Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by Olsondogg »

My 9 month old son had a febrile seizure at 2:30 am on Monday. Spent 3 plus hours waiting in the ER....then I found out today, that my namesake, our 12 yo beagle most likely has congestive heart failure.

This has been a tough week and it's Tuesday....
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Had to look up what a febrile seizure is. VERY glad to read there are no underlying causes that could be serious. Scary shit for sure though ODogg. Take care of that little guy.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Definitely scary. I had a febrile seizure when I was 2. Still shakes my dad to this dad for him to talk about it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Thanks man. No way to fully express the fear and horror when something happens to your child...makes me so very thankful it wasn't something major.

One of the most terrifying moments of my life.

Hopefully our beagle will respond to his meds and things will turn around for the better.

Having a child and pet suffer simultaneously is a little slice of hell.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So sorry Odogg... I cannot even imagine.

Here's to a much better week ahead.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman wrote:So sorry Odogg... I cannot even imagine.

Here's to a much better week ahead.
Seconded
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I could use a cal curbstomp this Thursday to start...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Scary stuff odogg. Hope all is well. My earliest memory of my life is watching sd86 have that seizure and the look of terror on our dad's face.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Unreal.

My fiance is a full time teacher at a small, christian (hey it's a job) preschool. She's been there 4 years and I have no doubt when I say she has been their most loyal and dedicated employee and does by far the best job of any teacher there. She does an absolutely amazing job with her kids and the parents absolutely love her. She gets paid complete crap and has no benefits but that is beside the point.

Like a good employee she notified her total dumb shit of a boss in January that she would be leaving at the end of this school year in order to pursue her nursing degree starting in August.

That apparently was a mistake.

Today her boss (who is fond of giving herself a big raise every year with no oversight while not even giving cost of living raises to her employees) ambushed her with some news. The boss has a friend who would like to take over my fiance's position in the fall school term. And wants my fiance to train her because in the boss's words "she doesn't know how *fiance* does such a great job and doesn't know how she does what she does". Good words to hear from your boss. This is nice because my fiance assumes there will be a period in august where she could come back and work part time to train this new person while she has a gap in jobs between summer nannying and nursing school.

Nope.

Boss informs her that she is taking away 50% of my fiance's hours starting next week for the remaining 6 weeks of the school year. My fiance is to clock out and go home at 1 pm every day but beforehand is to give a little training pep talk to the new employee who will finish out the day.

My fiance of course is shocked beyond words that her 4 years of employment is culminating on getting shit on this way and having over $1000 of pay in the last 6 weeks of school just taken from her. And it is too late for her to set up another nannying job or anything because she has already made commitments to otehr families over the summer and to nursing school in the fall.

Obviously my fiance is crushed by this because we are getting married in 7 weeks and we absolutely need that money. We have some saved up but not enough for a $1000+ hit at this late of a point. So she expresses this to her boss and what does she say? "Oh well you're getting married soon so you shouldn't have to worry about money any more honey"

FUCK THAT. I am so livid for her. That's what you get from being loyal to "good christians" I guess over half a decade. So now we are scrambling for a way to come up with that much money so we don't have to go into debt over the cost of the wedding which has already been almost entirely pre paid with non refundable deposits.

edit:

it is not so much the money I am worried about it is the fact that she will have to go back to work next Monday like a kicked dog and be *grateful* to her cunt of a boss for her 20 hours a week while she's burdened with training her replacement who by the way definitely doesn't need that money even 1% as much as we do. just so fucking degrading for her but her boss has put her in a place where there's not enough time to make alternate arrangements for the next 6 weeks.
Salty

Post by Salty »

^ welcome to corporate America dude.

She could deliver pizzas or do Uber and make more than $1,000 a month.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

what the fuck are you talking about?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:^ welcome to corporate America dude.

She could deliver pizzas or do Uber and make more than $1,000 a month.
A small Christian school with like 9 employees isn't corporate America...

Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:what the fuck are you talking about?
I figured you'd have a response like this. :lol:

Anyways, if you fail to market yourself or prove your value to a company, they aren't going to increase your income. I'm guessing that your fiancé is excellent at what she does, but she probably didn't ask for more money or know how to leverage herself into more money. If this school wasn't paying her enough and she's as good as you're saying, there's no reason she couldn't have found a better job a long time ago or demanded more money.

Now, obviously a smart company will reward their best employees with raises, but if that's not happening, you have to take matters into your own hands and make results.

The boss is condesending and greedy. But she's making a smart business decision by trying to have your wife train someone.

It sucks that her hours were cut, but there's plenty of ways to make fast income. Uber pays well. She could deliver pizzas. Deliver newspapers. Find a seasonal job. Tutor someone. There's probably 100 different things she could do to make extra income by the end of this week.

You two can have a little pity party or take action and make things happen. It's a shitty situation but there's several ways out of it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

my god you literally have no idea what you are talking about. it really is a treat when you pop up out of whatever hole you are currently residing in.
Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:my god you literally have no idea what you are talking about. it really is a treat when you pop up out of whatever hole you are currently residing in.
Brilliant response.

You're fiancé is a lucky woman.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

you don't post here for months and you show up to pull this tired shit? fuck you seriously. you have no clue what you are talking about and I have no idea why you continuously attempt to make it sound like you do.

we need to ban this p.o.s. once and for all.
Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:you don't post here for months and you show up to pull this tired shit? fuck you seriously. you have no clue what you are talking about and I have no idea why you continuously attempt to make it sound like you do.

Are you going to try to refute my points? Or continue to throw a temper tantrum?

I believe I offered you several solutions to your current dilemma.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

jesus. Why you act like you are better and smarter and more worldly than everyone else around you I have no idea. This is a venting thread, not an ask the "lying dumpster fire of a person" salty thread. I wouldn't take anything from you because it has 0 value.
Salty

Post by Salty »

scumdevils86 wrote:jesus. Why you act like you are better and smarter and more worldly than everyone else around you I have no idea. This is a venting thread, not an ask the "lying dumpster fire of a person" salty thread. I wouldn't take anything from you because it has 0 value.
Boy, just like a woman.

Wants to vent, doesn't want to find a solution.

Tell your wife congratulations for wearing the pants in the relationship.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:you don't post here for months and you show up to pull this tired shit? fuck you seriously. you have no clue what you are talking about and I have no idea why you continuously attempt to make it sound like you do.

Are you going to try to refute my points? Or continue to throw a temper tantrum?

Just stop. You're looking even dumber than usual. Not everyone has a new enough car for uber. You came to post here just to be a complete asshole. Just stop.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Whatever you want to believe salty. Go crawl back into your hole. I'm sure you're an astronaut or cardiologist by now. You must be busy.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Salty wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:jesus. Why you act like you are better and smarter and more worldly than everyone else around you I have no idea. This is a venting thread, not an ask the "lying dumpster fire of a person" salty thread. I wouldn't take anything from you because it has 0 value.
Boy, just like a woman.

Wants to vent, doesn't want to find a solution.

Tell your wife congratulations for wearing the pants in the relationship.
You realize relationships are partnerships right? it isn't about a man wearing the pants are dominating the woman. But that's probably how you treat women.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:Unreal.

My fiance is a full time teacher at a small, christian (hey it's a job) preschool. She's been there 4 years and I have no doubt when I say she has been their most loyal and dedicated employee and does by far the best job of any teacher there. She does an absolutely amazing job with her kids and the parents absolutely love her. She gets paid complete crap and has no benefits but that is beside the point.

Like a good employee she notified her total dumb shit of a boss in January that she would be leaving at the end of this school year in order to pursue her nursing degree starting in August.

That apparently was a mistake.

Today her boss (who is fond of giving herself a big raise every year with no oversight while not even giving cost of living raises to her employees) ambushed her with some news. The boss has a friend who would like to take over my fiance's position in the fall school term. And wants my fiance to train her because in the boss's words "she doesn't know how *fiance* does such a great job and doesn't know how she does what she does". Good words to hear from your boss. This is nice because my fiance assumes there will be a period in august where she could come back and work part time to train this new person while she has a gap in jobs between summer nannying and nursing school.

Nope.

Boss informs her that she is taking away 50% of my fiance's hours starting next week for the remaining 6 weeks of the school year. My fiance is to clock out and go home at 1 pm every day but beforehand is to give a little training pep talk to the new employee who will finish out the day.

My fiance of course is shocked beyond words that her 4 years of employment is culminating on getting shit on this way and having over $1000 of pay in the last 6 weeks of school just taken from her. And it is too late for her to set up another nannying job or anything because she has already made commitments to otehr families over the summer and to nursing school in the fall.

Obviously my fiance is crushed by this because we are getting married in 7 weeks and we absolutely need that money. We have some saved up but not enough for a $1000+ hit at this late of a point. So she expresses this to her boss and what does she say? "Oh well you're getting married soon so you shouldn't have to worry about money any more honey"

FUCK THAT. I am so livid for her. That's what you get from being loyal to "good christians" I guess over half a decade. So now we are scrambling for a way to come up with that much money so we don't have to go into debt over the cost of the wedding which has already been almost entirely pre paid with non refundable deposits.

edit:

it is not so much the money I am worried about it is the fact that she will have to go back to work next Monday like a kicked dog and be *grateful* to her cunt of a boss for her 20 hours a week while she's burdened with training her replacement who by the way definitely doesn't need that money even 1% as much as we do. just so fucking degrading for her but her boss has put her in a place where there's not enough time to make alternate arrangements for the next 6 weeks.

Document document document and then seek legal representation. Sounds like her contract was seriously infringed upon/nullified without cause.

I'm sorry to hear this scum.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That's the unfortunate part. It is a tiny, private christian school. She has no contract. None of the teachers do. So there really is no recourse for her.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The only employee contract salty has ever reviewed and signed is...oh wait nevermind.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Really? Is she classified as an independent contractor?

I'm really sorry scum.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

At a minimum, I'd negatively yelp the shit out of that school.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:Really? Is she classified as an independent contractor?

I'm really sorry scum.
Yeah right to work state in Arizona with no protections since it's a small private school.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Really? Is she classified as an independent contractor?

I'm really sorry scum.
I don't believe so. Basically the impression I get is that since it is a church they can do whatever the hell they want.

There was a promise made by the school director to her over 2 years ago when she started working full time there that she would always have paid breaks and 40 hours per week and certain responsibilities. But that's it. She was always wary of that arrangement but with only 6 weeks of school left we didn't exactly think this would be an issue.

Just sucks to have this kind of hiccup when we're about to go $40k into debt for her to get her degree and when money is tight for the wedding. But like I said the worst part is how she is being treated by this lady. There's been a waiting list for my fiance's classroom every year since she's been the teacher (which has never happened at this school for any other teacher in the 30 or so years it has been in operation). She's an incredible person for what she is able to do with a hoard of small children and she is never ever rewarded or anything for how well she does her job.

She only has stayed at this job because of her seniority there and what was once an opportunity to receive a scholarship to finish her education degree through this job. But that scholarship opportunity was washed away thanks to some cuts from our awesome Gov Ducey. Hence why she decided to get her nursing degree.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Salty wrote:

Do you understand what the word venting means?

I don't think Scum was looking for rationalizations, answers, pity...

I think he was venting, you idiot.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sounds like an unfortunate, expensive, and annoying lesson on getting promises in writing. Sucks, but it's a lesson a number of us have learned. Unfortunately, those you think are the least likely to screw you over (nice, friendly, pious, complimentary) are the ones most likely to use that to their advantage.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:Sounds like an unfortunate, expensive, and annoying lesson on getting promises in writing. Sucks, but it's a lesson a number of us have learned. Unfortunately, those you think are the least likely to screw you over (nice, friendly, pious, complimentary) are the ones most likely to use that to their advantage.
absolutely. she's a total bitch but is best friends with the pastor of the church for 30 years so it is her word against my fiance's. the director has complete autonomy with the school and there is no one that will question her on anything. hence why she approves a 10-20% raise for herself most years but my fiance has received an 80 cent raise in 4 years.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:
Chicat wrote:Sounds like an unfortunate, expensive, and annoying lesson on getting promises in writing. Sucks, but it's a lesson a number of us have learned. Unfortunately, those you think are the least likely to screw you over (nice, friendly, pious, complimentary) are the ones most likely to use that to their advantage.
absolutely. she's a total bitch but is best friends with the pastor of the church for 30 years so it is her word against my fiance's. the director has complete autonomy with the school and there is no one that will question her on anything. hence why she approves a 10-20% raise for herself most years but my fiance has received an 80 cent raise in 4 years.
Wow what a whore.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

She's absolutely terrible at her job and is probably the worst example of a leader or manager that I've ever heard of or come across. It says something when the best weeks of the year at the school are the weeks that my fiance is the acting director of the school and also fills her role as their classrooms teacher when this bitch is on vacation. Also needless to say she doesn't get paid extra when doing two jobs at once.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

I honestly believe her best recourse is informing the parents of the situation. They are her best ally at this point, especially if they pay a tuition for their kids to attend.

I'm a public school teacher and parents are also my best allies.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Frybry02 wrote:I honestly believe her best recourse is informing the parents of the situation. They are her best ally at this point, especially if they pay a tuition for their kids to attend.

I'm a public school teacher and parents are also my best allies.
Exactly.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Good point. Gonna flesh out our options tonight.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Great news... hahah will update later. Have this bitch in a tight spot.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Frybry wins the thread. Once several parents heard her hours were being reduced (including the parents she's nannying for later this summer) they all came to the rescue. If her hours are reduced 4 sets of parents (5 kids) are immediately withdrawing their kids from the school and are having my fiance nanny for them instead. So if tomorrow morning her boss doesn't agree to restore her hours she will inform her that she is quitting Friday (her assistant will do the same in a separate meeting) also about 5-10% of the schools remaining tuition income for the year will be walking as well.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

haha. Love it. Live by the right to work state die by the right to work state.

That admin is a criminal.

Keep us posted Scum.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I actually hope the boss calls her bluff. We did the math...her nannying for these 4 sets of parents for an extra 2 months actually nets us an extra 2k instead of her normal wages...
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

scumdevils86 wrote:I actually hope the boss calls her bluff. We did the math...her nannying for these 4 sets of parents for an extra 2 months actually nets us an extra 2k instead of her normal wages...
Good luck! Wish you and her the best.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Preschool/daycare teaching jobs are the worst (from watching others' experiences). There seems to be no regulation, no labor laws that apply, and in too many examples a stunning amount of individual greed by those running the show. Salty's 'Welcome to corporate America' was wrong in that corporate America is not nearly as bad as preschool teaching and administration. It's a real shame.

EDIT: my little neighborhood here has a co-op daycare. It's absolutely brilliant because the admin jobs come up for a vote every year and the people running the show change every couple because no one wants them. God forbid you miss the election meeting -- you're liable to get elected if you do!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Puerco wrote:
EDIT: my little neighborhood here has a co-op daycare. It's absolutely brilliant because the admin jobs come up for a vote every year and the people running the show change every couple because no one wants them. God forbid you miss the election meeting -- you're liable to get elected if you do!

I love the swiss.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Shocking, but not surprising, if that makes sense.

More than anything, the source of the daily B.S. that goes on at these schools is an incredible amount of stupid.

And Salty responding with "welcome to corporate America" doesn't exactly move that needle. Dude: These are schools. These are not corporations, and can never function as such, no matter what the politicians tell you.

I was able to live the first 40 years of my life securely assuming everybody knew that difference. Now, everybody's just like Pac-12 refs--"independent contractors"--who falsely equate a social institution with not even a charity, but a business, taking what they can get without regard to decency or common sense.

That seems to be what Salty and this school administrator have in common. They've bought into this incredible fallacy that running a school is just like running a business, and that the ultimate goal to aspire to is privatization so you can do whatever the f*ck you want to the people you need to make your dream work.

Regardless of the cost to the children. Only an idiot would dismiss that as a "Simpsons" meme and not realize how truly dehumanizing and self-centered a managerial philosophy that is.

It's the Ayn Rand approach to education. And you wonder why Arizona politicians have been so tone-deaf to public opposition to it over the decades.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

scumdevils86 wrote:I actually hope the boss calls her bluff. We did the math...her nannying for these 4 sets of parents for an extra 2 months actually nets us an extra 2k instead of her normal wages...
Chaos is a ladder. I know you mentioned your fiancé is probably looking into doing something else going forward, but if she was ever thinking about breaking off, starting her own thing and keeping more of the profits for herself, this might be the perfect opportunity.

Just something to consider.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Nice work.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

She got to drop the mic on her boss this morning. She is apparently shocked that my fiance would "do this to her". :lol:

No final word yet but there aren't many scenarios where this ends poorly for us now.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Maybe next somebody can inform the higher-ups and get the boss fired.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

scumdevils86 wrote:She got to drop the mic on her boss this morning. She is apparently shocked that my fiance would "do this to her". :lol:

No final word yet but there aren't many scenarios where this ends poorly for us now.
Good news. This whole story is troubling on so many levels, Im hoping it works out well for your fiancé.