Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Re: Venting Thread

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER! wrote:Well yeah, no one is going to eat a spoonful of plain mayo. But I love mayo in many things.
While at a college party back at Arizona a guy won $20 eating a jar of mayo.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Well yeah, no one is going to eat a spoonful of plain mayo. But I love mayo in many things.
While at a college party back at Arizona a guy won $20 eating a jar of mayo.
The effect of that depends how big the jar is. The smallest jar has only 4000 calories, which would be normal if he didn't eat anything else that entire day or the next.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ribs turned out great! Also made cole slaw, mac and cheese, sweet tea and vegetarian collard greens (yes I know) and hush puppies from scratch, which were a lot of fun to fry in a vat of boiling vegetable oil in the kitchen.

Got the stamp of approve from our friends in Sac, who are originally from Georgia.

that being said, I'm a membrane-less type of rib guy.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

UAdevil wrote:
BigSkyCatinMT wrote:I hate mayonnaise,
I love mayo...but certainly not American mayo. Belgian Frite sauce / andalouse sauce ftw.
Only thing I can think of that I used mayo in - I make my own chipotle sauce.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Longhorned wrote:Why doesn't the butcher remove that membrane before we buy the ribs?
The membrane helps to seal the juices in the ribs, making them more tender. That, or a brown sugar glaze.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

my wife and I are chatting while she has a break from nursing school and she brought up the fact that she's expected to recite the following passage once she graduates school because "it is tradition". i personally find it completely stupid and offensive.
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly to pass my life in purity and to practise my profession faithfully.
I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.
I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.
With loyalty will I aid the physician in his work, and as a missioner of health, I will dedicate myself to devoted service for human welfare.
I mean wtf?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It comes from the nursing pledge...so you have a problem with Nurses putting patient needs first???
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

No, I know you're not that dense Odogg. The pledging to god and living a life of purity part is crap. I shoulda bolded that.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It was written in 1893. You need to really relax, it says God on the money in your wallet too...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That's actually the updated one from 1935 but oh well. This is 2016. We don't need this kind of stuff anymore.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm in the camp that thinks there are much, much larger issues than some words in a pledge that nurses make on behalf of honoring patients care. But hey, that's just me...take up the fight if that's what you want. I sleep well at night knowing that my NP wife read that same pledge and does that every night when a parent calls her crying about a child having an issue.

http://www.nursingworld.org/FlorenceNightingalePledge" target="_blank
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks there are much, much larger issues than some words in a pledge that nurses make on behalf of honoring patients care. But hey, that's just me...take up the fight if that's what you want. I sleep well at night knowing that my NP wife read that same pledge and does that every night when a parent calls her crying about a child having an issue.

you're absolutely missing his entire point. like embarrassingly missing it. it's kinda sad to watch actually.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

LOL
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Olsondogg wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks there are much, much larger issues than some words in a pledge that nurses make on behalf of honoring patients care. But hey, that's just me...take up the fight if that's what you want. I sleep well at night knowing that my NP wife read that same pledge and does that every night when a parent calls her crying about a child having an issue.

You should read my other posts about my wife's brief odyssey thus far and get back to me. She's going to be a kick ass nurse. And of course there are bigger issues in the world than this pledge and it's offensive purity line. I figured my posting history was pretty obvious about that...not to mention this is the "venting thread". Which is an internet posting detail I know you defend very heavily. So carry on...
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

nm
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

And yes, scums wife is going to be a kick ass nurse regardless of whatever traditional pledge they make her take.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Oh noes! A historical pledge has that obscenity "God" in it! I'm microaggressed against!
eh. i just feel like people should be allowed to make choices. there shouldn't be pressure to do completely unnecessary stuff just because it is "traditional". and not sure...it isn't like we are really "offended". wife was a turned into a fundy baptist by her high school boyfriend then he became abusive to her and they broke up. then lo and behold she got out into the real world as a young adult and almost overnight turned into a very progressive and liberal woman (thank GOD ;)).
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Yeah, sometimes I write posts just to get it off my chest and see it I writing then it delete because either they are not helpful or kinda stupid. Blowing off steam you know?

Mine above meets both criteria. :lol: you saw it before I got the "nm" in.

The purity line is pretty lame.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

fuddy-duddies. People with no sense of humor. At my wedding practice 23 years ago, when the vows came up...I vocally chose "Better, Richer, and Health". You would have thought I sank the Titanic or something.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

In-Laws. They eventually all develop the same Super-Power...grouchiness. Wife not happy, but I now call them 'Combat Woman', and 'Bitter Man'.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

What happened to kids trick or treating? I have had a total of 10 kids so far. Come take my candy before I eat it all!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Frybry02 wrote:What happened to kids trick or treating? I have had a total of 10 kids so far. Come take my candy before I eat it all!
We have 200+ kids every year. I'm guessing your neighborhood has just gotten older.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've lived in the same house here in Tucson for 11 years and not once has a single trick or treater ever come by.

Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

ASUHATER! wrote:I've lived in the same house here in Tucson for 11 years and not once has a single trick or treater ever come by.
Ditto
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Our friends live in a townhouse complex nearby and they had 1 group of kids around 8 and that was it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

0 tonight. sad.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

ASUHATER! wrote:I've lived in the same house here in Tucson for 11 years and not once has a single trick or treater ever come by.
18 years and counting without one here. It's location.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We saw about half the kids as usual. We usually go through 4 of those big bags of candy. I think one of the main reasons is all the churches in our area are doing that Trunk Or Treat now. Much safer for the kiddies.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Fuck you daylight savings. That is all...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:Fuck you daylight savings. That is all...
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Today I wept.

I wept for my sisters and my mother, my wife and her friends. I wept for those far less fortunate than me, a white male American. I wept for what I feel is coming, and for what was possible and was lost.

I wept because my demographic was largely responsible for what will surely affect women for years...for keeping the glass ceiling above them, forcing them to remained trapped below. I wept because a giant ego was expanded, after disparaging their gender for months.

I wept because I am raising two boys to be better than I am, and the figurehead of their country is far worse than I'll ever be.

I wept, but I've stopped. I have some serious parenting to do...and it instantly became harder overnight.

I wept, but my wife didn't. She's been through all this disappointment before and she doesn't have time or patience to weep.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Olsondogg wrote:Today I wept.

I wept for my sisters and my mother, my wife and her friends. I wept for those far less fortunate than me, a white male American. I wept for what I feel is coming, and for what was possible and was lost.

I wept because my demographic was largely responsible for what will surely affect women for years...for keeping the glass ceiling above them, forcing them to remained trapped below. I wept because a giant ego was expanded, after disparaging their gender for months.

I wept because I am raising two boys to be better than I am, and the figurehead of their country is far worse than I'll ever be.

I wept, but I've stopped. I have some serious parenting to do...and it instantly became harder overnight.

I wept, but my wife didn't. She's been through all this disappointment before and she doesn't have time or patience to weep.
A+ godspeed od. I have no idea how women do it and are so strong every day .

97cats

Post by 97cats »

CalStateTempe wrote:0 tonight. sad.
my neighborhood had 10,000 people plus -- f*cking insane
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:0 tonight. sad.
my neighborhood had 10,000 people plus -- f*cking insane
Start giving out raisins.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Just found out my mom isn't gonna be getting better and one of my best friends tried to kill himself last Sunday. Fuck 2016...
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Damn sorry to hear that Lando. Stay strong for your friends and family. Sounds like they'll need you more than ever.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Chicat wrote:Damn sorry to hear that Lando. Stay strong for your friends and family. Sounds like they'll need you more than ever.
Thank you Chicat. Will do my best. I'm the youngest of 7 and my dad came to me first and broke down and told me. To see his reality and heart both break at the same time was gut wrenching. He works so hard and now he won't even get time to enjoy retirement with her, he'll be taking care of. He deserves better. It is just so wierd at 28 to have my 66 year old dad come to me and looks lost and doubtful for the 1st time in my life. I appreciate this board and the support and outlet the community here provides. It's really time to grow up and step up. This community has helped me so much over the years. Rant over.
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I'm sorry, Lando. That must be terribly hard. I can't imagine.

Here's mine: I just saw a little dog get hit by a car right in front of the little girl who was chasing it. I've felt absolutely sick ever since.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Lando, I'm so, so sorry.

J
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

8+ years

$40 Million+ in business brought in.

Fired right before Christmas because the douchebag that I trained and who was promoted over me wants to build his own team of kiss-asses and fellow douchenozzles.

That'll teach me to be a team player...

I should have fucking quit a year ago. Bunch of fucking assholes.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Sorry Chi. That sucks. My dad got laid off right before Christmas once and it still pisses me off.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thanks man. Consolation is that my best clients are pissed and threatening to pull their buys. Don't think that's lip service either. I have a 7 figure client who was texting with me until 2am who wants to write my CEO to tell him that they'll be reducing their buys across the board by 50%. So if nothing else, I hope my old boss is shitting in his pants that he just fucked up his 2017.

Coworkers are pissed too. Had a bunch reach out to tell me they had a meeting where they ripped my VP for doing it right now and because the douchebag manager couldn't even bother to be there. I was well-liked, and was the top earner in our office. Plus I made my numbers. So they're all pretty shocked and feeling like no matter how well they do they could be next.

I'm not sweating it. I know of openings at their competitors, and I'm going to this big broadcasters/agency Christmas party tomorrow night where I'm going to network like crazy. Would love to pull an even better job by early next year and rub it in my old manager's face.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Holy shit. I'm so sorry, Chi. Let me know how I can help. I know that sounds like an offer from a bug to a dolphin.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Sucks Chi. Good luck.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thanks guys.

Good news for me (and bad news for you): Way more time to post
Bad news for me (and bad news for you): The RAP spreadsheet was on my work laptop. :x
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Sucks to hear J, but I'm 1000% positive you will land on your feet doing better than you were.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Thanks SD. I am too. Yesterday I was wallowing in pity. Today I'm pissed and ready to get right back at it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Good luck Chi. Things will work out for the better...may not seem like it now, but it will.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Thanks SD. I am too. Yesterday I was wallowing in pity. Today I'm pissed and ready to get right back at it.
Remember those guys from that company who tried to steal you away? Would you consider letting them know you'd listen again?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:Thanks SD. I am too. Yesterday I was wallowing in pity. Today I'm pissed and ready to get right back at it.
Remember those guys from that company who tried to steal you away? Would you consider letting them know you'd listen again?
Already reached out. They're keeping me in mind if anything opens up. And I have no problem taking a job now and then hopping to a new gig if a better offer comes along. That loyalty thing is done. This is business baby...