Marijuana

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UAdevil

Marijuana

Post by UAdevil »

With AZ and other states legalizing recreational marijuana, I thought a non-political discussion topic on cannabis would be nice.

I've been a medical cardholder in AZ since 2015 and it's made a world of difference. Kept me off opioids, cut my alcohol consumption by 80%, and knocked out my intermittent insomnia. Also went from 220lbs to 175 with no change in diet, just less booze.

I started with edibles and graduated to a Volcano Vaporizer which I adore. With AZ's new law, I have just constructed a small grow tent in my closet and giving it a shot with 3 autoflower seeds I purchased. We'll see! Already have little 2in sprouts.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Chicat

Re: Marijuana

Post by Chicat »

I hear you about the alcohol consumption. Living in a state that doesn’t even have medical, and looking for a job, has cut back my weed consumption drastically. Meanwhile my alcohol consumption has gone way up.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How are you venting your grow tent?

When I was growing some outdoors my wife used to complain all the time about the smell. And that was outdoors.

During the start of the pandemic, and being sent home to work from home, I had some real issues and vaped an incredible amount. I had 3 portable vapes lined up. Chain vaping. Crazy.

I noticed I was coughing a lot more, and my lungs hurt, so I switched to edibles and my lungs feel a lot better. Note I have been smoking weed since 1976, with the exception of when parenthood came along.

So now I vape maybe once a week, and use edibles the rest of the time.

And you know what? Edibles are quite tasty. And cheap. 10 10mcg gummies for $8.

My medical card lapsed a few years ago when rec weed became legal here in CA. Although in some ways I wish I would have kept it being the weed tax out here is really high.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea I'm looking forward to the sales here. Especially for lowering my alcohol intake and losing weight.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Some of us can't participate due to our jobs because it's still illegal at the federal level. It will have to be liquor until I retire since I'm not a big wine person and I have to minimize carbonation due to stomach issues, although I still have a beer now and then.

Haven't partaken since my senior year at UofA.
Last edited by UAEebs86 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I am looking forward to be able to buy some edibles. I stopped smoking right around when I turned 30.... it was just making me tired. I'll need some advise on what to purchase from you potheads.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea for me it'll be mostly edibles
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I quit around 15 years ago and even then an 1/8 ounce would last months. I'd actually have to add a tiny amount of water to it so it wouldn't dry up. I only smoked about 1 hit a day. I would get paranoid if I had too much.

As for today I would start smoking again but can't. I would lose my job, get kicked out of school, and thrown out of my apartment. Technically, it is still illegal on the federal level.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My sister lives in NC, which also does not have medicinal.

Whenever she used to fly out west for business (she was in sales with Microsoft) she would stock up on edibles. Used to eat them for anxiety issues, since she had an extremely high pressure job. COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS!!!!

But now retired, and not traveling, she doesn't partake at all.

On a side note, why do online orders for vape supplies come from Canada?

I rarely go to the dispensaries since I really like the free deliveries.

Although from the delivery guys, they say most of the time they don't get tipped, although I always to, $5-$10.

Cheap ass potheads.
Last edited by Merkin on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

You guys are making me hungry..... for an edible.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Between highschool (early 70s) and 1990 I sold and burned so much weed I think I deserve a medal.

If you weren't a pothead when it was fucking illegal you're not a player!!!

Unlike youse guys I can't tolerate the effects anymore: heart-hammering sleeplessness and brain-nullifying intoxication.

Y'all can tell I'm just jealous.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

I've had my medical card for 4 years now. I love it, I feel it's improved my quality of life. Helps me manage my IBS, lower anxiety, can be more present, relaxing and helps with sleep. I don't drink very often cuz I hate hangovers and never get good sleep, also not always good with IBS.

If your in AZ and need tips or have questions on brands or different dispensaries hit me up anytime. I've been to almost every different dispensary in the valley and have friends in the industry. There are so many products now and more potent stuff then when I bought off the black market in college. I would say if your gonna do edible start very small like 5 mg if that, work your way up slowly if you don't use regularly. Also if you ever get to high and get anxiety there is a way to lower it, pure cbd. Can take you out of a bad place if you've eaten to much.

I have a volcano, Dr dabber, and I enjoy a good joint. Dr. Dabber is my favorite of all, its for concentrates. I switched to it cuz the older I get smoking is just to rough on the lungs. So I prefer vaping flower or concentrates. I highly recommend staying away from the cartridge pens, they are overpriced, kill your tolerance, and our cut with other chemicals typically. Edibles are always a go to for me to help with sleep or severe stomach issues as well.

Happy to help out with any questions or recommendations.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

One time my son brought his then partner home to visit from San Diego. His partner was about 5'5", and really likes to smoke wax. I am 6'5" and thought I had a high tolerance since I have been smoking a really long time.

So I took one hit of wax, and was literally locked on the couch. This tiny fella took 4 hits to my one, and will still going strong.

Never had wax since.

California has very strict regulations regarding listing of THC % and so on, and I hated it at first, but like it now. In the old unregulated days, even with my medical card, you never knew what you were getting.

I think many of us had the experience of "this cookie ain't doing shit", then eating some more, then next thing you know you are hallucinating.

Anyone buy any shake? It's only $75 an ounce and no cleaning required.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Lando... I'm old and not in the loop... what is this volcano, Dr dabber you speak of? (please don't make fun of me!)
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Shake and popcorn buds are a great value.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Great thread. Surprised at the comments about Feds. I know alot of Feds that smoke.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:10 am Great thread. Surprised at the comments about Feds. I know alot of Feds that smoke.
Do they have security clearances?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

We could see a Federal legalization under the Biden administration. It's going to happen eventually.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

And obviously employers can still restrict usage.

Not sure if this is still the case, but one of my brothers who works at Raytheon told me that when our sister was telling us about smoking a joint with her then boyfriend, he had to report that to Raytheon.

My employer (Cal Poly) had no restrictions on what you do at home (outside of Transportation employees needing a CDL who do get drug tested), but weed was not and is not allowed on campus.

Any educational institution that receives federal funds (eg Pell grants) cannot allow weed on campus.
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

Merkin wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:23 am And obviously employers can still restrict usage.

Not sure if this is still the case, but one of my brothers who works at Raytheon told me that when our sister was telling us about smoking a joint with her then boyfriend, he had to report that to Raytheon.

My employer (Cal Poly) had no restrictions on what you do at home (outside of Transportation employees needing a CDL who do get drug tested), but weed was not and is not allowed on campus.

Any educational institution that receives federal funds (eg Pell grants) cannot allow weed on campus.
Can employers restrict usage in states where weed is medically legal and the employee has a prescription? Not sure employers would want to interject in the doctor-patient relationship.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:20 am
Merkin wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:23 am And obviously employers can still restrict usage.

Can employers restrict usage in states where weed is medically legal and the employee has a prescription? Not sure employers would want to interject in the doctor-patient relationship.
I know in Arizona at least if you test positive for marijuana use and can't show a medical card, even if you have one, you can probably be fired
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 am Lando... I'm old and not in the loop... what is this volcano, Dr dabber you speak of? (please don't make fun of me!)
https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/cata ... view/id/26

http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/household/ ... orizer.asp

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:20 am Can employers restrict usage in states where weed is medically legal and the employee has a prescription?

I have not heard of any company accepting a doctor's Rx.
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:09 am I am looking forward to be able to buy some edibles. I stopped smoking right around when I turned 30.... it was just making me tired. I'll need some advise on what to purchase from you potheads.
A volcano is a vaporizer device for flower. Its probably the best vaporizer on the market for vaping flower. I'm a huge fan and have never had any lung issues. I switched to it after smoking bongs just didn't jive with my lungs or throat any longer. Now I'll smoke maybe 2 times a month otherwise its vaping or edibles for me.

The Dr. Dabber is the best concentrate vaporizer on the market imo. It has a self cleaning mode and makes your product last much longer. It's also inductive heating so no butane or other unhealthy chemicals in it. https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-1

I just got it in April and it has already paid for itself in how much less I have to buy of concentrates. Also doesn't waste anything. Can also be used to vape flower but it wasn't what it was made for. It tastes wierd, if you wanna vape flower I recommend the volcano but if you want something more discrete you could travel with I'd recommend the Pax 3 or 2. It's hand held so much smaller.
https://www.pax.com/products/pax-3?vari ... 7937709167
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Merkin wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:40 pm
Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:20 am Can employers restrict usage in states where weed is medically legal and the employee has a prescription?

I have not heard of any company accepting a doctor's Rx.
If the companies policy is no weed i don't believe the card will save you. If your company has an exception for a card you'll be fine. Mine does but I still haven't let them know I have it. They don't need to know as far as I'm concerned.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I have a pax 2 I've been sitting on for years and am looking forward to using it again
BearDown89

Post by BearDown89 »

Lots of good comments here. I guarantee you that Idaho will be the last place in the USA to legalize. Currently have to drive an hour to the Oregon border to a shop with a parking lot full of Idaho plates. It's hysterical. Of course, I haven't been since the before times, but my stash lasts me a long time these days. I'm a huge fan of edibles (once you know what you're doing because you can definitely over-do). I particularly like one that is a combo of 5mg THC and 10mg CBD. Those babies are my sweet spot, right in the seam for me. On any new edible I'll typically start with a 5mg (THC) and eat half, wait an hour, eat the other half, and layer them in from there. God, I can't wait to see live music again.

I've pretty much given up on flower - too indiscreet. I love the convenience/discreetness of the vape pens, particularly a preloaded .5 gram disposable w/o a cartridge. You can hit that just about anywhere and nobody's usually the wiser. Last time I flew to San Diego to visit the folks, I had the Uber run be by a dispensary. Grabbed a disposable and hit that on my parent's balcony right outside the living room and they never had a clue. And the vapes last for freaking ever. Like many others have said though, I'm starting to realize those vapes are pretty harsh on the throat/lungs. Can't be good. I'm mostly a weekend warrior, but even if I hit that two or three times on a Friday or Saturday night I can feel it. I go for indicas mostly. The sativas are too much, they give me major anxiety for the first 20 minutes or so until I settle down. I also notice, depending on the strain/smoke, I can have a pretty severe sinus reaction and get really clogged up. More good reason to enjoy edibles.

After all the bullshit with the last year, the election, and Idaho being a hotbed of redneckery and ignorance, I think about leaving more and more. Oregon, Washington, Colorado. I have a pretty good job - just need to convince them to make this remote thing permanent . . .
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

After spending months with edibles, which I enjoy, decided to get back into vaping, but just a little. Ordered a portable vape from a Canadian firm and it came with this herb(?). What is it? Don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

So if I am going to buy some edibles this next week- what should I get? (Never purchased edibles before)
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Alieberman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:06 pm So if I am going to buy some edibles this next week- what should I get? (Never purchased edibles before)
I like the 10 mg gummies. You get a 10 pack for $8 here. https://weedmaps.com/deliveries/croplan ... elon-100mg

I take 2, then an hour later take one more.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Ari, start with 5 mg and wait at least two hours before you think about eating any more.

If I ate 30 mg I’d be on my ass.

PS - $8 is crazy cheap! Edibles in Illinois are like $30-$35 for 100mg. Illinois taxes make it $40+. I gotta check out Michigan.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

looking at the stores here in Tucson, a 100mg pack of gummies (usually 10 10mg gummies) goes for around $20, sometimes $15.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Ba bump. Had a couple caramels this week, trying to figure out what I like and what's good for me. 10mg was barely too much for a semi novice like me and I was little out of it. Had 2 of the best nights of sleep I've had in months though!

Bought some indica gummies and indica kush today for my pax vape. Haven't tried it yet but I really just want the relaxation and sleep benefits. Not really looking for a huge head high. Maybe I'll figure that out later but I'm happy to start my legal weed journey at age 35 haha.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Carcassdragger wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:20 am

It’s the workmans comp insurance. They say no go on weed usage, they can shitcan you for it.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

My son's best friend just got fired from Home Depot. He had a minor accident when operating a forklift, and had his urine tested. He eats an edible before he goes to sleep and was not under the influence.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

That's the shit thing with marijuana tests...doesn't have anything to do with whether you are currently impaired it just says that at some point in the last few days you had marijuana. By the same logic people should be fired for drinking on the weekends and days off.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Yea it's really stupid. Does he live somewhere that recreational is legal? I hope some employees in AZ start amending their policies.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Believe every rec/medical state allows employers to drug test and be fired for drug use, even at home.

https://www.dfederlaw.com/articles/cali ... imination/

A federal district court judge in California decided on August 2, 2016, that a California department store could legally terminate a distribution center employee for failing a drug test that revealed marijuana in his body, despite that it was used pursuant to a valid medical prescription to treat acute and chronic anxiety. The judge in Shepherd v. Kohl’s Department Stores, Inc., after applying the law as it had been interpreted by the California Supreme Court in 2008, found that the firing was not illegal discrimination on the basis of disability as forbidden under state anti-discrimination law.

California Supreme Court Precedent
The California Supreme Court case interpreted in Shepherd was Ross v. RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc., in which an employee was fired for failing a drug test despite a prescription for marijuana to help him deal with chronic pain from back injuries sustained during military service. The court held that even though California’s Compassionate Use Act of 1996 legalized medical marijuana, an employer in the state could still legally terminate an employee when a drug test shows the presence of marijuana in the worker’s body, even when it was taken as legally prescribed.

The Supreme Court made much of the fact that while the California medical marijuana law prevents state criminal prosecution, the drug remains illegal under federal law. The state law does not impact how the drug is treated in the employment law context, nor does it require an employer to accommodate legal medicinal marijuana use.

Since the California holding, other states’ courts in jurisdictions with legal medicinal cannabis have also upheld an employer’s right to a drug-free workplace that allows it to fire an employee who tests positive for marijuana used legally via prescription, citing the drug’s illegality on the federal level.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

I know my employer's long-standing policy for medical anyway was that if you tested positive as long as you produce a medical card you're ok. Not sure if they'll make some kind of update for recreational. They do seem to be fairly progressive with employee benefits though. I am the only person I know that will get 6 weeks paid parental leave as a father when my wife gives birth in a few months.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

With driving a forklift (or a tractor trailer or a school bus, etc) it’s about liability. If someone gets hurt or hurts someone while on the job, you don’t want them to be able to claim in court that you as their employer were cool with their drug use and are therefore ultimately at fault.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

There needs to a way to test if someone is currently high on the job or not. Because with that same liability logic in mind they should be able to fire anyone that drinks alcohol

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm There needs to a way to test if someone is currently high on the job or not. Because with that same liability logic in mind they should be able to fire anyone that drinks alcohol
They are working on a test like they have for alcohol.

In the meantime, alcohol impairment is way more obvious. Slurred speech, degraded motor functions, alcohol breath. With weed, someone could be high as fuck and exhibit no outward indicators. So until there’s an impairment test like they have for alcohol, I would expect businesses to protect themselves in every way possible.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I had some edibles last night though and man oh man was that outwardly obvious. I was paralyzed in my bed and as high as I've ever been. 10 mg did nothing to me earlier in the week and 15mg last night had me going to the moon.

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Indica is the way to go for me. Few hits on the vape to accompany a glass of wine and I'm set all night and will sleep like a baby. Better than 7 beers too.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

5mg of my gummy is perfect for me
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Mint dispensary in Phoenix is offering free edibles if you bring in and show your Covid vaccination card.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

That’s better than a donut.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Chicat wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:37 am The Mint dispensary in Phoenix is offering free edibles if you bring in and show your Covid vaccination card.
Well, fuck. I just finished a week and a half stint working in Phoenix and my vaccine card is in my car. I haven't smoked weed since high school, but now that it's legal, I wouldn't mind trying some edibles, but I can't risk running into students by going to a store in Tucson. Oh well.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Checking out a Michigan dispensary right now. Haven’t even been back to the “bud room” yet and I’m already liking it better than the place I go to in Illinois.

And it’s going to be much much cheaper.

It’s a little further from my house but depending on the rest of my experience this may have to become my go-to shop.