Not sure where to post this

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Fendicent4ever

Not sure where to post this

Post by Fendicent4ever »

I was only an occasional poster on Goazcats, and while the day to day interactions weren't what drove me there, there was never a better place to glean info, kill time at work, or look things up in the past. I hope to goodness it gets sorted out over there- that was such an easy to use message board.

Regardless of what happens next, what separates Wildcats from the school up here in the valley (I may or may not have crashed the "1st annual Devils Ball", thrown up the Wildcat in several photos with prominent Scum Devil brass, and crushed their alcohol stock last friday fwiw) is the sense of community. All I ever hear from outsiders- and this goes beyond the state and even the PAC- is that Arizona alums have a nearly cultish allegiance to our alma mater. In a small yet amazing way the old board kept me connected to Zachary's, Frog, too many shots at 'Bags, chasing skirts in the dorms, meeting thousands of people who were just like who had something in common, and falling for that quirky city. On the worst of days, the old board was a lifeline to knowing just how great life can be. I'll miss looking up threads started by my late great HS football teammate and future Wildcat Bill Wacholz during his recruiting process. I'll miss the epic Trent Suzuki falling out, the Davonte Neal meltdown, Sean Miller to Maryland (thank the lord for Cheeseburgers and people in positions of power who lack any semblance of self respect), Josey Turner, Mark @ Dirtbags, Less Grossman, Mr Ge... I mean 97Cats, Winger, and everything else about it. Maybe everything over there gets squared away.

In the event that it doesn't, it looks like a ton of the folks and memories that made goazcats so much fun are heading this way. I hope you guys are as excited as I am to bring it over here.

Bear Down

WH
Olsondogg

Re: Not sure where to post this

Post by Olsondogg »

Awesome post.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Love it!

Saved and found for posterities sake:
From Jerryd's Kids circa 2009

I know Jim Storey;
So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.
But trust me.... You don't.
I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about.
This is how bad info gets passed around.
If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.
Cos some fans believe anything they hear.

btw google search, topic + goazcats works a hell of a lot better than whatever it is they have for a search engine. easy to find cut and paste some of the greats.
4Life

Post by 4Life »

Fendicent4ever wrote:I was only an occasional poster on Goazcats, and while the day to day interactions weren't what drove me there, there was never a better place to glean info, kill time at work, or look things up in the past. I hope to goodness it gets sorted out over there- that was such an easy to use message board.

Regardless of what happens next, what separates Wildcats from the school up here in the valley (I may or may not have crashed the "1st annual Devils Ball", thrown up the Wildcat in several photos with prominent Scum Devil brass, and crushed their alcohol stock last friday fwiw) is the sense of community. All I ever hear from outsiders- and this goes beyond the state and even the PAC- is that Arizona alums have a nearly cultish allegiance to our alma mater. In a small yet amazing way the old board kept me connected to Zachary's, Frog, too many shots at 'Bags, chasing skirts in the dorms, meeting thousands of people who were just like who had something in common, and falling for that quirky city. On the worst of days, the old board was a lifeline to knowing just how great life can be. I'll miss looking up threads started by my late great HS football teammate and future Wildcat Bill Wacholz during his recruiting process. I'll miss the epic Trent Suzuki falling out, the Davonte Neal meltdown, Sean Miller to Maryland (thank the lord for Cheeseburgers and people in positions of power who lack any semblance of self respect), Josey Turner, Mark @ Dirtbags, Less Grossman, Mr Ge... I mean 97Cats, Winger, and everything else about it. Maybe everything over there gets squared away.

In the event that it doesn't, it looks like a ton of the folks and memories that made goazcats so much fun are heading this way. I hope you guys are as excited as I am to bring it over here.

Bear Down

WH
Well said.