'm just not a chicken sandwich guy, but I don't see what the big deal was. Won't make any special effort to return.
I heard all the buzz and, before all that homophobia stuff went down, I tried it in the Philly airport. Didn't get it, either. But here's the thing: Nobody who tries a fast food for the first time is going to get it. That fake stuff works at a chemical level to become addictive. Nobody eats at Taco Bell because the food is good. It's just a dirty drug addiction like smoking cigarettes.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That's a beauty, Jefe.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

18oz t-bone with brown butter basted jumbo shrimp and a couple of Lagunitas Pils.

I expect I'll be updating the nap thread in a second...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:18oz t-bone with brown butter basted jumbo shrimp and a couple of Lagunitas Pils.

So, no turkey sandwich?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Why must you torture me?...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:18oz t-bone with brown butter basted jumbo shrimp and a couple of Lagunitas Pils.

this post thxgiving monday lunch is impressive -- most impressive
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:

It was delicious. Diet starts in 2016.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

97cats wrote:

It's not on the level of my 3 supreme tacos from Taco Bell, but it's close.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
i love the Lagunitas Pils to wash it back -- great choice.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
i love the Lagunitas Pils to wash it back -- great choice.
My assistant tends bar at the Lagunitas brewery here in Chicago in her off hours, so she's constantly bringing me six-packs from her mark out. I've become a huge fan of the Pils. Absolutely delicious and yet doesn't overpower any meal.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Jesus. I have NEVER come close to a pound of steak for lunch. Very rarely have it until dinner at all.

Between Chi and azcat49, do you two just burn off your calories for dinner by describing your steak to each other for the rest of the day? Talk about a tough act to follow.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Jesus. I have NEVER come close to a pound of steak for lunch. Very rarely have it until dinner at all.

Between Chi and azcat49, do you two just burn off your calories for dinner by describing your steak to each other for the rest of the day? Talk about a tough act to follow.
Nope... sex.

Not with each other. Mostly just by myself. But I'm always up for company.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
Not with each other. Mostly just by myself. But I'm always up for company.
LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah shit

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

:lol: Now why hasn't anybody put THAT in the "What's for lunch" thread?
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I do like to eat out for lunch. :lol:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I'm at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse trying to resist ordering another monster t-bone. Think I'll have another Glenmorangie and then decide.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:I'm at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse trying to resist ordering another monster t-bone. Think I'll have another Glenmorangie and then decide.
See if they have a nice turkey sandwich.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

or a light ahi tuna salad.

i had a random lunch yesterday of leftovers.

brussels sprouts with bacon from thanksgiving, twice baked spinach/feta potato and a vietnamese shrimp spring roll with a peanut butter hoisin sauce. all about 400 calories and home made mind you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:I'm at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse trying to resist ordering another monster t-bone. Think I'll have another Glenmorangie and then decide.
See if they have a nice turkey sandwich.
You're going on my Foe list. And don't even bother looking for our Christmas card.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ended up going with the butternut squash lobster bisque with cold water scallops.

And three Glenmorangies.

Delicious...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Ended up going with the butternut squash lobster bisque with cold water scallops.

And three Glenmorangies.

Delicious...
What the hell's going on with you? This better be business travel on an expense account because if this just how you roll on weekdays now, Father Time is sending you back to Madison Avenue in the 1960s.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:Ended up going with the butternut squash lobster bisque with cold water scallops.

And three Glenmorangies.

Delicious...
What the hell's going on with you? This better be business travel on an expense account because if this just how you roll on weekdays now, Father Time is sending you back to Madison Avenue in the 1960s.
It's the end of our fiscal and I have an expense budget that needs to expand big time next year. So yes, I'm Don Drapering like a boss. Had my first scotch at 11:30am.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
It's the end of our fiscal and I have an expense budget that needs to expand big time next year. So yes, I'm Don Drapering like a boss. Had my first scotch at 11:30am.
this is flat out amazing
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

And three Glenmorangies.

Delicious...
But to charge it to the company, you have to take out clients, right? Or can you just go pull Roger out of his office and live it up?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

im interested in purchasing some advertising in case anyone is interested?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

And three Glenmorangies.

Delicious...
But to charge it to the company, you have to take out clients, right? Or can you just go pull Roger out of his office and live it up?
I was with a client. He had 5 scotches (I think.... kind of lost count there for a while).

97cats wrote:im interested in purchasing some advertising in case anyone is interested?
Sweet! Let's do lunch.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

97cats wrote:im interested in purchasing some advertising in case anyone is interested?
I could bring in the University of Illinois as an account, but in doing so I'd be forbidden to accept food or alcohol from Chicat's company by penalty of termination for violating the university's code of ethics.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Longhorned wrote:
I could bring in the University of Illinois as an account, but in doing so I'd be forbidden to accept food or alcohol from Chicat's company by penalty of termination for violating the university's code of ethics.
fuck it, i'll pay for your lunch, i can be the client -- booking flight now
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
The UofI is already my client. Matt in the marketing department is a really good dude. Won't let me take him to lunch or out for a Blackhawks game though because stupid state rules say that any gifts or meals they are bought have to be accompanied by a commensurate donation to an approved not-for-profit and a 20 page TPS report detailing how the gift/meal had nothing to do with the purchasing of advertising and that he wasn't bribed.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: The UofI is already my client. Matt in the marketing department is a really good dude. Won't let me take him to lunch or out for a Blackhawks game though because stupid state rules say that any gifts or meals they are bought have to be accompanied by a commensurate donation to an approved not-for-profit and a 20 page TPS report detailing how the gift/meal had nothing to do with the purchasing of advertising and that he wasn't bribed.
just for the record, the firm i work for doesnt have any of the rules above (a broker is taking me to the Ducks game tonight sitting fourth row behind the Ducks bench with executive club passes) and im happy to pay for Longhorned to eat and drink whatever the fuck he wants.

everyone wins
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haha, nice! Our Blackhawks tickets are 3rd row off the glass. Just walking down the stairs to the seats you can see clients eyes get wider and wider and their willingness to give me all their money expand exponentially.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Doesn't sound so bad 97Cats and Chicat, not bad at all.
Salty

Post by Salty »

Man, I got into the wrong line of work!

I did have Chipotle and some home made cookies for lunch though, life is good!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There are hundreds of things I owe to 97cats as sources of happiness, and one of them is the conviction that I can eat and drink whatever the fuck I want.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

French Onion Soup, Croque Monseuir, Creme Brûlée.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Leftover KFC.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Leftover spinach, feta, shallot and roasted tomato frittata with some mandarin oranges and popcorn.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My plan is to out-lunch you all until I keel over from a massive coronary or I'm too fat to leave the house.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:My plan is to out-lunch you all until I keel over from a massive coronary or I'm too fat to leave the house.
that is readily apparent lately
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:French Onion Soup, Croque Monseuir, Creme Brûlée.
Just move there already.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Just move there already.
I was informed by the waiter, "Monseuir, in a French restaurant it is just 'onion soup'. Ze fact that it is French is obvious."

I'm obviously far too gauche to move there.

Anyone know how to say, "Go fuck yourself with a baguette you pompous dick" in French?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Just move there already.
I was informed by the waiter, "Monseuir, in a French restaurant it is just 'onion soup'. Ze fact that it is French is obvious."

Anyone know how to say, "Go fuck yourself with a baguette you pompous dick" in French?
Bragging here, but got married in France...did a little honeymoon in Paris...ordered the fucking french soup at a restaurant to eye rolls from the server. Wife wanted some cheese, so they roll out this cart with cheese enclosed in glass case like it's the fucking hope diamond...

He opened up the case and I had an episode of PTSD back to my 9th grade gym locker room.

The other good news is that meal cost like 300 fucking euro.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Just move there already.

Va te faire foutre avec une baguette vous bite pompeuse
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:My plan is to out-lunch you all until I keel over from a massive coronary or I'm too fat to leave the house.
Challenge accepted.

97cats

Post by 97cats »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:
Just move there already.

Va te faire foutre avec une baguette vous bite pompeuse
Merci beaucoup.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

2 fish tacos with chips and bottomless refried bean salsa at Taco Giro. $3.98