What's for lunch?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: What's for lunch?

Post by EastCoastCat »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm El Charro is on the list of Tucson comfort foods. Of course there's better in Tucson, just like a good raspado is better than an Eegee. But sometimes you need that what nothing better can substitute for.
I’m only going to be in town for a few days so I’m stocking up on my Mexican food cravings. I just can’t find anything decent here on the East coast.

Mi Nidito is also on my list.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:53 pmI love that order and I never have such an amazing lunch.
They just added birria mini chimi's to the menu so naturally I started with those. They were alright but now I get to finish those enchi's for lunch tomorrow! They have 3 menu's right now: https://www.elcharrocafe.com/menus/

Their mango marg with tajin is incredible too but no drinks before heading back to work :roll:
EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:40 pmI’m only going to be in town for a few days so I’m stocking up on my Mexican food cravings. I just can’t find anything decent here on the East coast.
Add Salsa Verde to your list as well. Make sure you order something with the red sauce or the mole. Amazing food.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

EastCoastCat wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:40 pm
Longhorned wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm El Charro is on the list of Tucson comfort foods. Of course there's better in Tucson, just like a good raspado is better than an Eegee. But sometimes you need that what nothing better can substitute for.
I’m only going to be in town for a few days so I’m stocking up on my Mexican food cravings. I just can’t find anything decent here on the East coast.

Try and hit up up some smaller places too. Aqui Con El Nene, Ensenada Street Food, Tacos Apson etc.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Just got back from having dinner at El Charro. Both of my twins go to uni out of town, so had to stuff them with what they can’t get when off to school.

Chips and salsa - amazing.

I had the Carne Seca Plate. Still the bomb.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Aspen Deli in Flagstaff. It's like the sandwich your goy mother set out for you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Took my very best friend and his family to our local beach today.

We were mega-hungover from a late late night of drinking bourbon by a camp fire, but we hustled in the morning to leave my house by 9:30 in order to beat the traffic and get our favorite parking and beach spot.

We hauled my giant ass cooler that I was convinced would roll on the sand (it didn’t) out to our spot and set up shop. And when lunch time rolled around we were starved.

But my wife is a queen…

We had thin sliced Virginia ham, honey turkey, Genoa salami, bacon, provolone, cheddar, aged swiss, lettuce, tomato, mayo, deli mustard, pretzel rolls, potato chips in four different flavors, watermelon, grapes, cherries, dill pickles, cucumbers, baby carrots, celery, and the best goddamn dill dip I’ve ever eaten.

When I tell you I put together a plate that a man on death row would have been happy to call his last meal, I am not exaggerating.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Transplant opened yesterday! All pizzas are $15-22 and are 8"x10" plus a few salad/app options, 2 pastas and the normal Grillers beer menu. This is the elote pizza (chicken, bacon, roasted corn, cilantro, mozz, cotija and cilantro ranch). Crispy deep dish but surprisingly lightweight. Very good!

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

oooooo! I've been waiting for this!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

that definitely looks like my kinda pizza
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

$1 Ramen
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Red and sour cream green chile smothered chimi from Poco & Moms :o

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Mmmmmmm......
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Salad and Go is opening a location at Speedway and Craycroft on Aug 26. It is mostly drive-thru only. Some locations do have a walk up window. Their menu is limited, mostly inexpensive salads that are big and organic as possible. Personally I love the Cobb salad. Their service is usually fast. BTW, they are environmentally conscious and starting pay for employees is $15/hr.

https://www.saladandgo.com/menu/
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I was wondering what that place was. Sounds good, thanks
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Not sure what it says about me but I generally hate buying salads, not to mention eating them. I'd rather have vegetables prepared literally any other way.

That being said, I enjoy seeing restaurants like this succeed. Especially since it shits on the chest of businesses and restaurants that insist it is impossible to exist and deliver quality food, reasonable prices, and good wages and benefits for their workers.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

What I'd like to make is salads of cold cooked vegetables but I don't have time.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I saw In n Out hiring at $14.50 and $17.50 per hr.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

One of the world's great sandwiches. Basically a Baggins unforgettable.

Whole grain bread
Herbed turkey
Thick cut hickory bacon
Avocado
Sprouts
Cream cheese
Mayo
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:50 pm What I'd like to make is salads of cold cooked vegetables but I don't have time.
I once had a cold goat cheese, beet, & brussels sprouts salad that may have been one of the top 15 things I’ve ever eaten.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Catintheheat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:02 pm Salad and Go is opening a location at Speedway and Craycroft on Aug 26. It is mostly drive-thru only. Some locations do have a walk up window. Their menu is limited, mostly inexpensive salads that are big and organic as possible. Personally I love the Cobb salad. Their service is usually fast. BTW, they are environmentally conscious and starting pay for employees is $15/hr.

They also have $2.99 breakfast burritos and every salad is $5.74. Place is gonna do great here!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just found out my town has a legit Thai place (not a Sushi + Thai or Chinese + Thai where they do neither particularly well).

Might have to swing by for lunch tomorrow.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Jefe wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:39 pm
Catintheheat wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:02 pm Salad and Go is opening a location at Speedway and Craycroft on Aug 26. It is mostly drive-thru only. Some locations do have a walk up window. Their menu is limited, mostly inexpensive salads that are big and organic as possible. Personally I love the Cobb salad. Their service is usually fast. BTW, they are environmentally conscious and starting pay for employees is $15/hr.

They also have $2.99 breakfast burritos and every salad is $5.74. Place is gonna do great here!

And large drinks are $1.
-JB
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Trader Joe's Mediterranean orzo salad. It was surprisingly quite good.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I really miss Costco hotdogs. Just running around doing errands I would stop by and get a soda and dog for $1.50, with onions, relish and sauerkraut.

But when I developed high blood pressure, it had to go. 1090 mg of sodium. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calor ... -142573524
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I have a bunch of Costco hot dogs in my freezer.

But unfortunately my lunch was leftovers as per usual.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Bacon and potato soup.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:40 am Bacon and potato soup.
You always go for flavor. Try mixing in some bowls of boiled, unseasoned yams.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:52 am
azgreg wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:40 am Bacon and potato soup.
You always go for flavor. Try mixing in some bowls of boiled, unseasoned yams.
Let me think about it.....no.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Mushroom ravioli and asparagus. But what I really want is one of Merkin's Costco dogs. When I'm on my deathbed I'm gonna commit suicide by hotdog and all the other shit I have to deny myself for the next 30 years.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:26 pm Mushroom ravioli and asparagus. But what I really want is one of Merkin's Costco dogs. When I'm on my deathbed I'm gonna commit suicide by hotdog and all the other shit I have to deny myself for the next 30 years.
The crack smoking will probably kill you before the hot dogs if I had to guess Mr. Deathbed Crack Smoker.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:34 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:26 pm Mushroom ravioli and asparagus. But what I really want is one of Merkin's Costco dogs. When I'm on my deathbed I'm gonna commit suicide by hotdog and all the other shit I have to deny myself for the next 30 years.
The crack smoking will probably kill you before the hot dogs if I had to guess Mr. Deathbed Crack Smoker.
Fuck that. I'd much rather go out with Cohibas, bottles of single malt, Costco dogs made of pork belly, wheels of ripe triple cream cheese, titty fucks from Sarah Palin and ..... where's my list
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I want literally none of those things.

Give me pre-rolled Indica joints, 10 year old bourbon, a pile of crab legs and bone-in ribeyes, and a big titty nurse who likes to flirt back when she’s giving me a sponge bath.

Also, I’d probably try heroin just to see what all the fuss is about.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Ribeyes are on the list.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:49 pm Ribeyes are on the list.
Look Dove, you can hang out in my death den, but when the big titty nurse flirts with me I’m gonna need you to pretend you’re invisible.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I'm glad I currently have a lot of indica and married the big titty nurse.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It’s amazing how quickly conversations here can go from Salad-n-go to getting a sponge bath from a big titty nurse
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That's why we stick around
George Costanza

Post by George Costanza »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:05 pm It’s amazing how quickly conversations here can go from Salad-n-go to getting a sponge bath from a big titty nurse
I approve.

Just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Speaking of hot dogs...
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 pm
Look Dove, you can hang out in my death den, but when the big titty nurse flirts with me I’m gonna need you to pretend you’re invisible.
You can have your sponge bath when she's done with me.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:44 pm
Chicat wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:08 pm
You can have your sponge bath when she's done with me.
Eww, DoveCanyon sloppy seconds? No thanks. I’d rather let Sarah Palin inject me with Invermectin or whatever horse de-wormer the Magastanis are yelling about this week.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In all seriousness, how much would you pay to get out of being locked inside an airplane lavatory with Sarah Palin? Like if you lost a contest or something like that.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:17 am In all seriousness, how much would you pay to get out of being locked inside an airplane lavatory with Sarah Palin? Like if you lost a contest or something like that.
I think I could make things so bad that she would pay me to get out. Especially depending on what I had for lunch (just to bring this thread back full circle).
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

On a big plate, I spread peanut butter like when you're frosting a cake. I use a trowel-like butter knife to do it right. It has to be salted creamy peanut butter with nothing but peanuts and salt.

Then I cover the peanut butter layer in sliced bananas.

Then I put sriracha on the layer of sliced bananas.

Then I cover it all in Cheerios, and I eat it with a spoon.

Just being honest.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I just had leftover tacos. Minus the sriracha bananas.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Roast turkey and provolone on wheat with an apple and bar-b-que pork rinds.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

My brain has never registered a flavor for pepperoni. Nor nacho cheese flavored Doritos.

But I love the Italian salami that inspired American pepperoni ("pepperoni" in Italian just means bell peppers, and as a meat it doesn't exist in Italy), and I love Cheetos.

Other people seem to enjoy pepperoni and nacho cheese flavored Doritos, but for me it's just a complete blank. Like the flavor of air mixed with an overload of salt.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:17 am In all seriousness, how much would you pay to get out of being locked inside an airplane lavatory with Sarah Palin? Like if you lost a contest or something like that.
I pay for the rest of my life spent in a cell.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Maybe the only thing I miss about working in an office is going out to lunch. I used to have literally every cuisine in the world within walking distance. Bahn Mi on Monday, Chicken Tikka on Tuesday, Burgers, Pasta, Sushi… it was all right there to appease my gluttony.

Working from home it’s whatever we had for dinner a few nights ago. And if I’m lucky it’s edible reheated. Today it was pork loin and stuffing. Who the fuck truly wants three day old pork loin and dry-ass stuffing in the middle of a 90 degree day??