Father's Day

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Father's Day

Post by Chicat »

This guy's family better treat him right tomorrow:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/georgia-father ... d=31822584
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Re: Father's Day

Post by Longhorned »

"I would say it’s cool and brave for my dad to jump on a car and get his arm broken for me" is definitely a sentence that requires a very specific context unless you're an orangutan in a Mitsubishi commercial.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

So glad the kid got out safe. Give that Dad a pat on the back. Oh, and why we're giving him things, Kia should give him a brand new car (it would be great publicity and well worth it).
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Happy Father's Day to all the dads in Wildcat land.

May your children think you're just as much of a superhero as this guy's.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Happy Father’s Day to all of the amazing BearDownWildcats dads.

Some of you are new dads, some of you are old hands watching your kids have kids of their own and pass along the lessons passed down by your parents. In either case, even if the only thing you’ve ever done is pass down a hatred of ASU, you’re Fathers of the Year every year in my book.

8-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Happy Father’s Day Wildcats!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Happy Father's day all!

Let's hope by Father's Day next year our kids will be vaccinated and we can take our families out to celebrate somewhere instead of staying in the house all day.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So many great father's on this site. Happy Father's day to you all!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Nothing more the world needs than great parents and great Dads and husbands. Happy Father’s Day to all the pops out there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:01 am Happy Father's day all!

Let's hope by Father's Day next year our kids will be vaccinated and we can take our families out to celebrate somewhere instead of staying in the house all day.
Not sure about you all but a Fathers Day tradition around these parts (even before Covid) is to not go anywhere, and to watch Dad sweat over a hot grill on a hot day providing dinner for everyone on his “day off”. Mother’s Day on the other hand is when you go out to a fancy brunch/lunch/dinner so Mom doesn’t have to do anything.

Funny story; My buddy’s mother and wife decided that he, his father, and his brother (all dads) should go fishing. Then they decided that they should bring their five total children (all boys under 9) along. Then his brother’s father-in-law gets included at the last minute. Then his mother “accidentally” booked them a boat for tubing instead of fishing.

So today, he, his father, his brother, and his brothers father-in-law are out on Lake Michigan with a bunch of unruly brats so the kids can tube even though we’ve had thunderstorms and gusty winds all day. Meanwhile his wife, mom, and sister-in-law are hanging out on shore, drinking wine, and probably going to get manicures.

Happy Fucking Father’s Day!
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

First Father’s Day without my Dad. Life goes on.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 pm First Father’s Day without my Dad. Life goes on.
My dad is 86, and who knows how many he has left.

But the circle of life continues. My grandsons, the youngest just turned 1.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Happy Father's Day to all of you! As someone who is about 6 weeks away from joining the club, I couldn't be more excited. The good and the bad.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EastCoastCat wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 pm First Father’s Day without my Dad. Life goes on.
I’ve been there, and I don’t know that it gets easier, but other things seem to crowd out the pain eventually.

Happy Father’s Day ECC. I hope you had a good one.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chicat wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:43 pm
I’ve been there, and I don’t know that it gets easier, but other things seem to crowd out the pain eventually.

Happy Father’s Day ECC. I hope you had a good one.
Thanks. Hope you and the rest of the Cat dad’s had a good one too.

My 22 year old son, who has a knack of still giving me angst, nearly brought me to tears after reading his Father’s Day card.

I guess it’s that infamous circle of life thing.
CatsbyAZ

Post by CatsbyAZ »

Easter call to my Dad ended up more like a Father's Day call. I thanked him for taking care of his health. What prompted this? He cut alcohol and smoking. He uses his CPAP machine. And as part of recovering from cancer (2016) and a heart attack (2018) he lost weight and adopted a vegan diet. All contrary to the similarly aged (70), pre-diabetic family friend of ours who, despite his doctor’s, wife's, and adult kid's urgings, consumes candy bars and wanes into a wine stupor every evening, keeps gaining weight, and in refusing to use his CPAP machine, starves his brain of oxygen.
“The force behind the movement of time is a mourning that will not be comforted.” author Marilynne Robinson
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CatsbyAZ wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:53 pm Easter call to my Dad ended up more like a Father's Day call. I thanked him for taking care of his health. What prompted this? He cut alcohol and smoking. He uses his CPAP machine. And as part of recovering from cancer (2016) and a heart attack (2018) he lost weight and adopted a vegan diet. All contrary to the similarly aged (70), pre-diabetic family friend of ours who, despite his doctor’s, wife's, and adult kid's urgings, consumes candy bars and wanes into a wine stupor every evening, keeps gaining weight, and in refusing to use his CPAP machine, starves his brain of oxygen.
Doesn’t sound like it’s using the oxygen anyway.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

this fathers day will mark the 15th anniversary of my daughters bday which fell on fathers day 2007 - best fathers day gift i ever received was having my first born (which was a girl) born around 6am on fathers day 2007.

the next time it falls on the same day is June 2029.

lucky dad