Pancreatic cancer

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

Re: Pancreatic cancer

Post by UofAlum05 »

Not pancreatic but..

Today is the first Monday since my Wedding on Friday night. This morning my mother, just turned 60, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. She's been telling her primary physician for 2 years that she felt a sharp pains in her chest. The Dr. just gave her Anxiety medications (which has floored my wife who is a Psychiatrist). On the day of our wedding my mother woke up and couldn't move her left arm. I feel like we have malpractice lawsuit on our hands and my mother has a fight on her hands.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Oh my, so sorry to hear. Best wishes to your Mom!
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

UofAlum05 wrote:Not pancreatic but..

Today is the first Monday since my Wedding on Friday night. This morning my mother, just turned 60, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. She's been telling her primary physician for 2 years that she felt a sharp pains in her chest. The Dr. just gave her Anxiety medications (which has floored my wife who is a Psychiatrist). On the day of our wedding my mother woke up and couldn't move her left arm. I feel like we have malpractice lawsuit on our hands and my mother has a fight on her hands.
As if cancer weren't enough of a torment. I feel for your entire family.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My god that is awful. Can’t tell you how sorry I am to hear that Alum.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

What a terrible thing for your mother and your family to go through. :(

Lack of proper medical care reminds me of my mother a number of years ago. She kept going to the doctor complaining about urinary pain, they kept giving her antibiotics for what they thought was an UTI, and sure enough, she had stage 4 uterine cancer which ended up being terminal.

Best wishes to your mother, that is way too young.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

My empathy is with you and your family. Serious illness is traumatic enough, but being compounded by such frustrating/angering concerns is outrageous. Hoping for future successful treatment for your mom, and everyone's ability to focus on what's really important, beneficial and necessary moving forward....
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This really sucks UofAlum05. Our thoughts are with you and yours.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm really sorry to hear, UA05. I remember you had planned a dance with your mom at your wedding: The Rainbow Connection. Take good care of your mom while you all fight this together.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

pokinmik wrote:Good Morning everyone, I am just devastated and don’t know what to do so I figured sharing here might help. My 64yo step father was admitted to the hospital in PHX a few days ago for not feeling well and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Still waiting on official results back regarding serverity but like I said we are all just devastated. He helped raise me and he’s easily the most honorable, selfless, kindest person I’ve ever known. Especially seeing him interact with my 3 year old son, his first grandson and the joy he brings. He’s amazing with young kids. I have the biggest knot in my chest and don’t know what to do. We are all hoping for a best case scenario at this point I guess that’s all we can do.

Happy thanksgiving otherwise. Sorry to be a downer on this day.
My stepdad passed away from his extremely aggressive pancreatic cancer yesterday morning. I don’t post on here as much as I used to, this has easily been the hardest year of my life. That he hung in and battled this long was proof of the fight he showed. All of the chemo and doctor appts and flying city to city and nausea and hunger and surgeries and severe pain...I feel like he fought the way I would in order to be there for my family. He literally gave it his all and now he’s passed on, hopefully watching over us and a part of us.

I couldn’t be more sorry to anyone else that ever has to go thru this with their family. But please stay positive, just like I need to do.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I hate it when this thread gets bumped and it not BigSkyCatinMT posting.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Deepest condolences, pokinmik.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

So tough to lose a loved one to this dreaded disease. Sorry for your loss and it does sound like he fought valiantly.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

azgreg wrote:I hate it when this thread gets bumped and it not BigSkyCatinMT posting.
Thank you. Will fix it now.

I come here from time to time. Am always saddened to read the losses. Brutal terrible disease.

For 2.5 years, have done well. Bit of a setback. The way I chose to fight has been compromised. I am stubborn and resourceful. My son is a H.S. junior. I refuse to let him down.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:
azgreg wrote:I hate it when this thread gets bumped and it not BigSkyCatinMT posting.

I come here from time to time. Am always saddened to read the losses. Brutal terrible disease.

For 2.5 years, have done well. Bit of a setback. The way I chose to fight has been compromised. I am stubborn and resourceful. My son is a H.S. junior. I refuse to let him down.
Always happy to see posts from you. Keep being stubborn.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:I'm still here. Been over a month since I logged on. Got to meet some very interesting people over the last couple years. Odd, but one little girl needed a kidney transplant. Such a sweetheart. She finally got a kidney, but the daughter of a girl I used to date was the donor. Auto accident. One patient shot himself-didn't know him, but know his family. Small town shiit.

Don't think I'll ever look at life again the way I used to. Don't know why I'm still here. Unfinished business maybe?? Son has earned 4 scholorships to GCU..and is 13. He's way short of full tuition, maybe that's what I'm here for.
Can't believe it has been 2 and a half years since I posted this.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Fantastic to see you here man
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:

Good to hear from you buddy!
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

BigSkyCatinMT wrote:

Keep on keepin' on...

Happy New Year!!!
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Happy New Year, MT! Bear Down.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

So, my little buddy, my youngest cousin just passed, from her 3rd battle with cancer.

I am good. I have had a tumor in my right palm for 3 years. If I let them operate, I lose most of my hand. As an organic chemist who works in Pharm, I have held it in check by manipulating my body's chemistry.
My company taking a big hit.
Pray if you are inclined that my best friend and I are successful in taking the reins of our biggest competitor.
We an unlikely pair. But we the best. We would have to move 40 miles and live on an Indian reservation. I am white, he is black. He trained me, if we go for it, I will kinda be his boss. And still his best friend. We have had battles together for a long Damn time. He runs the machinery, I do the mathematics and logistics.

But, I need the contacts to control my condition.

So does he. We can keep working for a failing company, or take another company to new heights.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Life gives you setbacks every day. That also gives you the opportunity to be stronger every day. Have will, Fight, Thrive! Survive. Overcome. Never quit.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

So, I plan to take several members of my team to a competitor in supplements. We should have better facilities and leadership. I have already told them (prospective employers) that we will change the culture. My team believes in me. I am proof positive. I need the challenge, and the support of my team to keep me focused. I have the best team ever. I think I can get 4 to come with me. Our skills so different. I only need one in particular. My current company was fractured when I got there. I announced that I would build a great team out of misfits. We did. I need better facilities to continue with my recovery. My team knows what I am fighting, and I trust th a they will stand with me.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Great to hear from you and keep kicking ass!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Hopefully your knowledge can be quite valuable to the medical community, and your future employer.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:Hopefully your knowledge can be quite valuable to the medical community, and your future employer.
Thanks, Dean.

As a non- physician, I have to be cautious that my wording does not come across as prescribing. But I can teach. The one person who will most likely come with me trained me while I trained everyone else, save for one other.

I figure, give the 2 of us 60 days and we'll increase the morale, production, decrease failures, and free up leadership for other tasks. The challenge will give me purpose again. I did all I could do for Nutitional Labs. On to Health By Design. Hopefully.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great and exciting news. Much needed. Thanks for being a bright light in a somewhat darkened world right now. Keep going hard at it!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You're an inspiration!
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

The parent company is in Henderson Nevada. I have no plans to go there, unless my health goes downhill and I need even better resources. I'm not there yet. I could stay here. We just spent millions on a new line that will open soon. What I need, isn't scheduled to run in the foreseeable future. So, the move gives me purpose, and an entirely new set to learn. I have to arm myself with knowledge every day, and have goals where I can help others. Maybe I learn what I need?

I have so much I can give and teach. I'm not done just yet. I'm ready for the battlefield again. Building a new team.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Different rock. Different river. Same grip. Same guy. You got this.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Well Damn, I have multiple myeloma now. At least it's a lot easier to manipulate, but fuck. The quarantine, which started at midnight here is not the time. At least I have an exemption. In comparison, there is no comparison.

Yes, I have an exemption, but many of my resources shut down today. It's far easier to manipulate, and on a scale of 1- 10, it's about a 0.5 OR less.

It's more of a distraction than a threat at this time.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

You got this BigSkyCat

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

UAEebs86 wrote:You got this BigSkyCat

Thanks. When I pass 40 years from now, all I want said about me will be "and that's what determination is".
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The man too stubborn to die. ;)

Glad you’re still upright and kicking ass.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Well, well, well. My crew who were gonna follow me won't. Got our #1 customer back. 4 messages in one night. They want me back. I just have to eat some shit and take a temporary demotion for leading a "rebellion". I will likely go back, as with a $3.5 Million Grant and what we planned to do with it is far bigger than me in these times. A new production line with Natural antibiotics, and immune system support. I'll cut my salary in half, if we can do that.

One stipulation from me. I wanna be the nice guy. Not a battering ram.

I wanna get back to what I am great at. Training, teaching, creating efficient models for production. Building a team!
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Hi, this is the quick update.
I had 4 rounds of chemo, then radiation with oral chemo, then I had a Whipple surgery.

I am 8 weeks post surgery, the margins were clear, only one lymph node involved out of the 20 they took out, I've done 2 cleanup chemo treatments and have 4 to go.

The docs say doing this chemo is my insurance policy for my next 40 years.

And to make sure nothing is floating around they sequenced my tumor, identified markers and are doing quarterly blood draws over the next 5 ish years to see if anything tumor DNA recurs.

So thank the Lord for early detection and fantastic doctors and nurses and all the support we have needed to get through this.

Not done yet but it's getting close. Mid October I'll be done with treatments.

See you knuckleheads in Vegas in November.

Thanks for all the support.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Great news! Keep bearing down! F cancer
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fucking fantastic U.P.!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Great, great news!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Always glad to hear great news like that! Lots of happiness in your circle.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Great news U.P.

BTFD!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Great news U.P.!
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Great job! Keep it up. You've got shit to do.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Awesome, U.P.! Keep bearing down and keep that cancer running scared.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Great to hear, keep it up!
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

U. P. Dude!! This is great!! You inspire me! Thanks so much for sharing and keep it up!
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Goooooooooo UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Fantastic news!
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wonder what ever happened to Mtzwami?

Looks like he hasn't logged on in 2 years. Used to be friends with him on FB, but can't find him now.

Meanwhile...
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I have lost 4 friends in the last 4 years to cancer but cancer is about to change. A friend had this rare cancer that was around her heart. !st time she did the chemo thing and it went into remission for a few years. When it came back she did a stem cell treatment in Cali. She says it is cured and they never expect it to come back.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »