Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Pointguardu

Post by scumdevils86 »

UAdevil wrote:
azcat49 wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
azgreg wrote:
UAdevil wrote:We just need to be vigilant. I approve/deny each new registration personally, and will always check ip addresses. I don't want to exclude any new members regardless of where they've come from, but...new folks will need to be on short leashes if troublesome behavior manifests.
Time to make the donate button more visible.
So far that donate hat netted ud $20.
Are you coming out of pocket to run this site?

I am, though the cost is fairly insignificant really.
shhhh beg for donations and then you'll be fabulously wealthy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Might be a couple of these coming out of probate soon in Las Vegas.

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

LBdCactus wrote:Sorry, but aren't deaths a matter of public record? Wouldn't this be easy for someone to prove (or in this case, disprove)?
Only if someone tells the paper to put it in the obits

Choo/Salim any other news? Not that I care but I would love for this to be fake
azdoubledown

Post by azdoubledown »

that guy is like a giant hemorrhoid on The butthole of the Internet

but enough about bruins01, I'm glad pgu is dead and Ajay* faked his death like the coward he is

Edited for bullcrap homophobic slurs.

Don't do it again.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Is this real life?

Are we seriously talking about some crazy Indian guy, who ran a college basketball website in order to cover up his drug dealing, who is potentially either murdered by the mafia or faking his own death to evade the IRS/Mafia?

This is top shelf entertainment.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

luteformayor2 wrote:Is this real life?

Are we seriously talking about some crazy Indian guy, who ran a college basketball website in order to cover up his drug dealing, who is potentially either murdered by the mafia or faking his own death to evade the IRS/Mafia?

This is top shelf entertainment.
This post reminds me of that 'Master of None' episode when the husband of the woman Aziz Ansari is banging discovers Aziz hiding in the closet in his underwear.

"What are you doing with this little Indian man?!" he shouts at his wife.

Aziz says, "Why are you bringing my size and my race into this?!"
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Jefe wrote:
LBdCactus wrote:Sorry, but aren't deaths a matter of public record? Wouldn't this be easy for someone to prove (or in this case, disprove)?
Only if someone tells the paper to put it in the obits

Choo/Salim any other news? Not that I care but I would love for this to be fake
There is a death certificate somewhere, that's not searchable? I honestly have no idea, so I will trust your opinion, Internet stranger. :D
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

If he ate a bullet, the cops would open a case number just to rule out murder. Clark County would get the body until it gets released by the cops.

There would be a paper trail somewhere.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

So is it considered embarrassing when everybody learns that you announced that you're dead when you're not dead?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

His other commercial site is still up: http://dvmmultimedia.com/" target="_blank
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

azdoubledown wrote:that guy is like a giant hemorrhoid on The butthole of the Internet

but enough about bruins01
:lol:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Jefe wrote:
azdoubledown wrote:that guy is like a giant hemorrhoid on The butthole of the Internet

yeah, you guys are a riot. :roll:
AZQuik

Post by AZQuik »

JMarkJohns wrote:I'm happy to have all you former PGU members here. I hope my worries over Ace Minions hasn't tempered your ambitions here.

I've been associated a lot of boards and have been a part of a few with known asshats and the aforementioned criminal antics. Would hate to be lumped in with them. So I really do want to welcome you all.

I have the burden of knowing too much. I feel I let it slip into irrational worry.

Like I said, if you know other quality posters, bring them here.

No worries as far as I'm concerned. You have legitimate reasons to be sceptical. I am an open book and you can easily figure out where I live and what I do for a living. I deal with crazy as a way of life, so I don't worry about them as much as most.

Just wanted to add my name to the list of "we ain't all psychopaths"

Honestly I deal with life and death daily so I could give a F about most of his stunts. Just wanted to say there are plenty of good people from PGU looking for a new home to discuss Wildcat Basketball.

And if anyone wants to meet for a beer in Vegas for the Tourney, shout out and let set up a place and time!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Jefe wrote:

It's not Jefe's fault - he was aware enough to omit the homophobic slur in the original post. But this is why I reported the original post, which carries a gratuitous insult of a poster by name, who wasn't a part of the discussion. The post was allowed to stand as is, so either it's acceptable, or leaving it here was an inadvertent mistake.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I saw that the post was reported but then I remembered that I was recently told that I "should probably show some grace and step aside," so enjoy the unmoderated forum you so desperately desired Longhorned!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Ugh.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:I saw that the post was reported but then I remembered that I was recently told that I "should probably show some grace and step aside," so enjoy the unmoderated forum you so desperately desired Longhorned!
I own the words I type on this board, but their meaning depends on the context of the discussion where they appeared. Desperate desire, baroque personal sagas, and other stabs at emotional manipulation weren't and aren't of interest to me here, nor anyone else, I imagine. Your meaning here is clear. It comes from a good place. This is my one and final response to these continued posts.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Longhorned wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Jefe wrote:

It's not Jefe's fault - he was aware enough to omit the homophobic slur in the original post. But this is why I reported the original post, which carries a gratuitous insult of a poster by name, who wasn't a part of the discussion. The post was allowed to stand as is, so either it's acceptable, or leaving it here was an inadvertent mistake.
Lower boards have less cause for moderating.

That said, I didn't see "agay" until you pointed it out just now. So that was inadvertent.

As for name calling, put them on blast. I believe in self moderating forums on lower boards. If something crosses a line where threats are levied, where family is brought into things, where post stalking takes place, then I will step in.

But a board without name calling is a unicorn shitting gold dust.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

That's reasonable, JMJ. And on that point, maybe it was just a typo, in which case the poster can edited it. If not, he knows exactly what he typed and will live with it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Longhorned wrote:That's reasonable, JMJ. And on that point, maybe it was just a typo, in which case the poster can edited it. If not, he knows exactly what he typed and will live with it.
Maybe. I edited the slur and inferred from the antagonistic nature of preceding language, that it was done on purpose. So, his own language was used against him in my decision to edit, and levy a warning. 3 strikes and a Chill The Fuck Out poll goes up with votes upon options for a timeout.

It was a crass way to point out annoyance with a poster. Pretty petty.

But I wouldn't even know where to begin or end trying to moderate such.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Longhorned wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Jefe wrote:

I'm really surprised to see this last part of your post LH. You know very well that it wouldn't be acceptable with the mods here. Never has been, never will. I never even noticed it but you can be assured that I or any one of the mods here would have dealt with it if we were aware. We probably need a couple more mods around here especially if this site is in a period of growth (Which I hope it is)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alieberman wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Jefe wrote:

I'm really surprised to see this last part of your post LH. You know very well that it wouldn't be acceptable with the mods here. Never has been, never will. I never even noticed it but you can be assured that I or any one of the mods here would have dealt with it if we were aware. We probably need a couple more mods around here especially if this site is in a period of growth (Which I hope it is)
A, I think it got clarified that the slur was inadvertently overlooked, and that the General Discussion board isn't going to be moderated for things like personal insults as much as the upper boards. Sort of like a gradation from the upper board down to the PRB, which has always been the wild west.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It might not be moderated as closely but we aren't going to tolerate slurs of that kind in any forum
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I think the first part of the post was so inane that nobody wanted to read far enough to see the slur. Not the moderators' fault.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Longhorned wrote:I think the first part of the post was so inane that nobody wanted to read far enough to see the slur. Not the moderators' fault.
The oversight was my fault. I clicked through the report. I missed it.

None of that will be tolerated.

If a poster wants to be petty and compare a poster to a bleeding butt sore, whatever. I think that makes said poster look as bad as the claimed other is said to be.

But one thing this site is that the other site wasn't is intolerant of slurs and epithets. Always report those.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Lower boards have less cause for moderating.

That said, I didn't see "agay" until you pointed it out just now. So that was inadvertent.

As for name calling, put them on blast. I believe in self moderating forums on lower boards. If something crosses a line where threats are levied, where family is brought into things, where post stalking takes place, then I will step in.

But a board without name calling is a unicorn shitting gold dust.
My unicorn shits froyo.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Zero

Post by Zero »

So, is he dead? Have his mods come out and said any thing?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Zero wrote:So, is he dead? Have his mods come out and said any thing?
Is it a sad state of affairs when we rely on mods to provide official confirmation of a man's death?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Longhorned wrote:I think the first part of the post was so inane that nobody wanted to read far enough to see the slur. Not the moderators' fault.
I saw it and took it out because it had nothing to do with my reply but I don't think he intended it as a slur. Its the same name on Aces new parody twitter acct that Merkin posted a few days ago:
Not that thats OK either but Ill let him speak for himself if he wants
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Jefe wrote:
I saw it and took it out because it had nothing to do with my reply but I don't think he intended it as a slur. Its the same name on Aces new parody twitter acct that Merkin posted a few days ago:
Not that thats OK either but Ill let him speak for himself if he wants
I didn't think you'd think it's OK (and clearly you don't) so I'm not surprised to see you distance yourself from his post. By definition, a slur is a kind of insulting innuendo, and a homophobic slur insults somebody at the expense of gay people by suggesting that to be gay is something to be ashamed of. Repeating an existing slur is how slurs work.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Puerco wrote:
Zero wrote:So, is he dead? Have his mods come out and said any thing?
Is it a sad state of affairs when we rely on mods to provide official confirmation of a man's death?
Just for the record, speaking as a mod, I could never confirm, nor deny, anyone's death regarding this website. I simply don't know any of you guys in "real life" :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

good name: beardowncentral.com. afraid to click through on the link, however . . .
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Damn I miss vBulletin

Sucks that they couldn't give the old forum to the posters, instead of outright killing it. Could've kept it running, change name, instead a lot of history was lost
prh

Post by prh »

If they really want to only take the good community part of PGU, it seems far more sensible for them to join us than create their own board. I know we are hesitant about that but it just seems silly to add another fledgling Arizona sports board when there's already a pretty good one.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Pfft. They're more than welcome to start their own site. Anyone who want to recreate the experience of posting in that cesspool is welcome to do it. Preferably as far away from me as possible.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I never went to their board. Outside of Ace and the Ace worship was it some kind of troll haven?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:I never went to their board. Outside of Ace and the Ace worship was it some kind of troll haven?
I went for a minute back when I was first discovering all of these boards. Right off the bat it seemed like a bunch of unintelligent foolishness. Never thought to go back and learned the history around here.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I went over there to PGU when Ben Hansen left TOS and went there after having issues with Storey and Gershon.

But that was years ago, pre-Ace. Some accountant ran it out of his garage. The accountant's wife didn't care for him paying Hansen, so Hansen quit.

Even then, it was a very clownish site with awful colors and such.

I wasn't around there when Ace bought the site.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I certainly understand and can appreciate an attempt to salvage a community.

Have no idea who these folks are doing that for PGU, perhaps they are lapdogs of Ace, or just fans whose fandom was found there, either way, I hope it is successful.

I truly hope the days of Ace and his shadow over Arizona and it's fandoms is dead, even if he is not.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

I genuinely think most fans are/were there (pgu) to talk Arizona basketball, football. They just happened to land on and find pgu instead of goazcats, scout, etc a long time ago. Probably most of the pgu posters don't care or likely dont know anything about the meta drama.
prh

Post by prh »

From some of the stuff I read on that new board, it sounds like it's people genuinely interested in Arizona sports and not so much the Ace lemmings. I think they're actually trying to do what we did, break out from a shitty board dictator and start something actually good (although they were more abandoned than escapees but you get the point).
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ryno = Ryan Hansen? He was involved with PGU?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
KaibabKat wrote:Copying and pasting from the Scout Premium board.

Just like ACE.
Why doesn't he even bother to paraphrase?
Why hasn't it occurred to anyone that I might be Ace?

Can I take the BMW i8 for a test drive?

Just reading about LaVar Ball and saw this, hmmm....

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/lavar-b ... ons-stats/" target="_blank

There’s no exact number for LaVar’s net worth, but his lifestyle would suggest that he’s living well. LaVar is a self-employed personal trainer, and both Lonzo and LiAngelo drive $100,000 BMW’s.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lavar runs some clothing line/shoe company thing that he probably gets big bucks for because of his kids.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Their new site is up: https://beardowncentral.com/" target="_blank

Seems they want to distance themselves from Ace
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Still no confirmation or reappearance? Interesting timing he disappeared right before shit hit the fan with the FBI

Ace/AJ Thakore got a linkedin review in June for his multimedia company for being a great mentor

https://www.linkedin.com/in/acethakore/" target="_blank