Let's Decide How This Site Will Run!

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

JMarkJohns

Let's Decide How This Site Will Run!

Post by JMarkJohns »

We have flown past 100 members in 24 hours. This is truly fantastic.

In the coming weeks, as this site gains a bit more functionality and features like Polls, I will be conducting a series of votes on protocol for determining moderators in the future, determining banning process, determining certain other necessities that will provide a foundation if ownage in this co-op forum.

Post you're ideas openly here. Any idea that's been seconded/thirded will be voted on next week.

As first order, we should decide what percentage of a vote is needed for what aspects of the board.

I believe these motions should pass with a 2/3rd majority, or 66%

Other motions:

I submit 60% (as discussed already by Olsondogg) for temporary bannings.

I submit 75% for a permanent ban or removal of moderator powers.

I submit 80% for approval of moderator positions that will be held every offseason.

I submit in cases where no moderator candidate reach 80% that Admin names moderator.

I submit in cases where the site needs an upgrade, a costly added feature, or we as fans need to contribute financially, that the costs of upgrade, of maintainance be shared with the board, a paypal account (or something like it) set up, so we as a community have the option to continue the vested interest, or not. I demand transparency. For it you'll get a vested investment.

Those are mine for now. I figure talk here for another few weeks, then once added members stabilizes and the poll feature is added, we can look to create a thread on here with rights, priveleges, & responsibilities.
Chicat

Re: Let's Decide How This Site Will Run!

Post by Chicat »

I actually thought I saw a poll feature.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

That would be great. I'm on my phone, so I just did a quick browsing and didn't see one.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

somehow we need to incorporate the name Phoenix, not in honor of Machina but because we, the members of goazcats have risen from the ashes.
Last edited by azcat49 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

The Exiled GoAZCats Order of the Phoenix
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I like the idea of Exile in the title - we were a community abandoned. Without our internet 'village.'

We need some clever branding and title for the site, then it's off to the races.

I say we go Abe Lincoln on everyone: "A community for AZ sports, by AZ sports fans" or something like that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Love it Wyo...

Maybe get BearDown into the title since that is what this community freaking did over the past week to 24 hours.

ShaggyBevo is classic and represents them well. Have to come up with something similar.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Do we or don't we want this to be a site to take over Goazcats' previous role as being the public face the Cats fan base, where the media turn to for information, and where rival fans come? Does our community identity depend on our exile? These questions affects how we name the board. I think it's possible that down the road, we'll think of our community as transcending any one site, and this exile will be an important moment in our history, but doesn't define us entirely.

I think if we're going with a co-op model, it may be best to do a standard annual membership fee, and then be transparent with all members on the accounting. Don't allow some members to give more than others. And allow posters to view and post here without being members, for as long as they want to.

Does this make sense?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Longhorned wrote:Do we or don't we want this to be a site to take over Goazcats' previous role as being the public face the Cats fan base, where the media turn to for information, and where rival fans come? Does our community identity depend on our exile? These questions affects how we name the board. I think it's possible that down the road, we'll think of our community as transcending any one site, and this exile will be an important moment in our history, but doesn't define us entirely.

I think if we're going with a co-op model, it may be best to do a standard annual membership fee, and then be transparent with all members on the accounting. Don't allow some members to give more than others. And allow posters to view and post here without being members, for as long as they want to.

Does this make sense?
Yes. If you want to contribute, you may donate $25 a year.

Who amongst you wouldn't do that for a fan run, fan generated site where they have a say and say holds a sway?

It shouldn't be more than that. If even 20 of the 120+ members donate $25, that's $500 a year in upgrade and operating costs.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

wyo-cat wrote: We need some clever branding and title for the site, then it's off to the races.

I say we go Abe Lincoln on everyone: "A community for AZ sports, by AZ sports fans" or something like that.
I like wyo-cats suggestion. Something I'm playing around with:

WildCats Independent (or AZCats Independent, something to that tune)
A community for AZ sports, by AZ sports fans; Bear Down Red and Blue!

just a thought
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

How about: ExiledWildcatFansFuckStory.com?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Do we or don't we want this to be a site to take over Goazcats' previous role as being the public face the Cats fan base, where the media turn to for information, and where rival fans come? Does our community identity depend on our exile? These questions affects how we name the board. I think it's possible that down the road, we'll think of our community as transcending any one site, and this exile will be an important moment in our history, but doesn't define us entirely.

Does this make sense?

Who amongst you wouldn't do that for a fan run, fan generated site where they have a say and say holds a sway?

It shouldn't be more than that. If even 20 of the 120+ members donate $25, that's $500 a year in upgrade and operating costs.
If it ends up being some kind of surplus situation, then we can just start getting us some sandwiches delivered and stuff.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Careful now LH, that's how Storey initially got the basketball program in trouble at the Cactus Classic. :lol:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

JMarkJohns wrote:

Does this make sense?

Is there a Paypal site to donate to?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Not yet. It's something we should talk about next week.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

100 members would need to vote in the ban poll to make it valid.

Maybe a forum to provide links to UA related sports sites, and maybe to articles a site would like to link (or have a Nogales Jerry). Of course sites with a reputation for plagiarism should not be included. Since we are independent this might be doable.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't know if it's been said, but there should be a decision 1 of 2 ways:

Either have the option to ignore EVERYONE, including regumodulators.

Or

No ability to ignore anyone.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

When I say % of vote, I mean of those who voted.

Each poll would be for 48 hours.

And I second Olsondogg, we should be able to ignore everyone, even mods.

Although, chances are, if people want to ignore a mod, chances are said mod could be voted out as mod.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I disagree. Having the annual vote for moderators is a good way to keep them in check.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

JMarkJohns wrote:When I say % of vote, I mean of those who voted.

Each poll would be for 48 hours.

And I second Olsondogg, we should be able to ignore everyone, even mods.

Although, chances are, if people want to ignore a mod, chances are said mod could be voted out as mod.

That's why I like the option of a ban poll rather than ignore.

I would have much rather put it to a vote for people like HSP, than have to see countless threads started by him even though I "ignored".

I think it will keep the forum a better place than "ignoring" and "infractions" and the like. If people know that a simple majority over the course of 2 days could end their time here, than it would be more civil.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

We'll do a number of polls and have some discussions next week regarding some of these issues. I second the motion that mods should be ignorable. I believe the system will allow that. I think that PHPbb will not allow putting admin on ignore though. ;)
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

I'd donate to help support.

But can I have my real handle back from the asshole sock?
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I figure every offseason:

Phase 1: Poll - Should Current Mod Be Retained?
If yes vote wins, no other steps needed

Phase 2: Thread - Nominate 3 members for moderating this forum.
Top-3 vote getters are then moved forward

Phase 3: Poll - Election Vote for each mod.
Those who meet 80% criteria become mods. If no mod is elected, Admin names mod.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In determining the initial pool of mods to be voted in, I suggest starting with the mods from the old Goazcats. Unless there's any one of them that the current admins feel was in place due to poor administration at the old site.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Longhorned wrote:In determining the initial pool of mods to be voted in, I suggest starting with the mods from the old Goazcats. Unless there's any one of them that the current admins feel was in place due to poor administration at the old site.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (16.28 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Longhorned wrote:In determining the initial pool of mods to be voted in, I suggest starting with the mods from the old Goazcats. Unless there's any one of them that the current admins feel was in place due to poor administration at the old site.
I can think of a couple of those.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

I think it should definitely take a significant amount to ban a poster. I'd rather create a site where it's harder rather than easier to ban.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

"Beardown station.com", where real wildcats go to talk. Agreed, we need to get an official name, names for the forums (can we use the proud tradion and building the tradition?) and a place to donate (that is easy to use for us old timers).

Who knew being in at the ground level could be so much fun
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Is there a way to put people on ignore if we want? What does labeling someone a "foe" do
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

too busy at work lately to contribute that much to the planning here but I will be a lot more free by the end of the month. so excited for the ideas we're coming up with. I will gladly contribute money here and would love to put my name in for any mod position. I would take it a lot more seriously here ahah.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

84Cat wrote:Is there a way to put people on ignore if we want? What does labeling someone a "foe" do
If you make someone a foe you will not see any of their posts.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAdevil wrote:
84Cat wrote:Is there a way to put people on ignore if we want? What does labeling someone a "foe" do
Okay, thanks! I am still getting the hang of this software.
CatzManiac

Post by CatzManiac »

Why is "British English" the only option when you register?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

84Cat wrote:
UAdevil wrote:
Okay, thanks! I am still getting the hang of this software.
who ya ignoring already? haha
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CatzManiac wrote:Why is "British English" the only option when you register?
Bloody 'ell right it is.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

merkin wrote:
Bloody 'ell right it is.
If somebody changes this, I'm gone.
CatzManiac

Post by CatzManiac »

Longhorned wrote:
merkin wrote:
Bloody 'ell right it is.
If somebody changes this, I'm gone.
You are tempting me to start the first ever ban poll on this site.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Love that after 140 members and 1 day active and we are already determining how to ban and ignore people!
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

who ya ignoring already? haha
No one yet but after the whole Machina thing, I don't want to be left to read everyone's bs.