What to Wear

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

What to Wear

Post by Longhorned »

I hate shopping, have no sense of what to wear, and no interest in any of it. The burden falls on whichever woman I've dated (now the wife) or the sales girl in the store, who serves as a temporary girlfriend for anyone brave enough to actually walk into a store.

Anybody here tried Bombfell? They have "stylists" who take down your info and then pick out the clothes you should wear and send them to you in the mail. It's for men, and kind of the equivalent of Stitch Fix, so far just for women, but starting a men's version this fall.

My current solution is to wear suits, which conceal your inability to get dressed in the morning. But that only works Monday through Friday, November through March.
Alieberman

Re: What to Wear

Post by Alieberman »

I would love a place that would dress me.

My dog looks at me weird when I put closed toe shoes and long pants on
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Dressing myself is the least of my problems. It's not that hard as a man to follow style trends and apply them to your own wardrobe and shopping habits.

Men's style changes so infrequently. Imagine if you were a woman. Style trends change from season to season. I can't imagine how much time, money, and effort some women spend on dressing themselves.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:Dressing myself is the least of my problems. It's not that hard as a man to follow style trends and apply them to your own wardrobe and shopping habits.

Men's style changes so infrequently. Imagine if you were a woman. Style trends change from season to season. I can't imagine how much time, money, and effort some women spend on dressing themselves.
I have no idea what you're talking about. You make applying style to your wardrobe and shopping habits sound like applying soap to your skin in the shower. How on earth am I supposed to develop shopping habits that I can just apply some principle to? It's like having gardening habits, or scuba diving with sharks habits, or any kind of habits of things that I can't fathom even doing once without having to recover from emotionally for several years.

This is why everything I own has a penguin on it. I go to the Penguin store in Chicago, buy everything in sight, and then collapse and never shop again for three years.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Steve Jobs had it right.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:Dressing myself is the least of my problems. It's not that hard as a man to follow style trends and apply them to your own wardrobe and shopping habits.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You make applying style to your wardrobe and shopping habits sound like applying soap to your skin in the shower. How on earth am I supposed to develop shopping habits that I can just apply some principle to? It's like having gardening habits, or scuba diving with sharks habits, or any kind of habits of things that I can't fathom even doing once without having to recover from emotionally for several years.

This is why everything I own has a penguin on it. I go to the Penguin store in Chicago, buy everything in sight, and then collapse and never shop again for three years.
Then I think that shopping service you described sounds good for you. Godspeed Longhorned...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Finding clothes and getting dressed in anything other than basketball shorts does suck. I'm with you LH.

I have to wear at a minimum dress shirt and tie 4 days a week. There is very little middle ground in my wardrobe. I'm either fancy or a bum. The middle ground is tough to find.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

pokinmik wrote:Finding clothes and getting dressed in anything other than basketball shorts does suck. I'm with you LH.

I have to wear at a minimum dress shirt and tie 4 days a week. There is very little middle ground in my wardrobe. I'm either fancy or a bum. The middle ground is tough to find.
The middle ground is the worst. I have the right attire for mowing the lawn, and for delivering an address to the United Nations.

And literally every article of clothing I've bought for my 3-month-old daughter has either a block "A" or a Wilbur on it.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Just do solid colors with short sleeves, one pocket and two-pocket Dockers slacks. Hell, I've cleaned pools and backyards in that attire before after work.
Gato Salvaje

Post by Gato Salvaje »

Youre a dad now so the rules are pretty cut and dry for middle ground attire.

Rockports and Business socks 24/7.
either John stockton issue shorts, khaki pants, just underpants.
Short sleeve button down shirt with the front pocket full of crap.