TOS Discussion

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAEebs86

Re: TOS Discussion

Post by UAEebs86 »

Reydituto wrote:Anyone catch Farva's eulogy of TOS on TOS?

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=135295

Touching really, to see how far under his skin I am ...
Joined here around the same time, posted once, and hasn't been back since January.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

GOAZCATS.com is excited to add longtime Arizona sports writer Steve Rivera to the staff as he will bring a wealth of knowledge and years of experience covering the University of Arizona to our online community. -

See more at: https://arizona.rivals.com/content.asp? ... GISSe.dpuf
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

what online community?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Decided to log into TOS today for the first time in nearly three months.

Here's a list of online users: Salty, ujusuwewal, nataHids, oqagarapuaj, igscumebiaxib, ipetidvay, Aponeeabraree, Raymondbum, ukaneizenoxiz, nujavageh, oefizic, elufitob, ixodehid, equfayoh, osijivilo, abeyijib, ugoluvi, gueevifuvu, ZOXHumbert, ucemuipis, gagiveba, odenokoz, iyihevepili, ipamcuhefimos, ehovurogxuq, ivaeyuclituka, ilebuiko, inafuiluhiagi, aguniyiyovquf, aipaaso, afiebopipas, awotikihefi, ugalaholmona, usumxudeq, oxawemouhoj, asehijupifx, izihuna, ejakaugeba, ujularo, NathannimI, ajiwnedibix, ikimxox, ikowumefeyox, aesobotukifa, EighthKap, ufuwuyogp, Parfumsudiek, onimeljuri, eduafakilo, utuqoefi, emaetijimods, irotogex, ixizesozekux, agqaroqetoqb, olsomanik, ogifilaalcare, JeffreyRen, aqyemenezax, farucelidw, koyiyino, nosuquiconije, epecjuxuhj, uberecod, aqexupikayida, opaxeyinew, axoqokag, Thosiktods, mdiyovednu, uyomukzayad, atmahoticibo, ahagusetazuse, uxufokorawe, ahveuvxuqe, alurvakar, ukuwwoqu, azaekacuiyiwd, agosezore, omoigocosa, akizeik, Charlespets, oozamiheh, etliuwakor, licihorivuc, CollinBute, aoimuhonzmn, afewocana, asaworaba, WillisGup, anfavuquwe, suwfexan, eheujijis, urequyo, eafiirvoxi, udeohab, ejiceuzoa, ewttali, fcevilonnucet, iwetiyupiqagu, kebejabi, acobowlikenug, ojenolyaru, ahelxewigeze, eozoliz, ThomasLen, eruytusaxar, opimige, inegoyumemom, uxigiflej, mscdetia, uqiibeunede, ukohilugodo, ipineyi, odipaib, ojumapineba, mudjaxola, elihimwii, efgruyelazu, ibibukigi, xogejeyaufe, Vimtorpt, ofxirdahuholk, ohiqumivecu, otihaqupi, ocuwiferace, uiteluyore, gekiyolucul, odkugixo, uetaqioko, exileteoro, omabiqdiqoe, ulifupi, egelotajo, obibatoyve, apivoluzewu, ixuaumiyoodi, iyqiyde, uehevolixos, eluwiwicxuaki, canki12Q60, uxiqujozu, upfivixazesa, isaninexa, earunedh, enuqagame, aluzumarehay, esikuxob, AlonzoRat, igyocutiu, onijmimis, iwosoziba, acupugejoixo, emeaocibemix, iagamuvozerin, anawdoqkufolu, izukiduyateu, ouxogaj, JeffreyHank, Deannamip, iilakpediz, ivutufehuden, ipehbauxivu, ijokupaq, apafupuxaw, atirunogelo, odiupoyu, iapadiowewibl.

I don't know about you guys, but don't you miss farucelidw, ufuwuyogp, and ibibukigi?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

No more than we missed Salty.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I think TOS finally shut down the free boards. They are there but I noticed I can't log in with my old name and password. Perhaps I've been banned because I visit the site once every couple of months to see if there is any activity. I haven't posted since near the beginning of this forum. If MAO doesn't want anyone to post, why doesn't he just shut the forum down or revert to the rivial free forums.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Catintheheat wrote:I think TOS finally shut down the free boards. They are there but I noticed I can't log in with my old name and password. Perhaps I've been banned because I visit the site once every couple of months to see if there is any activity. I haven't posted since near the beginning of this forum. If MAO doesn't want anyone to post, why doesn't he just shut the forum down or revert to the rivial free forums.

I can still login.
-JB
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Then I had to be banned. That's funny.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Catintheheat wrote:Then I had to be banned. That's funny.
I just exhausted my 5 attempts. Whatever is up with you appears to be up with me.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

It's like he changed the password.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Catintheheat wrote:It's like he changed the password.
Yeah. Considering he changed my posts and others posts, seems a reasonable conclusion.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

I was able to login...

... to find 11 pages of "new posts" (since my last visit, whenever...) made by the site with nary a single comment.... LOL
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I'm able to get in. Just headline posts.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

He must still believe we are coming back
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

RIP GoAzcats free forum. My old link doesn't work anymore. And Google links point to a site that doesn't exist. Frankly, I"m surprised TOS free forum was left standing this long.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Yep, it looks like they upgraded the SW for the premium board and ditched the free boards finally.
-JB
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

The "Old School Basketball Thread" on that site was a gem that will be missed by some of us old farts. It is really a shame that it could not be archived someplace.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

We should start a new site and a new tradition all on our own.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Drunk JMJ is officially legend and myth...
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

So we never forget that freedom isn't free from crazy and what that site died for:

Just to have to last edit:

I call it Mr. BatShitNuckinFuts' Opus
4Life wrote:Finally, a thread to trump Millers recruiting just took a huge hit. Can't wait to bump this in a few years.

Bravo.

I suggest - as ghostwhitehorse implies - let's dance so we can remember the time when Cyberbullies tried to spew utter garbage all over the GOAZCAT community. Is it a coincidence he chose a song about communes and drug abuse and arabic musical notes in the background? The world may never know. But it's a point that he choose that music knowing full well I'm jewish and proud of it during a serious discussion. The difference between jokers and real posters is that real posters know when things are serious. It's no coincidence that Batman's greatest enemy is someone who never takes anything seriously. Hence, why so serious? is Joker's motto. These guys are jokers. And with jokers, and their victims like Elliot Rodgers doing real damage in society, do we want GOAZCAT to turn into the next PUAHATE or muscle building forums? Think about it. Think about the legal issues for the admin might have to deal with. Families suing in civil courts, etc. Why? Because the forum has turned into complete bigoted, anti-religious, anti-intellectual, non-sense, back-patting, cyber bullying machine lead by people who in their own mind where legends? Why should the admin support that? What value is there in that?

To have a recruit, say Ivan Rabb, not come here because he's see's the cyber bullies intimidating every other Cat fan with a brain? If anything, that's a major negative. Do we not hold ourselves as UofA fans and alumi alike, to a higher standard? Or do we have no standards, like the CO-OP. My humor may be snarky at times - but it's derived from real science and answers.

This group has been particularly nasty to religious people, calling them all forms of names, from dumb to insane. So if anyone were to be reading 80,000+ posts of bigotry and lack of intellectual thought - What is he to think? Why is no one speaking out? Why is the conversation so dumb? It may seem petty to JMJ, but how would we all feel if we lost some prized recruit over something such as a message board?

Is that so selfish to say? If it is, it does not hurt me to say it.

The internet has real consequences in the real world. It takes no more than 5 seconds on Google to see the amount of attacks alone due to bullying on Facebook. Real people are suffering in playgrounds across this country, as well as being murdered, raped, assaulted, and plenty of other cruel things that never go reported. They don't see that violence happening at all. That is why they are so glib in doing what they do. So glib in choosing a name "co-op" which derives from Communism despite the fact that hundreds, thousands of innocent people right now are dying in Communist countries. The insensitivity is horrifically similar to just about every deranged madman ever.

But no. No no amount of telling them them to stfu and sit down helps. That is a common theme running from this group of Jokers. This isn't 2008. They completely avoid the changing world around them. Look at dumb posts like "do you have an app for that?" To literally quote the Apple television ad. What time or universe are these guys living in? It's no surprise that they have a truly warped sense of reality. Do they truly believe they are the Gods of Valhalla riding forth upon GOAZCATS in some crusade to right injustice? How did they get to be on Cloud Coo-Coo land telling everyone else what is right and wrong like Princess Unikitty? Is that not the same thing that they claim to so vehemently hate?

There is no arguing with stupid. Look at how they can't even read 3 sentences. What do you say to try to talk to people who have the mental acrobatics of preschoolers - no offense to preschools everywhere. And then when caught, can't apologize. Nothing to see here! That is there attitude. Never apologize, never admit defeat, never back down. They are never wrong. In that, they share much in common with many idiots that have come before them. JMJ may literally be the internet equivalent of Colonel Custer combined with an adolescent child who just broke his G.I.Joe. Please. I haven't seen a meltdown so epic since the last Blizzard expansion pack.

But, this is more than idiocy. This is purposeful hatred. Oh, how I felt pride knowing I would never fall for Carl Rove and the tactics he pioneered in the 2000 election. I voted for Gore and straight democrat in that election based much on the hatred I saw from Rove - but to see it come from the other side? Rovian tactics are very much the same tactics this group uses. They aren't here to debate or talk real sports at all - that's just a corollary. They have all the answers - you have none. You question them- they question your mental health. Hillary would understand. In this manner, they get their jollies off making fun of everything hoping you will pay attention to these obviously starved individuals. Anything you say that doesn't fit into their world view, hurting their delicate sensibilities. ruins their day. Everything is funny to them but what hurts them, nothing else is off limits. Only good thoughts, not bad thoughts. No hate, no outside thought, no frowny faces, no science, no religion, no guns, no intellectual conversation, no changing the subject, no bigots, no psychopaths, no Nazis, no rules and most importantly, no consistency. The only thing consistent - is that they are inconsistent. The fact that these guys have been to totally, and utterly destroyed by the Lego Movie, like many other great art works of the past have done for humanity - shows you this is the last gasp. Perhaps they should instead be advertising for GM's newest SUV : Denial.

Their biggest, most dangerous kick is to say "You are stupid or crazy or living in the past" because you believe in God.

Anyone who calls people dumb or crazy or implying that religion is for people not currently living in modern society, is a bigot. As someone who works in technology and is also religious - this has become an increasing terrible stereotype that they try to portray. It's not true. Science is born out of religion. They are as inseparable as E= MC^2 and the law of probabilities. Does it not say much that the greatest scientist of our time was not also one of the greatest philosophers? Einstein. That lack of history and understanding came to a head at the COOP. They spew regurgitated history straight out of the Nazi play book. I don't use that word lightly considering half my Epstein familiy was burned to death by similar megalomaniacs.

But that is what this crew does. They wanted to point out to me in their 1980's language of movie quotes how "knowledgeable" they are about when to use the word and when not to - to a Jew who it might offend! They told me "You know who were Nazi's, Nazi's." This rationalization is not unintentional - of which I'm sure their twisted minds have been able to endure countless times. They live and breath those crazy thoughts as if they were real and no one else likes them for who they are. I often wonder how in 10 years I have less than 400 posts here? Because then I remember I have a life. If these guys played games like they post, they'd be lvl 70 in a day. So what else are these guys doing with their time? Now I know. These guys revel in stereotypes they must watch non-stop, everyday. and then bring their hate here, on this forum for the University of Arizona. This would explain the entire hissy fit over losing their "reputation." Imagine having a character deleted after years of time invested?

How does this all relate to us - here - at GOAZCATS?

Is it no wonder most of their "supermods" choose Avatars from the movie "Revenge of the Nerds?" Really? 1988 calls and says Hello. In 1997, when I first stepped on campus, Revenge of the Nerds was lame. That's 10 years and no one cared. 15 years later and these guys still think it's funny? Why?

1) Because it's bigotry
2) because we accept it as true

Is not Revenge of the Nerds not stereotyping people into "Nerds and Jocks?" That it's a stereotype against the University of Arizona itself is not an excuse. The fact that as you read their posts and you see multiple posts have Ogre as their Avatar, it ends up looking like an old flip book cartoon of Ogre drinking himself to death. That's telling. Is that what we want young recruits to see coming to this University? Let alone the sports teams. This is much like saying that the Washington Redskin acceptance of a racial stereotype is ok because people take pride in it. The difference is that the Redskins pay players to play for them - we don't pay people to attend the UofA outside scholarships. If they didn't have that money, who would still play for the "Redskins." So why should student athletes want to play for a group of people who stereotype themselves as a bunch of eccentric nerds and drunk jocks? Can't test that in a laboratory, but I certainly don't want the implications of that experiment to be on our future students and student-athletes.

Standing up to bigotry is not bigotry. So for that, I applaud this board's admin. Enough was enough. Call it what it is - Standing up to stupid isn't stupid.

So start the list,
Chicat
NYCat
AZgreg
ghostwhitehorse
Daryl Zero
Pokinmik
JMJ
Wyo-Cat
Bruins01
ALiebermann
NorcalCat

If you want to name names, I say name em and dance so people can remember. Internet bullies love the anonymity of the internet.

"it's just the interwebz, lolz," - Chicat

Well guys, you have nearly the whole thing - enjoy it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Some of us, including myself, are perfectly happy with how things have been resolved. The bullies are gone now. They have the whole interwebz to bully now. Maybe they go back to the trash heap from which this stuff belongs, the World of Warcraft forums. We should learn much from WOW - to say video games are devoid of thought or understanding is completely untrue. They teach us much about life and death - and justice. I would suggest, like a WOW GM, any member on this list should enjoy permadeath.

What happens next - is clearly in our own hands. These jokers? Any student of History will tell you. History repeats itself often in the most ironic ways. They will get tired of bullying everyone in Cloud Coo Coo land once known as "the Forum for GOAZCATS Exiles" ... er, the CO-OP.

Why that changed,

*magic*

Because that's all these Jokers know how to do. That's what Jokers did at one time. Tricks of misdirection and guile. That's who they are. *Magic*

And who believes in magic?

The reason we have Science and Universities of study in the first place, was to dispel magic. So don't let magic and jokers win. Stand up against the cyber bullies and bigots. Isn't it great to feel pride in yourself again on these forums? Isn't it not great to be able to take pride in who you are and how you feel? It's feels good... almost selfish. Which, contrary to "popular" belief isn't a sin in the Old Testament at all. Jokers try to convince you otherwise - making you feel shame in your own interests, curiosities, beliefs, knowledge, and most importantly - compassion for other human beings. After all, is not the best illusion one which makes you think someone is dead only to reappear? A subtle attempt to trick you into rendering everything you know to be false about even life and death? And that's what real 5 star Nazi's need you to do first, and foremost.

So show them you don't care about them or their hate - Dance and rejoice in who you are.

Now that's been said - I'm going to go dance with my children and tell them how much I love them. Because at the end of the day - that's winning to me. Thank God.

:dirk::robevans::herbnit::erickbud:

This is how my people do it -

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/_IuIGai8AMY?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/_IuIGai8AMY?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

That is so cool JMJ. That is the one post I go back and read on occasion. I'm glad you archived it.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I totally forgot about that insanity

Awesome stuff
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

It truly is a rousing dose of crazy. It's almost unrivaled. Well, I guess, after today, it is unRivaled.

Just shows to GoAzCats ya.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

I was hurt to be excluded from his 'list'. lol.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I can't remember if I had ever read that all the way through before. Now that I have, I'm truly flattered.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

UAdevil wrote:I was hurt to be excluded from his 'list'. lol.
I'm shocked to be on the list. I have never seen that before.
I thought I was fairly innocuous most of the time other than a time or two I get riled up.
I'm usually left off lists.
I will own up to being a smart ass quite often though which is why I have that avatar.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Apparently you're a Nazi from the Lego Movie.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Chicat wrote:I can't remember if I had ever read that all the way through before. Now that I have, I'm truly flattered.
It's not even his final draft. I've re-read this thread (yep) and found at least four other updates.

So, you still have work to do!
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

This was the final draft I found back on page 12:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:So, I glanced back at goazcats, and the only thing is adding RichardCranium to the list and the fact that the list is now spruced up with full descriptions of the psychological ailments y'all are suffering from. That is it for the whole site. Damn.
That's awesome. Waiting for mine!!!
4Life wrote:Finally, a thread to trump Millers recruiting just took a huge hit. Can't wait to bump this in a few years.

Bravo.

I suggest - as ghostwhitehorse implies - let's dance so we can remember the time when cyber-bullies and phonies tried to spew utter garbage all over the GOAZCAT community. Is it a coincidence he chose a song about communes and drug abuse and arabic musical notes in the background? The world may never know because he never has any guts to say. But it's a point that he choose that music in particular knowing full well I'm Jewish and proud of it - during a serious discussion. The difference between jokers and real posters is that real posters know when things are serious. It's no coincidence that Batman's greatest enemy is someone who never takes anything seriously. Hence, "why so serious?" is Joker's motto. These guys are jokers. With jokers, and their victims like Elliot Rodgers, capturing the media spotlight, I ask you as fellow Cat fans, Do we really want GOAZCAT forum to turn into the next PUAHATE or muscle building forums? Think about that and what that means for the University. Think about the media circus that would highlight every post here showing how bigots like Bruins01 and NorCalCat have 5000+ posts of schizophrenic babble on the UofA forums. Think about the legal issues for the admin might have to deal with. Families suing in civil courts, etc.

These are real life consequences. Sorry, been there, done that too many times to watch it happen again. This group of people had been bullying so long, uncontrolled, they were unashamed with their own abuse of bullying others. So full of themselves, they ultimately became a gang of preschoolers peddling their tricycles down the streets of GOAZCATS, shouting "Look at me, I'm so cool, come join us." A group of internet thugs, full of bigoted, anti-intellectual, anti-religious, back-patting, cyber bullies, so vacuous and self confidence they would never stop. They would waged a non stop unceasing war against anyone who didn't give them what they wanted - why think the admin no differnet? It's always been about them in this whole meltdown - they were the ones that vowed never to return, yet return constantly. But hey, all they want is complete and utter control of the forums. Why should the admin support that? What value is there in that?

To have a recruit, say Ivan Rabb, not come here because he's see's the cyber bullies ganging up and intimidating every other Cat fan with a brain? If anything, that's a major negative. Do we not hold ourselves as UofA fans and alum alike, to a higher standard? Or do we have no standards, like the CO-OP and the Burger King Kid's club? My humor may be snarky at times - I confess readily - but it's derived from going to school at the University of Arizona, having a family and children, and the entirety of education, science, intellectual discussion, and debate I've had in multiple professional roles in the real world for many years. I never bully and try to tread the limits of good taste. I'm no prude, and enjoy a good time as well. I've also made my share of mistakes and overstatements I wish I could take back. Somethings in life you just can't unsay or unsee or undo. Mistakes happen. Life is a endless education - in which we are always learning. I always try to make amends if I make these lapses in judgement. Sometimes I wish I had chosen to become a doctor instead of an architect sometimes, because at least doctor's get to bury their mistakes. Hopefully my doctor friends will forgive me in this small humor.

This group has been particularly nasty to religious people, it's not just fun and games. It's down right calling them all forms of names, from dumb to insane, trolling every post they make all day long - because they have nothing else to do. So if anyone were to be reading 80,000+ posts of bigotry and lack of intellectual thought - What is he to think? Why is no one speaking out? Why is the conversation so vapid? It may seem petty to JMJ, but how would we all feel if we lost some prized recruit over something such as a message board?

Is that so selfish for me to say? If it is, is does not hurt me to say it.

But no. Not this group. This group is completely out of touch with reality. Look at their posts, such as "Is there an App for that?" Really? What year is it, 2008? As if the Admin has no clue about the Apple television commercial. What year is it in their little minds? But that is something that is common with this group. They are completely out of touch with the changing world around them.

It's 2014. The Internet has consequences in the Real World. It's no longer just fun and jokes, I'm afraid, the game of cups has ended. Imagine if I was not to stand up for Percy? How much longer would this continue. What if they bullied someone not as resilient as him? These guys have trolled him, and I'm sure other posters, for years. Anyone who disagrees with them, they troll out of GOAZCATS. More than just bullying, this is hardcore intimidation and poster suppression. Look at how they responded to me and Percy in this thread? Do you really think they can't even comprehend that we are two separate posters? If we are all actors, they must wonder to themselves, surely Percy must be one too. These comedians have no clue about anything, using every tactic available to appear intelligent, including pretending to be Jewish, while at the same time spewing anti-religious bile. Some of them clearly have no idea who they are pretending to be or who they are talking to. They think everyone must be just another joker like them.

In that, they share in common many things with idiots who have come before them. Never back down! Never surrender! Never give in! Never be wrong. That has worked of course so well in the past. In that light, JMJ may literally be the internet equivalent of Colonel Custer mixed with an adolescent child who just broke his G.I. Joe. Child please. I haven't seen an meltdown so epic since the last Blizzard expansion pack.

Their biggest and most dangerous kick is to say that people who believe in Religion are "Dumb, Stupid, or not for this modern society."

Don't let them do it. It's not true. Religion and Science are as inseparable as E=MC^2. Does it not say that possibly the greatest scientist of all time was also not also one of the most revered philosophers?

This type of lack of understanding came to a head at the COOP. Oh, I remember how proud I felt resisting Carl Rove's tactics in the 2000 campaign. I voted straight Democrat as a result of the hate and twisting of words. But to see it coming from the other side? Does it not say everything when they resort to calling people names such as terrorist? May as well call you an non-patriot while you are at it. When you disagree - they circle the wagons. When you call them out for their bs, they lie and attack you instead. When you question them - they call you mentally ill. In this, I'm sure Hillary would understand.

That type of insensitively and lack of understanding of the World came to a head the COOP. These pseudo-intellectuals tried to tell me, a Jew who might offend!, when to use the word Nazi and when not too. Really? They said, "You know who were Nazi's, Nazi's." This sick rationalization is not unintentional - probably as a result of countless sitcoms and grotesque movies running through their minds like sugar plumbs and lollipops. They want to "educate" everyone when to use the word and when not too based upon their 1980's language of movie and television quotes. To call it mind control is kind. These posters bitterly defended Nazism against all reason - denying with bitter venom - that the Nazi's became what amounts to a secular religion intent on destroying "organized" Religion and outside thought. They do not create threads such as "Organized Religion" without reason or purpose. I don't level these charges lightly, considering half my Epstein, Benviste, and Rivkin families were herded onto cattle cars and burned to death in factories by similar megalomaniacs. My great uncle, who I love dearly, who teaches history of the Holocaust in South Florida/Boca Raton, still bears the tattoos the Nazi's gave him. His brother, my grandfather, was already in America, a pilot and engineer for the US Navy during World War II. My family has an certain love of boats, having grown up in New York City, so it has always been natural for those, like my only brother, to attend Annapolis. My brother went there on scholarship as a recommendation from the Governor of Connecticut, thanks to my father, who, had taught Politics and Economics at the University of Connecticut, and later became an assistant to the mayor for the City of New Britain, Connecticut, and as a conservative, help start a city based recycling program. My family has had a long and deep history of love for both this Country, our faith, athletics, compassion for this world, and compassion for others. There is no shame in saying it.

But the cruelty of these people knows no bounds. They sit and wait for people to post like a bunch of spawn campers in Minecraft or Counterstrike. These are the guys, when you knock on the door at 3 am because the music is causing earthquakes and power-outages, and they say, "why so serious?" Their ability to rationalize anything, even life and death, is similar to every madman ever. These guys live in a fantasy they constructed of their own minds. Built themselves up to the point where there is no going back, well, outside complete control. They have built a house of ideocracy so enormous, that it collapsed under it's own weight. Imagine leveling a character for years to it's max at a real institution of knowledge and thought, such as the University of Arizona? Gods in their own minds.

I often wonder how come I only have 400 or so posts as I write this. I'm just a "junior" member after 10 years. Then I remember, I have a life, I have things to do. These guys live and breath these forums as if it's their lives. Much in common with hardcore gamers, they never know when to stop. If these guys were playing video games, they would be level 50+ in a day. Maybe they need an App to stop them from posting when they are too drunk or stupid, after all, there are apps to stop you from drunk texting. These guy's clearly live in a fantasy land of yesteryear constructed out of popular culture to which they take no breath away from. They submerge themselves into this dumbassery, only hoping to drag everyone under with them. Is it not telling that many of their "Super Mod's ended up choosing pictures from "The Revenge of the Nerds." 1984 calls and says, hello. I don't even remember it coming out, I always thought it was cheap way to make money.

Why is that still funny to them now, in 2014?
1) it's bigotry
2) we accept it as true

Does not the movie stereotype University of Arizona students into "eccentric nerds and drunk jocks?" That this is a bigoted view of the University of Arizona is no excuse. This is much like excusing the Redskins in their equally bigoted name. The difference is that the Redskins are a professional sports team - they pay their players to play. Outside of scholarships, we are not offered that same luxury. But isn't it telling, as you look at the COOP, that these Avatars form a flip book of sorts of Ogre drinking himself to death. That's telling. Is that the image of the University of Arizona we want to present to the World? Can't test that in a laboratory, but do we really want that experiment committed upon our future students and student athletes?

In many ways, Cloud Coo Coo land is a perfect description, because it shows you just how fickle and improbable it is - including it's residents. In this, they try to get you to enter their realm and be one of their little Unikitties too. Maybe with enough time, I'm sure Lewis Black would note, as improbable as it may seem, maybe you will become cool too... Don't do it. Don't join Valhalla with them. When they say there will be no rules, there always will be rules. Don't kid yourself bud. Rules they make up in their own gangster paradise. Why else come back to the forum and say you could become one of the "Supermods" too?

Nothing is off limits to these fools, except bursting their own bubbles. They don't really care how much damage they do, because it's all some big joke. Everything is terrible which offends them - but not you. They are always right - you are always wrong. They know everything - you know nothing. What makes them happy is always what's "cool." What makes them sad and frowny face, must be destroyed!!!!! No questions, no disagreement, no frowny faces, no new threads, no silly hats, no Candy Canes, no Santa Claus, no Hanukkah, no Kwanzaa, no trolls, no "organized" Religion, no science, no intelligent thought, no changing the subject, no violence, no break ins, no rape, no murder, no Communists, no Nazi's, no shame, and most importantly, no rules. The only thing consistent - is that they are completely inconsistent. Who do these guys really think they are? Do they really believe they are the Gods of Valhalla riding forth upon GOAZCAT to smite injustice? Who made them Princess Unikitty laying down the laws of right or wrong? Is that not the exact same thing they so vehemently claim to hate?

That it never ends for these fools speaks to their inability to grasp even basic concepts. Mental ingenuity is an ongoing issue with this group. They have the mental acrobatics of preschoolers, no offense to preschools and preschoolers everywhere. It doesn't matter who created the thread or why, but I take exception to the thread calling Miller's return to elite blood blue status, the Reconquista. Their inability to grasp the levels of detail of such a tragic event has not stopped them before. Once again, this shows they have no sensitivity for the countless Muslim lives lost during this event, among other victims. What is this forums obsession with blood blood anyway? Maybe once the Reconquista is complete and they have gained their blue blood, the Spanish Inquisition can begin? Perhaps they should instead get a job working to brand GM's latest new vehicle : Denial.

This type of idiocracy, bigotry, racism, baiting, and bullying behavior needs to end. It has no place here on these forums for the University of Arizona.

Standing up to bigotry is not bigotry. So in that, I applaud the Admin. Call it for what it is - stupid.

Internet bullies love using the anonymity of the internet. That is there best weapon. So here are some of the following names of bigots, racists, poseurs, and other nutcases that can't help themselves.

Chicat - Self admitted Nazi, Main Instigator
Bruins01 Self admitted Nazi, Likely Mentally Unstable
NorCalCat - Poseur, Anti-Religious Bigot, Likely Mentally Unstable
NYCat - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
AZgreg - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
Daryl Zero - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Semite
Wyo-Cat - Anti-Religious Bigot
pokinmik - Anti-Religious Bigot
RichardCranium - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Intellectual
ghostwhitehorse - Anti-Semite, possible serious drug and alcohol abuse
Alieberman
LegallyKenny
ArzCatz3
JMJ
Junior
Killervibe
SanwhichGuy
Olsondogg
- Poseur, Phony
Catgrad97 - Poseur, Hates Tucson

"Why so serious?"
"It's just the interwebz, lolz." - Chicat

Well guys, don't let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy the rest of the interwebz.

The rest of us? We have at least this small corner of the internet. We are perfectly content with the way things worked out.

But now these bigots and jokers want to troll the forums they claim to not need? Why should we put up with that? Enough is enough. I say end their accounts permanently. To say that video games don't teach us much about the World would be incorrect. They can actually teach us a great deal about ourselves, as well as society, Life, Death - and Justice. Much like a World of Warcraft GM, I would recommend these fools enjoy permadeath.

Delete their accounts completely. Identify their IP addresses so they don't create new socks. Remove them from the World of GOAZCATS forever. I would also recommend moving all the old bs to a sub forum for ancient history. Leaving opening threads around, that they created, is like living a wax museum, around with a bunch of signs that say - That way. Outside this thread, I'd leave nothing of them behind. Sometimes it's better to start off fresh anyway.

As for the board, it never changed. In fact, it's already cleaner now without half the garbage. Notice how these internet wanna-be's tried to trick everyone into thinking "the lights are out" and "no one is here." Clearly, these guys want everyone else to believe it. They just want to pull the wool over your eyes when anyone with a brain an clearly look below and see there may be more users online than ever - during the off season. Reality is never their friend, so I'm sure that just grinds their gears.

Me? I'm perfectly happy with how things worked out. What happens, happens. We have a chance for a real change now. I'm hopeful this can be a new beginning. I welcome real discussions and debate for a change. Maybe we will see other posters return who have long since held their tongue because they felt bullied too. If they felt that way, I encourage them to speak up. However, I know that these bullies continue to try to intimidate others who disagree, so I know that they need to be completely removed first.

What happens next? That's clearly in your hands. We have power of a precedent as a board to use it as leverage. If any of these fools read a lick of history, they would have known that too. But that's not really what it was about - they just wanted the whole Enchilada to themselves. What happens to these fools? Well, as any student of History will tell you, often history repeats in ironic ways. Everyone will either get tired of bullying, or be forced out of "the Forum for GOAZCATS", er ... The Co-op.

Why that changed?

*magic*

Because that's all these Jokers know. Magic. That's what Tricksters and Clowns do - Tricks and misdirection. Slight of hand. That's all they are. *Magic*

And who believes in that?

The reason we have Universities of learning and science is to dispel Magic. These guys are the ones living in a theater of the ancient past. So don't let the bigots and cyber-bullies win. Don't give into their warped mind games. Stand up and speak your mind. Don't be afraid to be yourself.

Isn't it great? Isn't it not great for the discussion to be free of such drivel that used to infect this site? Isn't it great to not have to be bullied for what you say or believe? Isn't it almost ... selfish? Counter to "common" belief, caring for yourself is not a sin in the Old Testament. In this way, Jokers try to make you feel ashamed of yourself for who you are, what you think, your understanding of the world, and most importantly - compassion for other people. After all, is not the best illusion, one that tries to render all you know about even life and death itself, to be false? And that's the first thing a real 5 Star Nazi needs you to do first, and foremost.

So, Remember the Titans. http://youtu.be/fqmlffA9U9s

And Remember you are what and who you are. Never let the bullies take that away from you.

So dance, and remember that at the end of the day, their song ends.

Now that's been said, I'm going to go dance and tell my boys how much I love them. For me, that's winning. Thank God.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Chicat wrote:Apparently you're a Nazi from the Lego Movie.
Well now that you mention that, it makes sense.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

I think we also now know the backstory to Ivan Rabb choosing Cal. :(
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Daryl Zero wrote:
Chicat wrote:Apparently you're a Nazi from the Lego Movie.
Well now that you mention that, it makes sense.
I think I've just become a self-admitted Nazi. Do they allow people with jewish parents to become Nazis?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Poor dude, but 4Life spent his entire existence confusing folks being anti-his-Semite and babbling-intolerant with folks being anti-Semites and anti-religion.

Rough
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Really? I'm not anti-religion, I just hate the church. I've never said anything that can be construed as anti-Semite.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
Really? I'm not anti-religion, I just hate the church. I've never said anything that can be construed as anti-Semite.
All of that shit was in his own head.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Greg an anti-Semite :lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:Greg an anti-Semite :lol:
Wasn't their another AZGreg with almost the same handle at TOS?
-JB
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Greg an anti-Semite :lol:
Wasn't their another AZGreg with almost the same handle at TOS?
UAGreg
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, also not anti-Semitic.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:So, I glanced back at goazcats, and the only thing is adding RichardCranium to the list and the fact that the list is now spruced up with full descriptions of the psychological ailments y'all are suffering from. That is it for the whole site. Damn.
RichardCranium - Anti-Religious Bigot, Anti-Intellectual
Wow. Now I can die in peace. I missed Nixon's enemies list and I have been so depressed ever since. Now I have this - great things come to those who wait.

But really now...

Anti-Religious Bigot? I am, as it turns out ordained by a church. It is to laugh. I admit I am not to keen on organized religion, and have little faith in many of the churches and none what-so-ever in what is the largest single denomination in the USA at present, but I am a long way from being anti-religious.

Anti-Intellectual? I consider myself an intellectual, however I suspect it is a description more useful when granted by others. Whatever the case, I am hardly likely to be 'anti' something I aspire to be known as am I?

This is what I am anti: hypocrisy.

I am anti-hypocrites whether they are 'religious' hypocrites or 'intellectual' hypocrites.

Really now, some of the opinions 4life espouses are little more than calling Palestinians anti-Semites. Palestinians are Semites, why on earth would they hate themselves (I don't mean that as a strawman, but as a comparison)? And why would 4life think to call people self-haters just because they disagree with them? That is what I call the hypocrisy - and that is what I am 'anti'.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

That dude's website was over the top. And I'm still hurt I didn't make his list.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Finally dead? I was going to go back and read the thread about Orphan Black since I am watching it now.

http://forum.goazcats.com/" target="_blank
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

Merkin wrote:Finally dead? I was going to go back and read the thread about Orphan Black since I am watching it now.

http://forum.goazcats.com/" target="_blank
It's been dead for a couple of months. I'm surprised MAO doesn't open up the Rivals provided free board. Not that anyone would post there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

https://arizona.rivals.com/news/goazcat ... nniversary" target="_blank

GOAZCATS.com celebrates second anniversary
Ben Hansen and Josh Gershon | GOAZCATS.com Staff
Hoxgnz2ozbcigccomveh
Two years ago on this very date, local web designer Jim Storey unveiled a website that he had been developing for months called GOAZCATS.com.
When the site was officially launched, Storey stated his goals for what he hoped to accomplish with GOAZCATS.com.
"My plan has always been to develop a site that meets technical and visual needs, coupled with the best content and product," Storey said on November 4th, 2002. "With the addition of Ben Hansen and some very knowledgeable moderators, I am confident that GOAZCATS.com will be a great place for people to read, discuss, and purchase great University of Arizona athletics information and product.
"We WILL provide the latest and best coverage on UA athletics... and if anyone does not think so, please let me know personally."
Two years later, GOAZCATS.com has far surpassed Storey's original expectations. However, if it weren't for our loyal reader base, GOAZCATS.com would be nothing.
In celebration of our second anniversary, the staff at GOAZCATS.com is unveiling some of our favorite stories and message board threads and posters. In two years we have had some remarkable achievements thanks to our readers.
The following collaboration is a thank you to all of the readers who have made this website such a special place on the internet for thousands of University of Arizona die-hards.
Thanks and here's to another amazing two years.

Important Articles and Message Board Threads
First-ever post (Oct. 27, 2002)
First actual post and poll (Oct. 27, 2002) Sauce in a landslide!
Beardownbaby’s Declaration of Independence (Nov. 4, 2002)
Caption Contest: Rob Evans (Jan. 3, 2004) This is honestly hilarious with all of the farking going on.
GOAZCATS.com Honored (Apr. 15, 2004) as the Top College Basketball Fan Site on the Internet.
Ben goes to “heaven” (Oct. 22, 2003) But younger brother tries to steal his job.
Ban ScReW HaNsEn (Oct. 8, 2003) The all-time longest ban thread in site history.
Live at Red/Blue Game 2002 (Nov. 6, 2002) Real-time updates.
DukeChamps2003 on "abhorrent" Wildcat fans (Nov. 18, 2002).
The See-Through Dress Thread (May 18, 2004) Longest thread in GOAZCATS history (58 pages and 1,145 replies).
Ebi to stay in the draft! (June 19, 2003) The well-wishing is hilarious.
WilmasPimp on Coach K’s “convenient” hip (Nov. 15, 2002).
Politics Forum goes “Unsanctioned” (Oct. 27, 2004).
Heads up on Nic and Fendi (Dec. 10, 2002).
Most Impressive Debut Winner (March 18, 2003) ByJoveByJingle’s “Glass vs. Steel” analogy.
RAP contest introduction (Dec. 3, 2002).
RAP’s Evolution (Dec. 10, 2002) Pimp is a freakin’ trailblazer!
The Epic Meltdown of CatsLover (April 10, 2003) Long live the "2 Luke Crew"!
State of the Scotty Address No. 3 (June 16, 2003) GOAZCATS.com’s Most Bizarre Thread Ever.
Introducing Nic Wise to UA fans (Dec. 18, 2002).
Caption Contest: Rick Majerus (Apr. 11, 2003).
Immel’s Debut (Sept. 1, 2003).
Ben Hansen’s Top Feature Articles
Jason Gardner (Nov. 5, 2002) Ben’s first article at GOAZCATS.com.
Chris Rodgers (Nov. 3, 2004) "Me-against-the-world."
Robert Rothbart (Oct. 13, 2003) escapes from Sarajevo to U.S.
Jawann McClellan (Jan. 23, 2004) “Why not ‘Wann for national MVP?”
Jesus Verdejo (Oct. 28, 2004) celebrates birthday, life.
Nic Wise (Apr. 29, 2003) Commits as a freshman (GOAZCATS breaks the story).
Trip to San Diego (Dec. 10, 2002) Photos no longer show up but it’s a fun story.
Mohamed Tangara (Oct. 19, 2004) Sacrifices himself to help family in Mali.
New Fab Five? (Dec. 27, 2002) Introducing the “Sixers”.
Cats beat Zags in epic NCAA game (March 23, 2003) "Rally 'round the family..."
Mike Stoops’ fake contract (Nov. 24, 2003).
2005 Pac-10 Hoops Preview (Oct. 20, 2004) Ultra-comprehensive.

Hansen’s Most Controversial Columns
Gardner maxed out as a junior (Jan. 20, 2003).
Pac-10 Player of the “Weak”? (Jan. 30, 2004) I'm not proud of this one and completely take it back.
Breaking News: Mackovic may resign (Nov. 13, 2002) Well...he should have!

Josh Gershon’s Top Articles
Will Bynum feature (Nov. 7, 2002) First-ever story from Josh.
Fathers’ mistakes lead to disappointed kids (Nov. 21, 2003).
Open letter to Livengood (Nov. 14, 2002) for not firing Mackovic.
Stoops hire generates excitement (Nov. 30, 2003).
Lawrence Hill feature (May 19, 2003) Very well may be Gershon's finest work.

Poster Awards
First-team All-Basketball
Iningo Montoya
DavidImmel
Auercat
aaa
Azgirl

First-team All-Football
WilmasPimp
NewportCat
CatEye
OJDidIt
Barringer97
First-team All-Recruiting Junkies
Azgirl
RubenD
bigtimeAZ
Iningo Montoya
AZfootball18

First-team All-Political Forum
TopCat
Chicat
Taylor
ByJoveByJingle
catgrad97

First-team All-Comedians
ByJoveByJingle
WilmasPimp
Beardownbaby
ScottyNAU
Merkin

First-team All-Controversial
WhassaMattaU
CatsLover
Killervibe
UDUG
DavidImmel

First-team All-Rival Posters
DavidImmel
SoCalDevil
the real dill
Morgan
Flipper
Thanks again to everyone who visits the site and makes GOAZCATS.com a many-times-daily distraction from real life. We will be here for as long as there are readers like yourself who want the best coverage of Arizona athletics on the Internet.
Sincerely,
Jim Storey, Principal
Ben Hansen, Senior Editor
Josh Gershon, Senior Writer
GOAZCATS.com
Nov. 4, 2002 - Nov. 4, 2004
Two years and just starting to pick up speed.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

WilmasPimp! He hooked my family up with front row seats at one of the games in Honolulu a few years back.
-JB
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

When did Flipper stop coming around?
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Where did you find that Merkin?!!!
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Forgot about ByJoveByJingle
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Daryl Zero wrote:Forgot about ByJoveByJingle
He's a great guy. Couldn't stand Auer anymore, to the point he wasn't enjoying Goazcats anymore.