Venting Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

Re: Venting Thread

Post by Longhorned »

ASUCatFan wrote:My ex always used to bitch at me for not doing my share of the housework as well. In fact, it was one of the reasons she cited for fucking a fatherly man she met at work. Funny, the house stayed plenty clean after she left, I was well fed and her car broke down a few months later due to lack of maintenance.

Sometimes I miss things about being partnered with a woman, then I remember what life was like with the ex. Fuck that shit.
That's 'cause there's a world of difference between, on the one hand, some things about being partnered with a woman, and on the other hand, all the things about being partnered with a woman.
gumby

Post by gumby »

catgrad97 wrote:
ASUCatFan wrote:If you don't want to lose your fucking talent, paying $10-15k below market value and expecting the intrinsic satisfaction of the work to make up for it isn't going to cut it. Especially when you've added the work of at least another person to the positions over the past three years. It simply isn't sustainable.
"Intrinsic satisfaction"= "duties as needed" = free labor
Also known as "it's a calling." Try dealing with this in a dying industry where leverage is neglible.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm so wary of 10 items or less that I stay out of that line when buying a dozen eggs. Those people are scary!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Fucking weeds!

That is all.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

azgreg wrote:Fucking weeds!

That is all.

There as a very important letter "s" in that first sentence.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:Fucking weeds!

That is all.
We all have our quirks. I prefer laying sod.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

And now we all know how you guys aerate your lawns.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Just the back. I have some dignity. Now where's my ho, er, hoe!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

This morning while mowing my lawn, I had this idea for a smart phone ap with an eye goggle attachment. You grab a satellite photo of your lawn, and the ap computes a topological analysis of the shape and features of your lawn to identify a precise center point corresponding to an algorithm-based pattern of mowing. You put on the goggles and start mowing from the theoretical center, and the ap signals the pattern by keeping a dot in the cross-hairs of your goggles as you direct your mower. The result is a mathematically ensured prevention of any back-tracking, promising to save the user hundreds of cents on gas and thousands of seconds over a 5-10 year period.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Love it. I go from the outside in and my lawn looks like a race car track.

I have to mow this evening.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:This morning while mowing my lawn, I had this idea for a smart phone ap with an eye goggle attachment. You grab a satellite photo of your lawn, and the ap computes a topological analysis of the shape and features of your lawn to identify a precise center point corresponding to an algorithm-based pattern of mowing. You put on the goggles and start mowing from the theoretical center, and the ap signals the pattern by keeping a dot in the cross-hairs of your goggles as you direct your mower. The result is a mathematically ensured prevention of any back-tracking, promising to save the user hundreds of cents on gas and thousands of seconds over a 5-10 year period.
I love that. Although I fear they'll just make a smart mower. Like a Roomba for lawns. It could use the same GPS technology as large farm combines use now. Then what would I do to get away?

I mow in straight lines. Up and back. Same way every time so my lawn has that striped effect you see at major league baseball stadiums. My neighbor mows like CST. Outside in. Except his property is shaped like a rhombus drawn by a retard and he's only highlighting that fact with his mowing technique.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Wow. Are neighbors assessing my mowing pattern? No wonder they look at me funny. I am also an outside-inner. Fewer stops and turns.

{Hangs head in shame.}
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Love it. I go from the outside in and my lawn looks like a race car track.

I have to mow this evening.
You have the same strategy as this guy.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

People in the South LOVE, LOVE, their ride on mowers.

I've never experienced this.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

gumby wrote:Wow. Are neighbors assessing my mowing pattern?
Yes, and judging you. Have you been getting less and less Christmas cards?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Drivers who try to intimidate bicyclists from sharing their road.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

My wife left the toilet seat down....AGAIN!

Is it to much to ask to go into the bathroom and see that the seat is left in the appropriate 'up' position?

Gawd Damn It!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

azgreg wrote:My wife left the toilet seat down....AGAIN!

Is it to much to ask to go into the bathroom and see that the seat is left in the appropriate 'up' position?

Gawd Damn It!!!
I'm a stander as opposed to a sitter. But sometimes I treat myself to a sit-down pee.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Babysitting my gf's drunk best friend last night. Jesus. Eventually I let her just keep making an ass of herself.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:Babysitting my gf's drunk best friend last night. Jesus. Eventually I let her just keep making an ass of herself.
Did you hold her hair?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
gumby wrote:Wow. Are neighbors assessing my mowing pattern?
Yes, and judging you. Have you been getting less and less Christmas cards?
The challenges of cul de sac life never end. And the inner-city people think they have problems.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

scumdevils86 wrote:Babysitting my gf's drunk best friend last night. Jesus. Eventually I let her just keep making an ass of herself.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

^that is a very Mo point of view.

/ProvoPush
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SD: date 22, gonna get 22yo problems...that include their idiot friends.

maybe a mini-vent (but more just a thought/personal observation): I love attending professional conferences, but my life devolves into a series of 3 hours naps between the obligations here and tending to work back at home. Sometimes I long for the days of being a student, when I could just hangout and learn. Certainly would be able to partake in the free booze more and anonymously!

But life is good and its fun seeing colleagues and working on worthwhile projects together.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

1,600 dollars worth of car repairs. . .during beer week. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- 0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!1!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:SD: date 22, gonna get 22yo problems...that include their idiot friends.
Eh, the gf is great. She's 22 but acts like and has much more in common with people my age. Many of her friends are older...just the 1-2 we hung out with on Thursday still act like little kids who can't handle themselves when they drink.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm really getting sick of website that seem to think my keyboard's arrow keys should be used to bring up other articles.

When I hit the bottom of the page, don't auto-load more fucking content.

If I hit right arrow, it's cause I want to move the screen over (or it was an accident). It doesn't mean I want to load some new fucking content.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

SandwichGuy

Post by SandwichGuy »

Pisses me off that it's so difficult to find a taco shop, urgent care or mattress store in Tucson......
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Olsondogg wrote:I don't post too much personal stuff in the internet, but I need a release. Yesterday, my wife had a miscarriage after 9 weeks of pregnancy. We have a 2 year old son, who is a better kid than any parent deserves...but this loss is devastating for my wife and I. Looked so forward to expanding our family and now we are coming to terms with the loss.

I know that "things happen for a reason" and we will "get through this"...but today the pain is palpable.

After 38 years on this earth, some shit never makes much sense.

For any dude that's been through this, I feel your pain. For anyone's wife, or sister or mother or friend that's had this happen to her...give her a hug and tell her you love her.

So I just wanted to revisit this, and probably not the best thread for it...but my wife is actually 11 1/2 weeks pregnant. We had an ultrasound this week and everything looks completely good and perfect. I have not let myself get excited until now...and have kept this a secret from everyone including close family cause I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But thinking back to this post makes me appreciate the good fortune we've had. We are so excited and blessed again.

Just thought I'd share.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Congrats OD! Look at you bringing another Wildcat into the world... :)
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Well done OD!
Last edited by azgreg on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Congrats Odogg!

Pulling for your and your family!
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Excellent news ODogg!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Way to fly that Boeing, dog!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Thanks guys. I'm just happy the theories on Karma, and the laws of physics are always applicable in my life.

Won't know if it is a Wilbur or a Wilma until the baby appears...we aren't gonna find out the gender, but I'll let you know.

Bear Down!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Congrats, I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly! :)

pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Good shit OD. Hope everything goes well.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Congrats! And best wishes going forward.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Congrats OD. Good to hear and best wishes.

Now to vent about my first world white man problems. Water heater shit the bed on Tuesday evening and saturated/semi-flooded the basement where BD89's mancave and 60" HDTV is located (fear not, the tv is mounted on the wall and is fine). Still waiting on the new water heater to be installed. Been showering at the Y which is fine. The landlord, however, has determined that the carpeting must be replaced which means: 1) we have to move all of the furniture and shit out of the basement which is a massive pain in the ass, and 2) I have to watch the Utah game and any other CF this weekend upstairs with the general population of the household on a smaller and inferior televison. It also pretty much precludes me from inviting any of the fellas over to watch ball at my place.

Beyond annoying.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Congrats OD to you and mom.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
VoltronX

Post by VoltronX »

OD, hope everything works out for you...
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

I'm old as fuck. I get that. Why was the universe so unfair to me that I had to go to U of A during a time when girls' fashion consisted of cardigan sweaters and mom jeans. Now we have friends whose kids are down in Tucson and I have to see pictures of them and their friends on social media. Yes it may be creeper, but I think the world owes me a couple of clicks through their friends' instagrams for having to put up with overall shorts. Where were these girls in the early 90's?

http://instagram.com/lowkeydl9?utm_sour ... aign=photo

http://instagram.com/summshel?utm_sourc ... modal=true
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Traveling cross-country with wife and 3.5 month old (which as dad, automatically makes me cabana boy/butler/luggage carrier) and the solo-traveling old, often well dressed, women who occupy or when occupied by my family, incessantly knock on the door of the "FAMILY RESTROOM".

bitch please.

NCC: I fear for my daughter after age 10.

(FYI: You'll feel this, had Gordo's last night. It was heaven.)
NorCalCat

Post by NorCalCat »

Mmmmmmm Gordo's. I'm about a week and a half out from having one when I get down that way.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I didn't have daughters.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I work at a west coast campus, and there are only 2 sets of clothes for the coeds here.

Warm weather: Short shorts
Cool weather: Yoga pants

Not complaining.
gumby

Post by gumby »

azgreg wrote:I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I didn't have daughters.
So glad I did. One of each. The best way to go.

Congrats, OD. Went through the same thing.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

gumby wrote:
azgreg wrote:I'm sooooooooooooooo glad I didn't have daughters.
So glad I did. One of each. The best way to go.

Congrats, OD. Went through the same thing.
What two kinds of daughter do you have? :lol:
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of