Hero Cop

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Hero Cop

Post by Chicat »

This happened where I live. I want to buy this guy and his family dinner.

http://www.people.com/article/hero-cop- ... th-of-july
Officer Paul Czupryn prevented a 4th of July tragedy when he steered the car of a drunk driver away from a crowd of people who had gathered to watch fireworks in Valparaiso, Indiana.

Indiana's Porter County Sheriff's Department said that Officer Czupryn was working crowd control at the Valparaiso fireworks display when he saw a grey Jeep Cherokee drive over the curb between him and a line of children waiting in line at an ice cream truck.

The Jeep then accelerated toward a group of more than 100 spectators who had gathered to watch fireworks. Officer Czupryn ran alongside the speeding car yelling at the driver to stop. When it was clear the driver was not going to stop, the officer ran alongside the car and opened the driver's door before being pushed back by the driver.

Moments before the car plowed into the crowd, Officer Czupryn reached for the steering wheel and successfully steered the car away.

"It still gives me goose bumps when I look back at how close he was [to the crowd]," Czupryn told Indiana's The Times.

The officer then fell from the car, ran back to his motorcycle and followed the fleeing vehicle. When the driver again refused to stop, Officer Czupryn followed the car to a red light and reached in through the passenger side and shut the vehicle off.

The 20-year-old driver was arrested and later registered a blood alcohol level of 0.20 percent – nearly three times the legal limit.

"Officer Czupryn's dedication to this profession is inspiring, and I'm very proud of him," Patrol Commander Phil Miller told the Post-Tribune. "He's out there, aggressively pursuing bad people in our community. He's saving lives. We should all be very thankful for his efforts."
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Re: Hero Cop

Post by Longhorned »

That's awesome. With as resourceful as he was under pressure, I lean toward him finding an alternative solution if the car door had been locked.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Jesus. How fucking drunk and stupid do you have to be to drive through a holiday crowd like that. Apparently a .20 will do the trick.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Thanks, Chi. I wanted to post this a few weeks back but forgot. Nice to acknowledge the good cops out there.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/23/us/of ... index.html
When a paramedic handed police officer Nick Struck a weeping toddler soaked in gasoline at the scene of a deadly car crash in Brighton, Colorado, his fatherly instincts kicked in.

Struck did the same thing he does when his own 2-year-old daughter is upset. He began to softly sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."

Somewhere in one of the lullaby's verses, a bystander snapped a photograph of Struck and the child. Her family's white SUV lies upside down in the grassy field behind the two. A paramedic is seen treating another passenger in the background.

Struck, holding the barefoot girl on his hip, points at something outside the frame. The child holds the fingers of one hand in her mouth, and clings to Struck's shoulder with the other.

That image whipped through online social networks, rendering Struck a heartfelt hero.

"I had no clue [the bystander] was right there," Struck told CNN's Brooke Baldwin on Tuesday. "It was just me and that little girl."

The photographer, Jessica Doug Matrious, had witnessed the single-vehicle roll-over crash on June 18 in Brighton, which is a suburb of Denver. She shared the image with CNN affiliate KDVR.
"He was definitely trying to keep her from watching what was going on behind her," Matrious told KDVR. Matrious said she could see the child relax in Struck's arms.

Brighton Police said all six passengers -- two adults and four children -- were thrown from the car during the accident.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Cop pulls a drunk guy out of his car and literally drags him to safety mere seconds before it gets hit by a train.

http://time.com/3984439/watch-a-cop-sav ... s-his-car/

HERO
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

holy crap. major kudos there.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Good cop.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Amazing. Job well done. Good to hear and see stuff like this. Cops especially on here seem to get a bad image. 98 percent are good people. Which we could see and talk more about these things than calling them all pigs.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:Amazing. Job well done. Good to hear and see stuff like this. Cops especially on here seem to get a bad image. 98 percent are good people. Which we could see and talk more about these things than calling them all pigs.
Here's the thing: Police are paid to protect and serve the public. That is the essential function of their employment. So of course you're not going to hear about every great thing they do. It's expected. You don't hear about garbagemen picking up the trash every day because that's what they're supposed to do. But if one rescues an abandoned baby from a dumpster or tracks down the person who lost an engagement ring, then you hear about them.

When cops go above and beyond, putting their personal safety at risk to help people, then of course they should get the kudos they deserve. But I'm not going to call every cop a hero just because they put on a uniform and do what they are employed to do. That would be pretty silly, and it would devalue those that do go above and beyond the call of duty like the cops in this thread.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

And 98% of cops arent good people. the general population has nowhere near percent that high

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:And 98% of cops arent good people. the general population has nowhere near percent that high
There's also the question about what makes a cop a "good person" (which should probably be saved for a different thread, but since we're on the topic....)

If a cop bends the rules by employing some less than ethical tactics to get a suspect to allow him to search their house/car and then comes up with a bunch of drugs, is that police officer "good"? They did their job, but broke the rules. At the same time they got drugs off the street maybe they violated a person's constitutional and legal rights. It's such a gray area that police have to live and work in on a daily basis. Let a guy who did something minor go with a warning and run the risk of that person committing a more serious crime later? Or jam up someone who is essentially innocent on some trumped up bullshit only to later see them commit suicide in jail or lose their job and custody of their kids because they can't make bail? Those are some hard choices to make, and I don't know that "good" and "bad" really come into the equation.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I have no idea how often cops break the rules, or what percentage of cops are good people. I just share the difficulty that many have in giving individual cops respect after actions that don't elicit respect. And as a collective, cops have demonstrated resoundingly that they shouldn't be trusted, and that they need to be monitored by our communities.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Chicat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Amazing. Job well done. Good to hear and see stuff like this. Cops especially on here seem to get a bad image. 98 percent are good people. Which we could see and talk more about these things than calling them all pigs.
Here's the thing: Police are paid to protect and serve the public. That is the essential function of their employment. So of course you're not going to hear about every great thing they do. It's expected. You don't hear about garbagemen picking up the trash every day because that's what they're supposed to do. But if one rescues an abandoned baby from a dumpster or tracks down the person who lost an engagement ring, then you hear about them.

When cops go above and beyond, putting their personal safety at risk to help people, then of course they should get the kudos they deserve. But I'm not going to call every cop a hero just because they put on a uniform and do what they are employed to do. That would be pretty silly, and it would devalue those that do go above and beyond the call of duty like the cops in this thread.
I will agree with you on those points
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
azgreg

Re: Police Brutality

Post by azgreg »

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

My cousin's husband. Good cop, good man.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/11/11/loca ... oes-viral/" target="_blank
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Not sure where to put this, but that officer shooting in Los ANgeles happened right in front of my church. Was standing in that exact same spot just yesterday. All because they showed up to assist in a traffic accident
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

They were wearing (later to be found out as fake) suicide vests/bombs too.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Note to thieves: when you steal a purse, it's best if the nearby cop isn't an ex-Division 1 defensive back.

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

:shock:

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's how you get shot 48 times

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not a cop, but still a hero...
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:Not a cop, but still a hero...
that was so close it's like it was taken straight from a movie. holy shit.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Oh the good old LAPD high speed chase!

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

My neighbor was one of the officers at this scene.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HOLY SHIT!!!!!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

:shock:
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

If you're white and do what a Muslim terrorist does you can't be a terrorist, you're just mentally ill, and it's Biden's fault anyway.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »