Phone plans

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUHATER!

Re: Phone plans

Post by ASUHATER! »

so far the verizon network has been worse than the sprint network in tucson. never had more than 1-2 bars in town, was in roaming by the UA for a few minutes yesterday as well.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I've had solid 4GLTE service in every part of Tucson from near Rita Ranch up to the nw side of town. Verizon is so much better. Sprint could never compete.
illcat

Post by illcat »

Currently with Verizon but will be shopping next month Verizon sux. My wife worked for Verizon and quit simply because of reps lying to customers. She told them that plus a couple of other things on her exit interview. We're going month to month starting next month.
I mean I am not complaining but it must suck for good ugly girls.
--Officer Craig

You'll forgive DW99, he's used to the methed-out slores in Tempe ...
--Reydituto
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

anyone else in phoenix or tucson not getting any data service with verizon today?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

scumdevils86 wrote:anyone else in phoenix or tucson not getting any data service with verizon today?
http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless

Apparently you're not alone.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:anyone else in phoenix or tucson not getting any data service with verizon today?
http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless

Apparently you're not alone.
The fact that you get served a Verizon ad when you go to that webpage talking about how they have the best service in the world is hilarious. Google AdWords strikes again...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

In my 2 1/2 weeks of Verizon service after leaving Sprint...in Tucson at least...Sprint has a far better network.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

I've been Trying to cut back on my beer intake but after dealing with the North American Telecom industry all bets are off. I would like to take this time to tell AT&T to suck the snotty end of my **** stick. We've decided to go with MetroPCS. They have a plan for 4 lines, unlimited talk, unlimited text, unlimited data (1GB on 4G LTE, the rest slow as fuck) for $100 (taxes included) with no contract. Since we are switching carriers we will need new phones (our current phones are crap anyways).

My choices are:

Samsung Galaxy Light
Kyocera hydro LIFE
LG Optimus L70
Alcatel ONE TOUCH Fierce 2
ZTE Concord II

Any input on these phones would be much appreciated.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:I've been Trying to cut back on my beer intake but after dealing with the North American Telecom industry all bets are off. I would like to take this time to tell AT&T to suck the snotty end of my **** stick. We've decided to go with MetroPCS. They have a plan for 4 lines, unlimited talk, unlimited text, unlimited data (1GB on 4G LTE, the rest slow as fuck) for $100 (taxes included) with no contract. Since we are switching carriers we will need new phones (our current phones are crap anyways).

My choices are:

Samsung Galaxy Light
Kyocera hydro LIFE
LG Optimus L70
Alcatel ONE TOUCH Fierce 2
ZTE Concord II

Any input on these phones would be much appreciated.
Metro PCS and T-Mobile are one in the same now.
Tried them twice but their coverage is horrible where I live.

My monthly rate on AT&T is only $138 after employer
discount no contract, not counting the price of the phones which we pay for separate. 10GB shared for 4 lines, all LTE. Unlimited voice/text

Don't know a lot about those phones but I have always liked the Samsungs.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I just picked up an iPhone recently and it is one of the best investments I ever made. I use the T-Mobile network in my unlocked phone, and even though the signal is poor at home and at work, it doesn't matter. WIFI calling is a very cool feature, especially if you work at a location that has a WIFI network distributed all over the facilities. The phone switches over to the WIFI network for incoming and outgoing calls. Add to that data usage is cut way back. I pay for 3 GB of data but probably don't even need 1 GB now. It also works at home too, since I have a router with WIFI.

https://www.cnet.com/news/what-you-need ... i-calling/" target="_blank
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

I've had TMobile for a few months and have been happy. I have a 5s from work that's free, so moving my personal phone to a $50/month plan has saved me $85/month.

I have yet to use the WIFI calling, but the free Mexico calls and texts are the bomb. It's nice to go to our Mexico house and not have to rely on Ooma voip.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

We're still with Metro PCS. It's been almost 2 years now. Very happy with the service and see no reason to change.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »