Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

scumdevils86

Re: Slow Drivers - Move Over

Post by scumdevils86 »

Of course. :lol:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

From a public health perspective, signage is the lowest/weakest intervention to ants or iOS outcome. Essentially a band aid so politicos can say they “did something”

If you really want to change behavior, you have to change the societal and built environment (socioeconomic factors) followed by incentives (changing the context by which people make healthy and safe decisions). (Cite:Friedan pyramid)

Recently having taking online traffic school (yes I speed, but no way my Tiguan was going 89 officer) I learned that much of the psychology of driving taps into individual competition.

It you be interesting to have an internal calculator that measures your average speed and other safe driving habits and reports to the insurance agency. Those that drive well have low rates, thoses that don’t, don’t.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

CalStateTempe wrote: From a public health perspective, signage is the lowest/weakest intervention to ants or iOS outcome. Essentially a band aid so politicos can say they “did something”

If you really want to change behavior, you have to change the societal and built environment (socioeconomic factors) followed by incentives (changing the context by which people make healthy and safe decisions). (Cite:Friedan pyramid)

Recently having taking online traffic school (yes I speed, but no way my Tiguan was going 89 officer) I learned that much of the psychology of driving taps into individual competition.

It you be interesting to have an internal calculator that measures your average speed and other safe driving habits and reports to the insurance agency. Those that drive well have low rates, thoses that don’t, don’t.
I get that in public health. But in driving, what can you do besides signage and commercials? You only have drivers ed for most people and the occasional traffic school but that wont do much. I have gone to traffic school for a speeding ticket and didnt learn anything new or valuable. I am sure most people are just sitting there doing the bare min until they can leave. With driving you are so focused on the roads and other signs, I think this will help greatly. Only other thing would be to pull more drivers over going the limit or under in the passing lane. But at the same time signage doesnt always work. There are always a few dumbasses in the suicide lane the wrong way on 7th St and 7th Ave every day. Other than ticketing them and being hardasses on it not sure what can be done there.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PHXCATS wrote:$177,000 ain't gonna do anything for education
It could buy a whole lot of school supplies, which would help since Republicans got rid of the tax break teachers got because they have to in many cases provide their own.

Or, you know, maybe that money could be used to teach you how to spell the city you think Arizona Athletics should bow down to....
PHXCATS wrote:Drive anytime between Tucson and Phoenox and Las Vegas...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

:lol:
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PHXCATS wrote: I get that in public health. But in driving, what can you do besides signage and commercials? You only have drivers ed for most people and the occasional traffic school but that wont do much. I have gone to traffic school for a speeding ticket and didnt learn anything new or valuable. I am sure most people are just sitting there doing the bare min until they can leave. With driving you are so focused on the roads and other signs, I think this will help greatly. Only other thing would be to pull more drivers over going the limit or under in the passing lane. But at the same time signage doesnt always work. There are always a few dumbasses in the suicide lane the wrong way on 7th St and 7th Ave every day. Other than ticketing them and being hardasses on it not sure what can be done there.
Only a complete fucking idiot would think that people who DON'T pay attention to traffic laws and when participating in traffic school WOULD pay attention to a couple road signs that they whiz by at 75mph on the highway.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I guess I’m still on POM’s ignore list.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: I get that in public health. But in driving, what can you do besides signage and commercials? You only have drivers ed for most people and the occasional traffic school but that wont do much. I have gone to traffic school for a speeding ticket and didnt learn anything new or valuable. I am sure most people are just sitting there doing the bare min until they can leave. With driving you are so focused on the roads and other signs, I think this will help greatly. Only other thing would be to pull more drivers over going the limit or under in the passing lane. But at the same time signage doesnt always work. There are always a few dumbasses in the suicide lane the wrong way on 7th St and 7th Ave every day. Other than ticketing them and being hardasses on it not sure what can be done there.
Only a complete fucking idiot would think that people who DON'T pay attention to traffic laws and when participating in traffic school WOULD pay attention to a couple road signs that they whiz by at 75mph on the highway.
Way to be civil mod.

Will sign a help every case of course not. But it certainly will help done and therefore make the streets safer. And no one slows down or taps the break on the freeway when they see a cop right?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

PHXCATS wrote: Way to be civil mod.
It was completely civil, actually. Maybe that word doesn't mean what you think it means?

Also, you have zero room left to demand anything of other posters here when you refer to posters in the manner that you do:
Phoechina wrote: boy
PHXCATS wrote: Will sign a help every case of course not. But it certainly will help done and therefore make the streets safer. And no one slows down or taps the break on the freeway when they see a cop right?
Only a complete fucking idiot thinks people react the SAME way to a SIGN as they do to a COP CAR.

Also....

Only a complete fucking idiot thinks the occasional sign spaced miles and miles apart does more good then spending the money on, oh, I dunno, school supplies, as one random, non-specific example.

::edit::
Just for clarification, because apparently some people can't read too well, I'm not directly calling anyone here a complete fucking idiot. I'm only pointing out that anyone who thinks completely fucking idiot things is in fact a complete fucking idiot. These statements may or may not apply to anyone in this thread.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It is machina ffs. We should all know the type of idiot we are dealing with
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Regardless who is in the discussion I agree it is unbecoming for moderator to call another a “fucking idiot”, especially when the get bent out of shape over personal attacks on the board.

Kinda hypocritical IMNSHO
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

that is one of the greatest posts ever on this site -- holy shit thank you, Merk

bunch O fucktards right there
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ADOT traffic control sign message seen this weekend

"CAMPING IN THE LEFT LANE ATTRACTS BEARS"

ADOT is on board with the good people....

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2018/apr/ ... e-contest/
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

UAEebs86 wrote:
I think that belongs in the "Hero Cop" thread.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Boom

Hey Arizona Drivers, read this
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CHP chimes in for Cali drivers!
cpt

Post by cpt »

It gets trickier when the highway is so crowded that it is a waste of time to move over. For instance, after Black Canyon City going north on the 17. The trucks are going 20 miles an hour slower than everyone else as they climb. You could move over after passing one - only to run into another one in no time so that you are going back and forth constantly all the while more cars are driving in the left lane preventing you from moving over. There are times when it makes no sense to constantly switch lanes.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

holy fuck that was movie-style height on that

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Been tooling around San Diego today.

You Cali fuckers really suck at driving in the rain. :lol:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Chicat wrote:Been tooling around San Diego today.

Its a city wide emergency if the sun dares to duck behind a cloud and a sprinkle is produced.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:Been tooling around San Diego today.

well in fairness to all the Southern California prima donnas anytime a drop, and I mean one drop, hits the pavement it’s ‘Storm Watch (insert year/season year here)’ all over every news outlet and service provider.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

what in the ever loving fuck is going on with every 2nd eye in that comic.

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's that artist's style. All their comics are like that
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Slayed the I-5 today.

5 hrs door to door Sacramento to Santa Monica.

Everyone slept, whilst I was caffeinated to the brim. full day at the beach today. I think I averaged 90Mph+ the whole time.

Brunch in LA rather then dennys slop at Kettleman city! Love it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — Semi-trucks traveling I-10 between Phoenix and Casa Grande are now restricted to the right lane until the lane expansion project kicks off in early 2023.

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/a ... OnJ0qKx14U
Osborn

Post by Osborn »

Merkin wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:19 pm TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — Semi-trucks traveling I-10 between Phoenix and Casa Grande are now restricted to the right lane until the lane expansion project kicks off in early 2023.

Which will not be enforced, probably. I drove PHX->TOOs->PHX quite a bit during Covid, and that trip back into PHX was sketchy AF as it went from 3 to 2 lanes to cross the Gila. I saw many accidents, near misses, and cars in the median with rollovers to avoid a rear-end collision. The semis were not the problem! It was all the non-commercial jackwipes going way too fast, tailgating, and not paying attention. I felt lucky as shit every time I arrived home in Phx.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Osborn wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:58 am
Merkin wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:19 pm TUCSON, Ariz. (KGUN) — Semi-trucks traveling I-10 between Phoenix and Casa Grande are now restricted to the right lane until the lane expansion project kicks off in early 2023.

Which will not be enforced, probably. I drove PHX->TOOs->PHX quite a bit during Covid, and that trip back into PHX was sketchy AF as it went from 3 to 2 lanes to cross the Gila. I saw many accidents, near misses, and cars in the median with rollovers to avoid a rear-end collision. The semis were not the problem! It was all the non-commercial jackwipes going way too fast, tailgating, and not paying attention. I felt lucky as shit every time I arrived home in Phx.
Until recently, I did that drive frequently too. From my perspective, a lot of the problem was trucks passing at 65mph and jackass left lane campers. On a busy, narrow stretch of road like that, it's pretty damn important to let people by.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

One thing good about left lane campers: Arizona cops can rest easy presuming they aren't pregnant women poking along headed to Cali for an abortion.

Karen may be a bitch but she ain't into child sacrifice!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Hippy Van Go VROOM!!!
Porsche has never been one to shy away from making rare models. We’re talking models where less than 10 have been produced, like the 964 Turbo Cabriolet and the 993 Speedster. Among these rarities is a particular Porsche that wasn’t actually a Porsche at all: the VW T3 B32. It doesn’t look like a Porsche, it’s not badged as a Porsche, but it will definitely sound, like a Porsche.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Haven't we all seen the dog in the back of a pickup bed running from side to side? I hate when drivers have no more sense than dogs. I doubt I would have fucked with the Honda quite as bad as the pickup driver did, but I would have been sorely tempted. Thanks, Merkin.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:19 pm
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

~ Wilhoit's Law
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Holy fuck that gif dove! 😂
Merkin

Post by Merkin »