UFO's

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Longhorned

UFO's

Post by Longhorned »

I thought we had a thread on this but my searches on this site are failing me these days.

Anyway, where are we on this topic now that the government admits they're real and we can watch navy pilot videos of them online?

We used to have movies about it, and weird people used to talk about "the disclosure" happening one day. Now that it's happened, nobody really seems to care. Just bad timing from having our attention and focus thoroughly distended by the extraordinary stuff happening every day in the White House?
Merkin

Re: UFO's

Post by Merkin »

Had a thread on TOS, which Officer Craig was fond of.

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

So can't we pretty much rule out some kind of foreign government's secret technology? Even if we throw away everything pilots have witnessed before the Navy videos from 2004, that still leaves 15 years for U.S. intelligence to have uncovered nothing regarding what appears to defy everything known about the physics of flying aircraft.

The only way to answer the question is to say there are bugs in the detecting and imagining equipment and there's something wrong with the brains and eyes of the pilots.

If not, what else is left besides "therefore aliens" or intelligently-guided objects from another dimension?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Who cares? UFOs don't help optimize a campaign. Obviously these are just the wrong kind of aliens, useless and boring as long as no one knows what color their skin is.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

dovecanyoncat wrote:Who cares? UFOs don't help optimize a campaign. Obviously these are just the wrong kind of aliens, useless and boring as long as no one knows what color their skin is.
No, no, you've got it all wrong. This is a crisis at the border of the atmosphere. They're all just flying right in. We need a complete and total ban until we can figure out what the hell is going on.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

No, this is why we need the space force. Spend trillions of dollars on our favorite military contractors and we will all be safe and secure. See, no money for healthcare, environment, public lands, etc, etc, etc
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, maybe they're space pirates.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

(Be careful, though. If you joke too much in this thread you might get a 3 am anal probe, if you know what I'm saying.)
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

Unidentified Foreign Object?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
dovecanyoncat wrote:Who cares? UFOs don't help optimize a campaign. Obviously these are just the wrong kind of aliens, useless and boring as long as no one knows what color their skin is.
No, no, you've got it all wrong. This is a crisis at the border of the atmosphere. They're all just flying right in. We need a complete and total ban until we can figure out what the hell is going on.
Come to think of it, YOU"RE RIGHT! They're taking our government and media jobs right and left .... well, not left but for damn sure right. Mitch is one of 'em, you just know it! Trey! Ann! Alex! Gasp! The Supreme Court! Tariffs won't work with these cunning losers. We need SkyNet to set the atmosphere on fire, or a Patriot to nuke the planet from orbit. It's the only way to save America.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Look like balloons to me
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

It is actually some kind of Google balloon. See it on my flightradar app
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Looks like a light flare on the camera lens.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

I'm way more worried by QFOs

~ Wilhoit's Law
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Since the release of the Navy tic tac videos, I have been down the rabbit hole of UFO documentaries. There are several once credible proponents of the alien spacecraft theory, Nick Pope, Stephen Greer, Luis Elizondo, but now that they are making a living from it, they can't be trusted.

I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but I still can't resolve even the Roswell incident.

The government explanation, first a weather balloon and then a top secret balloon chain of high altitude listening devices is plausible, but
if you reject all the 2nd hand testimony of children of people involved, etc, you are still left with at least 4 Military officers, a couple who went on to reach the rank of general, who are on record, one by sealed affidavit opened after death that it was definitely a craft, including dead alien bodies.
Why would Col Haut falsify an affidavit to be opened after his death? Why would Major Marcel claim that the materials shown in the press release were not the materials he picked up? His facial expression in those photos looks like he's thinking, "Oh this is bullshit"

The Pentagon is supposed to tell us something by June, but who knows what they are going to say?
Last edited by AV8RCAT on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

I visited Roswell once. Went to all their exhibits and tourists attractions. I came away with the impression that it's all bullshit.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:59 am I visited Roswell once. Went to all their exhibits and tourists attractions. I came away with the impression that it's all bullshit.
Very possible, but a lot of people who were actually there have to be participating in the bullshit.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AV8RCAT wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:10 am
UAEebs86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:59 am I visited Roswell once. Went to all their exhibits and tourists attractions. I came away with the impression that it's all bullshit.
Very possible, but a lot of people who were actually there have to be participating in the bullshit.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4079
-JB
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I've read that, and don't discount it.

I do wonder if Haut's motivation to be involved with the "International UFO museum" was a "grifting" opportunity or if it stemmed from an interest because of what he saw.

His first affidavit, written while alive, was less detailed and didn't include alien bodies. The difference between the 2 affidavits could be "progressive embellishment" or it could be that he wouldn't reveal some secret information while he was alive.

"Death bed confessions" especially for those of that generation tend to be given some credibility due to the belief that few want to meet their maker with a fresh lie on their lips, and that they have no more reason to lie.

However, it also could have been a way to provide for those he left behind if his family benefits financially from UFO stuff.

You also have to wonder how such an advanced species fucked up and crashed in New Mexico, and why bodies? Were the aliens still watching VHS back then and didn't have drone technology?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I usually cringe when people say "I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but...".
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am I usually cringe when people say "I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but...".
Don't know what to tell you. I don't believe in Sasquatch. I think chemtrail theories are idiotic. I think Santa Claus was your parents, Oswald shot Kennedy and terrorists took down the world trade center.
I'm not convinced about UFO's.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

AV8RCAT wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am I usually cringe when people say "I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but...".
Don't know what to tell you. I don't believe in Sasquatch. I think chemtrail theories are idiotic. I think Santa Claus was your parents, Oswald shot Kennedy and terrorists took down the world trade center.
I'm not convinced about UFO's.
I completely "believe" in UFO's!!!

"Unidentified Flying Objects".

As soon as anyone makes any assumption about an UFO, I'm out....

(And, I live in Roswell, NM, BTW!!) :shock:
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

I should have said not convinced by official explanations of their origins.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

My daughter is taking Astrology in HS. It’s a lot more than Horoscopes, I’ll tell ya’. She’s getting really tired of that line of jokes, BTW.

Anyhoo, we watched a video and there’s between 500 billion and 2 trillion other galaxies out there. There’s gotta be life on some of their planets. Put me in the “mostly skeptic” on UFO’s. In not that crazy Swiss guy from Ancient Aliens, but it could be possible.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

UFOs are real absolutely...there's just 0 evidence they're alien in origin.

But overall I believe alien life is 100% certain, just the odds of it happening to already be at Earth are astronomically small.

AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

If there are millions/billions of solar systems in our galaxy and then million/billions of galaxies, I could believe that there are intelligent explorers who have found a way to quickly travel light years.
I would still tend to believe there are alien drones rather than occupied craft. That's what we would send.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Right. I'm positive there's some other sentient life form in the universe but the odds of them already visiting us repeatedly is basically 0.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Sentient or not, how do you explain Rudy Giuliani?

~ Wilhoit's Law
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 pm Right. I'm positive there's some other sentient life form in the universe but the odds of them already visiting us repeatedly is basically 0.
Why is that?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AV8RCAT wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:43 pm
scumdevils86 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:29 pm Right. I'm positive there's some other sentient life form in the universe but the odds of them already visiting us repeatedly is basically 0.
Why is that?
If aliens have visited Earth previously, I'm sure they moved on quickly after finding no signs of intelligent life.
-JB
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Reminds me of this awesome SNL skit.

dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

"It wasn't my worst Wednesday night...."

~ Wilhoit's Law
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

If we indulge the near certainty of other intelligent life in the universe, why couldn't it be in our galaxy? every galaxy?

Most scenarios depict aliens so advanced they would have long known of us and we could be insignificant, unworthy of their attention, but what if they were a hundred, not thousands of years ahead of us?

If our project SETI were to locate signs of life, we would certainly investigate. What if we were the first other intelligent life the aliens have discovered? Wouldn’t they investigate?

We are on the verge of interplanetary travel and we have a probe out beyond our solar system.The aliens would only have to be advanced enough to detect our radio waves or nuclear explosions and build a much better, saucer or tic-tac shaped space drone than we can.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Look, it took over 13 billion years for so-called "intelligent life" to evolve on earth. This so-called "virtual certainty of intelligent life evolving" elsewhere is a bit of a paradox in the quest to explain "UFO's"

Just as "likely" is the concept that "intelligence", and, especially technology, betokens the (near) end (self destruction) of "intelligent life" in any world (Sure seems that way on earth, eh??)

And, the very vastness of the universe that gives rise to such probability calculations, also means that the distance to travel from one life outpost to another is prohibitively distant (i.e., calculated in high multiples of light years!!) with a infinite number of unknown taregets...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I'd be careful characterizing what we have now as intelligent life...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am I'd be careful characterizing what we have now as intelligent life...
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

If there is advanced ET life, we don't know where it could be, but almost certainly not in our solar system. It could be in a distant galaxy, it could be in Alpha Centauri. Currently, for earthlings, travel to either is equally impossible, but in 100 years we went from flying biplanes to flying a helicopter on Mars..... from Earth. If we survive long enough to advance, I don't know that we won't someday accomplish interstellar travel with unmanned vehicles.

If there are ET's that can explore earth, all we know is that they are currently at a tech level we might be in a hundred or more years, if ever.

I can't ignore the developments over the past couple of years. The Navy admits that they are investigating UAP's, they announce new reporting guidelines and personnel are now encouraged, even directed to come forward, they release F-18 videos of objects maneuvering in ways currently thought impossible, they release weird still photos, they release the green magic 8-ball dice looking triangle things. The creation of Space Force, the military, etc being directed to disclose what they know, a multitude of ex and some current Gov't officials publicly discussing the issue. It seems like we are being prepared for something, especially if this stuff keeps being incrementally released.

I believe that some of these most recent things could be advanced drones, If they are secret human technology, I sure hope they are ours. If they are alien, I don't know how they are being controlled, but that still seems more likely than ET's sending piloted craft.

The one's throughout history could be BS, they could also be drones. The reports of bodies and contact with live beings are among the least believable anyway.

Of course, there are recent, second hand reports that whatever they are, there is a lot more video and photographic evidence, some shown in briefings described as shocking and one purported to be from 50 feet away.

I think that those expecting an epic revelation in June or whenever it's released, will be disappointed. If there is something earth shattering, it probably won't be declassified. It could be that our government doesn't and has never known what they are.

In any case, I need to see better evidence than fuzzy images. That doesn't cut it in a high def world, or 60 years ago.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

If you are able to set aside the venue, this interview speaks of the massive intelligence failure it is, that we can't ID these
things that could "within moments, put a nuclear warhead over Washington DC."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbJpTQD2Uk
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Starlink satellites
-JB
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

You can see those satellite streams basically every night anymore, not really newsworthy.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea I was in my pool at like 8 last night and saw some
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

ASUHATER! wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:27 am You can see those satellite streams basically every night anymore, not really newsworthy.
Must have been way more visible than normal. I would have liked to have seen it. My friend saw it and called me, freaked out. She knows I've developed a recent interest in this stuff, which is one reason why I won't have any credibility If I ever happen to witness something
I don't know if she was more relieved or disappointed that there is a conventional explanation.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The thing I don't buy is how this would be the technology of a civilization millions of years more advanced than ours. I get what these objects do and how it's beyond anything we can fathom, but technology changes at an exponential pace following industrialization. It wasn't a million years ago when the first train tracks were being built and scientists worried that passengers wouldn't be able to breathe if trains reached speeds of 20 miles per hour.

If you're going to posit that these objects come from an extraterrestrial civilization, and you're smart enough to know that doesn't mean they're piloted by aliens, it's still yet another leap of reason that there's highly intelligent beings out there surveilling us. They could have sent these AI-driven objects very long ago, and whatever they were for, they're just junk now, and still doing the things they're programmed to do. They could be on planets all over the place doing this stuff, and the technology could itself be engineering additional objects.

And if naturally intelligent beings ARE actively observing Earth through these objects, it doesn't mean that the beings have any way to transport their own living bodies across vast space to follow up with some kind of contact. Space travel actually sucks for biological beings.