Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

CalStateTempe

Venting Thread

Post by CalStateTempe »

Pregnancy hormones.

Yow-za...they can make a wife say craaaaaazzzyyyy things.
CalStateTempe

Re: Venting Thread

Post by CalStateTempe »

They have to be concoction of booze, truth serum, and trucker-meth-coccaine.

How such a sweet voice can have such agro sailor speak...wow.

camping out in the den tonight. :lol:
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

calstatetempe wrote:Pregnancy hormones.

Once in a while those pregnancy hormones will make your wife super horny.

Take advantage of those moments.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Asshats who can't merge on the freeway.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Alieberman wrote:
calstatetempe wrote:Pregnancy hormones.

Once in a while those pregnancy hormones will make your wife super horny.

Take advantage of those moments.
so thats why I wasn't allowed sleep for several days straight a week or two ago. :D

full circle.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Buyers on eBay who don't read listings before they buy, bid on things and change their minds, or can't post the correct address on their account.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
4Life

Post by 4Life »

azgreg wrote:Asshats who can't merge on the freeway.
+ 1000
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

calstatetempe wrote:They have to be concoction of booze, truth serum, and trucker-meth-coccaine.

How such a sweet voice can have such agro sailor speak...wow.

camping out in the den tonight. :lol:

I'm right there with ya brosef...not on the couch, but we are 6 weeks into our second.

I had a pizza thrown at my head and an accusation of trying to kill my unborn son when the smell from the freshly painted nursery was still lingering in the house.

So yeah.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

So I'm in fire-stricken Coconino county and I watch as some douche in an ASU shirt gets out of his car and flicks his cigarette on the ground. I ask, "you really gonna do that here." He's all "yeah sorry. I'm about to burn down Flagstaff!" And I'm like, "well, you did just flick your lit cigarette on the ground at a gas station as I'm pumping gas."

Douche rolled his eyes. I'm grateful Darwin waited a bit before claiming his next award.
4Life

Post by 4Life »

*shakes head*

Yeah, that's pretty -----ed up.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Mercedes SUV with the Jesus fish on the back giving me the finger and yelling at me as they are trying to make a left and I am crossing in a crosswalk. Ah the south.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:Buyers on eBay who don't read listings before they buy, bid on things and change their minds, or can't post the correct address on their account.
Flakey buyers on Craigslist. At least 75% of people flake out.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If you're the jackass with the sports car that fills up in the front, then pull forward far enough so that somebody can use the gas pump behind you.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:If you're the jackass with the sports car that fills up in the front, then pull forward far enough so that somebody can use the gas pump behind you.
I hate when someone pulls up to the first pump and doesn't pull all the way to the farthest one to the front. Then I have to squeeze around them and my car is all cockeyed from trying to line it up right. So usually I just back up at an angle and block them in. Fuck them.

Also, if you need to go buy your pack of menthols or whatever, and you're done pumping gas, pull into a parking spot. Nothing worse than seeing three or four cars at a pump not actually pumping gas and then watching as Two-Ton Sally walks as slowly as possibly opening up her package of Ho-Hos as she lifts her fat ass into her car without a care in the world. Don't worry Fat Ass, I didn't have anywhere to be and I love sitting around a gas station waiting for your lard butt to move your car away from a pump after buying convenience store pizza rolls and diet soda.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yes! Now that is a vent...and one that captures the local color of Northern Indiana. :D
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Haha, that's some good hatin' Chi.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:Yes! Now that is a vent...and one that captures the local color of Northern Indiana. :D
I think that might be racist.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

After a 5 day "vacation" with the kids (which is not really a vacation) culminating with a 13 hour travel day on Sunday, the wife went to a trade show Monday morning and won't be back until tomorrow. So I've been both dad and mom to two kids under 5, as well as having a super busy week at work. Oh, and I forgot to mention that one kid puked for a day straight, so I had to call off Tuesday which put me even further behind with my clients. So I'm a little salty, to say the least.

Saw some douche's F-150 parked in two perfectly legit spots in a parking garage downtown when I was pulling in late for a meeting yesterday. Fire engine red with a license plate that read "DIRTRD". He was still there when I got back so I wrote him a note and stuck it under his wiper:

"Nice parking job asshole. Does your license plate mean you take it in the ass?"
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

:lol: Now that's some classic Chicat.

You know what's worse out here, especially at the exurbian Phoenix gas stations? The jackwagons who pull their SUV into the pump on the wrong side of their gas tanks and make you wait while they launch themselves over and around their two-car bumper just to make the nozzle reach.

It's one thing when Clark Griswold has to do it in the family truckster. Quite another when clod from Lake Pleasant backs his outboard boat into your car at the QuikTrip and sits there expecting you to move while he goes full extension OVER the pump to the other side.

That ASU moron JMJ ran into is pretty empty-headed though, too. Bottom line is that if you are flip like those Phoenix deadheads around fuel, you deserve to die of self-immolation.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

People who stand right in front of the elevator doors waiting for them to open then act surprised when they have to get out of the way to let people off the elevator.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:People who stand right in front of the elevator doors waiting for them to open then act surprised when they have to get out of the way to let people off the elevator.
Okay, this might be me. But I don't act surprise. I am surprised.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Teammembers and/or peripheral bosses who place arbitrary deadlines for aspects of my projects that make them feel better, but the take time away from me for actually completing those aspects and the entire project according to the timeline in accordance with my own schedule.

This was sent from my mobile device.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sales are down company-wide. So what's the answer? 18 different spreadsheets that need updating daily on all activity! Oh, and did I mention that all of this info could be taken right from our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system?

Hey, I'd love to prospect for new business, but I had to fill out all of these spreadsheets and ran out of time. :roll:
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Sales are down company-wide. So what's the answer? 18 different spreadsheets that need updating daily on all activity! Oh, and did I mention that all of this info could be taken right from our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system?

Hey, I'd love to prospect for new business, but I had to fill out all of these spreadsheets and ran out of time. :roll:
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't post too much personal stuff in the internet, but I need a release. Yesterday, my wife had a miscarriage after 9 weeks of pregnancy. We have a 2 year old son, who is a better kid than any parent deserves...but this loss is devastating for my wife and I. Looked so forward to expanding our family and now we are coming to terms with the loss.

I know that "things happen for a reason" and we will "get through this"...but today the pain is palpable.

After 38 years on this earth, some shit never makes much sense.

For any dude that's been through this, I feel your pain. For anyone's wife, or sister or mother or friend that's had this happen to her...give her a hug and tell her you love her.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry to hear that buddy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

That's just awful O-Dogg. They say the worst thing in life is to have a child die before you do although you didn't get to know this child yet, it must still be hard.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I am so sorry to hear this O-Dogg.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn... Sorry to hear that O. I wish there was something to say to make it all ok, but of course there isn't.

That's never happened to me, but I have a friend who has gone through three miscarriages and his wife and he are now in their late 30s and childless and the chances of them actually bringing a baby to term are growing more and more slim by the day. To say that the third one was devastating cannot even begin to describe what they've gone through. Meanwhile there are so many assholes in this world who have kid after kid and don't give a fuck about them. Makes me sick. Especially when I know my friends keep asking themselves if there's something they've done to be undeserving of having a child of their own.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Thanks guys.

Chi... This is our 2nd. We had one before the birth of our son, whose birth was a miracle considering docs have said that my wife and I had "unexplainable infertility" before him. Meaning, basically they had no clue why we couldn't get pregnant prior to that.

Considering my wife and I are in our late 30's I can kinda understand your friends feelings. I look at my son daily and am so grateful we were able to have him. Words don't express the absolute joy he's brought to us.

When my wife and I started dating 15 years ago, she wanted to have a lot of kids and have a huge loving family...something she had little of growing up.

I don't get why some have too much and some have so little or none at all. I feel for your friends...
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I'm sorry to hear your sad news O.

My wife had 5 miscarriages before our daughter Rae was born. There are no words.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:I don't get why some have too much and some have so little or none at all. I feel for your friends...
And I feel for you. That's just such a tough thing to go through.

I guess the good news is that the trying is the fun part.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Sorry to hear, Odogg. I've been thru some trying times recently and like you said, nothing anyone can say or do will make you feel better. Time unfortunately is the only semi-remedy for your heartache. But I think it does help knowing that people care. I do care.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

pokinmik wrote:Sorry to hear, Odogg. I've been thru some trying times recently and like you said, nothing anyone can say or do will make you feel better. Time unfortunately is the only semi-remedy for your heartache. But I think it does help knowing that people care. I do care.
Thanks, you're right. As time goes on the healing happens. Thankfully we have a lot of friends and family to support, all of which are sad for us today.

I told my wife yesterday that this needs to be a page in the story of our lives together, otherwise the story of our relationship would be too perfect, and frankly, unbelievable.

I also need a page that details the joy that a National Champ would bring my family....why can't it be basketball season already? Fuck, I'll even take football right now...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'm very, very sorry, O.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

You don't deserve that, O-Dogg. So, so sorry for you, your wife and son. There will be better days.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

that's terrible odogg. hard to say things will be better, but count the blessings you do have in your great wife and son it seems like. i don't know how i could deal with something like that. i can't even imagine being a father and am in no place in my life to ever be one anytime soon, but just thinking about that kind of shock is very eye opening to me. hope everything gets better.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Once again, thanks guys. I know each of us goes through shit in our lives.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

So sorry, Odogg. My uncle went through his own struggle, and finally went to adoption. It was sad seeing a caring, deserving person have to struggle while people who are awful parents pop them out right and left.

I doubt there's anything I can say on the Internet that could touch the magnitude of something like that, but you have my prayers.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

My wife, my son and I are beyond lucky...that's my focus currently. Plus my sister is due with her 2nd child any moment now...so with loss comes gain.

I tell you though, in a moment life can change dramatically. Enjoy every moment you can.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Hang in there Odogg and family. It's a tough deal.

My sister is 2 for 4 on kids to preganancies. The two losses were as brutal as anything I've ever heard. One was near full term and then nothing, and the other was born months premature and lived for a couple of weeks afterward. It was just brutal for her and my brother in law. I'll tell you what though, my two nieces are the sweetest, cutest little girls and they really have a lovely little family. The friendly Canadian GF had five miscarriages before the daughter she has. It was before my time, but I know it was rough on her. Now though, she's as great a mother as there could be for a kid.

Take care man. All the best to you and your family.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

My mother had 4 miscarriages in 5 years. I was the last attempt before my folks gave up the ghost...
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I was trying to take a right hand turn out of a parking lot, but a cop takes (what would be for anybody else) an illegal U-turn right in the middle of the fucking street and pulls in front of me before I can make my turn. The cop that was following him stops in the middle of the road, and they proceed to have a window-to-window conversation, with much laughing and relaxation, while I'm stuck behind a squad car having to wait the whole thing out.

What would have happened if I'd have honked at them?
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Longhorned wrote:I was trying to take a right hand turn out of a parking lot, but a cop takes (what would be for anybody else) an illegal U-turn right in the middle of the fucking street and pulls in front of me before I can make my turn. The cop that was following him stops in the middle of the road, and they proceed to have a window-to-window conversation, with much laughing and relaxation, while I'm stuck behind a squad car having to wait the whole thing out.

What would have happened if I'd have honked at them?
Depends on whether or not you have a FBI badge* handy.

* Ideally your own rather than from the guy in your trunk.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Olsondogg wrote:Thanks guys.

Chi... This is our 2nd. We had one before the birth of our son, whose birth was a miracle considering docs have said that my wife and I had "unexplainable infertility" before him. Meaning, basically they had no clue why we couldn't get pregnant prior to that.
I have two kids and have almost the same story. My wife miscarried very early with our first attempt at having a child, may have miscarried a twin while carrying my oldest, and then after the birth of our oldest child, we went through 6 years, 3 actively trying, of "secondary infertility," which sounds similar to "unexplaned infertility", except for the first child part. No rhyme, no reason...my motility was solid and numbers were good, my wife was producing eggs. We had a child. We were following all the crazy "maximize your potential" rules. But nothing.

My wife miscarried at 11 weeks early in year 4, and then, again, nothing for 2+ years. We went through fertility treatments, hormone cremes, Clomid, some crazy process where they actually take the swimmers and put it right on top of the egg. Nothing.

It just didn't make sense...how could we be fertile and get nowhere? We were in our mid 30's and had originally planned on kids at 28 and 31, but now we were 34 and $10K + out of pocket on fertility treatments. So we decided to adopt.

We went to the first meeting, scheduled a home study, and my wife ended up pregnant. No complications, carried to term, and now we have a 13 and 7 year old.

It still doesn't make any sense. Sure, the stress of trying can inhibit success, but not for 3+ years. But sure enough...as soon as we thought we were done trying, we were back in the game. And holding our breath.

It can happen. I wish you and your wife the best.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Fuck. Yesterday was the 700th anniversary of Bannockburn.

:oops: :x
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

EVCat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Thanks guys.

I have two kids and have almost the same story. My wife miscarried very early with our first attempt at having a child, may have miscarried a twin while carrying my oldest, and then after the birth of our oldest child, we went through 6 years, 3 actively trying, of "secondary infertility," which sounds similar to "unexplaned infertility", except for the first child part. No rhyme, no reason...my motility was solid and numbers were good, my wife was producing eggs. We had a child. We were following all the crazy "maximize your potential" rules. But nothing.

My wife miscarried at 11 weeks early in year 4, and then, again, nothing for 2+ years. We went through fertility treatments, hormone cremes, Clomid, some crazy process where they actually take the swimmers and put it right on top of the egg. Nothing.

It just didn't make sense...how could we be fertile and get nowhere? We were in our mid 30's and had originally planned on kids at 28 and 31, but now we were 34 and $10K + out of pocket on fertility treatments. So we decided to adopt.

We went to the first meeting, scheduled a home study, and my wife ended up pregnant. No complications, carried to term, and now we have a 13 and 7 year old.

It still doesn't make any sense. Sure, the stress of trying can inhibit success, but not for 3+ years. But sure enough...as soon as we thought we were done trying, we were back in the game. And holding our breath.

It can happen. I wish you and your wife the best.

Thanks man. We saw a specialist to determine the "unexplained infertility". Spent a few grand just for them to determine that, not to mention the tests my wife had to do, as well as the vaginal ultrasounds. I had to jerk it into a cup a few times.

I don't really know what we are going to do now. Last week we felt as if we should be thankful and just enjoy the awesome kid we have, as the pain of what we've been through was enough not to jump on that train again. Now my wife is feeling like she wants to try again, and if she isn't pregnant by her 39th B-day, she may want to look at other "options" for fertility.

My comfort level is not quite there. The aspect of going through what we just went through, is scary enough for me not to want to try again (I mean, I totally enjoy the process of making a baby...and that ain't gonna stop)...but I don't know my comfort level spending tons of coin to hope it happens, only to have it end the way it did this time.

A lot of thinking and talking my wife and I are gonna do. She admitted she is jealous of my sister who had a baby girl on Saturday...not a great feeling to have, but she admitted she feels that way...

You know, I go through this experience and happen to find my way to CNN.com and read a story about a parent who left his child in the car only to die...and then police found that he and the mother researched how long it would take to die in a hot car:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/justice/g ... ?hpt=hp_c2

Awful shit. Makes me angry/sad/depressed on many levels. Ugh. The world just doesn't make sense at all.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Man fuck the mormon cult and what it's doing to my family right now...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Return from 2day trip.

Deer thought my garden was night out at Sweet Tomatoes.

And didn't leave 7.99 per head. bastards.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Chicat wrote: I hate when someone pulls up to the first pump and doesn't pull all the way to the farthest one to the front. Then I have to squeeze around them and my car is all cockeyed from trying to line it up right. So usually I just back up at an angle and block them in. Fuck them.

Also, if you need to go buy your pack of menthols or whatever, and you're done pumping gas, pull into a parking spot. Nothing worse than seeing three or four cars at a pump not actually pumping gas and then watching as Two-Ton Sally walks as slowly as possibly opening up her package of Ho-Hos as she lifts her fat ass into her car without a care in the world. Don't worry Fat Ass, I didn't have anywhere to be and I love sitting around a gas station waiting for your lard butt to move your car away from a pump after buying convenience store pizza rolls and diet soda.
You forgot the most Hoosier part of the story. While Sally was waddling around the gas station, her brother Jeffy Bob is around the corner at the Walgreen's trying to buy Sudafed. He left his two kids under 5 locked in the rusted-out Buick in the parking lot, of course. When they scan his ID, it of course says that he's at his limit but for the next 20 minutes he argues with the pharmacy technician that there's been a mistake and he's only bought one little pack in the last 6 months. Meanwhile the line there get's longer and longer and longer.....
"Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"