What's for lunch?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

dovecanyoncat

Re: What's for lunch?

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Jefe wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:55 pm
Longhorned wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:49 pm On what planet is that a tamal? I'd guess it would be something called "corn pudding cake."
Yeah more like a corn pie. Nothing like a tamale. Thats what the Chef called it and I dont question her magic
Polenta casserole.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EastCoastCat wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:14 pm
Longhorned wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:53 pm I had lunch at Condado Tacos in downtown Pittsburgh. The place was packed. Everyone was excited to be eating tacos.

Every taco tasted the same. Disturbingly sweet in that gross way that Pace salsa tastes. Sweet corn in everything. No corn tortillas, except those industrial formed hard shells, like the ones made by Old El Paso, or else bad flour tortillas, or flour tortillas wrapped over a hard shell.
I've eaten there and thought the same thing. I had a consulting gig for 5 months in Pittsburgh and was actually surprised how their downtown was built up with a lot of new bars and restaurants.

Could never get over how they did their Pittsburgh sandwiches like Primanti Bros. Cole slaw and Fries on the sandwich?
I've yet to try a Primanti's fresh. I once ordered one delivered, but stale fries may not be representative.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

What passes as flour tortillas in most places makes me sad for the people that live there.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

wyo-cat wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:26 pm What passes as flour tortillas in most places makes me sad for the people that live there.
Agreed. I know people that have moved from Arizona and are shocked that there's nothing but mission tortillas available. It crushes them.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Asked for a tortilla with my meal on my last trip to Philly and they called it flat bread
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Okay I tried a Primanti's fresh and hot on the spot. It's a big improvement not having stale fries. The only problem is that the meat sucks. Sorry TJ and Sean Miller.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:53 am Okay I tried a Primanti's fresh and hot on the spot. It's a big improvement not having stale fries. The only problem is that the meat sucks. Sorry TJ and Sean Miller.

I had one on site a few years ago and thought it was just OK.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

A favorite: spaghetti and meatballs sandwich with mayonnaise
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The Safeway deli by my work has a deviled egg potato salad that is fantastic.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:37 am The Safeway deli by my work has a deviled egg potato salad that is fantastic.
I was saying the other day that there should be a deviled egg sandwich. It would be an improvement on an egg salad sandwich.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Went to Rupert Jee's Hello Deli today for anyone who remembers him from The Late Show with David Letterman. His place is still around.

I had the Biff, wife had the Letterman. Pretty tasty and reasonably priced and Rupert made our food.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

After a morning workout: medium rare beef filet; grilled asparagus/red and yellow peppers w/onion and garlic; fusilli mac 'n cheese; Duckhorn Merlot. Mrs. Dove rocks.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Just had what I believe is my first Jimmy John's sandwich and let me tell you..................it's nothing special.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

And Jimmy is a colossal asshole. Don’t put money in that fucker’s pocket.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:32 am And Jimmy is a colossal asshole. Don’t put money in that fucker’s pocket.
Company lunch meeting.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Soup and sammy: bacon, poblano, pepperjack, mayo, Italian Everything bun (kinda pretzely/seedy/grilled in bacon fat, tomato bisque; cabernet plonk. I love my wife.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Cornbread chili casserole.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Just inhaled 8oz of a medium rare 13oz marinated tenderloin, 2.5 inches thick atop a bed of couscous and Portobello mushrooms in a reduction sauce washed down with a half bottle of Mendocino Zinfandel. Eat your heart out tailgaters!

Remember how we were just discussing grocery bill inflation? This seared-to-perfection deeply marbled butter-soft filet cost $13.50.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

..... at my wife's cafe.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:53 am ..... at my wife's cafe.
In case you are not kidding, does she really have a cafe? If so, tell us more because you are the type of people I want to support.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:42 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:53 am ..... at my wife's cafe.
In case you are not kidding, does she really have a cafe? If so, tell us more because you are the type of people I want to support.
Nah, she's in our kitchen. I thought that maybe folks might think there was some restaurant in Pima county one could get a 13oz. filet for $13.50. Eating more at home is a whole lot more financially important these days.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The wife took the kids to the mall so it’s corndogs and bourbon.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Going to McGurkee's for lunch today.

https://orderjpmcgurkeessandwichshop.com/
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

azgreg wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:55 am Going to McGurkee's for lunch today.

https://orderjpmcgurkeessandwichshop.com/
Don't sprain a shoulder picking one up, or a mandible putting one in your gob.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Pork meatballs with melted asiago in red sauce with grilled red and orange peppers over orzo. Cabernet.

~ Wilhoit's Law