The UofA is now a smoke-free campus

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Irish27

The UofA is now a smoke-free campus

Post by Irish27 »

For me personally, I am glad they did this. I think it's a disgusting habit and if someone wants to spend thousands of dollars a year to die 20 years earlier than expected, that is fine with me but I do not want to smell or inhale it.

http://policy.arizona.edu/sites/default ... o-Free.pdf
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Re: The UofA is now a smoke-free campus

Post by CalStateTempe »

awesome.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

it was already pretty hard to smoke on campus anyway (you had to be at least 20-30 feet from any doorways or in specially designated smoking areas)
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

But you can carry guns though, is that right?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

RichardCranium wrote:But you can carry guns though, is that right?
No way. Really?!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When I was in school ('95-'00) it was a gun-free campus. Not sure if that's changed, but holy fuck I hope not.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Not going to look it up, but I think it is still a gun free campus. There was an article about a year ago about the school went into a panic when someone was seen walking into a parking garage with what appeared to be a rifle.

Which is of course legal once you step foot off campus.

Never did find the guy.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Declaring a smoke free campus is nice, but I sincerely doubt it will be enforced much. Unfortunately.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Declaring a smoke free campus is nice, but I sincerely doubt it will be enforced much. Unfortunately.
I can go weeks on the campus I work at and not see anyone smoke. Probably due more so people just being healthier out here and not picking up the habit. San Luis Obispo was the first city in the US to ban smoking cigarettes in bars and restaurants.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Merkin wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:Declaring a smoke free campus is nice, but I sincerely doubt it will be enforced much. Unfortunately.
I can go weeks on the campus I work at and not see anyone smoke. Probably due more so people just being healthier out here and not picking up the habit. San Luis Obispo was the first city in the US to ban smoking cigarettes in bars and restaurants.
I'd love to be proven wrong, I just think the habit will persist on campus. Too many people do it, and from my work experiences on campus (prior to 2014, as I've not been back in a while) they didn't usually pay attention to the distance-from-door and other regulations anyways, so why would they pay attention to this new one?

hope I'm wrong though.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update: