Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

EastCoastCat

Re: Venting Thread

Post by EastCoastCat »

Chi - hoping your wife takes after her mother. What a selfish prick.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Denizens of the CrackerVerse are not redeemable. Save yourself and your family.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Hi Chi. Maybe the bright spot is you won't have to spend any time with that dumbass during the holidays.

Just trying to find a positive note in all this.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I was trying everything in my power to get better and have a negative test before Xmas so we could all be together and my mom and stepdad said fuck that, we'll see you in a week or two LOL.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I get to host my mom for two days starting tomorrow.

My wife asked what she would like for Christmas, I responded; I don’t think there’s a gift for victimization mentality, and learned helplessness.

She’s a special kind of boomer
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Can't you just write yourself a script for Valium? I ask because I presume your mother will be bringing bacon again? Wasn't it she who spawned that wonderful memory? Or have I got your family mixed up with someone else?
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:25 pm Hi Chi. Maybe the bright spot is you won't have to spend any time with that dumbass during the holidays.

Just trying to find a positive note in all this.
For me, it’s a definite positive (as is not having to attend the extended family shitty Indiana food Christmas Eve bonanza).

For my kids, it’s definitely not.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:27 pm For me, it’s a definite positive (as is not having to attend the extended family shitty Indiana food Christmas Eve bonanza).
Lime Jell-O casserole?

My oldest son was telling me yesterday that on a job application they asked a bunch of psychological profile questions, one of them being: Could you get angry enough to hurt someone?

He said yes on it, and said that later his application was denied due to concerns about his answers, maybe not that one.

I told him that I would have said yes too, and probably think that is the correct answer. If someone rapes my wife, or injures my children you can be damn sure I could hurt them. Someone saying no I would suspect is lying.

Sickening my family due to misinformation and selfishness would be another good reason to hurt someone.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Oh yeah, I could hurt some people. But not over some workplace bullshit. And hilariously if I were to tell my FIL that I did something really stupid and endangered the health of my family, he’d probably be talking about kicking my ass.

I really hope he’s suffering.
Wheeze you stupid cunt. WHEEZE!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:02 pm Can't you just write yourself a script for Valium? I ask because I presume your mother will be bringing bacon again? Wasn't it she who spawned that wonderful memory? Or have I got your family mixed up with someone else?
Perhaps.

And if mainlining Negronis can count as valium, then I’m already there.

Case in point #1: we’ve been talking about having her join in on Christmas since June “cause I never get to see my grand kids”

Sorry mom, you can fly, 5 tickets is too much for me around the holidays.

So finally this year she wants to come up. Yippee.

2.5 weeks ago: mom send me your tickets.

Mom- I haven’t purchased yet?

What do you mean, I offered to buy back in summer, you said you would do it.

Her - blah blah blah word salad, work schedule, I have to work, this time of year is so stressful, why do I have to come to Ca, the airports, more word salad and tears.

Next day, “I found a cheap flight!”

So tomorrow I get to waste half the day driving down to sfo in holiday nor cal traffic to pick her and my sisters ass up. It’s going to be a 6hr ordeal.

She flies out Christmas night. And my duty as son is done….
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:08 pm
dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:02 pm Can't you just write yourself a script for Valium? I ask because I presume your mother will be bringing bacon again? Wasn't it she who spawned that wonderful memory? Or have I got your family mixed up with someone else?
Perhaps.

And if mainlining Negronis can count as valium, then I’m already there.

Case in point #1: we’ve been talking about having her join in on Christmas since June “cause I never get to see my grand kids”

Sorry mom, you can fly, 5 tickets is too much for me around the holidays.

So finally this year she wants to come up. Yippee.

2.5 weeks ago: mom send me your tickets.

Mom- I haven’t purchased yet?

What do you mean, I offered to buy back in summer, you said you would do it.

Her - blah blah blah word salad, work schedule, I have to work, this time of year is so stressful, why do I have to come to Ca, the airports, more word salad and tears.

Next day, “I found a cheap flight!”

So tomorrow I get to waste half the day driving down to sfo in holiday nor cal traffic to pick her and my sisters ass up. It’s going to be a 6hr ordeal.

She flies out Christmas night. And my duty as son is done….
What could possibly go wrong ....

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Made it to SFO, 10 minutes to picking up my mom and sister, whiskey, ice, and chilled glasses, plural, in freezer, lots of Campari, gin, and vermouth at home.

I can can get through the next two and a half days.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

CalStateTempe wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:09 pm Made it to SFO, 10 minutes to picking up my mom and sister, whiskey, ice, and chilled glasses, plural, in freezer, lots of Campari, gin, and vermouth at home.

I can can get through the next two and a half days.
I know your trial, brother. We are your virtual drinking partners. The BDW bar and grill is open 24/7/365.

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

CalStateTempe wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 am And this morning I lost it...griswald no bonus style...

Things I’ve learned about myself in life. I’m good for about 48hrs in Vegas and Disneyland. I’m good for about 3 days at my moms house. Last night we had a discussion about portion control and how I’ll stsrt giving the kids their food. Nothing personal just how we want to do things for our kids. Of course mom takes it personal...

This morning I preparing breakfast. Asked oldest if she wanted eggs and bacon or oatmeal. She clearly said oatmeal. Mom asked if she wants bacon (wtf is it with her a bacon) and oldest said clear no thank you. I looked to mom and stated how glad I am my oldest expressed her wishes for breakfast.

I step out for 2 minutes and come back and there is a healing plate of fuckignnbacon infront of my daughter. And I lose my shit. My mom says Victoria asked for it, and I asked Victoria and she said “gramma gave it to me”. which made me more irate because i fell my mom things it’s like a game now because I find it incredible disrespectful to me and my family among other smaller incidents that have gone on through out the trip.

Compounding things, I don’t come form a family of measured discussion, and I am complicit too. I’m not good with polite speech during charged topics in my personal life. I’m mush better professionally and this weakness of mine is something I’ve had to develop in my adult life because I’ve had too and didn’t really have this example growing up. My wife’s family are saints they discuss things listen to other people’s perspectives and try to come to a decent solution without taking things too personal. My family is the complete opposite.

Anyways I’ve sorry to dominate this thread the past two days, I’m trying to write in jest and get it out, but these trips home are so incredibly stressful. I try to accept my mother for who she is but god damn it’s so tough at times. I wish/pray things where different it that pissing in the wind when the other party is too ignorant and stubborn to look outside themselves to change. There are clear reasons why I only make this trip about every 18months. Wish it could be more frequent but they are just really difficult trips and not a good way for my to “decompress from the office”

Maybe this is tmi but you guys are great support for shit like this.
Well I be damned Dove - you have a better memory than me, clearly I banked this in the “let it go, moving on” outbox and deleted the files.

And yes, clearly my mom has something special with bacon cause this was the original post.
We are trying to stick to portion control, fruits and veggies first before main dishes, and not offering bacon at every breakfast. “How do you like your oatmeal kids, do you want some
Bacon? Yay!!!!” And then we have to look like the bad guy for explaining why we don’t eat bacon every fucking morning. And after I’ve spoken to my mother ad naseum about these type of meal issues in the past. To which I get you’ve been in California too long and she feels it’s like some personal affront to her showing of love as a grandma.
Well…4 years later …I have another entry for you all in the “Mama CST and her love of bacon chronicles”.

Stay tuned…part three forthcoming after I hang out with my kids for a bit…
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Heh heh heh my wife remembers me reading that to her, and to this day she refers to you as the guy with the bacon-terrorist mom.

~ Wilhoit's Law
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Lordy your mom and mine have something special in common. Maybe they could be friends.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Today is my beloved wife's birthday. Yes dear .......... in this day, in any application, the indifferent truth has no residence.

~ Wilhoit's Law
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Furnace won't fire up.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

The girl that sits next to at work was just sent home after our manager found out she tested positive for Covid on Saturday. She's been coughing in my direction all fucking morning.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:23 pm The girl that sits next to at work was just sent home after our manager found out she tested positive for Covid on Saturday. She's been coughing in my direction all fucking morning.
Disgusting that Typhoid Mary came to work that soon after a positive test and showing symptoms.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

UAEebs86 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:31 pm
azgreg wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:23 pm The girl that sits next to at work was just sent home after our manager found out she tested positive for Covid on Saturday. She's been coughing in my direction all fucking morning.
Disgusting that Typhoid Mary came to work that soon after a positive test and showing symptoms.
What the fuck is wrong with people?!?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:38 pm
I have a running list if you want me to share...
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

She's an ASSu grad.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:33 pm
She's an ASSu grad.
“Positive means I passed right? Did I get an A?”
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Every day at my pharmacy in the blood red county of New Mexico I live in now people come in unmasked hacking and coughing on my face to pick up their paxlovid and tamiflu. It's amazing I haven't had covid 12 times at this rate.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Every day at my pharmacy in the blood red county of New Mexico I live in now people come in unmasked hacking and coughing on my face to pick up their paxlovid and tamiflu. It's amazing I haven't had covid 12 times at this rate.
Maybe give them sugar pills and let nature take its course….
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:57 pm
I would just warn them that those meds may have the side effect of making you gay...
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:00 pm
Chicat wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:57 pm

I would just warn them that those meds may have the side effect of making you gay...
Put those Woke! meds in your MAGA neighbor's diesel pickup and watch it turn into a Prius.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fuck everything
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Pro Pipe, the company my youngest son works for, just laid of his entire office. About 25 people.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Just got an email from my a woodsworker buddy: a friend of ours was driving south on Hwy 101 from Florence, OR. to Bandon to meet up with a brushing crew he runs for the city. It was about 4:15 AM. on 101 just south of Gardiner when he hits a pedestrian dressed on dark clothes in the middle of the southbound lane. Dude dies at the scene; our buddy cooperated with State Troopers. Troopers found drug paraphernalia on the pedestrian, but sure, it's Oregon. My buddy says he sees homeless on that woodsy stretch of road a lot. JFC.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Greg- so sorry for your son. Hopefully he got a nice layoff package and finds a better job.

Dove- that is horrible and 1 of my worst nightmares. Even though your buddy most likely did nothing wrong- that guilt (undeserved) will probably haunt him for a long time.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:07 pm

Dove- that is horrible and 1 of my worst nightmares. Even though your buddy most likely did nothing wrong- that guilt (undeserved) will probably haunt him for a long time.
The word is he's dealing with it but struggling.

~ Wilhoit's Law
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

My 25 year old nephew died yesterday. He was visiting overseas alone and died in his sleep in his hotel room. Possible carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm just stunned right now. He had just graduated from ASU.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

OriginalAZ wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:23 pm My 25 year old nephew died yesterday. He was visiting overseas alone and died in his sleep in his hotel room. Possible carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm just stunned right now. He had just graduated from ASU.
Damn that sucks! I'm sorry for your loss!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

OMG… that is so horrible.

My thoughts are with you and all of your family
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sorry for your loss OAZ. That really sucks.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Sorry about this. It's hard to make sense of it.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

OriginalAZ wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:23 pm My 25 year old nephew died yesterday. He was visiting overseas alone and died in his sleep in his hotel room. Possible carbon monoxide poisoning. I'm just stunned right now. He had just graduated from ASU.
It’s hard to know what to say when presented with such an unexplainable tragedy, but my hope is that your family and his friends and loved-ones can embrace and be there for each other as a tribute to his memory.
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

Incredibly sad. I’m so sorry to hear.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

What a staggering tragedy. I hope there is some corner of comfort for your family.

~ Wilhoit's Law
OriginalAZ

Post by OriginalAZ »

Chicat wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:54 am
It’s hard to know what to say when presented with such an unexplainable tragedy, but my hope is that your family and his friends and loved-ones can embrace and be there for each other as a tribute to his memory.
Thanks. We have a lot of family in Arizona who were really close with him. We have been telling stories to each other about his greatness and memories that he left with us. It's such a tragedy that I can't comprehend.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I sprained my ankle while taking a shit yesterday.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:21 am I sprained my ankle while taking a shit yesterday.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Sitters >>> Standers
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Comfort-height toilets are a true sign of ergonomically advanced civilization. That transition zone elevation change is critical.

~ Wilhoit's Law
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:14 am Comfort-height toilets are a true sign of ergonomically advanced civilization. That transition zone elevation change is critical.
One of the first things I did when the kids grew up was put in the higher toilets.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Merkin wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:24 am
dovecanyoncat wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:14 am Comfort-height toilets are a true sign of ergonomically advanced civilization. That transition zone elevation change is critical.
One of the first things I did when the kids grew up was put in the higher toilets.
Yeah, and you're a big guy if I recall correctly. Gotta protect those knees (and ankles). And, as considerate, well-trained husbands we're supposed to execute both business models in the seated position. So there's that.

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:28 am
azgreg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:21 am I sprained my ankle while taking a shit yesterday.
Fuck, I don't know. All I know is I was fine when I entered the stall and I was limping when I walked out.
I'm not a doctor Jim.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

yeah, that's going around a lot lately. It clears up after about 3 days though.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.