Coronavirus League

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Phylek

Re: Coronavirus League

Post by Phylek »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote:But they probably came to the restaurant together. That makes zero sense to me.
I'd want to know if they can hear each other. If hearing isn't a problem, I think it's great because it protects everyone and maximizes the space. It seems like the point is to replace the face mask while eating and drinking.
Finally! I can't wait to get mine and go out for wings and ribs.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I feel better now. I've handed my iPad and remote control over to my four year-old, and now I'm just going to sit next to her all day and drink alcohol. Setting aside our pre-pandemic ideals, I should probably write a how-to-parent guide for the new era!

Anybody who judges me should know I've tried everything else. It's been since March 15 with no pre-school, nowhere to go, and no friends to play with. After we lost everything, I made it two and a half months before falling apart.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:I feel better now. I've handed my iPad and remote control over to my four year-old, and now I'm just going to sit next to her all day and drink alcohol. Setting aside our pre-pandemic ideals, I should probably write a how-to-parent guide for the new era!

Anybody who judges me should know I've tried everything else. It's been since March 15 with no pre-school, nowhere to go, and no friends to play with. After we lost everything, I made it two and a half months before falling apart.
My oldest had his first meeting with a new therapist today. He told her he gets six hours of electronics time a day. She nearly had a heart attack.

I’m honestly fine with 6 hours of video games & YouTube if the other 8 hours are spent outside running around and inside reading or being creative.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote: My oldest had his first meeting with a new therapist today. He told her he gets six hours of electronics time a day. She nearly had a heart attack.
Well excuse me, is she prepared to come over and help with the parenting for those six hours? Or is she just going to express her fucking indignation over something there's no better answer to? The world has fucking changed. We can't raise our kids like we thought we could. Sorry I disappointed everyone with having a child I wasn't prepared to raise, but it was the Obama era and I just didn't know the world was going to end.
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Longhorned wrote:
Chicat wrote: My oldest had his first meeting with a new therapist today. He told her he gets six hours of electronics time a day. She nearly had a heart attack.
Well excuse me, is she prepared to come over and help with the parenting for those six hours? Or is she just going to express her fucking indignation over something there's no better answer to? The world has fucking changed. We can't raise our kids like we thought we could. Sorry I disappointed everyone with having a child I wasn't prepared to raise, but it was the Obama era and I just didn't know the world was going to end.
And some people still think it isn't Obama's fault!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Longhorned wrote:I feel better now. I've handed my iPad and remote control over to my four year-old, and now I'm just going to sit next to her all day and drink alcohol. Setting aside our pre-pandemic ideals, I should probably write a how-to-parent guide for the new era!

Don't feel guilty at all. Can't believe you held out that long on the screen thing.

When my son was born I was adamant he would not watch Barney. One day when he was about 2 it came on and he sat down and was calm and required no attention for an hour for probably the first time ever.

I said "Barney ain't so bad." :D
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

You guys are the best.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Officially giving up and joining the life tomorrow: Daycare, the gym, and restaurants all the way until we battle the virus to our deaths or immunity. As long as Trump is in office and Republicans control Arizona, there's no point in waiting while we destroy our mental and physical health and our child.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Longhorned wrote:Officially giving up and joining the life tomorrow: Daycare, the gym, and restaurants all the way until we battle the virus to our deaths or immunity. As long as Trump is in office and Republicans control Arizona, there's no point in waiting while we destroy our mental and physical health and our child.
Do it!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thanks for your support, CST! We'll be following all protocols, won't be a part of anything that doesn't follow them, will wear masks and physically distance ourselves, and will only eat in restaurants where the tables are outside in the open air in addition to following the protocols.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

that's all you can do and mitigates the risk as best you can.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:that's all you can do and mitigates the risk as best you can.
This is about where my wife and I are at. We wear masks the few times we go into public and carry wipes and sanitizer. We went to dinner for our 4 year anniversary last week but it was very limited and distanced. I still work from home and might permanently at this point. We only interact with a small group of about half a dozen family and friends.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:that's all you can do and mitigates the risk as best you can.
This is about where my wife and I are at. We wear masks the few times we go into public and carry wipes and sanitizer. We went to dinner for our 4 year anniversary last week but it was very limited and distanced. I still work from home and might permanently at this point. We only interact with a small group of about half a dozen family and friends.
We let another close family friend w two kids our kids age who are friends as well into our "quarantine cluster" . Wife had a heart to hear with them and we all decided to hang. went hiking with them today and the got take out from the local Egees type place and went to a park after. It was fun.

I'm willing to take that risk as is my wife.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yesterday was the first time since pretty much February that I had seen SD86's wife and the first time my dad had seen them in months (dad is currently with me). I guess we're all a quarantine cluster ourselves now.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

First day back at daycare: Parents without masks walking into the school building to bring their mask-less children into the classrooms. They win. Hide your children inside your house, or get your family sick. There's no middle way in America.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Signs of the economy waking up ...

Records I ordered from the USA were shipped by the vendor, arrived at the Chicago Export Warehouse on 11 May, completed processing and was ready for export by 14 May. And there it sat. And sat. And sat. And... wait what's that? 9 June "en route to destination country" YAY!
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Vince is back:

http://shamwowmask.com

-JB
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

State of Victoria is reinstating some restriction after an upsurge in cases. People throwing parties has led to community transmission spiking.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

RichardCranium wrote:Signs of the economy waking up ...

Records I ordered from the USA were shipped by the vendor, arrived at the Chicago Export Warehouse on 11 May, completed processing and was ready for export by 14 May. And there it sat. And sat. And sat. And... wait what's that? 9 June "en route to destination country" YAY!
In reverse. I ordered an item from Australia on April 23, shipped on April 24....and then sat and sat and sat. After 55 days I canceled the order with no response from the vendor.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

scumdevils86 wrote:
RichardCranium wrote:Signs of the economy waking up ...

In reverse. I ordered an item from Australia on April 23, shipped on April 24....and then sat and sat and sat. After 55 days I canceled the order with no response from the vendor.
Well, my package hasn't moved since that June 9 status change. I'm guessing that the Post Office sat on it till they found a shipper with capacity filling up and gave it to them on 9 June. Now the shipper can't find a plane. There's just nothing flying. Virgin is in receivership (preferred buyer is Mitt Romney's Bain Capital), Qantas is not flying international (and barely flying domestic) so there is no spare passenger space to put it on. I'm guessing that international freight capacity is very tight.

Your Aussie sender probably didn't put tracking on it, so even if he could prove to you that he gave it to Aussie Post or TNT or whoever there would be no way to track it down. It took three weeks for an 'Express Post' package (an LP record) to get from Melbourne to Alice Springs. Express Post is supposed to be overnight, but they have suspended that guarantee. Aussie Post is absolutely snowed under; they have started delivering letters every other day now instead of 6 days a week because then they have the other days to concentrate just on packages.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

That's amazing. Flashbacks to those commercials late at night on tv when I was a teenager.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wow.

That is just gold. Lol
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

E! channel commercials in 2001 after 11 PM
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

It’s the polite thing to do.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

For context: Bunnings Warehouse is the biggest hardware chain in Australia. A SovCit Karen tried to enter the store without a mask last week so she could get on the Telly making a big stink.

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

:lol:
-JB
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

:lol:
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

catgrad97 is your new leader in the clubhouse. Congrats on the recovery G.
-JB
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

UAEebs86 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:38 pm catgrad97 is your new leader in the clubhouse. Congrats on the recovery G.
Thank you sir! I will wear the crown lightly but humbly.

And hopefully not get it again and get dead.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So my wife may have joined the club. Her first COVID test last week was negative, but she's still feeling shitty, tonight had shortness of breath so I took her to a small local ER.

They said her X-ray looked "Covidy". Not sure what the latest COVID test said. Gave her oxygen and decided to send her to the hospital overnight.
Haven't seen her since the first two minutes at ER, had to wait in the parking lot. So weird not being able to talk to the doctors.
She's diabetic so we are of course worried. She sounded good before she went to sleep.
-JB
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Fuck, I'm sorry. Hoping for good news
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

:cry:
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Sending good thoughts your way! Hope for good news for you
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Thanks for the thoughts guys. She's out of the league - both rapid and PCR tests negative. Doc thinks it's viral pneumonia.
Taking her some stuff to the hospital but won't be able to see her. They want to keep her another day or two.

I never reported back on my son and his girlfriend. She had almost every symptom after she tested positive back around Thanksgiving.
Took her about 2 weeks to shake it, but she's all better now. My son has tested negative several times and also for negative for antibodies despite being around her and then also being exposed to 4 people who went to a superspreader Xmas party and at least 2 tested positive after the visit. We have no idea how he did not get it.
-JB
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Very happy to hear she’s negative! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

good news, hope she feels better soon
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So what's the latest roster of who has had the 'Rona?

I recall myself and 3 others:

UAEebs86
CatInTheHeat
catgrad97
cpt

I'm probably forgetting a couple posters. Add your name if I forgot you.
-JB
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Just caught up on this. Glad to hear your wife is out of danger.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I just noticed what this thread is about. I went back to work yesterday, and found another 10 people from the department got sick at the same time. One died, and one, who is younger than me, was just released from ICU. I feel fortunate.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Just a thought from "Beau Of The Fifth Column": a great suggestion he made back in May...