Zona Zealots

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Puerco

Zona Zealots

Post by Puerco »

http://zonazealots.com/2017/05/07/arizo ... ngry-fans/
You think the athletes bust their asses so you can tear them to pieces? Their parents are reading all of this too, their parents honestly don’t know what to say besides ‘Prove the haters wrong.’ It’s sad. We can do better, we can be the best fans in the Pac-12 if we want too.
Thanks, Shereen. Sanctimonious much?

Does anyone else hate that site as much as I do? It's chock full of homer crap, and every time Sports Spyder lures me in I end up disappointed in the intellect of a portion of the UA fan base. How that woman gets press credentials is beyond me. She runs a blog for UA's equivalent of the Stepford Wives.

And I can't filter it out of the Sports Spyder results, and I want too.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
scumdevils86

Re: Zona Zealots

Post by scumdevils86 »

never even heard of the site
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Wasn't aware it was actually a site, but do follow them/her on twitter.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I honestly don't ever open up any other forums other than here. Used to go to to Scout site, but it was a complete waste of time and brain cells.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Whatever, consider a career at Arizona bb as on the job training. Think fans of teams in the League are any less forgiving?

See TJ McConnell as an example.

Put on your big boy pants, you're on a full ride at a top tier bb university.

Edit:autocorrect and stubby fingers are no good.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Mon May 08, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Whatever, consider a career at Arizona bb as one the job training. Think fans in teams in the League are any less forgiving?

See TJ McConnell as an example.

Put on your big boy pants, you're on a full ride at a top tier bb university.
agreed
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ZZ are very upset about the fact that a Tucson reporter mentioned that Alabama fired their baseball coach and can offer $1,000,000 to Johnson.

ZZ officially jumped the shark today. Gave them the benefit of the doubt about their fan girl putting down UA fans but this sealed it.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

This thread led me to the ZZ site. After just a few minutes, read about the Fansided network and how it all came about. Their angle is that they are "from a fans" point of view." Their "journalists," at least for the ZZ site, are former UA grads. I get the approach. It may not be for everyone but in this day and age when people are naturally drawn to "news" that confirms their bias, there is a place for them.
Zero

Post by Zero »

I unfollowed them yesterday when they were going back and forth with Brad Allis. They are embarrassing.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I dont mind that they are fans and a bit biased but when they are flat out embarrassing like calling out fans and going after people because they report facts it is too much
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

UALoco wrote:This thread led me to the ZZ site. After just a few minutes, read about the Fansided network and how it all came about. Their angle is that they are "from a fans" point of view." Their "journalists," at least for the ZZ site, are former UA grads. I get the approach. It may not be for everyone but in this day and age when people are naturally drawn to "news" that confirms their bias, there is a place for them.
I'm not saying there's no place for them. I just don't understand how Shereen Ryan can merit a press pass. Neither she nor anyone else who writes for that site should be considered press.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy