The Official Missing Posters Thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

The Official Missing Posters Thread

Post by Chicat »

I was actually just thinking about TOS (the OLD site) and how there were certain posters who disappeared in April who are going to be shocked when they log in on GoAZCats and see that A) It's totally different, B) It barely works, and C) It's a ghost town.

My first thought was Taylor. Anyone else come to mind?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Re: The Official Missing Posters Thread

Post by Longhorned »

I don't know. I wish there were a way that TopCat could know about this board.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Real Dill
tstein

Is GlobalCat here? F Duke?

I'm gonna try and get TucsonClip here as well.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I feel like anyone logging in today will be like the guy waking up from his coma in 28 Days Later to a zombie apocalypse.

Taylor will log in, post "Hello?" and then the GoAZCats admin will attack him screaming, "SIGN UP FOR PREMIUM OR WE'LL EAT YOUR BRAINS!!!"
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I PM'd all of those guys
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I know I PM'd CPT
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

Is there an apology in there?
Reverting back to vBulletin 3.8.5
52 minutes ago
This upgrade has been a technical disaster.

We've had so many issues that we were not even able to post using the admin account until now. There is a config file that allows to set certain users as admin and give privileges that we had to modify just to carry out the upgrade and then we were not even allowed to post.

This past week, as was mentioned when we first re-launched the upgraded boards, our intention was to update the software and customize it, etc. However the platform simply is not as user friendly as the previous.

So many of you voiced your complaints about mobile, upgrading vBulletin, etc. and we did. Once we did everyone (and rightfully so) thought the upgrade was terrible but we were planning on updating it and getting it to a point where it was very functional and customized.

Premium subscribers threaten to cancel because of the free boards (showing that content isn't what is even important to them) and like we have said all along there are only a handful of the people on the free boards that complain that even are subscribers. Most of you fail to realize that the free boards are not what drive our business and that the fact that many of the most vocal complainers don't subscribe here (and many subscribe elsewhere) further indicates to us that the free boards are not a priority.

Regardless of all that, we were trying to make people happy and upgrade the server and then the software. The software was a miserable upgrade and it is technically complicated. It's not like hiring a programmer or web developer. vBulletin is specialized and you need to find a very unique individual that is an expert with vBulletin specific. vBulletin probably has the worst customer support (or lack thereof) and that compounded the issue.

We are hoping at some point today the site will be reverted back to May 25 at 8:45PM MST. So it will look and feel and be all that it was before the upgrade. Maybe we can all pretend that the past week never happened and you all can have what you have come to love and enjoy... the free boards - back to where they were.

We will have an update soon.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Where was that posted? ^
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

In the Help Section of GoAZCATS.

I suggest going for a cup of coffee while attempting to load that thread.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Hmmm so they are still alive. I guess we'll see
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

did you read that post? Still as snotty and condescending as ever. The ship has sailed on goazcats. We'll always be treated as ungrateful freeloaders and will have no say there. Time to focus on making this place our new home and the home for free Arizona sports discussion
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Goazcats should start all over again and just use the free Rivals boards. It's their only hope to survive.

Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:did you read that post? Still as snotty and condescending as ever. The ship has sailed on goazcats. We'll always be treated as ungrateful freeloaders and will have no say there. Time to focus on making this place our new home and the home for free Arizona sports discussion
I definitely got a lot of animosity from that post.

Not sure why they think being total assholes to potential customers is a smart business plan, but it's not.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Seriously. All customers want in most every business is to be treated with respect and thrown a bone every once in awhile when possible.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Back on topic, we need to get Winger over here post-haste.

Not to mention bring back walk-on-wildcat, the goat and Wilma's Pimp.

It would be interesting to put out a poll to see who would accept Auercat alone.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:did you read that post? Still as snotty and condescending as ever. The ship has sailed on goazcats. We'll always be treated as ungrateful freeloaders and will have no say there. Time to focus on making this place our new home and the home for free Arizona sports discussion
If they get all the functionality sorted out, people would flock back. It is going to take so much time and effort to get this site on the same playing field.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Jefe wrote:
If they get all the functionality sorted out, people would flock back. It is going to take so much time and effort to get this site on the same playing field.
I honestly don't see that happening

I'm here to stay
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
Why? Why go back when the same things will keep happening? Here we can actually have a say and do what we want here. Goazcats has nothing this place doesn't beside the old posts. No reason for anyone to go back

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I do wonder if people will still want to post in those threads and thus keep their free boards with enough traffic.

Which is why we should try to start up as many of the favorites as possible and encourage the continuance of content here.

I do think TOS is playing a divide and conquer strategy to quell the fledgling aspirations of this new endeavor.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:Why? Why go back when the same things will keep happening? Here we can actually have a say and do what we want here. Goazcats has nothing this place doesn't beside the old posts. No reason for anyone to go back
What couldn't you do over there that you can here?

The majority of GOAZ users could care less about the management or the way the forum is run, especially if its working like it was 4 weeks ago and stays free. Forums are based on user generated content and you act like the 10+ years of topics and discussions lost means nothing. There was already talk of saving as much as possible, especially the Old School thread. There is an infinite amount of content that is about to be lost...unless these members want to start copying and pasting everything from there to here. The content/members are the entire reason to go back if all is "well"

GOAZ will delete all the recent negative threads and the users that disappear during the offseason will have no clue this site exists unless told about it. GOAZ finally saw the writing on the wall and realized they had to do something before it was too late.

Biggest downside so far....97cats hasnt joined and didnt really seem interested when asked. Thats why most of us were on GOAZ in the first place
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jefe,

You bring up really valid points and the loss of the UGC is the main issue.

Something I will read about tonight but found here.
This is not the case with online user content. In the online world, the general rule is that the creator of the content in the Web 2.0 world owns the underlying material. However, to further use the content in online mediums (such as a Website), the creator grants a license to the Website, allowing it to post the user-generated content in whatever manner it desires. So, while you may own the mural, the Website owns the wall and you have agreed that the Website can use the mural in whatever manner it chooses.
http://venturebeat.com/2010/07/12/who-o ... d-content/

Interesting
What it means, though, is the company, can use, reproduce and change anything you submit. It can also create subsequent versions, for any reason – and not pay you any money for the content’s use.

In return, you get the opportunity to use the company’s Website.
So despite Storey's proclamations that free boarders are freeloaders, UCG is the value that allows access to free boards, in the eyes of the law.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Why? Why go back when the same things will keep happening? Here we can actually have a say and do what we want here. Goazcats has nothing this place doesn't beside the old posts. No reason for anyone to go back
What couldn't you do over there that you can here?

The majority of GOAZ users could care less about the management or the way the forum is run, especially if its working like it was 4 weeks ago and stays free. Forums are based on user generated content and you act like the 10+ years of topics and discussions lost means nothing. There was already talk of saving as much as possible, especially the Old School thread. There is an infinite amount of content that is about to be lost...unless these members want to start copying and pasting everything from there to here. The content/members are the entire reason to go back if all is "well"

GOAZ will delete all the recent negative threads and the users that disappear during the offseason will have no clue this site exists unless told about it. GOAZ finally saw the writing on the wall and realized they had to do something before it was too late.

Biggest downside so far....97cats hasnt joined and didnt really seem interested when asked. Thats why most of us were on GOAZ in the first place
no it's not why most of us wre there. it is already too late too. and here you can actually make posts on a forum that works, have a community, have a say in what happens here and help run the place, instead of being at the mercy of an anonymous admin who threatens you at every opportunity. if you like it, by all means go back there and post with the small handful of people left and leave the real community to us most dedicated posters from there who decided to start our own better community here.

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I have no intention of going back, and I go back to early 2003. Just had enough of treating the free boards as second class citizens.

Sure will miss 97Cats though, might have to join Scout premium when they offer that special.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

merkin wrote:I have no intention of going back, and I go back to early 2003. Just had enough of treating the free boards as second class citizens.

Sure will miss 97Cats though, might have to join Scout premium when they offer that special.
That's what I'm thinking.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

yep...9.5 years I've lurked/posted on goazcats and there is a ton of content over there that I will miss being able to search for and bring up but I think it is too late. i don't plan on really going back over there again unless just to see if it is still up and running. If SIGNIFICANT changes are made to the site in it's format, management, business model etc then I will consider going there again.

the community and quality of discourse available over here now is worth more than the many epic threads we're leaving behind.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:no it's not why most of us wre there. it is already too late too. and here you can actually make posts on a forum that works, have a community, have a say in what happens here and help run the place, instead of being at the mercy of an anonymous admin who threatens you at every opportunity. if you like it, by all means go back there and post with the small handful of people left and leave the real community to us most dedicated posters from there who decided to start our own better community here.
I just joined and am already being told to leave, super community!! Does negative Nancy speak for everyone? How many times did an Admin threaten you? Tone down the extremism...if you can.
Last edited by Jefe on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:no it's not why most of us wre there. it is already too late too. and here you can actually make posts on a forum that works, have a community, have a say in what happens here and help run the place, instead of being at the mercy of an anonymous admin who threatens you at every opportunity. if you like it, by all means go back there and post with the small handful of people left and leave the real community to us most dedicated posters from there who decided to start our own better community here.
I just joined and am already being told to leave, super community!! Does negative Nancy speak for everyone? How many times did an Admin threaten you? Tone down the extremism...if you can.
i didn't tell you to leave. stay if you like, but the first thing you did when you came here was question why this place was here and sounded like you were trying to say how good it was back there and didn't seem very keen on being constructive in this new community. no extremism here at all.

and yes, the admin there threatened every free board member multiple times with killing the site.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jefe wrote:
you're catching on quick. :lol:

No ASUhater does not speak for anyone but himself. He acts the same...at the other site or here, if you disagree with him.

There's a reason he's been nicknamed the board curmudgeon. :lol:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Jefe wrote:
you're catching on quick. :lol:

No ASUhater does not speak for anyone but himself. He acts the same...at the other site or here, if you disagree with him.

There's a reason he's been nicknamed the board curmudgeon. :lol:
hey now, i never said anything that wasn't completely true. jefe is absolutely welcome and i'm glad he's here if he's here to particpate in building this new community. if he's here to just talk about how the old site is better..he can go back to the old site. no harm no foul. and i'm only about 2% as curmudgeony as i was years ago.

azgreg

Post by azgreg »

150 members!!!
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

What we had over there was great for a long time, and there are more posts than we can count that will get left behind. All that really matters though is that the group that made that site great stays together. There is no reason not to believe or expect that this new location can't be even better as the "group" ages like a fine wine. I'm looking forward to things over here!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TFCATFAN wrote:What we had over there was great for a long time, and there are more posts than we can count that will get left behind.
2.5M according to Storey.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

TFCATFAN wrote:What we had over there was great for a long time, and there are more posts than we can count that will get left behind. All that really matters though is that the group that made that site great stays together. There is no reason not to believe or expect that this new location can't be even better as the "group" ages like a fine wine. I'm looking forward to things over here!
absolutely. so many good threads and discussions over nearly 12 years there (almost 10 years for myself) and i will miss those, but there is no reason to not do it here. we are in control of what we want to do and how to shape it, which is fantastic. all are welcome here, arizona fans, non arizona fans, whoever, as long as you want to participate and be a good member of the community. no pressure to buy anything and you'll always have a voice. at least that's what i want to see from this place.

i hope everyone that came here stays, especially even people questioning the move like jefe, because everyone can have a say here!

Jefe

Post by Jefe »

ASUHATER! wrote:i didn't tell you to leave. stay if you like, but the first thing you did when you came here was question why this place was here and sounded like you were trying to say how good it was back there and didn't seem very keen on being constructive in this new community. no extremism here at all.

and yes, the admin there threatened every free board member multiple times with killing the site.
"go back there and post with the small handful of people left and leave the real community to us." :roll:

You also started a topic titled "GOP must die" on the first day of a SPORTS forum. No extremism at all huh?

The last thing our fan base needs is another mass segregation. PGU and GOAZ did that well enough on their own. WE built GOAZ into what it is and you just want to throw it away like it meant nothing and can easily be replaced. This is a much bigger issue than you make it out to be. 1 million + posts in the bball and fball sections and over 60,000 threads.

If Jon doesnt follow suit, this site is going to be filled with more unsubstantiated rumors than PGU and we will be below both of them on the totem pole. If we really want this site to work, it has to be better than both the other sites.

Damn, did I just refer to GOAZ as an "other site?" :oops:
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Jefe wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:i didn't tell you to leave. stay if you like, but the first thing you did when you came here was question why this place was here and sounded like you were trying to say how good it was back there and didn't seem very keen on being constructive in this new community. no extremism here at all.

"go back there and post with the small handful of people left and leave the real community to us." :roll:

You also started a topic titled "GOP must die" on the first day of a SPORTS forum. No extremism at all huh?

The last thing our fan base needs is another mass segregation. PGU and GOAZ did that well enough on their own. WE built GOAZ into what it is and you just want to throw it away like it meant nothing and can easily be replaced. This is a much bigger issue than you make it out to be. 1 million + posts in the bball and fball sections and over 60,000 threads.

If Jon doesnt follow suit, this site is going to be filled with more unsubstantiated rumors than PGU and we will be below both of them on the totem pole. If we really want this site to work, it has to be better than both the other sites.

i'm guessing you missed the thread with thousands of posts on it at the other site started by calstatetempe called "the gop should just roll over and die"

i was just restarting a thread there that was very popular there. calm down.

and since we have the backing of nearly everyone that made goazcats, well, goazcats, i think we'll be fine. this site isn't built to directly compete with scout or anything to have premium articles or anything. it's mean to be a good free board. and if you call the majority of the most dedicated posters from goazcats being able to run our own board our way "throwing away" the other site...then so be it.

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

For clarification, I am a fiscal conservative, social moderate.

I started that thread back in 2009-2010 in response to the GOP having a 13yo "prodigy" speak at a GOPAC conference (who subsequently turned out to be democrat once he hit college) and the continuing lack of intellect and data-driven discourse in the current GOP platform.

Doubling down on populist idiocy.

That thread was my reaction to their efforts to "grow the party". Hilarious article in the OP though. You should read it if interested.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Jefe wrote:

"GOP Must Die" was a long standing thread at TOS. It's just being carried over. It's also in the political forum where civility is rare. This site is different than the other sites. It's community based. It is not trying to attract subscribers, nor is it trying to compete against other sites for pecking order. I know I don't care about numbers other than the community is left in tact. We probably will end up similar to AFO than anyone else, except perhaps incorporating new ideas, something not allowed at TOS. We don't even have any admin privileges there. This board belongs to all of us, not to Jim Storey, or Scout, or Rivals, etc...
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Catintheheat wrote:
Jefe wrote:

"GOP Must Die" was a long standing thread at TOS. It's just being carried over. It's also in the political forum where civility is rare. This site is different than the other sites. It's community based. It is not trying to attract subscribers, nor is it trying to compete against other sites for pecking order. I know I don't care about numbers other than the community is left in tact. We probably will end up similar to AFO than anyone else, except perhaps incorporating new ideas, something not allowed at TOS. We don't even have any admin privileges there. This board belongs to all of us, not to Jim Storey, or Scout, or Rivals, etc...
exactly my point thank you

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'm probably more libertarian than anything. whenever i take those political tests, that's how I end up.

What CITH said, who has really been bringing it lately!

paging ASUhater, need a political quiz/post/timesuck stat. :)
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Katzenfreund wrote:Nobody is asked to leave, folks. We all just got here, remember?

Back on topic...

Miss Claudia - our Slovenian princess
DW99 - every Arizona board needs its resident scummy

Machina, kylecoll... naahh, just kidding. :D
agree on all of those haha. and absolutely, the only way anyone would be asked to leave is through our yet to be decided potential ban system.

Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Just singed up and checking in here
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lando05 wrote:Just singed up and checking in here
heyy welcome. another long timer checking in. read through all of the "forum" and running of the site threads. lots of work to be done but this place is on the up and up to be a nice new goazcats.

phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Ha! Day 2 and we have a fight!

IMNSHO, message boards are about future content, not historical content. A lot of classic threads over there, sure, but nothing that can't be built bigger, stronger, faster over here. Sure, old threads are good for the occasional laugh, but how often do you really go back and read that stuff?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

phenom5 wrote:Ha! Day 2 and we have a fight!

IMNSHO, message boards are about future content, not historical content. A lot of classic threads over there, sure, but nothing that can't be built bigger, stronger, faster over here. Sure, old threads are good for the occasional laugh, but how often do you really go back and read that stuff?
just when someone usually adds something new and bumps it. might as well add the new stuff here and enjoy it

Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Xethw
Ben Hansen
Ben Hansen's brother (Beardownbaby)
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ASUHATER! wrote:
phenom5 wrote:Ha! Day 2 and we have a fight!

just when someone usually adds something new and bumps it. might as well add the new stuff here and enjoy it

At least for now, all that stuff still exists and is "promised" to be returned to the way it was a couple weeks ago. You can visit and look back if you want, at any time...provided that site doesn't just go away.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

walk on walkcat.

there where a few posters how were savvy with videos. I think KrazyCatFan was too. Saw he signed up.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

walk on walkcat.

there where a few posters how were savvy with videos. I think KrazyCatFan was too. Saw he signed up.

UA Direct.
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

We need HeHateme and CatinFl to come over for recruiting insight. Didn't see them on the members list, but they're posting over on scout.