UFO's

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AV8RCAT

Re: UFO's

Post by AV8RCAT »

It can be irritating when someone asks if you believe in UFO's, but it's pretty clear what they're asking. I just accept the incorrect usage as shorthand rather than be a pedant about it.
I don't remember ever asking that question. If I did, I doubt it went "Do you believe the objects the Navy has reported seeing are advanced craft created and operated by extraterrestrial beings?"

So...how to apply Occam's Razor when all explanations are wanting?

If we had knowledge that there were ET's who could travel here, that would certainly be the leading theory, but we don't, so it's not that, because it can't be.

Still, the possibility hasn't been taken off the table by those who get paid to do some shit about all this.

If multiple Navy personnel who are trained in and whose life depends on aerial identification got it all wrong, sometimes while multiple sensors are simultaneously providing false corroborating data......or if the US, despite strong denials, is secretly testing against it's own military, a breakthrough technology that we've had since at least as early as 2004, successfully hiding every trace of intermediate development along the way.....or if China or Russia or Nigeria or Captain Nemo has had this shit for nearly 20 years or longer........yeah, I'm gonna need to see some extraordinary evidence of SOMETHING before I close my mind to anything as cool, fun and scary as aliens.

I have so little hope for the future of this place, we might as well have an alien invasion.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Would I actually be fired if I insisted on wearing the Star Trek uniform to campus every day? I'm thinking the red one that Scotty wears.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

They are going to be really disappointed.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Information scientists would get a lot mileage out of that ignorance.
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

Well, isn't that something? A University academic has had a "profound revelation" previously shared by 1000's of stoned college students and armchair ufologists.

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/bizarre/a ... 44954.html
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

If it is spinning fast enough to travel back in time, wouldn't different parts of the object be spinning at different speeds (inner portion moving at slower velocity around the axis in relation to the outer portion) and therefore the object and it's occupants would be travelling to different places in time at the same time? ????

That would be an odd turn of events.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah but what if you take one of those really long shits WHILE the toilet is flushing and there's a moment between where you start and the stool ends? I can see how you'd end up running out of a cave naked looking for a bison.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Read some "expert" a while back, who said time travel is possible, but you will need to build a machine now, then in the future, go back to that particular machine.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Not little green men:

Navy Ships Swarmed By Drones, Not UFOs, Defense Officials Confirm

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/n ... ls-confirm

"After intense public speculation, stacks of official documents obtained via the Freedom Of Information Act, ambiguous statements from top officials, and an avalanche of media attention, it has now been made clear that the mysterious swarming of U.S. Navy ships off the Southern California coast in 2019 was caused by drones, not otherworldly UFOs or other mysterious craft. Raising even more questions, a similar drone swarm event has occurred off another coast, as well. These revelations came from top Department of Defense officials during a recent and much-anticipated house hearing on UFOs, which you can read all about here."
-JB
AV8RCAT

Post by AV8RCAT »

UAEebs86 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:40 am Not little green men:

Navy Ships Swarmed By Drones, Not UFOs, Defense Officials Confirm

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/n ... ls-confirm

"After intense public speculation, stacks of official documents obtained via the Freedom Of Information Act, ambiguous statements from top officials, and an avalanche of media attention, it has now been made clear that the mysterious swarming of U.S. Navy ships off the Southern California coast in 2019 was caused by drones, not otherworldly UFOs or other mysterious craft. Raising even more questions, a similar drone swarm event has occurred off another coast, as well. These revelations came from top Department of Defense officials during a recent and much-anticipated house hearing on UFOs, which you can read all about here."
Yeah maybe, but they can't explain this away as kids flying their drones when the only drones capable of operating at this range are million dollar military drones. Nice try, but unless they are willing to admit that Russia or China or Elon Musk is violating our airspace, they're just trying to bury something they don't want us to ask about.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Nor do drones go under water.

Although I wouldn't swear to the authenticity of this.

pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

If it’s from China it has to be true right?

:lol: :P
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Alpha Centaurians were calling in their takeout order.

/racist joke
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:40 pm Alpha Centaurians were calling in their takeout order.

/racist joke
-JB
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

We never did find out who was behind the Border Patrol drone encounter over Tucson: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... e-incident
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

So the military shot down a car-sized cylindrical object flying over Alaska at 40,000 feet today, huh?

And no one is saying what it was except to say it was silver or gray and not related to the spy balloons?

Interesting
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Merkin wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:34 pm Nor do drones go under water.
That's a completely unsafe assertion.

There are LOTS of underwater drones.

They are used for sea bed mapping, ocean temperature and chemical sampling, underwater cable monitoring and fault locating, and on and on and on.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

...and for blowing up Russian gas pipelines.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

KaibabKat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:18 pm ...and for blowing up Russian gas pipelines.
Must be Jewish Ocean Demolition Derby, the maritime counterpart to the Space Lasers.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

The invasion is happening.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CTE is a terrible disease.
CardiacCats97

Post by CardiacCats97 »

Did he come up with that in his cave of darkness?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am "Do you believe in UFO's" is a stupid way to phrase the question. Of course there are occasionally going to be objects in the sky that are initially unidentified and may remain unidentified.

I believe what they are trying to ask is: Do you believe any of these unidentified flying objects are aliens from elsewhere in the universe?

For me, it's a hard no.

Spoiler alert: It ain't aliens

Whatever happened to AV8RCAT? He took his tin foil hat and went elsewhere I guess.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/26/opinions ... index.html

That’s right. Crashed alien spacecraft and dead extraterrestrials, right there in the Congressional Record. If it wasn’t the wildest thing ever broadcasted on C-SPAN, it must’ve been close. Someone should look into this, right?

It turns out that someone already had. In 2022, the Pentagon tapped a veteran scientist and intelligence officer named Sean Kirkpatrick to set up a new office tasked with investigating UFO sightings by the US military. Named the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office by the US Department of Defense, Kirkpatrick told us his team dug into UFO cases and interviewed US service members who said they had knowledge about encounters with UFOs.

But, in fact, Kirkpatrick says, his investigation found that most UFO sightings are of advanced technology that the US government needs to keep secret, of aircraft that rival nations are using to spy on the US or of benign civilian drones and balloons.

“There’s about two to five percent of all the (UFO reports that are)… what we would call truly anomalous,” says Kirkpatrick. And he thinks explanations for that small percentage will most likely be found right here on Earth.
-JB
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Incidentally there are a couple of UFO tribute bands playing around and about. I'd really like to see that.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:32 pm Incidentally there are a couple of UFO tribute bands playing around and about. I'd really like to see that.
I saw UFO in 78 at TCC open for Blue Oyster Cult. It was a really good show
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

84Cat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:43 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:32 pm Incidentally there are a couple of UFO tribute bands playing around and about. I'd really like to see that.
I saw UFO in 78 at TCC open for Blue Oyster Cult. It was a really good show
Yeah, I saw them in 79 or 80 in Yuma and again about 10 years ago in Vegas.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

Uh oh...
A ‘Perfect Monolith’ Appears in Wales

A resident said he discovered the shiny, silver object on a prominent hill during his daily walk.

Not one to let “horrific” weather stop him, Craig Muir left his house in Hay-on-Wye in Powys, Wales, early Tuesday to take his usual walk up Hay Bluff when he spotted something large, shiny and new.

Standing there in the distance, like a beacon, was a silver monolith with no apparent trace as to how it got there or what it was doing in that spot.

It looked like it had “just been dropped down from space,” Mr. Muir said during a telephone interview on Tuesday. The sighting immediately captured media attention, calling to mind similar mysterious objects placed around the world in late 2020.

“It must be some sort of art installation,” he said. “If you didn’t know anything, to look at it, you could have easily thought it had been dropped off by a U.F.O. or something.”

Describing the location of the monolith as “the middle of nowhere,” Mr. Muir said there were no visible tracks, but he did see some footprints.

Mr. Muir, 37, who works as a stone mason, said the monolith stands roughly 10 feet tall, and that it’s about a foot-and-a-half wide at each point. He said that he didn’t know how deep into the ground it goes.

Calling it a “perfect monolith,” Mr. Muir said it was “exactly like the ones they have in Egypt” but “made of steel, and there’s no markings on there at all.”

The monolith appears to have been made from surgical steel, he said, adding that he did not think it was aluminum because “it had too much shine to it.”
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Mr. Muir, 37, who works as a stone mason

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

UAEebs86 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:48 pm Check out Mick West on YouTube. Also Joe Scott and Anton Petrov. It isn't aliens and it isn't high tech from China or Russia.
It's FLIR and radar artifacts and people who don't know how to do trigonometry.

How come none of these sightings are with optical cameras or with our spy satellites?
The operators admitted the resolution is so good they could read the names on players jerseys during the Super Bowl.
-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Turns out that Kirkpatrick was talking about Aguadilla back in the NASA UFO meeting (May 2023)

In his NSSA interview yesterday he expanded on this, explaining how (like in most the analyses) the motion is the result of parallax, and the "submerging" is just it being the same apparent temperature as the water.

Also, Nova is doing a recreation.

SK: "one of my favorites is Puerto Rico. one where everybody claims it goes into the water and out of the water and then dissapears. That is actually not what happens. The FLIR, the way a FLIR operates, is when the object is at the range. It is measuring relative differences to the background so it's contrast. So when an object is IR reflecting, or cool to the same ambient temperature as the background or irradiance as the background, it will look like it disappears. And in this case, this particular object was both a factor of parallax, which has been recreated. And I believe the status of that is still being declassified, or, or reviewed for public release, I don't think it's classified, and then the temperature or radiance, you know, I had actually gotten the models for that system and had it recreate that whole thing, and it does exactly that it makes an object disappear. And I think that is something that we're going to I think NASA is looking at recreating or Nova actually, yes, Nova. Nova is going to recreate that as part of their analysis for their series."

-JB